• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is maitenance on tuesday mornings a regular thing (seems to be for the past 3 weeks)...because that kinda sucks. My main time to play is int he mornings just before work.

Since 2004. Welcome to Blizzard.

(Yeah, it sucks - Tuedays is also usually when I scrape together some good free time to do stuff, only to have Bnet down because "maintenance". I still have no idea how Blizzard still has such an antiquated system that all their games are down for multiple hours, if not the whole day, every Tuesday.)

(Yeah, it sucks - Tuedays is also usually when I scrape together some good free time to do stuff, only to have Bnet down because "maintenance". I still have no idea how Blizzard still has such an antiquated system that all their games are down for multiple hours, if not the whole day, every Tuesday.)

I find it really odd too. They also seem medieval when it comes to security - as after decades of PC gaming, my Blizzard accounts are the only ones to have ever been hacked. My WoW account was hacked a long time ago, after I had quit playing, and then last year my Diablo account was broken into and all my stuff stolen, which prompted me to buy their security key.

Brick

So is maitenance on tuesday mornings a regular thing (seems to be for the past 3 weeks)...because that kinda sucks. My main time to play is int he mornings just before work.

Tuesday mornings are regular for all of Blizzard's games.

I find it really odd too. They also seem medieval when it comes to security - as after decades of PC gaming, my Blizzard accounts are the only ones to have ever been hacked. My WoW account was hacked a long time ago, after I had quit playing, and then last year my Diablo account was broken into and all my stuff stolen, which prompted me to buy their security key.

there security stuff is wacky too.

one day the authenticator app just randomly stopped working on my phone. like the key i input at login to battle.net was invalid.

had to email CS my drivers license lol. i think ill be fine without it. don't play wow, and i dont think sc2 has anything worth stealing from.

Talon

I miss these guys.
FBuzeFR.gif

Nymerio

I can't fathom why their passwords are not case-sensitive. wtf?

You also have to take into account Blizz has some of the most popular PC games in the world under their umbrella so mathematically they'll always have the most accounts hacked because they have the most accounts attempting to be hacked, especially with third-party selling of items and gold being such a huge deal.

I miss these guys.
FBuzeFR.gif
:lol: I loved the Act 5 snow yeti versions of them.

Edit, here we go, the Adominable:
6liJGkq.gif

starting a petition to add the above gif to the OP, lmk

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I can't fathom why their passwords are not case-sensitive. wtf?

Because case sensitivity doesn't significantly improve the security of a password. Edit: It also improves user experience for them to not have to worry about funky passwords.

Better to have two or three factor authentication then worry about requiring case sensitive or odd passwords.

I hope Blizzard replaces the AH with a "Trading Outpost" where you can post items to only people within your clan or community. Just someway to make it easier to trade without reverting their decision to down the AH or making the trading region-wide.

If Blizzard doesn't add this themselves, (which I don't think they will), there will be someone that makes a website strictly for this.
Although with most items being account bound, I'm not sure how useful it will be.

Trading within clans is pretty much the main thing I want to happen. Even if they have to add a criteria that says you can't trade unless you've been in the clan for 7 days or something, that's FINE. It would be amazing.

I agree, this would be nice. It would be similar to having a guild bank in WoW. Not so sure that Blizzard is looking for that though based on how they locked down items.

bcl0328

I only have about 15 million. Not all of us have min / maxed this game to death and played the market and hoarded dozens of millions of gold. Some of us are just normal players. :)

i went on the RMAH last minute and bought 300 million gold. no way i was going into RoS with 30 million. i just don't have time to farm or flip items on the AH so i figured why not.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If Blizzard doesn't add this themselves, (which I don't think they will), there will be someone that makes a website strictly for this.
Although with most items being account bound, I'm not sure how useful it will be.

I'm hoping that they are waiting to see how the dust settles with no AH and all legendaries being BoA, and are willing to open things up eventually. I don't really have fond memories of the D2 trade scene at all, to be honest, but I still think it's better than no trading at all. Having absolutely no way to get specific items other than RNG makes it exceedingly frustrating to try and get a specific build-defining item, not to mention working towards an entire set.

bcl0328

Damn, that was fast!

Will there be downtime next Tuesday? Don't they usually skip a week when an expansion launches? *insert joke about servers being down all next week*

i've played several blizzard expansion releases. they will either be down for hours and/or tons of issues logging in, followed by lag and disconnects.

Damn, that was fast!

Will there be downtime next Tuesday? Don't they usually skip a week when an expansion launches? *insert joke about servers being down all next week*

The game will not work next Tuesday. You will not get to play D3 or WoW or SC2 or Hearthstone. Plan accordingly.

Haha, yeah, I am on the RoS hype train for sure at this point, but... I don't expect to really play it much until April sometime.

Diablo 3: Reaper of Servers

larvi

Well servers are back up but I wouldn't recommend playing. I just got all of the gear on my main char and stash wiped out, looks like some sort of bug, others have reported the same in the bug forum. My guess is they are going to have to shut down and roll back to fix.

Fularu

Banned
The game will not work next Tuesday. You will not get to play D3 or WoW or SC2 or Hearthstone. Plan accordingly.
Blizzard expansions release with next to no servers downtime. There are no patches and the content goes live at 3 am est.

Auth servers will suffer but the game itself will be playable

Overall the last few weeks of 2.0 have been great server/stability/gaming wise

ferr

Well servers are back up but I wouldn't recommend playing. I just got all of the gear on my main char and stash wiped out, looks like some sort of bug, others have reported the same in the bug forum. My guess is they are going to have to shut down and roll back to fix.

Jeez they said they resolved this yesterday. I lost legendaries I had looted during this crap. Avoid playing. Especially avoid playing HC chars.

Blizzard expansions release with next to no servers downtime. There are no patches and the content goes live at 3 am est.

Auth servers will suffer but the game itself will be playable

Overall the last few weeks of 2.0 have been great server/stability/gaming wise

So midnight on best coast. Nice.

Damn, that's rough. Hope your kit gets sorted out quick. Thank you for the warning!

The Q&A blog post mentions that the servers will be up around 9 PM PST, so it appears that it'll be like the Starcraft 2 launch in that the servers will be up at midnight EST, rather than 3 AM as was the case for D3's launch.

Having flashbacks of the Vanilla launch. Hold me.

I didn't get to play until 3 am that night.

I'll fall asleep and be up early if that's the case. Lol

The Q&A blog post mentions that the servers will be up around 9 PM PST, so it appears that it'll be like the Starcraft 2 launch in that the servers will be up at midnight EST, rather than 3 AM as was the case for D3's launch.

This is better.

Kssio_Aug

I want to play, but I am at a busy week because of university exams! :(

Hope I can at least reach paragon 100 till friday.

J. Bravo

I have some auctions going right now, am I going to lose those items? Even if I had woken up before maintenance started I couldn't have gotten them because i didn't wake up at home...

but yeah am I going to lose my 100m gold and crafting mats?

neoism

I have some auctions going right now, am I going to lose those items? Even if I had woken up before maintenance started I couldn't have gotten them because i didn't wake up at home...

pretty sure you are man :/

neoism

Man I really hope they dont extend the maintenance again.. :(
also kind of weird they didn't make today the pre-order day... :/ I want those wings.. not sure why its the 20th.

RS4-

They'll stay in your completed stash. You won't lose them.

Shouta

I picked up a bunch of Fiery Brimstones off the AH just in case I need them for crafting post-60. That shit is hard to get in large quantities so I figured the AH is best place to get'em.

I also picked up some reduced level requirement yellows for the remaining classes I'm leveling. So cheap. =o

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
re: the WoW pet, is that tied to the bnet account or a separate key?

Should be tied to your Bnet account.
In WoW it will act just like you had found/bought a pet and added it to your account pet stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom