• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

Any good Monk builds or guides? Just hit 60 and need some help finding a functional build.

Take a spirit builder, cyclone strike, and lashing tail kick or exploding palm. The other three slots and passives are up to your discretion.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are crazy, I have 11 mil and I'm sure I won't have any money issues.

That's enough to craft one top tier gem. You will have gold issues, unless you don't plan to use the Mystic or Jeweler.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You forget that he's going to be getting gold while he plays.

I'm well aware that he'll be earning gold, but going into RoS with 10m gold sounds like a nightmare to me.

MrDaravon

Servers seem to be fucked right now, people may want to consider taking a break tonight unless you need to do AH shit. People getting disconnected from games, people in clan chat saying that their gold and gear is randomly disappearing/reappearing, etc.

Wow. Blizzard made all of the right moves.

Just played again after almost a year and a half and had a ton of fun. I am truly impressed.

A quick question:

I have a level 60 Demon Hunter with 100k DPS (don't laugh, I know some of you in here have like 1 million DPS). With the changes to the game, what difficulty setting and Act is the best for loot runs? I know it will be irrelevant within a week, but I still want to get some better gear before the expansion drops.

Remmy2112

Just played again after almost a year and a half and had a ton of fun. I am truly impressed.

A quick question:

I have a level 60 Demon Hunter with 100k DPS (don't laugh, I know some of you in here have like 1 million DPS). With the changes to the game, what difficulty setting and Act is the best for loot runs? I know it will be irrelevant within a week, but I still want to get some better gear before the expansion drops.

Probably torment 1 for your DH. As you upgrade your DPS you can change to 2 or 3. Personally I have a DH with about 208k DPS and 738k toughness and I can do torment 3 with minimal issues.

Deadly

Servers seem to be fucked right now, people may want to consider taking a break tonight unless you need to do AH shit. People getting disconnected from games, people in clan chat saying that their gold and gear is randomly disappearing/reappearing, etc.
All of Modz stuff just disappeared LOL

EDIT: Ok he just got it back

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I highly doubt the expansion will be designed in such a way that players entering without established gold will have a hard time. That's just dumb.

Not so much a hard time, but they certainly won't be able to use the Mystic as often as they'd like, I'd personally hate to have my gameplay limited by gold. All we can go on is the beta and the prices that we saw, and things weren't cheap.

ferr

looted a Garwulf just now, but the server issues made it vanish. hopefully i can get it back since i have a screenshot of it..

Ashodin

A quick question:

No one has a million dps lol

Most players in the clan average about 120K dps. Pushing near 200+ is a sign of amazing gear. even then, % damage buffs can go beyond your sheet.

Zuly

Finally I get a weapon upgrade.

7zzLb.png

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
No one has a million dps lol

Most players in the clan average about 120K dps. Pushing near 200+ is a sign of amazing gear. even then, % damage buffs can go beyond your sheet.

I'm rocking about 260k buffed, with 15% main skill on head and boots, plus 15% elemental on bracers and I feel pretty beefy. My weapon is only 1100 DPS though so I could gain a lot in that slot with a little help from RNG Jesus.

ferr

I'm rocking about 260k buffed, with 15% main skill on head and boots, plus 15% elemental on bracers and I feel pretty beefy. My weapon is only 1100 DPS though so I could gain a lot in that slot with a little help from RNG Jesus.

i can get to 541k buffed, but it's a pretty shitty setup skill-wise.

Tendo

Take a spirit builder, cyclone strike, and lashing tail kick or exploding palm. The other three slots and passives are up to your discretion.

What is the gain of lashing tail over the bell? I find the kick usually lacks power. Or am I using the wrong runes?

Dahbomb

I have 140K DPS (unbuffed) with 2 million toughness (with MoH last rune) and it's all self found gear. Although I have almost 50% to Lightning damage along with a few other skill % bonuses. I am doing above 200K DPS easily of the Lightning damage affix is counted but of course the real damage comes from Exploding Palm. I can do Torment 4 but prefer to do T3. I can potentially do T5 but it's not worth it for me.

Is it ever a better trade off to put a ruby on your weapon slot opposed to a emerald? Does the ruby increase the base weapon damage and therefore all of the % Damage stats of the majority of skills? Like for my DH, would socketing a ruby boost my cluster shot damage more than the crit. damage boost?

ferr

Is it ever a better trade off to put a ruby on your weapon slot opposed to a emerald? Does the ruby increase the base weapon damage and therefore all of the % Damage stats of the majority of skills? Like for my DH, would socketing a ruby boost my cluster shot damage more than the crit. damage boost?

i've wondered the same thing but i've always gone emerald. i see lots of (very elite) people put rubies in their bows. it might depend on the skills and playstyle.

Ashodin

i can get to 541k buffed, but it's a pretty shitty setup skill-wise.

as soon as I mention numbers the epeen comes out

Skab

Where are you guys farming for legendarys? I've seen core mentioned, but I've done a few hours worth of runs there have not had a single one drop. Am I just unlucky?

Depends on your crit % imo. low crit chance, use a ruby. high crit chance, use an emerald.

Got up to paragon 72 today with a nice group and got a bunch of legendaries, think I'm ready to start cooling down before RoS now. Here's to hoping for some ladder details soon.

Kadin

I made the mistake earlier today of attempting to flip some emeralds from the GAH to the RMAH with the hopes of profiting with some additional gold. Completely forgot that once you sell something on the RMAH, it can take a few days to be available so I wouldn't be able to quickly buy another 50m stack or two of gold. Ended up having to sell back the emeralds I just bought back on the GAH. Due to the 15% transaction fee, I lost about 9m on the deal overall. Sucks but oh well...

Try Hammer of the Ancients, first rune + as much fury gen as you can get.

Are you referring to Core of Arreat?
Crypt of the Ancients Act 1 is a great spot to farm exp.

Yeah... CoA and CotA being the most popular farm spots for loot and experience respectively is not very beginner friendly :p

Edit: From an internet communication standpoint, I mean.

Uthred

Playing back through the game one thing I wish Blizzard would add is the option to download less shittly compressed cut scenes

Sciz

What is the gain of lashing tail over the bell? I find the kick usually lacks power. Or am I using the wrong runes?

LTK only costs 30 spirit to the bell's 75, only does slightly less damage (or considerably more, depending on your bell rune), and the first rune makes it a 360 degree PBAoE attack which plays well with how Cyclone Strike positions mobs around you. If you can find a way to use Wave of Light just as efficiently or just plain like it better, more power to you, but I'm not a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom