• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, I sold all my old gems for 50M and my manticore for 400M or so. I was a bit over 700M when RoS hit, im down to 660. I was down to 645, but Ive gotten pretty lucky rerolling my stuff and am also quite starved for forgotten souls.

o_O man that's so crazy amount of cash. I only came in with like ~40mil

I'm down to like 50m gold just from making some gems. I'm being sincere here, I honestly don't know how a new player that just picked up d3/ros would ever get enough gold to make gems now. If you were coming in fresh, it would be nearly impossible.

There's a HUGE gold sink but no reliable way to make (real) gold. Selling yellows at 3k a pop sure as hell isn't going to do it. Especially now that they've dropped the rates for rares with champ packs, etc.

Idk, if you don't really go for the Royals and Flawless Royals, you can make a decent amount selling yellows, crafting mats and powerlvling friends. I'm up to 80mil now (came in with 40) and only now started making Royal gems and rerolling jewelry. I guess it does help that most of my gear for a while now had nice gold find bonuses and powerlvling friends in T6 nets decent chunks of change when where gold find stuff

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Is Shard of Hate the rarest weapon in the game? I don't know of anyone in my friends list who has it.

Probably. I got the fire absorb amulet last night and that's in the "rarest" category. Istvan's Pair Blades are also in that class (the dual wield attack speed set weapons). I expect the shard of hate is a bit more rare than thunderfury.

Travis Day talked about it briefly. There are also a few specific pieces in sets that are harder to find than the rest. Inna's legs seem to be more common than the other pieces, for example.

scy

Well, the Paired Blade set has only been dropping for like three days so that helps the rarity of them :x

As for Shard of Hate, yeah, it's definitely the rarest weapon in the game that wasn't bugged.

eek5

Know what I just did?

I scanned the NA/EU Clan Thread to see who the hell I've been talking to over the last month. I've always been baffled by guys with different GAF names from their in-game names!

Do we not have a spreadsheet for this somewhere? A list? I'm just happy I can finally put a face (avatar!) to a name!

We used to have a google doc but it's probably horribly outdated by now.

Hey guys, I got a pair of Gauntlets of Akkhan to drop. What should I reroll on them?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Darshiro-1660/hero/44468511

I'd reroll LoH to crit damage

Tom Penny

For those without shard of hate you can get a very large DPS buff running unity, combination strike, WOHF the one that increases attack speed 3x 5% and deadly reach..the last rune that is 15% damage on 3rd hit. Fire ally and transgression. Without fire ally and transgression you are doing 15-20 % unity, 20% combination strike, 15% deadly reach and then 5% attack speed stacked 3 times. Then if you want 10% more with fire ally and then the big buff transgression gives you. Might be boring just alternating attacks and ep'ing though. If you're like 600-700 you will very likely exceed consistent 1 million buffed.

MegaPanda

All the Shard of Hate hype makes me feel bad for not using mine >.>
I'd have to completely respec the items on my fire wizard to make use of it but I'm pretty sure it'll get patched or something by then. There's no way that current SoH works the way that Blizzard intended it to

scy

Hey guys, I got a pair of Gauntlets of Akkhan to drop. What should I reroll on them?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Darshiro-1660/hero/44468511

Definitely the LoH -> Crit Damage. Area Damage here is at least some bonus damage.

I'd have to completely respec the items on my fire wizard to make use of it but I'm pretty sure it'll get patched or something by then. There's no way that current SoH works the way that Blizzard intended it to

I'm Lightning spec on my Crusader pretty much entirely because of my Shard of Hate. That and it's better than my Fire spec gear and Holy makes me sad for old Fires of Heaven.

Mugaaz

I'm down to like 50m gold just from making some gems. I'm being sincere here, I honestly don't know how a new player that just picked up d3/ros would ever get enough gold to make gems now. If you were coming in fresh, it would be nearly impossible.

There's a HUGE gold sink but no reliable way to make (real) gold. Selling yellows at 3k a pop sure as hell isn't going to do it. Especially now that they've dropped the rates for rares with champ packs, etc.

WTF are you guys talking about seriously? The only way to run out of gold on gems is making flawless royals of multiple gem types at the same time. If you make only one type, say rubys for your barb, then youll run out of gems before money. To run out of money before gems you need to be converting into higher tiers across multiple gems types. Not sure why anyone would be doing this. Came into xpak with nothing, have made 8 royals no problem. These are all 1 time gold sinks, singular non-recurring costs. The only other gold sink is enchanting, which again is non-recurring. You're only going to upgrade a slot so many times, maybe 5. Unless you get exceptionally unlucky, its hard to spend more than a couple million rolling an item.

Now as far as gold sources. I make 3-10m a day just playing and selling, depending on how I play.

eek5

For those without shard of hate you can get a very large DPS buff running unity, combination strike, WOHF the one that increases attack speed 3x 5% and deadly reach..the last rune that is 15% damage on 3rd hit. Fire ally and transgression. Without fire ally and transgression you are doing 15-20 % unity, 20% combination strike, 15% deadly reach and then 5% attack speed stacked 3 times. Then if you want 10% more with fire ally and then the big buff transgression gives you. Might be boring just alternating attacks and ep'ing though. If you're like 600-700 you will very likely exceed consistent 1 million buffed.

I don't think combo strike is worth it. Monk generators are kind of bleh. You're probably better off using mythic rhythm to buff bells or LTK.

1-2-3-1-2-bell and 1-2-3-ltk-1-2-3-ltk would probably out eDPS a combo strike setup easily.

V_Arnold

WTF are you guys talking about seriously? The only way to run out of gold on gems is making flawless royals of multiple gem types at the same time. If you make only one type, say rubys for your barb, then youll run out of gems before money. To run out of money before gems you need to be converting into higher tiers across multiple gems types. Not sure why anyone would be doing this. Came into xpak with nothing, have made 8 royals no problem. These are all 1 time gold sinks, singular non-recurring costs. The only other gold sink is enchanting, which again is non-recurring. You're only going to upgrade a slot so many times, maybe 5. Unless you get exceptionally unlucky, its hard to spend more than a couple million rolling an item.

Now as far as gold sources. I make 3-10m a day just playing and selling, depending on how I play.

Haha, tell that to my legendary weapon, in which I was unable to roll a socket 17 times in a row. 17 times. I think the cost for one reroll was around 500k by the time I stopped bothering. Per reroll.

Mugaaz

I think it works exactly as it was intended. Its just better than everything else working that way. Thing is, I don't really know how much of a problem it is, it doesn't really limit build options as far as I can see. Wizard fire is still viable with WoW/Mirorrball, plenty of cold/fire WD and barb builds out there. Don't know enough about monk to comment. Yes, it's clear TF/SoH are the best weapons, but so were Skorn and Echoing Fury. There is a BIS for most builds, it's only an issue when it limits build diversity by being so good it makes other builds "doing it wrong". Definitely not the case so far.

Tom Penny

I don't think combo strike is worth it. Monk generators are kind of bleh. You're probably better off using mythic rhythm to buff bells or LTK.

1-2-3-1-2-bell and 1-2-3-ltk-1-2-3-ltk would probably out eDPS a combo strike setup easily.

I used to do mystic rhythm LTK but it was too inconsistent. I just use inner sanctuary now for it's 2 in one ability and it buffs the whole group attack on the enemy in the circle especially when they are tagged with EP.

Mugaaz

Haha, tell that to my legendary weapon, in which I was unable to roll a socket 17 times in a row. 17 times. I think the cost for one reroll was around 500k by the time I stopped bothering. Per reroll.

So you got very unlucky and spent something like 3-4 million. Not seeing how this isn't exactly what I said, or even how it's a problem at all.

Boogdud

Um, yeah, what's the polite phrase for "fuck you"?

...and wth is your play time if you're making 10m a day in vendor trash? I'm mostly talking for the average joe that steps in here

V_Arnold

So you got very unlucky and spent something like 3-4 million. Not seeing how this isn't exactly what I said, or even how it's a problem at all.

I am just saying that the assumption that you will not roll an item more than 5 times is false. It can be true, in which case I am happy for you, but once you start being at a place when you do not have enough of something, being effficient at making gold goes downhill.

I started this expansion with around 8mill (gave away my gold at the end of Vanilla to friends), and I am sitting at 2m now. I never make more than 1-1.5 mill a night - though I do not play particularly much.

If you play 24/7 or something close to 6-8 hour, and you plan ahead, I can see how one can make 3-4 mill, but that still assumes that you do not run into a nasty streak of bad luck :D

scy

I was always under the assumption that the "going poor from gems" was more towards Ring/Amulet rerolls. But that's kind of misleading since those don't have a gold cost, the gem cost replaces it.

I am just saying that the assumption that you will not roll an item more than 5 times is false. It can be true, in which case I am happy for you, but once you start being at a place when you do not have enough of something, being effficient at making gold goes downhill.

I think people are reading that wrong: He said that you'll upgrade a slot maybe 5 times. That is, find an item and go, "Shit, I need to reroll this and then it's a clear upgrade" about five times. Off-specs change that number a bit but, for the most part, you're not going through 7-8-9-10+ items per slot and each with 5-6M in gold dumps to reroll.

If you play 24/7 or something close to 6-8 hour, and you plan ahead, I can see how one can make 3-4 mill, but that still assumes that you do not run into a nasty streak of bad luck :D

Each rift run is like 500k gold for me if I vendor all the drops. It's really not that bad.

V_Arnold

I was always under the assumption that the "going poor from gems" was more towards Ring/Amulet rerolls. But that's kind of misleading since those don't have a gold cost, the gem cost replaces it.

That can be nasty as well. Once you sit on a near-trifecta, and you just need that ONE reroll to be particularly good, it eats away your soul AND your wallet :D

Got that one twice last night after the hotfix, got 3 drops in 30 mins. Do you solo or play in groups?

Solo.

So far, my experience with the patch is pretty much the same as before. I play long enough for the game to give me my "pity drop" after a streak of bad luck.

The only time I've ever seen 3 drops in 30 minutes is when I had a VERY lucky streak doing T6 core of arreat chest runs. And that was probably the best legendary drop rate there is.

3 in 30 minutes in rifts seems like luck I'd never have in a million years.

scy

That can be nasty as well. Once you sit on a near-trifecta, and you just need that ONE reroll to be particularly good, it eats away your soul AND your wallet :D

Assuming you have to reroll a ton of times, it ends up being cheaper, I believe.

scy

How often does it proc? Cause LoH is pretty important to sustain your life, though the stat range on gloves is quite low.

20% chance to deal X% Area Damage in a 10 yard radius from the target hit.

LoH is pretty miserable for a Crusader, honestly.

eek5

How often does it proc? Cause LoH is pretty important to sustain your life, though the stat range on gloves is quite low.

Yeah but LoH really shines when your attack speed is high and you can hit really fast. Crusader is slow so probably doesn't benefit from LoH as much even if their proc coef are high (I have no idea). Area damage is 20% chance to deal x% of dmg (the x is what the glove buffs). It's not great until you start stacking it but once you stack it it can become very good DPS boost.

I don't think he could really go wrong rolling either of those stats to CD but losing LoH is probably the better path.

ferr

20% chance to deal X% Area Damage in a 10 yard radius from the target hit.

LoH is pretty miserable for a Crusader, honestly.

It might be reasonable to just divide the X% by 5 to give a "deals X% area damage to mobs in a 10 yard radius." So +50% area damage is essentially "deal 10% area damage on hit"

scy

Crusader is slow so probably doesn't benefit from LoH as much even if their proc coef are high (I have no idea).

In my experience, we have low coefficients since basically everything we do is massive AoE. It's just not a great stat for us. Wrathful, Renewal, and Holy Cause are the best ways to get Crusader sustain done. Gearing Life on Hit is wasting a primary affix.

It might be reasonable to just divide the X% by 5 to give a "deals X% area damage to mobs in a 10 yard radius." So +50% area damage is essentially "deal 10% area damage on hit"

Usually how I treat it when thinking of how much damage it adds.

Found one this morning on my witch doctor, and gotta admit I felt the same way when the chat erupted in congrats; guilty I wasn't more excited by it. Tried it with my current poison build, and it's pretty underwhelming. The poison nova is the same small radius that comes off of Andariel's Visage, which isn't that useful when paired with WD poison skills, which are all long and midrange skills. I don't have the right cold gear for a worthwhile cold spec right now though, so maybe the freezing skull is great with a spirit build.

Firemind

In my experience, we have low coefficients since basically everything we do is massive AoE. It's just not a great stat for us. Wrathful, Renewal, and Holy Cause are the best ways to get Crusader sustain done. Gearing Life on Hit is wasting a primary affix.

I don't quite understand Holy Cause. The first part only affects your weapon and only if it does holy damage? The second part affects everything that deals holy damage so if you spam Blessed Hammer (Limitless), every time a hammer hits a target, you heal 1% of your life total? Isn't that obscene?

scy

I don't quite understand Holy Cause. The first part only affects your weapon and only if it does holy damage? The second part affects everything that deals holy damage so if you spam Blessed Hammer (Limitless), every time a hammer hits a target, you heal 1% of your life total? Isn't that obscene?

Correct on both. Holy Cause adds +10% of your listed +X-Y Holy Damage on your Weapon. On top of that, regardless of weapon type, every time you deal Holy Damage you will be healed for 1% of your MaxHP. Just go nuts with Fist of the Heavens Divine Well with a Holy Weapon and you'll sustain through basically anything.

If you have one, Skycutter is probably the best weapon for a Holy build that isn't Fate of the Fells for shotgun Heaven's Fury. +Holy Skill%, defaults to Holy Damage, and has a pet proc. 1H on it means using Holy Cause over Heavenly Strength and the damage difference isn't _that_ big compared to generic_twohander.

Firemind

Correct on both. Holy Cause adds +10% of your listed +X-Y Holy Damage on your Weapon. On top of that, regardless of weapon type, every time you deal Holy Damage you will be healed for 1% of your MaxHP. Just go nuts with Fist of the Heavens Divine Well with a Holy Weapon and you'll sustain through basically anything.

If you have one, Skycutter is probably the best weapon for a Holy build that isn't Fate of the Fells for shotgun Heaven's Fury. +Holy Skill%, defaults to Holy Damage, and has a pet proc. 1H on it means using Holy Cause over Heavenly Strength and the damage difference isn't _that_ big compared to generic_twohander.

Cheers, mate!

So Wrathful or Holy Cause long term speaking?

Haha I'm a fire wizard too but because I got a tal rasha 4 set going I'm using the soh to process lighting meteors and man its great. The soh lightning procs can crit and seem to proc constantly using arc lightning.

Insaniac

does that mean if your weapon has holy damage you'll see an actual sheet DPS increase?

scy

Cheers, mate!

So Wrathful or Holy Cause long term speaking?

Holy Cause is just so hard to gear for and it's best suited for a 1H build. Wrathful is far easier to gear for (turns a secondary affix into Life per Wrath Spent stat) so it's usually the best way to go about things. I have around 60-80k Healing Globe bonus depending on which set of gear I have on and that means getting 1.4k - 1.6k Life per Wrath.

does that mean if your weapon has holy damage you'll see an actual sheet DPS increase?

Yup. Around a 10% increase on the sheet.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Mythic Rhythm apparently also works for snapshotting sweeping wind. (haven't tested it myself, I don't like that kind of micromanagement)

Firemind

Holy Cause is just so hard to gear for and it's best suited for a 1H build. Wrathful is far easier to gear for (turns a secondary affix into Life per Wrath Spent stat) so it's usually the best way to go about things. I have around 60-80k Healing Globe bonus depending on which set of gear I have on and that means getting 1.4k - 1.6k Life per Wrath

Well, shit.

Now I have to choose between Wrathful, Heavenly Strength, Divine Fortress, Hold Your Ground and Renewal.

No drops in the last hour or so...

I keep checking my minimap to see if I missed one because this just doesn't seem right. So depressing....

DSmalls84

What Passives are best for a FOH Fissure build?

Currently using:

Heavenly Strength
Rightousness
Wrathful
Finery

Thought about replacing Finery but not sure if any of the other skills would be much better.

I think this is one of monks shortcoming honestly. I don't like our sustain options. I have 500 LpSS and 4000 LOH and it feels kinda meh. I'm a little squishy, but it still feels meh.

I know this is kinda how they want it with regards to no massive heal and damage spikes, but it feels like the damage spikes are bigger than my heal spikes.

Shifty76

I tested that very combination of 1-2-3-LTK vs always-on combo strike vs Ghom the other night, and combo strike consistently gave me quicker kill times (42 sec range on T2 vs 47 sec)

scy

Divine Fortress unless your Shield is terrible. The mitigation boost from that is huge. I don't think Rightousness is all that necessary when you can use Provoke with Charged Up for a huge boost to Wrath generation in a Lightning build.

My normal setup for 2H is Heavenly Strength, Wrathful, Divine Fortress, and Finery. When 1H, I cry every time that I don't use Holy Cause because I haven't been blessed with a Holy Weapon.

DSmalls84

Divine Fortress unless your Shield is terrible. The mitigation boost from that is huge. I don't think Rightousness is all that necessary when you can use Provoke with Charged Up for a huge boost to Wrath generation in a Lightning build.

My normal setup for 2H is Heavenly Strength, Wrathful, Divine Fortress, and Finery. When 1H, I cry every time that I don't use Holy Cause because I haven't been blessed with a Holy Weapon.

I might try replacing Righteousness then. I currently use Shield Glare and Reapers Wraps for most of my wrath generation.

gaf!
my crusader can go with this two config
454k dps//18m toughness (actual toughness with 1400ish res across the board, not just life-inflated toughness)
or
640k dps//11m toughness

as for the first config, i'm using it with pure tank spec, simply soaking dmg while spamming hammer...
second config, i'm going with the same spec, but i think i *can* actually go pure dps with it (granted, i should go fot 700k dps by tonight, as i need to roll a socket into my new zweihander..)
is it worth to go dps crusader into t2 or should i just keep the first config and go into t2? atm, i can just with the pure tank config though anything t2 throws at me in a single person game... i can basically just /dance on arcane while spamming hammer for major lulz, or just get surrounded by enemies and slowly hammer them down...
but i'd like to get a faster "farm" in t2..
gaf crew advice!

up!
enlighten me, dia-gaf!

Totakeke

Oh. I actually have two sky splitters. Do you have a sample build? I just tried the skill out and the damage seems kinda weak against elites compared to fissure.

MegaPanda

Found one this morning on my witch doctor, and gotta admit I felt the same way when the chat erupted in congrats; guilty I wasn't more excited by it. Tried it with my current poison build, and it's pretty underwhelming. The poison nova is the same small radius that comes off of Andariel's Visage, which isn't that useful when paired with WD poison skills, which are all long and midrange skills. I don't have the right cold gear for a worthwhile cold spec right now though, so maybe the freezing skull is great with a spirit build.

The poison nova actually seems to be the exact same effect as the one on Andariels. The light and cold procs from SoH are a 100% on attack, while the nova seems to be a chance on hit. You could use only lightning or cold attacks and the poison nova will proc anyway. Again, I don't think think the weapon is working right.

Haha I'm a fire wizard too but because I got a tal rasha 4 set going I'm using the soh to process lighting meteors and man its great. The soh lightning procs can crit and seem to proc constantly using arc lightning.

Yeah, the lightning procs are amazing with some aspd. I'm using a pretty unorthodox build though that makes SoH kind of useless for me. T2 is a breeze and T3 is doable, but not quickly. I guess I could replace Event Horizon with Arc Lightning, but EH is way too good...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MegaPanda-1570/hero/180463

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom