• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

The other day i was rifting on T1 with 2 wiz and 1 wd and they just melted everything. Elites dead in 5 seconds.
I was doing nothing, NOTHING, just walking around trying to hit something. Very frustrating and needless to say i was playing on a crusader.

Yeah, it really breaks the grouping dynamic which is unfortunate. When a couple or one player is doing a majority of the damage the other classes feel useless and will burn out.

Atlantis

kHXp4mU.jpg

Gargantuan dmg. :>

rofl, holy crap.

Guess I better change my build. :(

The Cowboy

WD pets did need a damage buff but man alive is this buff/bug to much, the pets are god like with this update :D. Hopefully they don't do a full reverse and just tweak it down a bit so it isn't as good as it is now, but is better than it was before the patch.

rofl, holy crap.

Guess I better change my build. :(

I was thinking the same, but like he just said, there is a 90s cooldown and he only lasts for 15 seconds. I swapped him out because I felt like he wasn't making that much a difference, especially when there are large mobs of enemies. I noticed that sometimes he would just stand there, like you had to be close enough for him to attack something, which seems stupid.

Omnicent

Has anyone tried Divine Well for FoTH?
It also got a pretty big buff and everyone is so focused on Fissure (will be testing it vs Fissure, but I will probably go with 2 builds, a Holy FoTH and Lighting FoTH build, cause both sound fun to use).

Effer

I didn't even buy the expansion and they nerfed my wizard. Certainly not buying in now. (Yes, yes, I know "adjustments" were "necessary.")

no shrine, unbuffed.

It's wrathful protector. 60s cooldown, 15s duration gargantuan. Basically can keep it up most of the time with grave injustice.

What other gear are you wearing? I've never seen crits that high from any of my own non pet skills, nevermind my pets. Haven't tried wrathful protector this morning though, just dogs auto summoned from homunculus and fetishes from sycophants.

I'm not pet focused, but the biggest I saw was about a 2m fetish crit post piranhas and gruesome feast buff.

th3dude

2h shieldless just got better!!!!!!

I'm not home right now, but later I'll change things around and try new specs out!

Is there a valid reason to use 2h without a shield? Is another passive really worth the loss of all those stats on a good shield? I've been operating under the assumption that 2h + shield was pretty much necessary.

kencey

I don't play WD and don't understand much of them but, did they really need a buff?
Weren't them already top single target dps? I remember the other day on rift T1 a WD just melted the rift guardian. And now with this buff to pets ? WTF

Wow, so I am not the only one who's Wraithful Protector now do insane damage? This is ridiculous, I have 300k DPS and he crits for 47 million, I bet this is going to get hotfixed pretty soon.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I didn't even buy the expansion and they nerfed my wizard. Certainly not buying in now. (Yes, yes, I know "adjustments" were "necessary.")

y u so bad

Thrakier

So, dudes, I have a question. You are now investing tons of hours to get better gear to then...do what? And you probably know that, if a new expansion is coming, you will get better gear within the first hour and all the work done is suffice.

I'm not trolling here. I'm just trying playing that game for myself. And I'm having a hard time. It seems so pointless...

Ashodin

Is there a valid reason to use 2h without a shield? Is another passive really worth the loss of all those stats on a good shield? I've been operating under the assumption that 2h + shield was pretty much necessary.
I argue mobility but that's just my personal tastes. There are stats lost, yes. Mobility is an intangible benefit.

Takuan

So, dudes, I have a question. You are now investing tons of hours to get better gear to then...do what? And you probably know that, if a new expansion is coming, you will get better gear within the first hour and all the work done is suffice.

I'm not trolling here. I'm just trying playing that game for myself. And I'm having a hard time. It seems so pointless...

You're not wrong, but there's an addictive quality to it that is undeniable as it is irrational. Loot genre probably isn't for you and that's that.

Laieon

I don't play WD and don't understand much of them but, did they really need a buff?
Weren't them already top single target dps? I remember the other day on rift T1 a WD just melted the rift guardian. And now with this buff to pets ? WTF

I'm not really a theory crafter or a min/maxer, but I didn't feel like I was having much trouble at all on my Witch Doctor before the patch. If anything, I was expecting a slight nerf.

Dahbomb

Played the patch for 3 hours, my impressions.

*Legendary craft mats drop fairly frequently now. I was doing random Bounties and got like 5 mats.

*Split Bounty farming is still in tact and so is I am assuming split chest farming. Those two are probably the most effecient way to acquire gear although for me split farming didn't yield any more drops than doing T2 Rifts in the same span of time (4 Legendaries for 3 hours of split farming). I personally would still just play Rifts primarily.

*Wizards nerfs were what I expected.. fixing of moves that were clearly bugged. At least this ends the debate of whether FO was working as intended.. it clearly wasn't.

*Witch Doctors and DH went up by a ton. Don't know what they did to pets but they hit hard now. Even my Monk Fire ally is doing like 1.5 million damage without any Mystic ally damage on my gear! Wizards have competition now.

*The channeling on the Rift Obelisk is a GREAT change. I accidentally clicked on that so many times while picking up Cache drops.

*Crafting requires Marquise gem, wish they would've put that change on Ring/Amulet Enchanting too. I think they will do it and thus I will save up my gems until they do.

Solid patch overall. I want to see unsocketing prices reduced, some more elemental variety on class skills/runes, crafted Legendaries buffed, some Rift densities increased and the gem price for enchanting rings changed.

Welcome to ARPG. I don't think you're trolling btw. I just think this question is like going into a forza thread and asking people why they keep driving in circles.

Atlantis

I was thinking the same, but like he just said, there is a 90s cooldown and he only lasts for 15 seconds. I swapped him out because I felt like he wasn't making that much a difference, especially when there are large mobs of enemies. I noticed that sometimes he would just stand there, like you had to be close enough for him to attack something, which seems stupid.

The cooldown isn't really an issue with Grave Injustice. He'll always be up to destroy the enemies that matter.

With Wrathful Protector, I've found he likes to stand around until I move my character.

The Cowboy

I think the Haunt buff was to much as i find it to powerful for so little mana, they did need a buff upwards with regards pets IMO though - but this change to pets has to be a bug/wrong number tweak as its way way to much.

Its a perpetual process. Pretty much boils down to this.

Crap gear > ok gear > good gear > great gear > holy shit gear > god tier gear.

Most people end up with a mix of great gear and holy shit gear. The fanatics use that to find the god tier gear (well rolled set items and specific legs/weapons). I have yet to find a piece of god tier yet since RoS, though with my spec, my belt is probably BiS wont wont likely be replaced. My chest would be there if was lvl 70 instead of 60.

garath

*Legendary craft mats drop fairly frequently now. I was doing random Bounties and got like 5 mats.

*Split Bounty farming is still in tact and so is I am assuming split chest farming. Those two are probably the most effecient way to acquire gear although for me split farming didn't yield any more drops than doing T2 Rifts in the same span of time (4 Legendaries for 3 hours of split farming). I personally would still just play Rifts primarily.

*Wizards nerfs were what I expected.. fixing of moves that were clearly bugged. At least this ends the debate of whether FO was working as intended.. it clearly wasn't.

*Witch Doctors and DH went up by a ton. Don't know what they did to pets but they hit hard now. Even my Monk Fire ally is doing like 1.5 million damage without any Mystic ally damage on my gear! Wizards have competition now.

*The channeling on the Rift Obelisk is a GREAT change. I accidentally clicked on that so many times while picking up Cache drops.

*Crafting requires Marquise gem, wish they would've put that change on Ring/Amulet Enchanting too. I think they will do it and thus I will save up my gems until they do.

Solid patch overall. I want to see unsocketing prices reduced, some more elemental variety on class skills/runes, crafted Legendaries buffed, some Rift densities increased and the gem price for enchanting rings changed.

The DH buffs didn't look too significant, unless you're specifically talking about pets. I was just thinking about retiring my wolf companion but if they were buffed significantly I'll keep him around.

Ragnaroz

Then don't play it.

What other gear are you wearing? I've never seen crits that high from any of my own non pet skills, nevermind my pets. Haven't tried wrathful protector this morning though, just dogs auto summoned from homunculus and fetishes from sycophants.

I'm not pet focused, but the biggest I saw was about a 2m fetish crit post piranhas and gruesome feast buff.

It's pretty bad gear moved over from alt gear. Nothing special other than Mask of Jeram +86% pet dmg and cindercoat/bracers with +fire dmg.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Anyone got a Diabolic Wand to trade? I got a Tecpatl and some other white weapon I can trade.

lol 165m Gargantuan (Wrathful Protector) crit

There is this thing called having fun, its pretty cool. If you aren't enjoying the game then don't bother playing, simple as that.

datamage

It's the nature of these games. Kill, get loot, kill some more, get better loot, rinse and repeat till you become a god.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

So monk's indirectly gained a buff!

I will have to add in the fire mystic ally to my build. The 10% dmg boost aura, plus the fire damage, plus I bet when the guy splits into little guys you get the max buff from Unity as well.

Oh boy!

I do so hope I get to play my Witch Doctor a bit before these changes are (I'm assuming) tweaked. <3

I'm assuming that Blizz is trying to bring all classes up
to the monk's level
instead of a using a liberal application of the nerf hammer this time, so these changes probably will stay.

Dahbomb

Worth running in place of sweeping wind? I have 70+ to fire currently.
I run it instead of Sweeping Wind. Not sure if its worth running over SW but the +10% damage is nice and the active adds decent nuke damage. Most of my damage comes from LTK anyway so I maximize stuff that gets the most LTK damage (I can crit for 15 million).

And yea the DH buffs I was talking about are the companions. 3 Wolves each critting for 2 million is no joke.

WD on the other hand is probably not working as intended. Can't wait to see a 100% increase in WD tomorrow.

Thrakier

There is this thing called having fun, its pretty cool. If you aren't enjoying the game then don't bother playing, simple as that.

I do enjoy the game for it's mechanics, I kinda like it. But it feels like running around in a perfectly thight 3D world like Jak and Daxter 1 - and then have nothing to do which makes sense.

But I really don't want to provoke. It just feels so weird. Loot-genre certainly is for me, I loved D1, D2, Demon's Souls, Sacred 1+2...wasted hours with these.

I have asked my self this question a thousand times, and yet I can't stop playing.

It's so stupid, but feels so good.

astonish

Holy shit, I'm gonna save so much face. The number of times I said, "Night guys I'm out," only to click it trying to get to some vendor/salvage. "Oh maybe one more..."

Especially in act one. It's overlaps the damn vendor!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I guess whether it is nerfed or not depends on the frequency of those crits.

Do they happen constantly, or is that a once in a while cooldown thing?

Holy shit, I'm gonna save so much face. The number of times I said, "Night guys I'm out," only to click it trying to get to some vendor/salvage. "Oh maybe one more..."

Especially in act one. It's overlaps the damn vendor!

That was their devious intent....

Shouta

Worth running in place of sweeping wind? I have 70+ to fire currently.

I'm pretty sure Mystic Ally - Fire beat out Sweeping wind prior to this patch because of Unity and the damage bonus MA itself. At least it did for me. It's a whopping 20% more damage. Even a 10% + 10% is significant. It also gives a mini SSS. If the patch helped pets and MA is doing 1.5 mil now, then it's definitely better than SW overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom