• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

I am starting a Crusader (He is level 7!) What is the best way to level him? Adventure mode on hard or something?

Roll some gear with reduction to level requirement and run adventure mode and rifts. Or have someone power level on a high version of a dungeon. Tag along in the background of T1 lvl 70 groups.

The full patch notes.

In Campaign Mode, Manglemaw now only drops loot and gives XP before the player progresses to the Chancellor's Tomb quest

Seems people were misquoting that change a lot. He still drops loot but only under normal campaign mode circumstances. You just can't chain farm him anymore.

Some really good changes in there that I'm excited about.

- Level 70 crafted sets no longer require Flawless Royal gems and instead now require Marquise gems

- The drop rate of unique Legendary crafting materials has been significantly increased
This matches the drop rate of Death's Breaths

Awwwwwwww yisssssssssssss

- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Frozen Orb was chilling for longer than intended

- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the Frozen Orb bonus damage radius was hitting a larger area than intended

Good. I no longer have the constant urge to switch my build to frozen orb because it's just so damn viable. I can happily continue using my arcane setup :)

Dahbomb

Enchanting Rings/Amulets still requires the same gem quality but crafting Legendaries/Sets just requires a basic Marquise.

General

Crusaders now take 15% less damage from all sources
Finally a buff the Crusader actually needed.

Shifty76

Out of curiosity, how do damage bonuses stack? For instance, let's say I have abilities or equips that give 10%, 15%, and 20% bonuses to damage, and I have a base damage of 700. Would it apply each of those to the 700 and then add the total damage bonus to the base 700? Or does it work differently than that?

Posted this link here multiple times, but here goes again: http://bannedofgamers.com/index.php?threads/guide-ros-elemental-skill-damage-explained.1104/

While you're there you may also want to check out the article on area dmg: http://bannedofgamers.com/index.php?threads/guide-2-0-1-area-damage-explained.1144/

Robin64

Really want a level 70 Mirrorball now for Magic Missile + Conflag. Was running this at 60 and loved it, but just haven't had a 70 version drop. :\

Maybe a more clear picture of fetish rape... look at those crit spam on a 600k dps WD.

rhPmkd0.jpg

Dahbomb

Active Skills

Akarat's Champion

Skill Rune - Rally

Fixed an issue where Rally would not reduce the cooldown of Condemn

Another big buff for Crusader.

Steed Charge

Reduced base skill cooldown from 25 to 16 seconds
Reduced base skill duration from 2 to 1.5 seconds
No longer breaks Stun
That's a big nerf.

Ketch

Still looks like the base shield bash damage will be low.... Or the wrath cost is just too high. I think it's probably common to run punish and shield bash together... But going from %270 weapon damage with punish to 370% damage for 30 wrath with shield bash doesn't seem like a good trade off. I haven't tried it yet.

The passive 15% damage reduction across the board is the best part about the changes I think.

Kacho

What a GLORIOUS day.

Philosophy

Many of the Crusader's Wrath spenders are below where we would like, while Heaven's Fury - Fires of Heaven was over-performing. We are toning back Fires of Heaven while increasing the potency of most of the other Crusader spenders to encourage greater build exploration.
The single-target Wrath generator spells, Punish and Justice, don't feel meaty compared to generators that can hit more than one target at a time. As a result, we are increasing the potency of Punish and Justice to be more competitive.
We are making a few adjustments to improve Steed Charge. The cooldown and duration of the skill have both been reduced. Overall, this makes the total uptime for the skill slightly higher and, more importantly, you'll be able to hit the button more often. We're removing the ability for Steed Charge to break stuns, which allows us to focus on Steed Charge being primarily a mobility skill that can still get you out of root effects, such as Jailer. We still want Steed Charge to be useful in combat, so we're also increasing the damage on damage-focused runes.

General

Crusaders now take 15% less damage from all sources

Can't wait to get home and feel it all out. :)

Dahbomb

Arcane Orb

Frozen Orb

Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Frozen Orb was chilling for longer than intended
Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the Frozen Orb bonus damage radius was hitting a larger area than intended

So what was that about Frozen Orb working as intended?

The drop rate of unique Legendary crafting materials has been significantly increased

This matches the drop rate of Death's Breaths
Finally.

Yeah I think pets just get bonuses from your crit/critd/ias? stats now. I never used to see my three wolves crit, now they do it all the time and for massive numbers. They're tearing shit up o.o

ferr

So I guess getting crafting mats won't be a pain in the ass now. Just need to waste souls on it.

Malthael is now much more afraid, and will more consistently drop the Reaper's Fear Legendary crafting material

yussss

Ohnonono

Happy with the Crusader changes so far. 15% reduction is huge. Also I think Shield bash and the fists of heaven will now be a very viable option. The latter particularly if you are Holy. Also seeking hammers doing 300% weapon damage that you can just fucking spam as holy damage is really consistent damage on boss fights.

Damage from ghosts with the Soul Siphon ability has been reduced

fucking yes.

Bizazedo

Maybe a more clear picture of fetish rape... look at those crit spam on a 600k dps WD.

My paper dps for my WD is at 907k. Shoots to over 1 million easily when I sacrifice / re-summon my doges.

Can't wait to see all my pets when I get home.

And yet, still more excited for the commas!

Poison Enchanted
Duration of each Poison Enchanted globule reduced from 8 to 6 seconds.
Maximum number of Poison Enchanted globules has been reduced from 4 to 3 per cast
Poison Enchanted is now triggered with more variation in timing from Champion packs

THANK FUCK. Shit is so annoying when you have to run across the entire screen to avoid the poison on the ground

Begaria

Monk

Philosophy
Monks are working as intended and Dashing Strike is perfectly balanced. (In the patch notes, this has a "strikethrough" effect)
There are no Monk changes at this time. Monks are currently in a fairly comfortable place, but as with all aspects of the game, we will continue to monitor them and make changes as needed.

Based Blizzard's humor.

Atlantis

Definitely feeling the squeeze to switch my WD over to a Fetish build. Not a huge fan of it but it just seems way more effective than everything else, especially with this buff.

Ohnonono

Sorry, missed this.

Ummm, I stack a bunch of all resistance, slap on my shield, and run up and bash things in the face. Admittedly, I only play up to T2 right now. Punish buffs my block rate up to the 65% range. I can swap out for my Coven if I want more durability.

Basically, I don't play the class as ranged. The idea of a ranged crusader strikes me as strange. If you are playing ranged, you'd be better off with a wizard, witch doctor, or demon hunter.

Smite, in particular, is a really boring, ineffective skill. It's only good in a situation where you are wanting to stay away from crap on the ground, need very bad wrath regeneration, and don't care about it's pitiful damage. Punish (Roar) causes non-stop fire damage to everything grouped up around me.

Is smite only give me wrath on the first monster hit?

bcl0328

soo, frozen orb is still pretty good right? they just nerfed the chill effect and bonus damage radius. not a big deal if you use blackhole with the cold rune (forget name). it adds like 3% cold damage per enemy hit.

Was running with Punish/Roar and Blessed Shield/Combust on my crusader pre-patch, both skills got pretty big buffs so I'm pretty happy with these changes. I've got the +bounce shield and its just wrecking stuff in T1 rifts. Might have to move on to T2 at this rate.

ferr

fucking yes.

i knew that crap had to be bugged, ridiculous damage.

Izcarielo

Banned
Hey guys im having some problems with the mytic: how can i know beforehand if the new roll is gonna improve my dps or not?
e.g. i had 735 dex on my xbow and the new roll was 6% IAS. I thought that maybe that was gonna give me some dps but in fact I lost almost 10k :/
Is there any way to know if the change is going to be worth it?

Deadly

soo, frozen orb is still pretty good right? they just nerfed the chill effect and bonus damage radius. not a big deal if you use blackhole with the cold rune (forget name). it adds like 3% cold damage per enemy hit.
I just played and I didn't see a difference. Honestly, the prodigy fix is what makes it 'worst'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom