• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Sanctuary

Once you can hit 22% - 25% run speed, you might consider: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bmYSTj!ghY!ccYZYa

If you don't have life steal on your weapon already, just swap force weapon for blood magic. Archon naturally gives 40% increased damage and armor, and improved grants another 25% on top (although I'm not sure if it's additive). With that build, you play on whatever master level allows you to one-shot most normal trash enemies such as skeletons or fallen. Once Archon drops, you just freeze a group of enemies and spam LL. Having at least 35% CC helps immensely too. In some areas, you'll actually be able to keep Archon up for too long (your other buffs will fall off), while in others you might struggle to keep it up over a minute, but it's quickly refreshed with Nova + LL.

Number45

Thanks. I'll check my stats tonight and experiment - didn't want to mess around last night because I would have lost my stacks (not that I got anything of value).

legbone

hello. my name is legbone and i am a gloomy demon hunter. it has been 5 seconds since my last gloom pop. i just love gloom and a little rapid fire to make life easier. i tried sticking with chain and cull the weak. but alas i have succumb to the easy path. i pop bait the trap to get my crit chance nice and high then comes the gloom. keep popping that gloom. feels so good.

sorry, i'm delirious from no sleep thanks to this game. about to hit level 59 with my demon hunter. my life is now diablo III.

Helscream

Banned
Here I am making another desperate attempt, but I'll try.

Has anyone come across a Bul'Kathos wedding band with +Resist All Elements? Or Immortal Kings Triumph with +Resist All Elements? [PS3]

Does Wizard bloom at level 20 I am getting my ass kicked at level 17...
Wizard is a slower burn, but stick with it and experiment. That caution may end up paying dividends even after you've gotten more power.

Mine felt pretty powerful at around that level. Magic missile and the slower manaball of doom saw me through.

nampad

Just played through the first act with three friends on my 360 and it was a blast. I only played Diablo 2 for about 2-3 and Torchlight 2 for ~5 hours so I am not really a fan of the genre and wasn't that interested in the game. A friend brought it over with him and we all had fun.

Controls work surprisingly well, only the quick item switch doesn't seem to pick the best options for the gear. Do the indicating arrows for damage, defense and health not include the stats on the items?

Two of my friends played the game on PC and also enjoyed the game on consoles very much. Couch multiplayer is great and now I am even a little bit interested in the singleplayer.

UNCMark

Banned
It's now available on Games on Demand on 360. Bought it this morning, and it runs so much better than the PS3 version I was renting from Redbox. Still not perfect, though, but damn good for an 8 year old console.

ShinMaruku

Wizard is a slower burn, but stick with it and experiment. That caution may end up paying dividends even after you've gotten more power.

Mine felt pretty powerful at around that level. Magic missile and the slower manaball of doom saw me through.

I'll keep that in mind. At level 19 now. :)

Controls work surprisingly well, only the quick item switch doesn't seem to pick the best options for the gear. Do the indicating arrows for damage, defense and health not include the stats on the items?

No, it includes stats. Curious what your problems were because it seemed to work good until late in the game for me.

Frostburn

Absolutely loving the PS3 version of this game so far. I've been playing with my fiancee and we are about to finish up Act III on Normal - Hard monster level. She is playing a Wizard and I'm playing a Barbarian and we are dominating everything. I tried stepping it up to Master 1 monster level but she was getting owned by elite/champion mobs. The controls are so good (Hit detection still sucks so you have to be quick to dodge) and the loot drops are WAY more tuned.

I was up to Act III on my second play-through on PC and just decided to put it on the shelf until the loot patch and possibly expansion come out. Right now the console is the best way to play this game (Wish they'd just add a console/couch mode to the PC version!)

UNCMark

Banned
Having a much better time now at 20. I die much less but I need more gear.

The game really begins at level 60. If you're dying at level 20, you're putting far too much time into the game at too low of a level. Put it on easy, powerlevel to 60, and then watch as the fun starts.

The game really begins at level 60. If you're dying at level 20, you're putting far too much time into the game at too low of a level. Put it on easy, powerlevel to 60, and then watch as the fun starts.
I'll never understand how people find the fun in easy power-leveling and farming. If anything the game is running on fumes at 60.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. I know there are a lot of people play it just like you recommend.

UNCMark

Banned
I'll never understand how people find the fun in easy power-leveling and farming. If anything the game is running on fumes at 60.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. I know there are a lot of people play it just like you recommend.

I guess it depends on how you view the game. For me it's 60 and beyond. For others perhaps it's 1-60, in which case difficulty would matter. I'm having far more fun at 60 on MP3, or whatever they call it, then I did leveling. I'm refining gear now instead of replacing it constantly, and also mixing and matching abilities and runes to see what helps against the 60 level hordes of enemies and rares.

Sanctuary

Kind of, at least on the console. The main issue though is that a lot of the really great skills don't unlock until 55 - 60 anyway, and level 60 is when the "real" gear starts dropping. There's not much point in actually playing 60 all that much on the console except to build up Paragon levels. But building up Paragon levels seems just like "something to do" just because more than having any real purpose. You should be at a point where you can farm Master 5 long before you hit Paragon 100, and after a point the only reason to keep leveling it up is so that other characters you create start with higher MF.

If there was a ladder system, you'd at least have somewhat of a competition going on, but we don't have that on the console version yet.

Actually I was having a far easier time as a low level wizard than any other class.

Same, although the drop rate seemed ridiculous for my Wizard too compared to my other characters. I found multiple set items with her, yet haven't found any with any of my other characters yet.

Jabba

Banned
Just got this on PS3 two days ago. Gonna do SP story,then some multi later. Any quick summaries for a newly created Barbarion? Will start another char once I am familiar with things.

I went through the game pretty slowly, doing all the events events and exploring every nook and cranny, when first released on PC, but since then it's been about power levelling to 60, starting to find good gear, and then taking on the Ubers.

MrDaravon

0PE5W40.jpg

The one time I'd rather have gotten LS instead of a socket for the one random roll, but fuck I'll take it.

Edit: Replacing my weaker weapon with this gave me a flat 68k DPS increase LOL. I have no LS now unfortunately, but have 500+ LoH, Regen and Life after kill and with that much of a damage boost I'm hoping it'll offset the LS loss. Good fucking God. I only even have a Flawless Star emerald in it too. Fucking madness. I already attack insanely fast now, if I got a good Bonesaber (like my friend has) in the other hand I can't even fucking imagine. I could run the numbers, but the Bonesaber my friend has is way better than this Sledge fist, I have to imagine it would probably take me from 270k to probably ~400k dps.

Sanctuary

Any fellow wizard trying crit mass in the laster parts of the game? Is it just as nuts as the pc one?

No idea what this is even supposed to mean. There was more than just one build that used CM. And the builds all work the same except for the fact that there's less uptime on specific abilities due to there being much lower monster density.

0PE5W40.jpg

The one time I'd rather have gotten LS instead of a socket for the one random roll, but fuck I'll take it.

I'd rather have that one than the one I have that's the same DPS but with LS instead of a socket. My Bonesaber doesn't have a socket either, but it already has LS on it. I've had a bunch of random Echoing Furys drop all of a sudden too, so I just replaced the Sledge with the Fury that had LS and a socket. The fear isn't as awful as I thought it would be, but the stun is still better.
Finally upgraded my amulet from a Blackthorne (that had 86% crit damage and 10% IAS). Ended up with an amulet that had 8.5% CC, 89% CD, 296 dex, 8% IAS, 508 LoH, socket. Boosted my damage by 40k alone. Finally decided to let my non dex helm go too. Thing had a bunch of armor, tons of INT, 58 Res All, 5% CC and a socket. Nothing was dropping that was an upgrade that had a socket, until finally an Andariel's dropped, and the stats were too good. Lost the socket and resists, but gained a bunch of DPS, armor and vitality. My resists on my Monk kind of suck right now too. Dropped from ~500 all to 378 all.

Our Monks even kind of have similar names.

MrDaravon

I'd rather have that one than the one I have that's the same DPS but with LS instead of a socket. My Bonesaber doesn't have a socket either, but it already has LS on it. I've had a bunch of random Echoing Furys drop all of a sudden too, so I just replaced the Sledge with the Fury that had LS and a socket. The fear isn't as awful as I thought it would be, but the stun is still better.
Finally upgraded my amulet from a Blackthorne (that had 86% crit damage and 10% IAS). Ended up with an amulet that had 8.5% CC, 89% CD, 296 dex, 8% IAS, 508 LoH, socket. Boosted my damage by 40k alone. Finally decided to let my non dex helm go too. Thing had a bunch of armor, tons of INT, 58 Res All, 5% CC and a socket. Nothing was dropping that was an upgrade that had a socket, until finally an Andariel's dropped, and the stats were too good. Lost the socket and resists, but gained a bunch of DPS, armor and vitality. My resists on my Monk kind of suck right now too. Dropped from ~500 all to 378 all.

Our Monks even kind of have similar names.

Yeah, if it has a low Fear roll EF's aren't TOO bad, especially if you put it in your offhand. I still haven't found an EF, Witching Hour, Mempo, etc though which is a bit of a bummer, but considering that the three characters I currently have at 60 (DH, Monk & Wizard) completely shit on my PC characters stat-wise that have hundreds and hundreds of hours on them, I can't complain that much.

Sanctuary

Yeah, if it has a low Fear roll EF's aren't TOO bad, especially if you put it in your offhand.

I don't really see how it being in your offhand makes much of a difference once you start attacking a bunch of enemies. Unless you're one-shotting everything, you'll be alternating each hand anyway. Unless the vortices also have the ability to proc effects and are tied to your main hand kind of like the Barbarian Sprint tornados.

On a side note, a Skywarden with two sockets dropped. It had a good DPS number, but I didn't think it would actually be any better than what I was using, although I decided to check it out anyway. My DPS actually went up by 23k when I put two emeralds in it. I was wanting to toy around with a TR build, but it seems like you're pretty much required to play those on the lower MP/Master levels or they just suck. Well, it worked out pretty well on Master 3, except for the fact that I had no life steal and would get owned again and again by most elites in Act 3 (they just LOVE to spawn with Arcane 75% of the time). 680 LoH only goes so far when you attack at 1.21 attacks per second.

MrDaravon

I don't really see how it being in your offhand makes much of a difference once you start attacking a bunch of enemies. Unless you're one-shotting everything, you'll be alternating each hand anyway. Unless the vortices also have the ability to proc effects and are tied to your main hand kind of like the Barbarian Sprint tornados.

On a side note, a Skywarden with two sockets dropped. It had a good DPS number, but I didn't think it would actually be any better than what I was using, although I decided to check it out anyway. My DPS actually went up by 23k when I put two emeralds in it. I was wanting to toy around with a TR build, but it seems like you're pretty much required to play those on the lower MP/Master levels or they just suck. Well, it worked out pretty well on Master 3, except for the fact that I had no life steal and would get owned again and again by most elites in Act 3 (they just LOVE to spawn with Arcane 75% of the time). 680 LoH only goes so far when you attack at 1.21 attacks per second.

As far as I know Sweeping Wind procs like WW does, but I'm not 100% sure on that. On PC I've never really had occasion to confirm/deny since I've never run a EF on my Monk there.

At some point I'll have to mess around with TR, I never did on PC. I have a Balance in storage that has something like 1600 damage with a socket and 2.2 spirit regen on it though...

Sanctuary

I just swapped out my Bonesaber, not realizing that the fist weapon in the main hand would actually be an upgrade. Gained another 18k DPS and now have a 14% chance to fear and a 39% chance to stun. What I meant about the fear not being as bad as expected is that the monsters don't really zoom away in terror. They kind of just walk away, and and then return once it wears off (it has a short duration). If it's your current target, it's no big deal if you have Fist of Thunder. When facing elite packs, it's pretty great to have 1-3 of them scatter for a bit while you focus one down. Although if you're using Exploding Palm, it's not so great (I tried so hard to implement EP, but the big bell of doom is just superior in almost all cases). On the hardest hitting enemies, it's nice to be able to both stun and have them turn away for a few seconds.

Seventy5

So sorry about that! Wish I could've done something about it... Maybe one day, though :3!
Anyone on PS3 looking for a new friend? Nobody on my list is playing anything but GTA V now but D3 is my crack. I have a 60 wizard and a lower level WD and Monk. I'm tired of playing lag city with randoms :-(

larvi

Finally got the All the glitters achievement so I have 1000/1000 now. It took me to paragon lvl 21 before I finally collected enough gold for this. In all that time I still haven't found either a nat's ring or boots. I've found a helm and cloak but neither were any good, so my DH has no set pieces equipped.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Played a couple of hours of this local coop... oh my God, this game is even more fun that way! Craaaaaaaaaazy good :3

MrDaravon

My Barb friend finally got an upgrade so he gave my Monk his Bonesaber, which combined with that fist I posted above pretty much makes me a fucking God. At something like 282k DPS unbuffed, 650k EHP, and even with only 2.9% LS (and like 500 LoH from a belt) I attack so fast (2.97 APS) and do so much damage it's the only sustain I need. Did a Master III run with 2 friends and it felt like I was playing Master I on solo, was fucking ridiculous. I haven't tried any ubers yet, I have a feeling I could probably facetank them on Master V now.

Sayter

Modded weapons and armor have totally ruined the online aspect of this game. I mean a crossbow with 1.6 million attack points? Come on!

Dahbomb

Is this list a valid list of items I should be aiming for in the console version?
While most of the good/popular items on those lists are still very good on the console version... there are a lot more items on the console version that are insanely good compared to the PC version.

Blu10

Modded weapons and armor have totally ruined the online aspect of this game. I mean a crossbow with 1.6 million attack points? Come on!

I don't know that I'll ever understand the point of people doing this. Is it mostly just people abusing the set glitch before it was hot fixed?

.la1n

Any tips on how to obtain 5,000,000 gold faster? This will be the first game I've bothered to get a platinum trophy on and it's the single trophy standing in my way.

Any tips on how to obtain 5,000,000 gold faster? This will be the first game I've bothered to get a platinum trophy on and it's the single trophy standing in my way.

MF/ on all gear and Topaz in your headpiece and inferno run after inferno run, but you probably knew that...persistence is key homie

Blu10

Ok seriously fuck the realm of turmoil. Absolutely the hardest of the three for me, and after visiting it 4 times, still missing the ingredient for the hellfire ring

larvi

I've seen tips that say you get more gold/hour running Hell mode on Master 1 difficulty rather than running inferno. The thought being is that you get the increased mob density from the master difficulties but can still one shot everything with your gold find gear on.

Personally I just ran inferno though since I wanted to farm items as well and I didn't use gold find gear because it slowed down my kill speed too much. But it definitely wasn't fast. I was getting about 150K per run, running A3 from the keeps to the end.

MF/ on all gear and Topaz in your headpiece and inferno run after inferno run, but you probably knew that...persistence is key homie

I think you mean GF on all gear and emerald for the helm

larvi

Ok seriously fuck the realm of turmoil. Absolutely the hardest of the three for me, and after visiting it 4 times, still missing the ingredient for the hellfire ring

Yeah, I have to repeat that one multiple times too, definitely the toughest to solo. Concentrate on taking out ZK first and moving around to avoid siege's charges. Use the Templar and gear him for vit/defense and with some luck he can help you tank siege at least a little. Once ZK is out of the picture you can take your time with siege, avoiding any tornados on the screen.

On the PC version I actually built a WD on an alt account just to help my DH to solo that encounter. I geared the WD for max ehp and life regen and would just place him in front of siege and him and his pets would keep siege occupied long enough for me to kill ZK.

maomaoIYP

Yeah, I have to repeat that one multiple times too, definitely the toughest to solo. Concentrate on taking out ZK first and moving around to avoid siege's charges. Use the Templar and gear him for vit/defense and with some luck he can help you tank siege at least a little. Once ZK is out of the picture you can take your time with siege, avoiding any tornados on the screen.

On the PC version I actually built a WD on an alt account just to help my DH to solo that encounter. I geared the WD for max ehp and life regen and would just place him in front of siege and him and his pets would keep siege occupied long enough for me to kill ZK.

I can do it with no real problems as a solo wiz by taking out siege first. Once siege is dead ZK is practically harmless. It is an interesting endurance fight, really tests how well your strategy is with your build.

larvi

I can do it with no real problems as a solo wiz by taking out siege first. Once siege is dead ZK is practically harmless. It is an interesting endurance fight, really tests how well your strategy is with your build.

I've only done it with a DH so maybe it's different strategy depending on class. When I've tried to take siege on first though what happens is the screen eventually gets filled with twisters and slow time bubbles giving you no room to maneuver, I guess it depends on how long it takes you to drop siege.

Sanctuary

That fight is actually tied for "being easy" compared to the Rakanoth fight for my Wizard, but that fight is just stupid as Archon. I have to always lower the difficutly or just respec to the braindead "hold four buttons and win" CM/WW.

On the Siege/Kulle fight I just kite Siege for about five minutes, using nova and launching a few hits at him before moving again, letting Storm Armor do most of the work. That fight is one of the premier examples of just how utterly wrong the zoomed in perspective is. Kulle spends 95% of the time launching shit from off screen. Even once Siege is dead, half of the time Kulle launches crap, or causes the ceiling to drop before you can even get him on screen. And unless you use nova, he just teleports away off screen again after a few hits. It's not like that at all on the PC version, because you can actually see where he is.

I also wouldn't say that fight is a test of a build at all. There are many builds that work really well throughout most of the game, including single bosses. Ubers are entirely different and only a select few builds can handle them solo. I'm sure a Demon Hunter could kill them too, but it probably wouldn't be with the spec that they primarily use for most everything else.

Top Bottom