• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

maomaoIYP

No. Dropped items scale in this version, but plans and items crafted from those plans are static levels.

Ah, many thanks. So forged items are really just to tide you over until you find something better...

edit: Got my 3rd character up to lvl 60. Don't really fancy bring the monk and WD from 50 to 60, don't find them particularly fun. I still like the wizard the most, she's melting faces off with 244k dps, maybe I'll spend some time farming inferno with the DH next.

Act 2 on Hell now. Just went from 8K DPS to 20K DPS in about 10 minutes. Fantastic stuff. Found some great legendary weapons and put a square emerald in for extra crit damage.

molnizzle

Is there any way to "force" a reset of a particular zone without quitting and re-making your game? For those that don't know, zones reset automatically after a set period in the console version. I'm just wondering if there's any way to manually force it.

Specifically, I'm trying to farm Caverns of Frost for the gemstone without having to quit and re-make over and over again.

Returners

Am I the only person who religiously salvages everything? I'd probably be a good deal closer to the money trophy if I'd sell a few things every now and again.

Yup. Replaced it with a 1500 dps staff on killing Diablo. No socket though. :(

The money trophy is for gold picked up. From drops.

Blu10

Yeah, realised that after I'd posted. Is it tracked anywhere? Can't remember seeing it in the character details.

It's actually tracked in the individual challenges page...go to challenges, find the challenge you want data on and select it. It will tell you how far along you are, and what is left.

bidguy

Banned
man i was complaining about no legendary drops in act 1 but i probably dropped 20 legendaries from act 2-4

feels like im unstopable lol

larvi

Found my first Mempo and it did roll crit:

241 Dex
84 AR
13% life
6% AS
3.5% CC
socket

Dex, AR and life were all higher than the max for the PC version but the AS is lower. CC is low but within range of what the PC version can roll. Can the Mempo still get 9% AS on the console?

zou

i'm somewhat stuck right now, can't seem to get my dmg up high enough to do m1. Playing barb, beat inferno, I'm around 100k unbuffed. playing easy is beyond ridiculous, I hardly take damage and elites go down after a couple of hits. I'm around 160 mf, yet drops have been shit, maybe a unique item every other run (act 3 bridge through end boss). And those that drop are usually garbage. The last 5 weapons were worse than what dropped act1 inferno. In the past 5-6 hours I went from 95k to 100k. Which is useless for m1, It takes me a good 15-20 seconds to take down a regular guy, minutes for elites..

Also, how am I supposed to get the keys for the infernal machine? I've done about 15 runs with full stacks and haven't gotten a single key from the fucker in act 1.

so yeah, any pointers? inferno below master is boring, my drops are shit and my mf seems to be inverted. :/

MrDaravon

i'm somewhat stuck right now, can't seem to get my dmg up high enough to do m1. Playing barb, beat inferno, I'm around 100k unbuffed. playing easy is beyond ridiculous, I hardly take damage and elites go down after a couple of hits. I'm around 160 mf, yet drops have been shit, maybe a unique item every other run (act 3 bridge through end boss). And those that drop are usually garbage. The last 5 weapons were worse than what dropped act1 inferno. In the past 5-6 hours I went from 95k to 100k. Which is useless for m1, It takes me a good 15-20 seconds to take down a regular guy, minutes for elites..

Also, how am I supposed to get the keys for the infernal machine? I've done about 15 runs with full stacks and haven't gotten a single key from the fucker in act 1.

so yeah, any pointers? inferno below master is boring, my drops are shit and my mf seems to be inverted. :/

What skills are you running? Once I beat Hell I rolled straight into Master I on Inferno with 93k dps and did fine, and that was with a DH, you should be be fine with a Barb.

Infernal Key drops are tied to the difficulty you're playing on; if you're on Easy that's equivalent to MP0 (IIRC) on PC which only has a 5% chance to drop. It's going to be pointless for you to do key runs if you're not playing on at LEAST Master I.

Greecian-

Yfq10xQ.jpg

So good.

larvi

If anyone has some machines and wants to run ubers tonite or this weekend on the 360 send me a friend request, gamertag = Larvi. I have several machines and want to get a HF ring so I can build some alts. My DH has solo'ed ubers on Master 1 so I should be good for at least Master 2 with help.

Alx

Hey, I remember that weapon from the first Diablo. I loved it at the time. :)
By the way, I found a Black mushroom (like in the original Diablo too, where it was a quest item), but don't know what I'm supposed to do with it.

Sanctuary

Am I the only person who religiously salvages everything?

I salvage everything. It got to a point though after crafting so many items and being so low on potions (lol Barbarian...) that I had to buy potions and was left with only 34k gold.

Just seeing that still makes me furious. The one my pre-PS3bungle HC WD had, was just like that AND it had +650 life on hit which is huge prior to having 150k DPS or so. Another ended up dropping for my semi-restored WD, but it didn't have a socket, and it doesn't have life on hit. Still a fucking amazing weapon though, and I'm hoping for a third or even fourth.

Actually, my WD is in pretty good shape now, but I'm still pissed. He has 300 less resist all and is still stuck at only 12% run speed. My other had 800+ resist all and was capped for run speed.

Is it possible to solo inferno master 5 without dying too much?

Yes, but soloing isn't just about whether or not you can do it. It's more about how efficiently can you do it, since taking 2x - 3x as long to kill things compared to a difficulty or two lower is actually a waste of time, expecially if you are more prone to dying. Master 1 gives you the biggest bump in MF and XP, after that it's just all incremental.

Ah, many thanks. So forged items are really just to tide you over until you find something better...

edit: Got my 3rd character up to lvl 60. Don't really fancy bring the monk and WD from 50 to 60, don't find them particularly fun. I still like the wizard the most, she's melting faces off with 244k dps, maybe I'll spend some time farming inferno with the DH next.

TBH, I didn't find the WD to be particularly "fun" either, yet if you ever feel like playing HC, I highly suggest using that as your first class. They are ridiculously survivable and have so many escape/control options and they can also kill bosses like a champ. Also, in case you have this for the PS3 and you need a better offhand for your Wizard, I still have one extra Occulus if you want it.

Sanctuary

Man... the differences between Master I and medium is like night and day..... Can't believe it :p

Yeah, it's Monster Power 6. If Medium is considered the default difficulty, then it's +180% Monster Health and +60% damage. That's before Inferno. Once you hit Inferno it's +795% health and +73% damage.
Master 5 Inferno is +3339% health and +150% damage if it stays true to the PC version of Monster Power 10.

maomaoIYP

TBH, I didn't find the WD to be particularly "fun" either, yet if you ever feel like playing HC, I highly suggest using that as your first class. They are ridiculously survivable and have so many escape/control options and they can also kill bosses like a champ. Also, in case you have this for the PS3 and you need a better offhand for your Wizard, I still have one extra Occulus if you want it.

I took a wiz till 30 in HC and called it a day because I got my achievement HAHAHAH. I'm playing this on the 360 though, I have 2 occulus and I'm actually using both chantodo's will and force.

I never thought I'd want to play this stupid game again but I downloaded the demo to try out the goofy controls...

It controls great.

Dammit.

would someone with the ps3 version be willing to walk me through getting a hellfire ring?

I have a headset and I follow orders well.

If you have never gotten it before and have reached lvl 60, and would like someone to journey with you, let me know.

I'm Gamer_at_Heart on PSN.

larvi

I just solo'ed ubers on Master 3 and got only 1 of 3 organs, and of course the one I found was the only one I already had.

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
Do you quit via dashboard for the shitty rolls? I regret not doing that, now I have to do it all over again because mine is really quite shit.

You can do that? Wow, now I kinda wish I knew that before I crafted the other two rings =\ Would save me a ton of farming for keys and organs.

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
I'm not sure if you can, I was wondering if you actually did.

Nope, didn't dashboard (although now that I've heard about it kinda tempted to try it). Just been farming like crazy for keys! I've gone through 12 sets of inferno machines. Managed to get 3 sets of organs. Would have better luck but I can't get past master 2 on my demon hunter.

I never thought I'd want to play this stupid game again but I downloaded the demo to try out the goofy controls...

It controls great.

Dammit.

Yep I tried the demo and I love the control scheme, seriously considering the PS4 version but would love to get the console controls into the PC version.

maomaoIYP

Nope, didn't dashboard (although now that I've heard about it kinda tempted to try it). Just been farming like crazy for keys! I've gone through 12 sets of inferno machines. Managed to get 3 sets of organs. Would have better luck but I can't get past master 2 on my demon hunter.

Ok I just tested the dashboarding trick by forging something that required demonic essence. Right after I forged it, I quit via dashboard and after loading it up my demonic essence was unchanged, so I suppose it'll work for hellfire rings too.

Sanctuary

Ok I just tested the dashboarding trick by forging something that required demonic essence. Right after I forged it, I quit via dashboard and after loading it up my demonic essence was unchanged, so I suppose it'll work for hellfire rings too.

After legitimately farming and forging four Hellfire rings, I've just started dashboard quitting for new rings for new characters. I'll also do the same if something like Cain's set ends up rolling shitty mods (I don't care about perfect, I just don't want thorns or fear or some trash like that, or boots without run speed). It does work. It works with everything you can forge.

You can also do the same thing when actually trying to open the uber portals, in case you don't have three machines or you already have one of the organs and don't need specific ubers again. TBH though, it can be supremely stupid with the RNG and I kind of wonder if sometimes it's simply faster to just farm the keys. It literally took me 25 minutes to get one of the portals to open, because it kept repeatedly spawning the 12 and 3 portals.

larvi

You can also do the same thing when actually trying to open the uber portals, in case you don't have three machines or you already have one of the organs and don't need specific ubers again. TBH though, it can be supremely stupid with the RNG and I kind of wonder if sometimes it's simply faster to just farm the keys. It literally took me 25 minutes to get one of the portals to open, because it kept repeatedly spawning the 12 and 3 portals.

I just tried this on the 360 and it didn't work. I had 4 machines, opened one up and of course it was the zk/siege one that I already have 2 organs of. So I dashboarded, and when I restarted the game I only had 3 machines left so I lost the machine.

Sanctuary

I just tried this on the 360 and it didn't work. I had 4 machines, opened one up and of course it was the zk/siege one that I already have 2 organs of. So I dashboarded, and when I restarted the game I only had 3 machines left so I lost the machine.

Maybe I should have specified that it works on the PS3, although it doesn't make any sense that it wouldn't work on the 360 since you save after a checkpoint or when exiting to player select from inside an act. Unless somehow the 360 is simply different in that regard...

It should work though since it was already confirmed that trying to forge something and exiting doesn't save the forge attempt and you won't lose materials. Just make a backup of your save if the 360 allows you to do it for this and try it again. Besides, you had four machines. It might have just been faster for you to open three portals and just eat one of the three instead of constantly reloading. If you can save your game via USB, you could just kill the two you need and if they don't both drop, reload the save.

Just found a legendary shield which gives more intelligence then my off hand source. Fantastic item really, gives 922 armour as well and surrounds you in a shield if u get hit too much.

Arjen

Finsihed Inferno, then tried the skeleton king on Master 1 Inferno, where he one shotted me, so yeah that's not going to happen, maybe i'll try another class, but i think i'm pretty much done with the game, farming for better items without a real goal isn't really my cup of tea.
My class was Barbarian, are other classes completly different to play with? If so, trying that out sounds pretty fun.

Finsihed Inferno, then tried the skeleton king on Master 1 Inferno, where he one shotted me, so yeah that's not going to happen, maybe i'll try another class, but i think i'm pretty much done with the game, farming for better items without a real goal isn't really my cup of tea.
My class was Barbarian, are other classes completly different to play with? If so, trying that out sounds pretty fun.

I'm a level 56 wizard now. Its more a range character than your barb and it's a lot of fun.

Btw, do tomes of secrets drop in inferno or do I have to go to the blacksmith and forge them myself?

Arjen

I'm a level 56 wizard now. Its more a range character than your barb and it's a lot of fun.

Btw, do tomes of secrets drop in inferno or do I have to go to the blacksmith and forge them myself?

Thanks, will give that a go then.
Tomes of secrets drop in Inferno like rain in Scotland, i forged them myself, and that was pretty dumb, now i'm severly lacking in tomes of jewelcrafting.

Thanks, will give that a go then.
Tomes of secrets drop in Inferno like rain in Scotland, i forged them myself, and that was pretty dumb, now i'm severly lacking in tomes of jewelcrafting.

Awesome. Cheers. I've played monk and wizard and I found both a lot more fun than barbarian. Disintegrate on the wizard is worth the price of admission alone. Next for me is Witch Doctor.

larvi

Maybe I should have specified that it works on the PS3, although it doesn't make any sense that it wouldn't work on the 360 since you save after a checkpoint or when exiting to player select from inside an act. Unless somehow the 360 is simply different in that regard...

It should work though since it was already confirmed that trying to forge something and exiting doesn't save the forge attempt and you won't lose materials. Just make a backup of your save if the 360 allows you to do it for this and try it again. Besides, you had four machines. It might have just been faster for you to open three portals and just eat one of the three instead of constantly reloading. If you can save your game via USB, you could just kill the two you need and if they don't both drop, reload the save.

No big deal, I may have done something wrong or it may be different on the 360. I actually got the 2 I needed with the first 2 machines the next time I tried it and got both organs to boot so I'm good now to craft my ring. The dashboarding after crafting does work for me on the 360.

One tip for anyone needing more vit is that it appears that when you craft vit gear you always get you main stat as well. I crafted some awesome high dex/vit/crit bracers this way, my DH has over 100K life now.

maomaoIYP

Is there a list somewhere of the items we should be bothering to craft?

Why worry? You'll end up getting so much money and parts that you can craft anything that you want. I just craft whatever piece that I can't seem to find something good enough for in the wild.

Number45

Anything that starts with an "Archon" is worth crafting.
Cool, thanks. I have a few pieces - going to get all classes to 60 before worrying about crafting anything.

I have no idea what stats I should be looking for (outside of the obvious) for any characters. Need to sort that out...

Since we don't have AH on console versions, i am thinking of starting a thread for trading and selling items. What do u think about it guys?

oneHeero

I hate asking the stupid question but what is the save system in D3? Just autosave at certain events? Can I manually prompt a save a specific way?

Top Bottom