• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogdud

Kill him over and over. They finally fixed the drops (supposedly). I'm going to be doing that soon myself.

So you can just jump into adventure mode and do it? My crusader leveled through adventure mode and I do NOT want to go through vanilla on him. /shudder

DSmalls84

I'm not sure it's possible to get 3000 damage AND also have a socket but that would be amazing if possible.

Still if I could find a new version of my Flail that was 2700+ damage I would scream like a schoolgirl.

Yeah now that you mention it I think my Blackguard was in the 2700 range with a socket, and all of my others have either had a socket or I rolled one.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
i wonder why they keep buffing drop rates. i don't want to get geared in a week. this is the only end game we have.

if they are handing us legendaries they should add some more to the pool.

They keep buffing drop rates because they're starting to realize it doesn't matter if you get what you want unless it rolled right.

There are very few items that are usually gonna be excellent regardless of how they roll. So what does it matter if you get more legendaries if they're all awful?

Getting good legendary jewelry is a total crapshoot and rerolling can become prohibitively expensive, hell in an earlier post you can read about how I went completely broke trying to reroll a SoJ.

It's not just about being geared, because getting 1mil sheet dps and 10mil toughness only really takes a solid week of effort. It's about getting the gear you want so you can make the build you want to play.

That being said every legendary have have a unique property and it's embarassing that there are so many that are just yellows that can roll higher numbers.

Dahbomb

Use Flesh is Weak rune. There isn't much advice to give on Fist of Az... just use Exploding Palm in groups whenever you have the opportunity to see stuff explode. And get Sockets on your Cain pants.

Damn you got a high 96% roll on that weapon!

Yea, when I saw how high it rolled I was pretty happy. I had already rerolled the secondary on those pants to match my resist before I realized I didnt have a socket it on them.

garath

Why do I feel like they are going to hotfix rifts back to a lower legendary drop rate. I want to jump on this asap. My number of useful legendaries I've gotten since RoS has been in the single digits.

hint:
It's 4

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Getting good legendary jewelry is a total crapshoot and rerolling can become prohibitively expensive, hell in an earlier post you can read about how I went completely broke trying to reroll a SoJ.

So you'd recommend I reroll my good Holy SoJ to fire because I'm a fire spec, yeah?

I don't think sheets DPS is useless. It's just a base point of reference. It needs to be followed up by class, %elemental damage, %skill bonus, %to elites, area damage etc etc.

eek5

Damn got a carnevil last night for WD. Hop on this morning playing monk and get a Jeram lol. I guess Blizz wants me to main WD now ;_;

eek5

I'd recommend Flesh is weak or Essence burn on EP. Also, try to get +fire damage on an amulet (I need it too, haha). Get CHD on gloves and main hand ring. Reroll your shoulders to get +damage to something you are using instead of MA.

I'd go with flesh is weak. EB doesn't do the same explosion as the other EP runes (it spread DoT instead) so it probably isn't worth it to use with that fist.

So you'd recommend I reroll my good Holy SoJ to fire because I'm a fire spec, yeah?

be prepared to spend alot of $ making Imperial and Flawless Imperial gems. Rerolling my SoJ so that it'd have crit chance took me ~ 9 flawless imperials

Side note, I'm super happy I took advantage of the AH closing and unloaded a bunch of lvl 60 legs and sets so that I have money to reroll...

Won

2 out of the last 3 rift guardians gave me a leg. That's a start. Don't think I have ever seen one drop a leg before.

Kadala finally gave me a shield too. Nothing too useful, but I didn't expect to get something good right away.

be prepared to spend alot of $ making Imperial and Flawless Imperial gems. Rerolling my SoJ so that it'd have crit chance took me ~ 9 flawless imperials

Side note, I'm super happy I took advantage of the AH closing and unloaded a bunch of lvl 60 legs and sets so that I have money to reroll...

This, I sold all my old gems for 50M and my manticore for 400M or so. I was a bit over 700M when RoS hit, im down to 660. I was down to 645, but Ive gotten pretty lucky rerolling my stuff and am also quite starved for forgotten souls.

I'd go with flesh is weak. EB doesn't do the same explosion as the other EP runes (it spread DoT instead) so it probably isn't worth it to use with that fist.

Oh right I forgot about that. He has a lot of fire damage, but the explosion is more important for this.

Norns

This is how I feel about all the bitching to be honest; all of it comes off as entitlement/privilege whining. "X class can do Y now and I can't! whaaa."; "I've been playing this game for 30 mins and I can't get a leg drop! This game sucks!"; "I can't do T4 with my horribly itemized character! But I totally got that sweet sheet damage yo! This game blows!"

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Entitlement Personified

Posts like this are just as bad as the "entitlement" posts. Just sayin.

Boogdud

I'm down to like 50m gold just from making some gems. I'm being sincere here, I honestly don't know how a new player that just picked up d3/ros would ever get enough gold to make gems now. If you were coming in fresh, it would be nearly impossible.

There's a HUGE gold sink but no reliable way to make (real) gold. Selling yellows at 3k a pop sure as hell isn't going to do it. Especially now that they've dropped the rates for rares with champ packs, etc.

Last 500 shards in Kadala -> 2 legendary boots. Neither were Ice Climbers :(

I've been doing T2 rifts since the server game back up. A little less than 2 hours. Found 5 legendary items. 1 is a useless 2 handed mace. 2 rings, amulet, and pants. I'll UNID it all later. Gonna go back to collecting more shards.

All I want today is another piece of the Firebird set. Doubt I'll get one....

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just got The Fist of Az'Turrasq yesterday. This is the build I put together for it http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Poacher-1928/hero/41392579

Any advice on from other monks with the fist?

Yes, here are some things you can do to get the most out of the explosion.

- use The Flesh is Weak and tag multiple targets. The debuff increases their damage taken, which works with the explosion. Essence burn doesn't explode for %HP damage, it's just a DoT, so it's useless with the fist of Az'Turrasq.

- put your paragon points into area damage and use Cyclone Strike. This is more effective than any other gear change you can do. With 50% area damage, every 10 targets in range after the first will give you +100% damage. (double damage with 11, triple damage with 21, etc), and it works with exploding palm's explosions. The math for the average boost is (20% * # additional targets * area damage %). I prefer to pop shrines with nemesis bracers while there are still mobs around for this reason - those cannon fodder help make it a very quick fight. Another subtle benefit of area damage is the additional range. The splashes will give your exploding palm explosions a bigger effective footprint since the splash damage radius is centered on the mob that's hit by the explosion. Room-clearing power.

- elite damage bonus works with the explosion and stacks additively now. SoJ, Unity and Sunkeeper would go well with it.

- Inner Sanctuary: Forbidden Palace also adds 30% damage taken, which works with the explosion. It also keeps the mobs from walking away as quickly.

- group with a wizard. Elemental Exposure for 20% damage taken, 10% from cold blooded, and 10% from time warp bubble all work with exploding palm's explosion.

Change Crippling Wave to Rising Tide. It works well with cyclone strike for rapid spirit generation, which gives you lots of spirit for tagging multiple targets.

You'll probably get more out of Inner Sanctuary:Forbidden Palace than Epiphany. Try it out.

Mystic Ally: Fire Ally may be a better choice than sweeping wind. The damage contribution is similar and you don't have the annoying spirit upkeep. The fire ally active effect is quite a strong nuke now with the pet damage change.

Cyclone Strike:Sunburst is a good choice with cindercoat. It becomes a cheap and effective damaging spender. You can stand in the face of mobs you can't vortex and still damage them with the effect.

garath

I'm down to like 50m gold just from making some gems. I'm being sincere here, I honestly don't know how a new player that just picked up d3/ros would ever get enough gold to make gems now. If you were coming in fresh, it would be nearly impossible.

There's a HUGE gold sink but no reliable way to make (real) gold. Selling yellows at 3k a pop sure as hell isn't going to do it. Especially now that they've dropped the rates for rares with champ packs, etc.

So far I've been able to stay roughly even. I came in with 46mil, I am now around 42mil. I've been on a salvaging spree lately though. And the real dip came when I started gearing my crusader with rubies and her own set of diamonds.

That said, I only have a couple Royals and no flawless royals so far

rando14

Yup, I started playing D3 after ROS came back and I am drowning in gem costs. Never really have more than 2 or 3 mil gold on me because as soon as I get it I spend it on enchants and gems, and poof it's gone :(

hobart

Know what I just did?

I scanned the NA/EU Clan Thread to see who the hell I've been talking to over the last month. I've always been baffled by guys with different GAF names from their in-game names!

Do we not have a spreadsheet for this somewhere? A list? I'm just happy I can finally put a face (avatar!) to a name!

Raticus79

Know what I just did?

I scanned the NA/EU Clan Thread to see who the hell I've been talking to over the last month. I've always been baffled by guys with different GAF names from their in-game names!

Do we not have a spreadsheet for this somewhere? A list? I'm just happy I can finally put a face (avatar!) to a name!

Blizzard has "clan notes" we can set, but we can't currently make them viewable to members, only officers. I think that probably has their attention by now - hopefully it'll make it in the 2.1 patch. If they did, we can use the clan notes like tags to say who's who in the roster.

Yes, here are some things you can do to get the most out of the explosion.

- use The Flesh is Weak and tag multiple targets. The debuff increases their damage taken, which works with the explosion. Essence burn doesn't explode for %HP damage, it's just a DoT, so it's useless with the fist of Az'Turrasq.

- put your paragon points into area damage and use Cyclone Strike. This is more effective than any other gear change you can do. With 50% area damage, every 10 targets in range after the first will give you +100% damage. (double damage with 11, triple damage with 21, etc), and it works with exploding palm's explosions. The math for the average boost is (20% * # additional targets * area damage %). I prefer to pop shrines with nemesis bracers while there are still mobs around for this reason - those cannon fodder help make it a very quick fight.

- elite damage bonus works with the explosion and stacks additively now. SoJ, Unity and Sunkeeper would go well with it.

- Inner Sanctuary: Forbidden Palace also adds 30% damage taken, which works with the explosion. It also keeps the mobs from walking away as quickly.

- group with a wizard. Elemental Exposure for 20% damage taken, 10% from cold blooded, and 10% from time warp bubble all work with exploding palm's explosion.

Change Crippling Wave to Rising Tide. It works well with cyclone strike for rapid spirit generation, which gives you lots of spirit for tagging multiple targets.

You'll probably get more out of Inner Sanctuary:Forbidden Palace than Epiphany. Try it out.

Mystic Ally: Fire Ally may be a better choice than sweeping wind. The damage contribution is similar and you don't have the annoying spirit upkeep. The fire ally active effect is quite a strong nuke now with the pet damage change.

Cyclone Strike:Sunburst is a good choice with cindercoat. It becomes a cheap and effective damaging spender. You can stand in the face of mobs you can't vortex and still damage them with the effect.

This was my old set up 100% to a tee. I'm using epiphany currently but found a helm last night that gives me 12 spirit a second when in IS. Been thinking of swapping back to IS to give it a shot.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I blame the server maintenance. 7 complete rifts and 5 bounties: nothing

Yay for random!

But, I feel you. I haven't picked up a single item of worth in the last couple of days. I almost did, but I blew a few million gold and a ton of Death's Breath trying to roll the stats I wanted to no avail. Now the item is at like 500k per Enchant and I'm just going to give up on it.

At least I've gained like 10 Paragon levels...

Fularu

Banned
Know what I just did?

I'm Grosbill in the NA clan!

hobart

Blizzard has "clan notes" we can set, but we can't currently make them viewable to members, only officers. I think that probably has their attention by now - hopefully it'll make it in the 2.1 patch. If they did, we can use the clan notes like tags to say who's who in the roster.

Not sure why the Clan/Guild UI is so bad. WoW's was pretty good actually. Should have just migrated the same system.

If you mouse over someone's character in the clan roster, you can see notes. At least I can, and I'm pretty sure no one has made me an officer. I assumed only officers can set the notes, but everyone sees them. A bunch of people (including me) have their NeoGAF name showing there.

Raticus79

If you mouse over someone's character in the clan roster, you can see notes. At least I can, and I'm pretty sure no one has made me an officer. I assumed only officers can set the notes, but everyone sees them. A bunch of people (including me) have their NeoGAF name showing there.

Oh, cool, maybe they fixed that then. Well, time to fill in those notes!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

My testing could be wrong, but as far as I have found so far when you pop the active on fire ally you will lose the Unity contribution until it reforms.

Just something to keep in mind if you are running the Unity passive.

Can I get some tips on my build out?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrAcErX90-1431/hero/40764456

Its really fun to play I think, rolling around with 5 dogs, a gargantuan and then like 5 fetishes. I usually will slow down enemies off the bat with the grasp, then throw down piranhas, let my creatures do some work all while I chill far away throwing firebombs/zombie charger dogs (all the other runes don't have good distance).

Anything I should change? I guess I need to craft a green gem tonight and replace the red one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom