• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laieon

You've never played WoW during an xpac release, I take it.

I had 0 problems with Cataclysm or Mists at launch, outside of maybe a queue and some quest areas being a bit too busy (but that's the best time to play!) I don't remember any major issues with Wrath either.

New Blizzard video with quick looks on each new feature, skill and zone we get on 2.0/RoS, including Blessed Hammer killing things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juT-1ew-ffc

Act V is looking really nice as far as environment art goes.

MrDaravon

I picked up a bunch of Fiery Brimstones off the AH just in case I need them for crafting post-60. That shit is hard to get in large quantities so I figured the AH is best place to get'em.

I also picked up some reduced level requirement yellows for the remaining classes I'm leveling. So cheap. =o

You don't use Brimstones at 61+. I kept a small stack of current crafting mats for when I'm leveling up the Crusader, but all currently available mats are not used at 61 and up, you'll start salvaging different white/blue/yellow/orange mats from items.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
New Blizzard video with quick looks on each new feature, skill and zone we get on 2.0/RoS, including Blessed Hammer killing things.

hype

HYPE

tumblr_static_hype_brand_3_cw_sml.jpg

I had 0 problems with Cataclysm or Mists at launch, outside of maybe a queue and some quest areas being a bit too busy (but that's the best time to play!) I don't remember any major issues with Wrath either.

EU? Because NA Cata launch was a catastrophe, no pun intended. Servers falling over for several hours, then hour long queues, occasional server crashes. Granted, they launched it at like 2am, so most people in EST could sleep through the troubles... which might be why some people didn't notice them.

But to their credit, after a few days it's pretty smooth sailing. Same with D3 and SCII, it only took a week or two before most of the major troubles went away after launch.

Laieon

EU? Because NA Cata launch was a catastrophe, no pun intended. Servers falling over for several hours, then hour long queues, occasional server crashes. Granted, they launched it at like 2am, so most people in EST could sleep through the troubles... which might be why some people didn't notice them.

Nope, NA. CST.

SC2 and HotS both went live without a hitch, and my experience with WoW expansions has just been server queues and crowded areas, but never any server downtime. As with D3's 2.0 patch, a lot of the downtime comes with the pre-expansion patches that put in the systems and framework for the expansion. I remember WoW being down until around 9 PM EST when patch 3.0 came out, and that was the worst I've seen it. D3's launch was pretty bad, but I doubt RoS will come close to that level.

Kacho

Very nice video. Had no idea the Pandemonium Fortress was in this. :D

Well, I live in an alternate reality then. :/

I doubt RoS will have any major issues though. Not sure if it will pull even half the D3 day 1 launch numbers, which may work out for the best.

This is what I'm thinking. There will be some issues but nothing that compares to the D3 launch. That was just a mess. RoS should be relatively smooth.

razielim

Yeah I am still missing around 74 million gold last night. I lost all my gear to but got that back after relogging, but never go the gold back.

Had to do a double take as I thought I was reading my own post haha.

Are there any reports on Crusader yet? I've only seen a youtube video just showing off some of the action but no lengthy game play with commentary. Haven't checked the skills calculator yet as I only remember to check at work and battle.net is blocked. Looking forward to reaching 70 with my monk and then possibly changing some of my lower gear to strength for Crusader leveling. Hoping it's possible to pump out hurt with a shield equipped, but not counting on it.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

But to their credit, after a few days it's pretty smooth sailing. Same with D3 and SCII, it only took a week or two before most of the major troubles went away after launch.

I'm NA and didn't have a single issue with Cata or MoP (didn't get wotlk for midnight release, but my friends were all happily levelling deathknights by 12:30 est.) In my experience, its the pre content patch that causes issues, every non BC expansion for me has been silky smooth.

Shouta

You don't use Brimstones at 61+. I kept a small stack of current crafting mats for when I'm leveling up the Crusader, but all currently available mats are not used at 61 and up, you'll start salvaging different white/blue/yellow/orange mats from items.

Ohz. Oh well. I can use it for on my 60 chars when leveling then, lol.

I'm NA and didn't have a single issue with Cata or MoP (didn't get wotlk for midnight release, but my friends were all happily levelling deathknights by 12:30 est.) In my experience, its the pre content patch that causes issues, every non BC expansion for me has been silky smooth.

Glad you didn't have issues. Doesn't really change the fact that I did. :p But that's all in the past now anyway.

hitsugi

Very nice video. Had no idea the Pandemonium Fortress was in this. :D

This is what I'm thinking. There will be some issues but nothing that compares to the D3 launch. That was just a mess. RoS should be relatively smooth.

While I ran through it the first time, I was thinking to myself "..is this...?" then the location name popped up. Nice throwback, although I favor it as a resting spot

Firemind

Had to do a double take as I thought I was reading my own post haha.

Are there any reports on Crusader yet? I've only seen a youtube video just showing off some of the action but no lengthy game play with commentary. Haven't checked the skills calculator yet as I only remember to check at work and battle.net is blocked. Looking forward to reaching 70 with my monk and then possibly changing some of my lower gear to strength for Crusader leveling. Hoping it's possible to pump out hurt with a shield equipped, but not counting on it.

I hear wrath is kind of annoying to generate, so probably not possible to cast unlimited hammers. MC Hammer is disappointed.

Related to this, I hope everyone sold their expensive gems because starting at level 61 Marquise gems start dropping making all of our current gems worthless. The highest ones I kept were a few Star gems worth a few hundred grand each. I hope no one kept their Radiant Star gems worth like 10, 15, 20 mil... ouch!

razielim

I hear wrath is kind of annoying to generate, so probably not possible to cast unlimited hammers. MC Hammer is disappointed.

While disappointing for Hammer Time, how about shield demolition? Can we please Capt America?! I would dual wield shields if they'd let me and could bring pain.

huxley00

To be honest, I thought they're launch was one of the better launches compared to similar games. A few hours to get in but then it was pretty smooth overall. I remember a lot of MMO launches that went far worse...

Leckan

Related to this, I hope everyone sold their expensive gems because starting at level 61 Marquise gems start dropping making all of our current gems worthless. The highest ones I kept were a few Star gems worth a few hundred grand each. I hope no one kept their Radiant Star gems worth like 10, 15, 20 mil... ouch!

I sold all my crafting stuff that I could and made a few million yet I forgot to sell my gems but fortunately my highest like your were regular star gems. Still lost a few million so I'm a bit bummed about that.

Oh well, hopefully gold acquiring is well balanced with their costs considering they have to balance it with a lot of new players that have nearly empty bank accounts so to speak.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That new video hype! I can't wait. I'm almost glad Blizzard snubbed me during beta so I get to experience it all fresh and for the first time.

So what will the new farming hotness be in RoS? Will it be Adventure Mode w/ Nephalem Rifts?

I hope so; buying a $40 expansion just to continue running Act 3 over and over would be a bummer.

Kacho

So what will the new farming hotness be in RoS? Will it be Adventure Mode w/ Nephalem Rifts?

I hope so; buying a $40 expansion just to continue running Act 3 over and over would be a bummer.

If people continue to farm Act 3 in story mode instead of playing Adventure mode Blizzard will nerf the game to the point where it literally ceases to exist.

Yup. Adventure mode, bounties and rifts. You can stay in the same game for hours and hours doing bounties and rifts, across any act.

Yup.

Rifts and Bounties will be much better XP and gold wise, plus you get blood shards to gamble with.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

If anything beats bounties and rifts, it'll get nerfed until they're better. That's the intended endgame.

So what's everyone's plan with the new content? Going to level a crusader and go through the whole game again or continue with the new content with an existing character?

Nete

So what's everyone's plan with the new content? Going to level a crusader and go through the whole game again or continue with the new content with an existing character?

I'll play with the DH just enough to unlock the Mystic and grab some Ruby Marquises. Once that, full Crusader.

Kacho

Going through Act V on Normal with one of my characters just to unlock Adventure mode. After that I'll be full on Adventure mode for leveling and end game stuff. I've had enough Story mode to last me two life times. lol

I'm going to roll a new Crusader and go from 1 to 70. It doesn't take long at all to get to 60 with a few bonus XP% items. I want to hear all the new NPC interactions with the Crusader and experience Act V for the first time as one.

I'll take my Monk to 70 first, will finish Act V with him and try adventure mode and getting some new 70 loot.
After that is Crusader time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom