• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanctuary

Agree. I was talking about this with Ke0 and Ash the other day. Most of the craft non-set legs are just glorified yellows.

Exactly. Every single time a plan dropped, for maybe the first five or so I was kind of excited. But after none of them had any kind of orange effect, I was like "WTF is this shit? They are just rares". Prohibitively expensive rares that really were not worth the effort (mostly due to the ridiculously low drop rate on the legendary crafting item).

I also didn't realize until a bit later, but some of the plans are of legendaries that actually drop in the wild. I don't know if they all do, but I know that a few of them do. Most just seem like the "junk" legendaries that most would salvage rather than use...ever.

BTW, Blizzard sure upped the drop rate on legendaries. They upped the drop rate on the amount of trash that is useles. 85% drop rate for two-handed weapons on a Wizard? Thanks.

scy

I had to start selling fragments cause split farming made me have too much =/

I figured I'd never run out.

Then I went through 300+ in a day.

I find people are simply doing other shit sometimes. Visiting Kadala and going back and forth to salv the junk, deciding whether to re-roll something (or trying to actively), looking in the inventory at what to salv to make room, talking in chat, making gems. There's a lot of shit that can be done and it's no surprise that people do it during that down time. It's not like you have time when the Rift is open.

Sure. But then you have the times where a rift is opened and people just immediately run in. Like, cases where it's obvious that people are just waiting for a rift to be opened. Generally speaking, if we're in Mumble, I know why we're idling around or I'm probably idling too (or alt-tabbed because I always alt-tab). Those don't really bother me too much / I can usually just say something to figure out what's up.

I mean, it's really just a small issue in the grand scheme of things.

I craft my legendaries for looks and for looks only. Good rolls are just potential bonus.

Despite the abysmal drop rates for mats, I actually like the general idea. Hunting for mats is a nice goal to have and a great distraction from endless rifts/bounty runs.

traveler

Not Wario
If those crusader buffs are true and go live today nothing really changes with them, sure they get a little more damage but they need cool down reduction on skills across the board and more mobility.

Steed charge cd change will go some ways towards helping mobility. I also don't think the cd skills need to have their cds adjusted (except maybe with some offvalue skills like falling sword- though you could also just buff the animation and damage on it and leave it where it's at)

The real issue was that cds were the only reliable way of doing decent damage at entry level gear. Buffing the spenders and generators will go a long way towards making the class feel less like just waiting on cds to be relevant.

Assuming the patch notes datamined are all that are coming, we'll still need some touchups on wrath generation and heavenly strength just needs to be looked at all around. The ms penalty is rough for group play right now, makes the class feel like a suboptimal choice for any level of gear farming, and the 2hander in 1 slot makes all our nice 1 handed legendaries feel useless. It feels weird to say the passive is both overpowered and underpowered, but that's where I'm at right now. The whole concept needs an overhaul imo.

I kinda, sorta, usually, almost, always alt tab when a rift finishes. If not, I usually wait a few minutes and if no one opens a rift I open and run in and start killing shit. Because let's face it...I'm a wizard and I don't REALLY need others; but I vastly enjoy playing with others than soloing.

Soloing is wack af.

Flambe

Hey folks. So I've been without an upgrade for my Crusader for at least a week now, barring this chest piece which was more of a sidegrade. I'm only at 267k dmg and almost 5m toughness.

So is the problem my build or just RNG luck? I blow through normal fast enough but again the no upgrade thing. I can do T1 for the better legs but only way I kill tougher mobs is using my soon-to-be-nerfed Heaven's Fury shotgun so that's slow going.

Mildly frustrating seeing people doing Torment no sweat after a short amount of time and I've had my Crusader at 70 for quite some time now (was my second thing after getting Wizard 70 post-launch).

Anyway I guess my main question is am I going to get better gear on normal still or should I grind out T1?

Thanks

Yeah basically this... those people who are in that transition phase need that time to make some optimum decisions about their gear.

Sometimes I need to salvage, sometimes I need to Vendor. Sometimes I need to upgrade gems, sometimes I need to gamble, sometimes I need to re-roll stuff... sometimes I EVEN need to Transmog stuff!

Yessir. Sometimes I actually feel rushed when in a party. Like I'm in the middle of making a tough decision and boom! Rift opened.

"Shit I guess I better delay this decision because I might miss a leg drop! And I better sell this shit quick! I'm behind!"

Dat pressure. It's just that I'm not always in as big a rush as others to get to the next rift. It's to the point now where I sometimes actively open a Rift before I'm ready because if I don't someone else is going to open one before I can and i really, really want to get rid of these Rift tokens. I end up going in later, but I open it fast.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It feels weird to say the passive is both overpowered and underpowered, but that's where I'm at right now. The whole concept needs an overhaul imo.

Yeah, I agree. and It's tricky to think of ways to change/buff HS itself that don't just make it even more mandatory than it already is. They should make 2hander+shield a base crusader mechanic and change HS to increase 1hander damage, maybe.

traveler

Not Wario
Hey folks. So I've been without an upgrade for my Crusader for at least a week now, barring this chest piece which was more of a sidegrade. I'm only at 267k dmg and almost 5m toughness.

So is the problem my build or just RNG luck? I blow through normal fast enough but again the no upgrade thing. I can do T1 for the better legs but only way I kill tougher mobs is using my soon-to-be-nerfed Heaven's Fury shotgun so that's slow going.

Mildly frustrating seeing people doing Torment no sweat after a short amount of time and I've had my Crusader at 70 for quite some time now (was my second thing after getting Wizard 70 post-launch).

Anyway I guess my main question is am I going to get better gear on normal still or should I grind out T1?

Thanks

At a glance- and I'm not sure if armory is bugged or not- it looks like you need rerolls across the board. CC on helm, socket on weapon, and some of those defensive stats on your jewelry and gloves rolled out for offensive stats. (CC and CD mainly) You've also got a 3 affix pair of pants, so keep an eye out for a 4 primary pair that could be rolled into an upgrade. If you are worried about defense, I see 32% ms across your gear. Not only is that above the reg cap of 25%, it's above your hs cap of 10% by a long shot. (And, even if it wasn't, ms is comparatively easier to get via paragon points, so it should be rolled off in almost any case) Roll all that off for sockets on chest (and eventually on pants, when you get a 4 affix pair) which you can gem with damage or mitigation as needed, and vit and ar elsewhere to make up for the defense you're losing off your other rerolls. (Getting 6 sockets- 3 on chest, 2 on pants, and 1 on weap is a pretty decent dps boost for us because of the finery passive) Other than that, rng is rng, so just keep searching.

Edit: Saw dahbomb mention sockets below, so elaborated on that a bit.

Many people have crossed the 200 Forgotten Soul barrier.

I can't even imagine having 200 Forgotten Souls and I have played at least a few hours almost everyday since RoS has come out. I have 5 souls right now, I think? I do have bad luck with the mystic a lot of the time which eats up some of them, but even if I didn't I would maybe have like 20-30 total?

DSmalls84

If those crusader buffs are true and go live today nothing really changes with them, sure they get a little more damage but they need cool down reduction on skills across the board and more mobility.

Steed cooldown reduction goes a long way towards mobility being better.

Dahbomb

Thanks

Your problem is your gear... no item has sockets and your elemental bonuses are off (some slots you have Lightning and some you have Physical... choose one). You also need to re-roll stats on your gear.

I can't even imagine having 200 Forgotten Souls and I have played at least a few hours almost everyday since RoS has come out. I have 5 souls right now, I think? I do have bad luck with the mystic a lot of the time which eats up some of them, but even if I didn't I would maybe have like 20-30 total?
You get a lot of Souls from just grinding Rifts all day. The boss has a near 50% chance to drop a Forgotten Soul. Plus many Legendaries aren't good so they are a free Soul.

When he says "many people" he basically means Crusaders, because no matter what they reroll they're still shit. So many don't bother to reroll anything and thus end up with 200 souls.

I'd probably be around 150 if not for re-rolling and crafting. I generally feel like I have very bad luck with FS drops. I'll get them approximately 30% of the time from Rift warden/boss dudes. Often times (like last night), I did 5 or 6 rifts and got 0 FS in that time. Given the token-limited nature of Rifts keeping it from being perpetually accessible, maybe they should consider bumping up the FS drop on those rift bosses to...idunno...like 100%. Especially if they want us crafting and rolling legs all the time.

scy

Like I said, if we're in Mumble or something, I probably know what's up on what we're doing. This more came up since I had like 20 fragments left today and was like "wtf?" and tried to figure out where the fragments went / had a bunch of runs where I just sat and waited to see how long before someone caved and finally opened a rift.

I'll take the free mobility but I'm not I want them to fix that over other things, really. Falling Sword and Law Actives are the ones that really need to have the cooldown dropped drastically, though, so I hope that's where they focus a bit; I guess Bombardment could get something too. Shield Glare and Condemn are basically always available so that's one of the reasons they fit in basically every build.

What I need most is more damage in a shorter amount of time. I can kill fairly quickly with my current build when I'm at one-shot status for most fights. If stuff survives, however, the time to get the Wrath is fairly long. Basically, my unload DPS is pretty much on par with every other equivalently geared class but getting round 2 back is worse for me than every other class. The fact my generator deals so much damage (~7-8M at the moment counting my weapon proc) doesn't really matter if I'm doing that twice as long as someone else before they're back to full.

That's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to trying Fist of the Heavens / Lightning build in general. It generates a lot of Wrath (due to going 1H for this) and it makes up the lower big number hits with just having a ton of proc effects everywhere. And, well, new FotH Fissure seems really good on paper.

When he says "many people" he basically means Crusaders, because no matter what they reroll they're still shit. So many don't bother to reroll anything and thus end up with 200 souls.

right in the feels man

Dahbomb

Nah many Wizards have over 200 Souls too.

Of course these are people who are in the 300-400 Paragon range who have played a lot already. Us 200 Paragon folks still have to deal with poverty issues.

It's tricky for them to fix crusader because they baked all those fixes into their unique legendaries. Dumb imo to make a class slow and boring and at the mercy of RNG of specific legendaries to make it just feel okay.

I generally feel like I have very bad luck with FS drops. I'll get them approximately 30% of the time from Rift warden/boss dudes. Often times (like last night), I did 5 or 6 rifts and got 0 FS in that time. Given the token-limited nature of Rifts keeping it from being perpetually accessible, maybe they should consider bumping up the FS drop on those rift bosses to...idunno...like 100%. Especially if they want us crafting and rolling legs all the time.

I feel the same way, that would be a great change!

scy

It's tricky for them to fix crusader because they baked all those fixes into their unique legendaries. Dumb imo to make a class slow and boring and at the mercy of RNG of specific legendaries to make it just feel right.

Give me Fate of the Fell and I'm like 90% sure I'm doing T4+ solo without a care in the world.

Temidien

Neo Member
Alright guys, hoping someone is patient enough to help with some noob questions:

As I'm working my way through the campaign to unlock Adventure, should I be focusing on selling or salvaging loot? Seems the benefits of salvaging mats from Rares/Legendaries are obvious, but I've already got 300+ Exquisite Essence, ~50 Iridescent Tears and I predict these will be less useful later in the game.

Once I finish the campaign and begin working my way towards hitting the level cap and gearing my Crusader in Adventure, what should my goals be? Like anyone, I'll eventually want to start farming runs for the best gear, but how do you go about this? The wiki's I've looked through don't offer much guidance and most threads on the game are mostly concerned with end-game/experienced discussion.

Flambe

At a glance- and I'm not sure if armory is bugged or not- it looks like you need rerolls across the board. CC on helm, socket on weapon, and some of those defensive stats on your jewelry and gloves rolled out for offensive stats. (CC and CD mainly) You've also got a 3 affix pair of pants, so keep an eye out for a 4 primary pair that could be rolled into an upgrade. If you are worried about defense, I see 32% ms across your gear. Not only is that above the reg cap of 25%, it's above your hs cap of 10% by a long shot. (And, even if it wasn't, ms is comparatively easier to get via paragon points, so it should be rolled off in almost any case) Roll all that off for vit and ar to make up for the defense you're losing off your other rerolls. Other than that, rng is rng, so just keep searching.

Alright good specific info thank you muchly, yeah I wasn't sure about the ms so that'll be painless to roll out of.

Dahbomb said:
Your problem is your gear... no item has sockets and your elemental bonuses are off (some slots you have Lightning and some you have Physical... choose one). You also need to re-roll stats on your gear.

Thanks as well, yeah for the elemental bonuses those are basically just there because I haven't gotten anything better or comparable statwise so nothing else to put in either slot to synergize. v0v

SupaNaab

Thanks

FYI You have 32% movement speed but Heavenly Strength caps you at 10%. I would avoid getting movement speed on anything and just use paragon points. Your legendary chest OR boots alone put you above the cap already. I guess a general rule of thumb is that Primary Stat > Vitality > Crit Chance 1:10 Crit dmg > All Res > *.

Alright guys, hoping someone is patient enough to help with some noob questions:

As I'm working my way through the campaign to unlock Adventure, should I be focusing on selling or salvaging loot? Seems the benefits of salvaging mats from Rares/Legendaries are obvious, but I've already got 300+ Exquisite Essence, ~50 Iridescent Tears and I predict these will be less useful later in the game.

Once I finish the campaign and begin working my way towards hitting the level cap and gearing my Crusader in Adventure, what should my goals be? Like anyone, I'll eventually want to start farming runs for the best gear, but how do you go about this? The wiki's I've looked through don't offer much guidance and most threads on the game are mostly concerned with end-game/experienced discussion.

I would definitely recommend salvaging most or all of the loot you find until you have a good amount of mats (even items at level 60 or below, unless you never plan on making another character). For goals I would say to just play, level up and have fun. You'll get better loot by playing. Don't worry about playing the hardest mode you can handle, you want to kill stuff somewhat quickly at least. Normal to Master all drops the same gear, its just that the higher difficulties drop more loot. Torment does drop loot you can't get in the other difficulties, but again I wouldn't worry if you can't handle it right away.

Ohnonono

It certainly changes my lazer build. Going to have to adjust for sure. It may be worse, it may be better but it will change.

Robin64

Seems the new Paragon portraits have snuck in today.

1f05ke1.png

In groups how are you dealing with having to get in melee range to use your Punish? I love the Idea of punish/shield bash, but Smite/of Slash and Fists seems way more reliable if you are not able to get right up next to the boss or whatever because of ground effects.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fizlah-1379/hero/43879354 here is my dude BTW. (obv dont wanna lose my holy stuff to re-roll lightning if I don't have to!

Sorry, missed this.

Ummm, I stack a bunch of all resistance, slap on my shield, and run up and bash things in the face. Admittedly, I only play up to T2 right now. Punish buffs my block rate up to the 65% range. I can swap out for my Coven if I want more durability.

Basically, I don't play the class as ranged. The idea of a ranged crusader strikes me as strange. If you are playing ranged, you'd be better off with a wizard, witch doctor, or demon hunter.

Smite, in particular, is a really boring, ineffective skill. It's only good in a situation where you are wanting to stay away from crap on the ground, need very bad wrath regeneration, and don't care about it's pitiful damage. Punish (Roar) causes non-stop fire damage to everything grouped up around me.

Mumei

Out of curiosity, how do damage bonuses stack? For instance, let's say I have abilities or equips that give 10%, 15%, and 20% bonuses to damage, and I have a base damage of 700. Would it apply each of those to the 700 and then add the total damage bonus to the base 700? Or does it work differently than that?

crazyprac

I love diablo but sometimes its so frustrating. I got my first class set piece the day I turned 70 (launch day). Haven't dropped a second one since.

MrDaravon

Some changes according to Reddit, I wasn't aware of a few of these happening:

-Gloves of worships are fixed to last the intended 10 minutes on the fleeting and empowered shrine
-New paragon portraits
-Manglemaw drops (almost?) no loot
-Commas in monster health numbers
-Teleport-wormhole now teleports 3 times maximum , but the yards are increased from 35 to 50
-Channeling time on opening a rift
-New kadala mystery gear icons
-Gem requirement for Legendary / Set gear has been changed to require Marquise rather then Royal Flawless.
-Crazy Climbers, the act 3 quest in Rakkis Crossing, now requires you to kill the monsters in the tower rather than just running to the top and talking to the guy. No longer viable for power leveling.
-Act 1 Blacksmith box has been moved and also doesn't block you anymore.
-Quests you haven't completed are a different color in campaign mode.
-Life per Spirit Spent is less weighted on your sheet healing it seems ( this is most likely just a tooltip thing and not an actual nerf )

Oh shit, did we know about this?

General
Crusaders now take 15% less damage from all sources

Witch Doctors!

Fetish pets were buffed. They seem to take into consideration Crit Dmg now!

LDS0N5u.jpg

Mine are hitting up to 9 million... previously they crit for 1.5m.

-Teleport-wormhole now teleports 3 times maximum , but the yards are increased from 35 to 50

FUCK YOU BLIZZ. Thanks for nerfing the only leg source I have.

-Channeling time on opening a rift

good.

-Manglemaw drops (almost?) no loot

RIP, 1.09

-Gem requirement for Legendary / Set gear has been changed to require Marquise rather then Royal Flawless.

Good. Should do the same for re-rolling amulets and rings, though.

-Quests you haven't completed are a different color in campaign mode.

Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom