• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hotfix is real! got 10 legs in the span of 3 hours.

I got the shield that takes off the heavenly strength move speed penalty which makes me feel like flash compared to not using it.

Does that shield that lowers your cooldown by one second on all skills everytime you block still exist? That is the only one I want, that with full Akkhan set and you pretty much have Akarats Champion up all the time.

ferr

if the title for OT2 isn't "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Entitled Brats" or some play on that then i'm gonna quit d3 forever and demand my money back!!!!

bcl0328

i wonder why they keep buffing drop rates. i don't want to get geared in a week. this is the only end game we have.

if they are handing us legendaries they should add some more to the pool.

Vossler

What kind of builds are people running on DH? I haven't really found a build I like since ROS came out, I have been playing my Barb more, but would like to gear up my DH a little now, too:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Amnesiac-1697/hero/2951910

Got a pretty junky Calamity, but not even all my gear is 70 yet. Just looking for a good build to start farming.

This is what I've been using, for quite a while now.....based on the old shoot and scoot builds, but I find that I don't really die too much. Much DPS goes a long way though and Smoke Screen has saved me quite a few times.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vossler-1343/hero/40620061

Amneisac

i wonder why they keep buffing drop rates. i don't want to get geared in a week. this is the only end game we have.

Well, they're just trying to balance out the drop rates so that the most efficient way to get legendaries is to actually play the game (and not do stuff like chest runs). On average, the increase hasn't seemed to dramatically increase the amount of loot people are getting - at least anecdotally from what I've seen on here and other communities.

Well, they're just trying to balance out the drop rates so that the most efficient way to get legendaries is to actually play the game (and not do stuff like chest runs). On average, the increase hasn't seemed to dramatically increase the amount of loot people are getting - at least anecdotally from what I've seen on here and other communities.

Yeah the buff sounds a lot bigger on paper but I personally still worry they'll completely kill their own longevity if they keep going on like this.

It seems like they are potentially balancing the game around ladder seasons as opposed to the main game. Then again their data probably suggests ladder is where they should be balancing. I had no intention to play ladders when they were announced but now it sounds like something I'll (have to*) participate in to keep the game fresh. It's already pretty hard to find upgrades on my Witch Doctor and that was with the lower drop rates.

garath

What kind of builds are people running on DH? I haven't really found a build I like since ROS came out, I have been playing my Barb more, but would like to gear up my DH a little now, too:

Got a pretty junky Calamity, but not even all my gear is 70 yet. Just looking for a good build to start farming.

I've been using a cluster arrow build lately. It revolves around hatred dump -> Preparation punishment -> hatred dump -> repeat

Crits having a chance to restore discipline and Vengeance seethe for the elites has been working out quite well. Things die quick. I'm lacking a cindercoat to really pull it together though.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

I've been using wolf companion but I may go back to sentries. The persistent dps is a lot higher with sentries.

You immediately need some re-rolls and you'll jump up in dps and efficiency.

x-Lundz-x

Besides a Blackguard all of my drops have capped at 2650 damage. Must just be bad luck on the stats I guess. Good to know huge upgrades are still possible for me though, may spend some time gambling 2 handers for my crusader.

I'm not sure it's possible to get 3000 damage AND also have a socket but that would be amazing if possible.

Still if I could find a new version of my Flail that was 2700+ damage I would scream like a schoolgirl.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've been using a cluster arrow build lately. It revolves around hatred dump -> Preparation punishment -> hatred dump -> repeat

Crits having a chance to restore discipline and Vengeance seethe for the elites has been working out quite well. Things die quick. I'm lacking a cindercoat to really pull it together though.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

I've been using wolf companion but I may go back to sentries. The persistent dps is a lot higher with sentries.

You immediately need some re-rolls and you'll jump up in dps and efficiency.

I, uh, kind of forgot that I have a decent dex cindercoat. I should probably stick that on my DH and have a grand old time with 30% cost reduction on cluster.

garath

Garath, I like that setup....may have to try it later today.

It's been really effective. I used to use Vault and I really miss the ability to roll PAST enemies, sometimes it's hard to click around them with smokescreen but smokescreen is invaluable with the invulnerability and healing. I've given up on life on hit. I never seem to have enough of it to make it a worthwhile stat. I'd rather focus on resource reduction and straight offense.

Just have to balance discipline with hatred and unload on stuff. lol

bcl0328

I, uh, kind of forgot that I have a decent dex cindercoat. I should probably stick that on my DH and have a grand old time with 30% cost reduction on cluster.

cindercoat is like THE item for cluster arrow. it has fire damage too.

my friend has been so lucky on his DH. cindercoat, andariels, magefist, and some sanguine bracers ALL give % fire damage. then he gets a natalya's slayer with socket and 2,700 dps. his sheet says 1.4 mil dmg.

So DH guys, can anyone give me a rundown on skills? Are any skills bad right now? Any of them that are only good in combination with others? Same with passives.

I'm level 35 with my DH and just testing things out. Really fun change from Monk so far.

ferr

So DH guys, can anyone give me a rundown on skills? Are any skills bad right now? Any of them that are only good in combination with others? Same with passives.

I'm level 35 with my DH and just testing things out. Really fun change from Monk so far.

Cluster Arrow:Loaded For Bear and Entangling Shot:Justice is Served are the most common hatred spender/gen skills. Both are fire damage so pumping +% fire dmg is worthwhile. Preperation:punishment is popular as well, keeps the hatred flowing.

After that it's pretty much a mixed bag, builds don't tend to overlap beyond those skills. Tons of people use Smoke Screen or Vault for defense, though.

Kacho

I know a game really has its hooks in me when I feel bad for missing a day. lol

The new loot drop changes sound great. Hoping to get some serious play time in over the next few days.

Vade

Cluster Arrow is the main build. You want to get your hate generator, entangling shot with justice rune for added resource generation. Prep with punishment rune is 100% needed for the build since you can turn your discipline into more hate.

Passives depends on what you are expecting to clear. T1 or T2 fast clears? Ambush, TA, Archery. More defensive ? Perfection will keep you alive more times than not.
Honestly if you have no reapers' wrap blood vengeance is a must, if you have them then you need to have higher hate or you will start clipping your orbs.

Passives:

Blood Vengeance

Choose 3: Night Stalker, Perfectionist, Tactical Advantage, Archery,Cull The Weak, Steady Aim, Ambush.

You want to focus on 1-10 for your CC to CD ratio and the basic gearing is: Primary>CC>CD>Resource Reduction. Thacker probably has the best example of the generic build with gear if he would link is profile. Mine is not at that level http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vade-1210/hero/32269937

Cluster Arrow:Loaded For Bear and Entangling Shot:Justice is Served are the most common hatred spender/gen skills. Both are fire damage so pumping +% fire dmg is worthwhile. Preperation:punishment is popular as well, keeps the hatred flowing.

After that it's pretty much a mixed bag, builds don't tend to overlap beyond those skills. Tons of people use Smoke Screen or Vault for defense, though.

Hmm, I have some good fire gear on my monk, so that's nice...

So I'm guessing most people pick one or the other of SS or Vault?

garath

Cluster Arrow is the main build. You want to get your hate generator, entangling shot with justice rune for added resource generation. Prep with punishment rune is 100% needed for the build since you can turn your discipline into more hate.

Passives depends on what you are expecting to clear. T1 or T2 fast clears? Ambush, TA, Archery. More defensive ? Perfection will keep you alive more times than not.
Honestly if you have no reapers' wrap blood vengeance is a must, if you have them then you need to have higher hate or you will start clipping your orbs.

Passives:

Blood Vengeance

Choose 3: Night Stalker, Perfectionist, Tactical Advantage, Archery,Cull The Weak, Steady Aim, Ambush.

You want to focus on 1-10 for your CC to CD ratio and the basic gearing is: Primary>CC>CD>Resource Reduction. Thacker probably has the best example of the generic build with gear if he would link is profile. Mine is not at that level http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vade-1210/hero/32269937

I'd consider Night stalker a must for a CA/Prep punishment build.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Drilling-1463/hero/3811704

Well awesome, I managed to get +lightning damage andy's (shame I didn't get crit as well) and rerolled some life on hit to +lightning damage on my strong arms.

Things were going great then I found a decent SoJ...(with bonus to wrath on it? thanks smart loot) and I blew all 8 million gold I had, and all of my yellow crafting mats (not deaths breaths the other ones) and like 17 souls trying to reroll it to lightning damage from cold damage but it just wouldn't roll....IT JUST WOULDN'T ROLL

IM CURRENTLY BROKE AND OUT OF MATS AND HOLDING ON TO A WORTHLESS FUCKING SOJ.

I'm so upset that it costs flawless imperial gems to reroll jewelry hmph ;_;

ferr

I'd consider Night stalker a must for a CA/Prep punishment build.

Second that. Your discipline is always flowing with NS. It's great synergy when you hit prep:pun and unleash a few CAs which fill up your disc a bit more for your next prep:pun.

Also Blood Vengeance is fantastic for the build as well. I even have the reaper's wraps to add to it. I considered removed BV after getting RW but they work well together.

ferr

Hmm, I have some good fire gear on my monk, so that's nice...

So I'm guessing most people pick one or the other of SS or Vault?

Yeah usually SS or Vault and not both since they are basically used for the same reason, to escape.. and you don't need two means of escaping. People swear by SS but I usually go with Vault so that I can skip around to get through areas faster.

Draft

Is there anyway to turbo charge the damage from exploding zombie dogs? I found this dagger that stuns enemies when the dogs are summoned so I'm playing around with a build that uses the dog summoning passive. Those explosions tho... not very impressive.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just had 5 legs drop in a single rift

2 from goblins

One was kind of funny because i defeated a rift guardian and was sad i didnt get one but liked the haul, a little spider comes up to attack and my thorns kill it... a wild schaefers hammer appears :>

jrcbandit

So are the people getting 1 million+ paper DPS doing so by getting perfect trifecta rolls on rings/amulets? Are you better off using something like SoJ or other legendary with +15-20% elemental damage (and + elite for SoJ) even when it has crappy rolls, ie, none or only a single piece of the trifecta CHD,CC,ASP? I am probably missing alot of DPS missing +CHD on my amulet and rings, but it used to be pet damage didn't scale with CHD on WD.... They weren't the best items to begin with so I can't enchant CHD (I already either enchanted ASP, CC, or elemental damage).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So are the people getting 1 million+ paper DPS doing so by getting perfect trifecta rolls on rings/amulets? Are you better off using something like SoJ or other legendary with +15-20% elemental damage (and + elite for SoJ) even when it has crappy rolls, ie, none or only a single piece of the trifecta CHD,CC,ASP? I am probably missing alot of DPS missing +CHD on my amulet and rings, but it used to be pet damage didn't scale with CHD on WD.... They weren't the best items to begin with so I can't enchant CHD (I already either enchanted ASP, CC, or elemental damage).

Increase attack speed really works best if your spenders are bound by attack speed... otherwise it only helps the primary attack.

So as an example for a wizard using arcane torrent its great for... as long as they have enough arcane on crit

Tom Penny

So Kadala can give you anything? I'm buy belts until I get Inna's to drop. It's my one missing link. Sick of farming ring of grandeur. After that I'm buying swords until I get a dex roll Shard of hate lol.

I do think something changed though. I died more yesterday then the day before. I don't know if my damage output is less or the enemies are hitting harder with more HP's. Hope I didn't get worse at playing in a day !!!

Nope. I believe she can't give class specific sets or act specific legendaries (like RoRG).

Booo

So Kadala can give you anything? I'm buy belts until I get Inna's to drop. It's my one missing link. Sick of farming ring of grandeur. After that I'm buying swords until I get a dex roll Shard of hate lol.

Nope. I believe she can't give class specific sets or act specific legendaries (like RoRG).

BashNasty

People like having high sheet damage for obvious psychological reasons, but given the multiple stats that don't count toward it, it doesn't actually mean much. Stacking a lot of elemental damage, +damage to skills and even area damage is generally going to be a lot more effective than simply trying to get your sheet damage as high as possible.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yeah. My monk is doing good DPS. A little on the squishy side though ... Lol.

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

I do think something changed though. I died more yesterday then the day before. I don't know if my damage output is less or the enemies are hitting harder with more HP's. Hope I didn't get worse at playing in a day !!!

Kalada can't drop class specific sets IIRC. Innas set has to be farmed.

Dahbomb

More like they should buff some of the current ones to have more interesting properties... especially the crafted Legendaries.

I have over 1mil DPS. My trifecta rolls are not perfect, but they are some what close

For some reason my profile says I have 373% CHD but in game it is ~440%

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KINGofCRA5H-1868/hero/42079326

Boogdud

Guys -- everyone knows Ghom Kill Time is TRUE DPS test!

Paper SHMAPAPER!

They really need to rework the whole "sheet dps" thing, or remove it all together. There are so many new factors that aren't considered it's pretty meaningless at this point.

I'd even like something like "highest T-level completed solo" or something instead.

Tacitus_

1M (buffed) DPS, ~70% frost dmg, 40% elite dmg. Though wizards cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom