• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

soo, frozen orb is still pretty good right? they just nerfed the chill effect and bonus damage radius. not a big deal if you use blackhole with the cold rune (forget name). it adds like 3% cold damage per enemy hit.

Yea overall its hardly a nerf at all.

Jubs

No true elemental affixes to certain Monk generators? I wanted actual lightning damage with Wothf - hands of lightning. Sigh, maybe next patch...

mileS

Seems the new Paragon portraits have snuck in today.

1f05ke1.png

all you get for 300 is two * at the bottom lol

I thought the bug with frozen orb is that it was hitting 3x.. not the radius being too big.

nope. don't believe everything you hear is the main msg here.

Dem Monk Changes!

Seriously thou, Can someone offer some advise for my Monk? Thanks

So I ventured into T1 slow rifts yesterday and while I survived just fine it was just too slow, I thought I was geared ok for it, but after one-shooting everybody on normal T1 Torment felt too slow I only go 2 legs compared to the more constant drop I get from normal bounties so it didn't feel that satisfying for me. I do however want to farm Torment for the chance of set items.
can someone give some tips for my Monk, what numbers should I be at, skills and gear?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/OmegaMan-1511/hero/1642708

Krassus

Frozen Orb wasnt the issue, stacking IAS + prodigy and refilling your AP in one cast was. That alone is going to tank Wizards eDPS by a lot if they were using it correctly before the nerf.

The Cowboy

Is it me is or WD Haunt kinda a no brainer to have now, i just feel for the damage it can put out along with certain runes for 50 mana is kinda insane. I'm really not so sure i like this change despite maining a WD, it just seems a bit to much of a buff IMO.

With my mask (Quetzalcoatl), this skill will be just crazy.

Is it me is or WD Haunt kinda a no brainer to have now, i just feel for the damage it can put out along with certain runes for 50 mana is kinda insane. I'm really not so sure i like this change despite maining a WD, it just seems a bit to much of a buff IMO.

With my mask (Quetzalcoatl), this skill will be just crazy.

Oh yes, I will be using it for sure. I have some extra + % cold damage, too. GG.

garath

So wait, they reduce the cooldown of Steed charge (cool) but nerf the duration to 1.5 seconds? Ugh.

The damage reduction is cool. Sucks that the DH buffs are so minor. I guess I'll have to try out Evasive fire and Hungering arrow again. Been using entangling shot or grenades for ages.

J0dy77

So are Wizards still clearly the best?

It seems like it isn't even a comparison right now. I'm not sure what blizzard was thinking with the overall damage output of the Wizard. They just melt everything and almost break the dynamic of grouping. Running t2 on my monk the majority of the players that join are Wizards who just face roll everything while most other classes stick to T1 because they can't withstand the damage spike.

jblank83

So wait, they reduce the cooldown of Steed charge (cool) but nerf the duration to 1.5 seconds? Ugh.

It's still mathematically more uptime. It also makes it more useful for control escape, from jail and walls, and so on.

I don't think it's great, but it's definitely better than it was.

scy

Honestly, if you're using Steed Charge on your bar when rifting, you're wasting the slot already.

Good to see the 15% DR one made it in here. I think I'm actually unkillable now. Time to test stuff out.

Omnicent

Now to start working on a Fissure build. I just need to find a Darklight (drop fissures for more fissures, man that + charged up is going to be fun)

I was so happy I got my first TG's Vigor.

I was so happy.

Until I realized I was a Crusader.

ugG.png
Damn that sucks, I lucked out on mine having good rolls on mine (could be higher rolls, but all the stats I want are there).

By the way this shouldn't happen. Guessing smart loot isn't so smart.

Paches

so the arcane Dynamo fix means channeled spells get a 60% damage buff the entire channeling time? Huge if true

If it is the entire time I will be going Ray of Frost with my Light of Grace (RoF pierces unique). It already "ticks" in damage for 9-12M with Cold Blooded.

kencey

It seems like it isn't even a comparison right now. I'm not sure what blizzard was thinking with the overall damage output of the Wizard. They just melt everything and almost break the dynamic of grouping. Running t2 on my monk the majority of the players that join are Wizards who just face roll everything while most other classes stick to T1 because they can't withstand the damage spike.

The other day i was rifting on T1 with 2 wiz and 1 wd and they just melted everything. Elites dead in 5 seconds.
I was doing nothing, NOTHING, just walking around trying to hit something. Very frustrating and needless to say i was playing on a crusader.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Blizzard said:
2.0.5 Patch notes
General:
  • Since monks are so amazing and perfect, we have decided to remove all other classes.

Blizz knows what's up.

edit: Crusader's taking 15% less damage will make Ashodin happy.

bcl0328

By the way this shouldn't happen. Guessing smart loot isn't so smart.

i see this sentence ALL the time. smart loot does not work 100% of the time. an item drops and a dice rolls that determines if smart loot will apply or not. it works about 70% of the time.

Tom Penny

That's pretty much how it is lower T level any decent character melts everything but on higher torment..as a monk I'm basically buffing the heavy hitter demon hunter and wizards attacks with exploding palm and inner sanctuary. The DPS difference is ridiculous on top of being a large area of attack..and they can just stay far away from the actual fight.

scy

T3 all day every day

Probably. The T3 issue was a little lax in kill speed coupled with taking too much damage for my sustain at the time so it had a few unnecessary deaths which slowed the run down. Granted, I've since added like 2k Armor / 300 AR so I might have fixed the problem already.

The other day i was rifting on T1 with 2 wiz and 1 wd and they just melted everything. Elites dead in 5 seconds.
I was doing nothing, NOTHING, just walking around trying to hit something. Very frustrating and needless to say i was playing on a crusader.

What's your build? Gear level compared to them? I group pretty regularly with basically every class and I never feel useless. My damage is pretty good all things considered. The problem is it's all burst. Once I unload Condemn and FoH's, I'm doing little compared to the Wizards or WD or DHs. But that initial burst? Probably higher than theirs (if I preload the Condemn, it's ~65M Average Damage in the ~1.5s it takes to triple FoH). The Crusader problem is the time to refill after a full wrath dump is too long.

Honestly, Heavenly Strength just needs to steal the Spirit Generation passive that 2H Monks get from The Guardian's Path. Or make Provoke a bit better / Zealous Glare partially built into Shield Glare. Going to test how I feel with a 1H build but from what I did yesterday, I have too much Wrath.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
No mention of the Shield Bash desynch issue. Basically if you used Shield Bash while Jailed, you'd desynch and have to quit and pop back in, losing your bounty progress. Any US folks know if this has been fixed? Not using the skill until it is, for sure.

Ohnonono

Time to finally get my reaper's wraps.

Can you just kill him in adventure mode for the craft item if you have the plans already?

Also if you are going to use the new Fissure is it pretty much a a sure thing that you need to be stacking + lightninig%? or is the damage so insane that it will out perform the holy rune anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom