• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drpunch

Neo Member
Enjoying playing the game again with 2.0. Loot is a better and the difficulty (for leveling) is a lot better. Restarted a monk and I am finding it a lot more fun. Already found 5-6 legendary items, though 2 were crap. I'm hoping the expansion continues the fun.

Ashodin

Tyrael ;(

zd75hKv.png

He's better as a mortal.

Also we don't know the ending of RoS because they locked out the final fight in Beta.

ZenaxPure

LTK only costs 30 spirit to the bell's 75, only does slightly less damage (or considerably more, depending on your bell rune), and the first rune makes it a 360 degree PBAoE attack which plays well with how Cyclone Strike positions mobs around you. If you can find a way to use Wave of Light just as efficiently or just plain like it better, more power to you, but I'm not a fan.

That's not even including the fact that LTK has 4 elements available to it where as bell has 4 holy runes and a physical one. It's a bit more flexible in general.

Ashodin

More characterization can be added. As an Angel, he was an aloof character that served a single ideal; as a mortal, he can feel, he can die, he can suffer. It's more humanizing.

Spoiler:
also the achievements in RoS might hint he gets back his angel powers so what do I know

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
More characterization can be added. As an Angel, he was an aloof character that served a single ideal; as a mortal, he can feel, he can die, he can suffer. It's more humanizing.

Spoiler:
also the achievements in RoS might hint he gets back his angel powers so what do I know

You have a valid point.
With the lackluster storytelling in this game though, I've always thought it would be better if he stayed an Angel.
Tyrael being mortal, Imperius being an enraged crazy person, and the other Angels getting trapped kinda portrayed all of Heaven as being kinda wimpy.
Diablo and his minions pretty much steamrolled that place instantly.

Do we have to spoiler tag vanilla story?
Tyrael going mortal and Cain getting killed always struck me as really odd plot points in this game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just crafted a 2.01 Cain's set for my Crusader, it's sooooo much better than before.

IceMarker

Also we don't know the ending of RoS because they locked out the final fight in Beta.

Isn't the cinematics menu still bugged right now with the final cinematic unlocked already for some reason? I'm having to willingly not watch to not spoil myself.

DustinC

Since I've been playing a stupid amount this past week, I should probably get in on the GAF clan thing. US here, jackburton22#1773

Or if there's a particular person to message just let me know.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
THE AUCTION HOUSE

IS IT DOWN YET

Hey guys - doing full act 1-4 re-runs for legendaries. Do people do them for speed and going through normal? Will that affect the stats on the drops after you hit 60? Or should I do it on Torment 1? (Which may take a little bit)

IceMarker

Hey guys - doing full act 1-4 re-runs for legendaries. Do people do them for speed and going through normal? Will that affect the stats on the drops after you hit 60? Or should I do it on Torment 1? (Which may take a little bit)

Torment I is the best XP/Legendary balance for the average DPS gear.

Is my DH DPS still low? Peaks at 90k at 100% Crit Chance because of the passive, but I build around sentries. I can't really put extra stuff into offense a few of the elite packs give me trouble. Toughness is rated at 500k. I can tank T1 Diablo no problem, but beyond that is suicide. I use sentries, though my the bonus skill stuff on my gear is usually toward my attacks.

Good god. I've since changed my phone (lost/stolen) and long forgotten about this authenticator crap.

Now they want my ID and all this? Forget it.. Wow. Wish I had never signed up for this. This is one thing I hated since the game was let on about - I can't even play this garbage on my own computer now. I want an offline Diablo.

Artanisix

Yeah Starcraft 2 and Mists of Pandaria sucked!
(sarcasm)

Being a big-name dev seems like a criticism magnet though I guess.

SC2 is a weak e-sport, Mists of Pandaria was a clusterfuck of awful daily quests when it first came out.

So yep. Free to pretend otherwise, though.

Dizzy-4U

You guys, I don't know much about Diablo, items and stuff....but this Haunt of Vaxo thingy I just got is incredible. My own personal army.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
He's better as a mortal.

Isn't the cinematics menu still bugged right now with the final cinematic unlocked already for some reason? I'm having to willingly not watch to not spoil myself.
Nah it's the act intro for your class.
I had "Malthael's Endgame" unlocked by default, which is the second to last cutscene in the expansion.

Then I killed Diablo once, and got all ROS cinematics, including the ending unlocked. there are 5-6 thereabouts (can't remember exactly at the moment).

Yeah..

Jharp

I so so want this, but there are so many games to play. I'm still working on Dark Souls 2, and Infamous is on Friday, and I just started playing Battlefield again, and Arma 3 is always calling for me, and I work full time and FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS FUCK.

Maybe I'll grab it next pay check, or just wait till my tax return, when I've cleared some backlog stuff out.

desverger

This might be a silly question .. but where should I buy the RoS expansion?

I live in the EU, and if I buy the DD direct from Blizzard, it's 39,99€.

A local retailer sells it a mite cheaper, but with postage fees, it comes down to the same price.

Are there any (US?) sites selling codes where I could buy the game with USD and benefit from the exchange rate? $49,99 comes down to about 35,88€, so it's not a huge save, but a save nonetheless :p

TheYanger

Good god. I've since changed my phone (lost/stolen) and long forgotten about this authenticator crap.

Now they want my ID and all this? Forget it.. Wow. Wish I had never signed up for this. This is one thing I hated since the game was let on about - I can't even play this garbage on my own computer now. I want an offline Diablo.

Totally blizz' fault that you can't be assed to handle your own authenticator for an account that controls all of your game licenses. Seems legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom