• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupaNaab

Hi Justin,

thanks for letting us know - right now we do not have a plan of action to invoke immediately, but I can confirm that our developers are very aware of the issue. In fact, they just tweeted - https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/453620623973957633

So we do have a hotfix in the works but we are not fully sure what we may be doing on the individual basis. Please do stay tune for tweet and forum updates on this so that once we get the fix in, we may have more information to provide those players that lost a Hardcore character.

I guess I wait.

Also, in the upcoming hotfix notes: "Blessed Shield - Shattering Throw // Should no longer cause players to deal Area Damage to themselves and allies.*"

Takuan

You'll take your buffs and you'll like them!

Alternately, you'll stand by and watch as my Thorned Avenger of Death melts elites before you can hit them.

I want to see this in action later. It must be hilarious for a good bit to just stand there eating hits and watching enemies croak.

It'll probably get boring soon after, though.

Think it may be time to abuse the current thorns situation to get that tedious "Kill 10,000 enemies with thorns" crusader achievement before it gets hotfixed along with pet damage...

Baliis

I want to see this in action later. It must be hilarious for a good bit to just stand there eating hits and watching enemies croak.

It'll probably get boring soon after, though.

Thorns is pretty great against certain elites. Some affixes like fire chains can proc it like crazy.

Also, Sanguinary Vambraces suck unless they changed them in the patch. The proc hits for 10x your thorns stat, not your thorns damage. A bit better with the thorns buff, but still nothing compared to your actual thorns damage.

edit: Oh lol, that passive is much higher than I thought it was. Okay yea, that's pretty good rofl.

I'm pretty sure Mystic Ally - Fire beat out Sweeping wind prior to this patch because of Unity and the damage bonus MA itself. At least it did for me. It's a whopping 20% more damage. Even a 10% + 10% is significant. It also gives a mini SSS. If the patch helped pets and MA is doing 1.5 mil now, then it's definitely better than SW overall.

Hmmm I messed around a little a couple days ago, but this makes sense.

ViviOggi

I have a bunch of thorns items, will check that out once the patch hits EU. Might be strong enough to complement a more standard build instead of going full-on thorns.

Mind posting your character and maybe the numbers your critting for? I am very curious about how all the damage from block value is added in.

65xhpBE.jpg

My guy isn't that far along in comparison to most people here...he's doing base 30% block, my base dps is 380,000 (with laws of valor), holy damage is buffed at about 50 percent, the pound rune for bash is doing about 10 million crit dmg whereas it was only doing about 5 before the patch...so pretty much double. Hope this helps a little.

hobart

I don't know when this happened -- but official Diablo profiles are showing items a bit more TRUE than they were previously.

At least rolls are showing up properly now.

garath

I don't know when this happened -- but official Diablo profiles are showing items a bit more TRUE than they were previously.

At least rolls are showing up properly now.

Yeah. Even DPs numbers are getting closer now. My profile shows 600k even when its really 625 in game. Used to be almost 75k off

Dahbomb

My guy isn't that far along in comparison to most people here...he's doing base 30% block, my base dps is 380,000 (with laws of valor), holy damage is buffed at about 50 percent, the pound rune for bash is doing about 10 million crit dmg whereas it was only doing about 5 before the patch...so pretty much double. Hope this helps a little.
"We thought that Crusader's Shield Bash wasn't meaty enough...

SO WE DOUBLED IT!"

Shouta

Hmmm I messed around a little a couple days ago, but this makes sense.

Yeah. i think the biggest problem that might limit SW is A) Low modifier and B) the tick rate for it. Mythic Rhythm helps out with A but I think the tick rate is set for it. I could be wrong though. But that means you might get less damage in the same time as you would boosting up say Fists of Fury with Lashing Tail Kick/Wave of Light which are manual or even affected by Attack Speed.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
276m is the highest crit I've seen with my Gargantuan, couldn't hit print screen in time.

TheYanger

Im so glad I power leveled my characters using the rakkis crossing quest before it got changed.

I got 3 characters to 70 using it, now I'm just finding equipment for them.

There's another quest in A1 I didn't see on the list with 0 potential for combat, surprised that one wasn't hit too. Not quite as fast, but I didn't even watch the screen when I levelled my crusader with it practically.

There's another quest in A1 I didn't see on the list with 0 potential for combat, surprised that one wasn't hit too. Not quite as fast, but I didn't even watch the screen when I levelled my crusader with it practically.

Go on...

I'm sure there will be a few dolts who tell will tell you you're going to gamer hell for using exploits...they weren't loved as kids ignore them and share the info with the rest of us.

Paches

channel

As someone who was maining Disintegrate and not Frozen Orb, this is very, very nice.

I have Light of Grace and have switched up to Dynamo with Ray of Frost now. Loving it so far, getting 20M+ ticks. I should find a spot for Audacity somehow too.

Well I guess Blizzard did buff Crusaders and WD to at least Wizard level...

After actually getting to play my WD now for a bit it's not out of line as I thought in my brief time with the buff. I certainly feel much more powerful no question about it but I only feel about as fast as my brother (Wiz, non-frozen orb) was killing.

Maybe the goal is wizard level.

BigDug13

Is the patch already out? I keep restarting and it says it's still the old patch...

Nevermind, I was restarting the Battlenet and not getting past the login. After logging in, then it told me a patch was available..

Ok WTF. It says there's a patch available and it will kick me out to install the patch, then it kicks me out and nothing happens. Only the battle.net app with the big "play" button. Clicking "play" takes me again to a login screen where it tells me there is a patch available and it will kick me out of the game to automatically install it.

Where can I see the process of it actually installing? Because right now it seems like nothing is happening.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Hot damn, I got close to the perfect Ring of Royal Grandeur just now! http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Noray-2106/hero/38675576

Been farming it for so fucking long too, never again, act 1. Just want the shield from act 2 now and I'm done with bounties. Ignore the shit bracers and pants, gonna craft new bracers until I get good ones and the pants are gonna get rerolled for sockets but I ran out of souls. So happy with that ring though :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom