• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynar

Now to start working on a Fissure build. I just need to find a Darklight (drop fissures for more fissures, man that + charged up is going to be fun)

Damn that sucks, I lucked out on mine having good rolls on mine (could be higher rolls, but all the stats I want are there).

By the way this shouldn't happen. Guessing smart loot isn't so smart.

It can still happen, it's just a very small chance now. RNG going to RNG.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
You got a source on that? Seems completely ridiculous.

Never really questioned it myself. I don't think they ever said you would get ONLY loot that was appropriate for your class--just that you now have a much better chance than pre-2.0.

Considering a lot (most?) players have multiple characters, I don't really see it as a huge negative.

Ohnonono

Even if you are stacking holy damage will the new Fissure rune out perform the Buffed holy rune for FoH? that fucking 400% number seems so high.

scy

Even if you are stacking holy damage will the new Fissure rune out perform the Buffed holy rune for FoH? that fucking 400% number seems so high.

It's over 5 seconds so keep that in mind.

I'm going to try the Holy one later but Fissure testing is first for the day.

Shouta

Hrm, digging the Crusader adjustments. WD is looking hella fun now too.

I'll have to stop using Blessed Shield until it's fixed though, haha. I'll just rely o my Thunderfury and Nephalem Glory Orb procs for AOE damage, I guess.

Hey guys im having some problems with the mytic: how can i know beforehand if the new roll is gonna improve my dps or not?
e.g. i had 735 dex on my xbow and the new roll was 6% IAS. I thought that maybe that was gonna give me some dps but in fact I lost almost 10k :/
Is there any way to know if the change is going to be worth it?

There isn't a way, as far as I know.

Kacho

Wow. I see what the intention is but damn is that ridiculous. Kind of defeats the purpose, no?

I don't understand. The purpose of the system is to give you the appropriate stats on the majority of the gear you find, which it does. There is also the chance that you will find something that is useful for another class. This is how it should be.

dengatron

demon hunter pets crit with the masters crit hit damage now instead of only 50%. same goes for weapon proc minions apparently. maximus is about to start ripping shit to pieces even harder?

arimanius

I just messed around with fissure for a bit. I have 391K damage and in T1 it's one shotting things. Seems like it might be a fun in big packs.

Ohnonono

It's over 5 seconds so keep that in mind.

I'm going to try the Holy one later but Fissure testing is first for the day.

Lemme know what you think. I have decent +holy % and would like to spam seeking hammers for my wrath gain and use FoH to spend, but I want to make sure I use the correct rune.

scy

demon hunter pets crit with the masters crit hit damage now instead of only 50%. same goes for weapon proc minions apparently. maximus is about to start ripping shit to pieces even harder?

so glad I got a new Maximus last night for my eventual Fire build

Too bad it has 2.4k DPS.

Lemme know what you think. I have decent +holy % and would like to spam seeking hammers for my wrath gain and use FoH to spend, but I want to make sure I use the correct rune.

If you're on NA, can just join up for runs now. Just doing some bounties and Malthael kills for a bit. scy#1745

I was so happy I got my first TG's Vigor.

I was so happy.

Until I realized I was a Crusader.

ugG.png

That would be so perfect on my DH. I have a bracer that has a 17% chance to stun whenever I deal lightning damage. I use lightning Entangling Shot plus lightning traps. Sometimes I stun something for well over half the time. Goes really well using Vengeance with the stun rune.

Btw how do elemental damage from weapons work? Some skills/runes change the element to something else. Does it apply to the entire damage?

Insaniac

I don't understand. The purpose of the system is to give you the appropriate stats on the majority of the gear you find, which it does. There is also the chance that you will find something that is useful for another class. This is how it should be.

or a follower.

dengatron

so glad I got a new Maximus last night for my eventual Fire build

Too bad it has 2.4k DPS.

my 2.5k dps maximus has been worth it since it dropped, and i was using a 2.9k dps blackguard. his damage was absurd, but it might be ridiculous. i'm going to test him in a rift after i finish this rift on my DH.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
BTW crusader friends, it looks like blazing sweep is fixed. I'm at work but my buddy tested it for me and said the DoT was ticking for ~500k instead if the like 3k it was doing before today.

That would be so stupid to make it so you only found items for the class you are using.

Wasn't that the main complaint pre-loot 2.0 patch? That all you seem to find were items that you couldn't use on the character you found them on? Now that they fixed that, people want to find INT rolls on their item as a Monk? What am I missing here

Why do you think this?

Do you only ever play one class and completely solo or something?

Right now I'm only playing my WD.

I'm just trying to understand why people are upset. Now that I think about it the way it works currently is how it should work.

Also, LOL at this:

Attention Crusaders,

There is currently a very unpleasant bug with Blessed Shield - Shattering Throw where the shield can rebound on the Crusader casting it, potentially resulting in death.

Hardcore players should avoid using this skill until a hotfix can be implemented.

We are currently working on a hotfix and will update the 2.0.4 Patch Hotfix thread with more information as soon as it becomes available. We thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue as quickly as possible!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471016979

lexi

Banned
Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue where game objects were prioritized over chat links in the chat window
Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to click on chat links at the bottom of the chat window

THANK FUCK. Jesus this shit was driving me crazy.

Electrocute Surge of power and frozen orb were a godly OP combo, I'm actually glad it's been evened out a bit, will allow for even more build diversity.

VandalD

tyrael talking about how he ate until he couldn't take another bite is RoS' version of took an arrow to the knee
Now you know why demons fear Tyrael, nephalem.

Jumped in for a few minutes. Fist of the Heavens and Punish feel much stronger on the Crusader. Haven't tried Blessed Shield spam yet, though I'd expect with the fire rune explosion being so much stronger, it's damn good too. Crusader got great changes, but I think the clear winner here is WD. Haunt is really good now. Can actually apply it to a group of enemies without going OOM using a rune other than mana return. Fetish CD reduction knife plus pet damage helm makes Fetish Army extremely good. They're critting for about 7.5m for me. It's practically free damage while I'm DoTing things up and then filling with Vampire Bats. Didn't notice dogs doing significantly more damage, but I only tried fire rune dogs.

I'm eager to jump back in when I don't have work deadlines, and I was just starting to feel burn out with the game last night. So much more looks viable now, and crafting isn't so expensive to be useless. Nice patch.

macewank

You got a source on that? Seems completely ridiculous.

2.0.1 Patch Notes

Relevant item:

The Smart Drop system has been implemented
All items that drop have a chance to roll as "Smart Loot"
Smart Loot items roll intelligently based on the character being played (example: A Wizard is more likely to find items with Intelligence or bonuses to Wizard skills than a Barbarian)
Class specific items will no longer roll stats inappropriate to their class (example: Intelligence will no longer appear on Mighty Weapons or Belts)

ParityBit

Wasn't that the main complaint pre-loot 2.0 patch? That all you seem to find were items that you couldn't use on the character you found them on? Now that they fixed that, people want to find INT rolls on their item as a Monk? What am I missing here

I do agree that it should be tilted towards finding items usable by your current class, but it would really suck to only find items for that class. Would become boring too.

gruenel

There's a middle ground between 0.01% and 100% of all items being useful for your class.

I'd hate if I couldn't find any items for my alts, but that doesn't mean I don't want a better chance of finding items useful for my current character compared to pre-2.0.

Wallach

The bug where Blessed Shield is bouncing back and hitting Crusaders in the teeth is pretty silly. Sit down kid, you ain't Captain America.

dengatron

Maximus got a tiny buff but no where what I expected after seeing how much extra damage dh companions do now. average tick went from 4 mil crit to around 4.8mil. sometimes i see 20 mil though, and i dont understand why.

Ashodin

Maximus got a tiny buff but no where what I expected after seeing how much extra damage dh companions do now. average tick went from 4 mil crit to around 4.8mil. sometimes i see 20 mil though, and i dont understand why.
Cloak of the Garwulf users be happy as fuck

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What !! Anything replace it? My 100 crit chance on an amulet will be reality in due time !!!

Crafting, not mystic rerolling.

Fire spec is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya dog. All I need is a cindercoat and I'm fixing to be a beast with my blazing sweeps generating more wrath than they cost when hitting 4+ targets.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

It honestly seems like outside of some fixes, they really are trying to bring classes up to wizard's level instead of them down.

Coincidentally the only class that didnt get touched was monks, who are probably in the best place/most balanced after wiz.

Sanctuary

Electrocute

Skill Rune - Surge of Power
Reduced proc scalar from 0.25 to 0.166

Horse shit. That's not the only thing they changed about elecrocute. They changed the crit rate of the base skill too. My APoC was completely demolished, and it's taking slightly over twice as long to get Arcane Power back now too. With Forked and Chain Lightning.

Ashodin

Horse shit. That's not the only thing they changed about elecrocute. They changed the crit rate of the base skill too. My APoC was completely demolished, and it's taking slightly over twice as long to get Arcane Power back now too. With Forked and Chain Lightning.
Get rekt. All the wizards I know used that shit. Time to actually play the class ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom