• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradach

I've been selling whites on AH for 100,000 gold this morning. Crazy

Does crafting stuff like fiery brimstone sell for real money?

Nymerio

I've been selling whites on AH for 100,000 gold this morning. Crazy

Does crafting stuff like fiery brimstone sell for real money?

Crazy. I was selling my whites for 50k a couple days ago. Me and a friend were actually annoyed when another legendary dropped instead of a white item because the brimstones were so worthless. We measured success by how many white items we could take out of a dungeon :D

Today I learned these things stack...

NrUgSjm.jpg

Grampasso

Try Hammer of the Ancients, first rune + as much fury gen as you can get.

Are you referring to Core of Arreat?
Crypt of the Ancients Act 1 is a great spot to farm exp.
I personally like to run through the first beginning of the first act to SK, 2-3 legs per run on average and quite a bit of exp (2 levels per run). Since I hit 100 though I'm quite satisfied (and I won't have much time to play until the beginning of April >_<)

Thoraxes

Goodbye, best video game money maker and best part of the game, aka the RMAH of Diablo 3.

I enjoyed making $700+ with you, and will dearly miss you. I will also dearly miss being able to trade items with other players in a safe and legal manner, and to be able to trade with other players in a hassle-free manner. Really sucks that it's gone now, especially as someone who works full-time on nights.

IceMarker

I hope Blizzard replaces the AH with a "Trading Outpost" where you can post items to only people within your clan or community. Just someway to make it easier to trade without reverting their decision to down the AH or making the trading region-wide.

Thoraxes

I hope Blizzard replaces the AH with a "Trading Outpost" where you can post items to only people within your clan or community. Just someway to make it easier to trade without reverting their decision to down the AH or making the trading region-wide.

I don't think they'd completely remove the feature if they wanted to do any half-measures.

Robin64

Trading within clans is pretty much the main thing I want to happen. Even if they have to add a criteria that says you can't trade unless you've been in the clan for 7 days or something, that's FINE. It would be amazing.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm well aware that he'll be earning gold, but going into RoS with 10m gold sounds like a nightmare to me.

I only have about 15 million. Not all of us have min / maxed this game to death and played the market and hoarded dozens of millions of gold. Some of us are just normal players. :)

Kadin

Today I learned these things stack...

NrUgSjm.jpg
Wow, I have 2 sets of 3 as well but missing 3 of the eyes. Something fishy going on here...

The AH paid for my RoS copy so I can't complain..

People bought all sorts of shit items in the first weeks
Same. I made $41 since 2.0 launched which paid for RoS and finished tonight with 314m to get me going in the expansion. It's been a great couple weeks...

The AH paid for my RoS copy so I can't complain..

People bought all sorts of shit items in the first weeks

Pretty much. Even though I didn't play the AH much, and only for a bit in the first month - I got enough money to pay for the game, the expansion and still had a bit of change after. Can't complain about that.

Cynar

I'd say most bi-polar addition, you either loved it or hated it.
Luckily the majority of people hated it and knew it ruined the game. The only people who liked it were the ones who cared more about making a quick buck rather than playing the game.

Hayabusi

Played again in Hard for around 90 minutes yesterday and wow is the loot system rewarding now. :-D

Probably had around 2-3 rare items before and now almost everything is yellow and one legendary. So awesome!

PS: And finally those little merchants that you can kill drop something of value!

Luckily the majority of people hated it and knew it ruined the game. The only people who liked it were the ones who cared more about making a quick buck rather than playing the game.

Well, that's just not true. I played the game more than most AND I also played the auction house.

anthym

Neo Member
So i'm updating my diablo 3 files right now. I haven't played this game in over a year so I know a whole lot has changed. I hear people talking about torment levels, paragon levels, all sorts of shit that wasn't in the game when I last played. It's going to be a re-learning experience. One question: I never played a witch doctor and kind of want to play one until RoS comes out, then play a crusader. Are WD any good? Can anybody recommend an efficient build for leveling?

So i'm updating my diablo 3 files right now. I haven't played this game in over a year so I know a whole lot has changed. I hear people talking about torment levels, paragon levels, all sorts of shit that wasn't in the game when I last played. It's going to be a re-learning experience. One question: I never played a witch doctor and kind of want to play one until RoS comes out, then play a crusader. Are WD any good? Can anybody recommend an efficient build for leveling?

http://www.wowhead.com/news=228785/diablo-iii-welcome-back-guide

In general, though, don't worry too much about efficient builds or whether a class is good or not. Part of the fun and experience of any game is learning that stuff by playing.

Gothos

Anyone else thinks that ladders won't make it into the release version of RoS? I mean, I think they would have announced it by now if it was supposed to be there at the release, right? I guess we'll see it in the first big patch - question is, when?

Bradach

I can't recommend an efficient build for a WD (I never tried one) but I can recommend setting the difficulty to Expert for the +100% XP boost it provides (Master might be too difficult without decent gear).
Also there is a general +50% XP boost until RoS comes out.
If you open your game to the public and some join you get a further XP boost.
You should move very quickly through the levels that way!

Anyone else thinks that ladders won't make it into the release version of RoS? I mean, I think they would have announced it by now if it was supposed to be there at the release, right? I guess we'll see it in the first big patch - question is, when?

I think logically, one or two months after launch to revitalize the player base when it starts to dwindle and shrink.

MrDaravon

Warms my heart to see so many other folks who managed to use the RMAH to pay for their copy of RoS. I rolled into 2.0 with around 210 million gold. Between now and then I made enough gold to sell 650 million to pay for the digital CE, buy every single crafting plan on the softcore auction house, and now I'm rolling into RoS with a little over 300 mil.

RIP Auction house ;_;7

Warms my heart to see so many other folks who managed to use the RMAH to pay for their copy of RoS. I rolled into 2.0 with around 210 million gold. Between now and then I made enough gold to sell 650 million to pay for the digital CE, buy every single crafting plan on the softcore auction house, and now I'm rolling into RoS with a little over 300 mil.

RIP Auction house ;_;7

Diablo III was secretly a big budget version of Recettear.

Capitalism, ho!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Well, that's just not true. I played the game more than most AND I also played the auction house.

The auction house was good for making real life money, but bad for Diablo III gameplay. I think that's a pretty unanimous opinion.

Thus, if you wanted to play D3 to earn cash then the AH going bye bye is bad. But if you want to play D3 to enjoy a good game that is fun, then the AH going away is the best thing to happen to the game. The only real question is which player are you?

Personally, to hell with the damn AH, patch 2.0 made the game so much better and I won't miss it for even one moment.

Wallach

I have yet to touch Diablo III in any shape or form. Is it a great game yet?

I think it's about to be. Just need to shed the rest of the gross skin this snake was originally born with; once we're doing things like bounties and rifts (and presumably ladders) instead of endlessly farming the same damn story missions over and over, it'll be a hell of a lot closer.

Kacho

Yeah, it's pretty great now and it's currently in an incomplete state. When RoS comes out this game will be god tier.

I think it's about to be. Just need to shed the rest of the gross skin this snake was originally born with; once we're doing things like bounties and rifts (and presumably ladders) instead of endlessly farming the same damn story missions over and over, it'll be a hell of a lot closer.

Yup. Despite having run through story mode more times than I can count, I'm still having a blast. Adventure mode is the missing piece at the moment and once added the game will be 10x better.

Khezu

I played very little of launch Diablo 3, so my only real opinion on the game is for "loot 2.0"

AH doesn't seem like it really effects the game THAT much, it's just kinda there. Most of the really interesting items seem to all be account bound, and you get enough stuff from just questing you really don't need to ever look at the AH.

It seems mostly useful for like crafting items, gems, and plans.

But honestly, I have like 20 hours total play time with the game, so what the fuck do I know...

KAP151

Just put my last 10 items, after days of offloading a shit tonne of rares and greens.

Didn't get much, but im glad to see the back of them all.

Adios AH. You wont be missed.

Great enough to completely dominate my free time right now. Thanks to the 2.0 patch, I haven't finished South Park: The Stick of Truth, and I know that I have to pry myself off the game for a bit once MGS V and Infamous: SS get their EU release. And it won't be easy.

anthym

Neo Member
http://www.wowhead.com/news=228785/diablo-iii-welcome-back-guide

In general, though, don't worry too much about efficient builds or whether a class is good or not. Part of the fun and experience of any game is learning that stuff by playing.

Thanks, just read that whole guide. I feel like i'm up to date now.

I can't recommend an efficient build for a WD (I never tried one) but I can recommend setting the difficulty to Expert for the +100% XP boost it provides (Master might be too difficult without decent gear).
Also there is a general +50% XP boost until RoS comes out.
If you open your game to the public and some join you get a further XP boost.
You should move very quickly through the levels that way!

Thanks, I plan on doing expert first and see how I do. If I can handle that easily I'll bump it up to master. Can't wait to play (after server comes up, damn blizz and tuesday maintenance on their games.) I'll just go to gamestop and pick up ground zeroes and play that until d3 is ready :)

Reknoc

Played this for a bit at launch, got right into it though when I finished the story for the first time I kinda lost interest in playing it. Started again recently and loving it. Already got keeper of rolls prepurchased (normal as none of the digital deluxe items interest me).

kinda hyped, wanna play as a crusader already :I

MrDaravon

Yeah, I linked that wowhead.com guide to some friends, it's a really good and fairly to the point primer if you haven't played since launch.

Also I still hate that I seem to almost always be home on Tuesdays, and Tuesdays is always when the damn servers are down here :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom