• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When is the Kadala-buff coming to EU?

bcl0328

uPDXidN.png

This did drop for me last night (before the hotfix). Totally changed my crusader instantly. Takes a little bit of the sting away from losing my awesome WD over the weekend.

pantsless?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have almost 500 blood shards to blow when I get home tonight. Going to do them all on my crusader, but I'm not sure if I want to do shields, 2h weapons, or a mix. I have decent legendaries of each as-is, but neither are optimal.

Alebelly

uPDXidN.png

This did drop for me last night (before the hotfix). Totally changed my crusader instantly. Takes a little bit of the sting away from losing my awesome WD over the weekend.

wow, this wouId instantly improve my life. have that gyrfalcon thing but I hate that tin can noise it makes so I don''t run it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dunno if it was great luck or something, but I logged in to see the new "Kadala-buff"... but one wrist and got this:

iIppzOg.jpg

lol

What exactly did the buff do? Just increase the odds of legendaries?

lexi

Banned
There is a trick to play on the US servers.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12372787193

I don't want to play on US servers, AUS servers were a god send. It was indicated that the hotfix was live for 'The Americas' and for all intents and purposes, Blizzard considers ANZ servers to be a part of 'The Americas'. That's the region we play in. So when somebody says 'This is now live in The Americas and EU' it is implicit that this applies to Australians too. Only it wasn't, the post was edited hours later to indicate that ANZ was yet to receive the hotfix.

I'm not QQ'ing that I wasted shards or played for hours in T3 rifts, it just would have been nice to have some clarity from the beginning, I only found out when the servers shutdown that I wasn't actually playing on hotfixed servers.

x-Lundz-x

wow, this wouId instantly improve my life. have that gyrfalcon thing but I hate that tin can noise it makes so I don''t run it.

Yes it's quite amazing, I'm working on getting CD reduction gear so I can spam the shit out of Heavens Fury. And it looks amazing too.

crusader in my guild is named pantsless. we did a rift last night and i'm positive he got that exact weapon, before the hotfix. thought you might be him.

Nope, I just roll with a few buddies. Not in the GAF clans or anything.

I play the game pantsless though.

DSmalls84

uPDXidN.png

Found one of those last night as well. It's a cool weapon but I'm not sure that I really like the Heaven's Fury skill that much. The burst damage is great, but I kind of enjoy running Fist of the Heavens more.

Ohnonono

I somehow missed the Arcane Dynamo fix and now I'm wondering which passive to swap out. I'm keeping Galvanizing Ward because the shield is very useful with my poor healing but between Unwavering Will, Glass Cannon and Audacity, Audacity seems like the best one to swap out. Unwavering Will easily works well with channelling spells and while I don't remember the actual effect of the Glass Cannon's -10% armour/resistance, I don't think it's as limiting as the 15 yard limit on a torrent Wizard, especially coupled with Unwavering Will. I can't test it out now since the servers are down but am I missing something or does that seem fair?

Ugh, I really hate the people who just sit in town and mooch exp/caches.

Just to clarify. This is a joke. I only play with RL people I know an just thought it was funny that while i was in town scrapping I made like 50kg standing next to the anvil. Moochers can blow me.

x-Lundz-x

Found one of those last night as well. It's a cool weapon but I'm not sure that I really like the Heaven's Fury skill that much. The burst damage is great, but I kind of enjoy running Fist of the Heavens more.

Currently I'm using the Ascendancy rune so it's the cooldown version of the skill. I've switched back and forth on that and the last rune that turns it into a wrath spender. I think I like the Ascendancy better because I can just spam it and forget it while it murders mobs.

I have not played around with Heaven's Fury much, do you have any gear that buffs that skill?

I somehow missed the Arcane Dynamo fix and now I'm wondering which passive to swap out. I'm keeping Galvanizing Ward because the shield is very useful with my poor healing but between Unwavering Will, Glass Cannon and Audacity, Audacity seems like the best one to swap out. Unwavering Will easily works well with channelling spells and while I don't remember the actual effect of the Glass Cannon's -10% armour/resistance, I don't think it's as limiting as the 15 yard limit on a torrent Wizard, especially coupled with Unwavering Will. I can't test it out now since the servers are down but am I missing something or does that seem fair?

Ugh, I really hate the people who just sit in town and mooch exp/caches.

You can never go wrong with more AP, so I'd use Astral Presence. Also, have you thought about swapping Galvanizing Ward with Blur?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

If you were to get the shield that halves the CD of HF and run 30% cooldown reduction... you would be running around with 3 beams of HF running almost 100% of the time

Constant 5000% weapon damage? Yes pls

DSmalls84

Currently I'm using the Ascendancy rune so it's the cooldown version of the skill. I've switched back and forth on that and the last rune that turns it into a wrath spender. I think I like the Ascendancy better because I can just spam it and forget it while it murders mobs.

I have not played around with Heaven's Fury much, do you have any gear that buffs that skill?

No, I have various pieces that buff Holy/Lightning damage but none that specifically increase damage for the skill.

DSmalls84

If you were to get the shield that halves the CD of HF and run 30% cooldown reduction... you would be running around with 3 beams of HF running almost 100% of the time

I would require major gear changes for this approach, even though it sounds awesome :). Currently the only CD reduction gear I have is a Mara's Kaleidoscope with 8%.

Yaari

Glad someone told me I cant get Tal Rasha from Kadala, lol. I was spending Shards thinking it was possible. Time to use them elsewhere I guess..

DSmalls84

Is the amount of content in RoS worth the high price?

Is Act 5 much bigger than the others for example?

Convince me GAF.

Yes. Act V feels longer than any of the other Acts. Honestly, with Diablo you get most of your value from replaying the game ad nausem to find loot. For most of us the game would be worth it just for the new legendary gear and class. It's a great expansion though and totally worth it if you intend to sink a lot of time.

Yes. Act V feels longer than any of the other Acts. Honestly, with Diablo you get most of your value from replaying the game ad nausem to find loot. For most of us the game would be worth it just for the new legendary gear and class. It's a great expansion though and totally worth it if you intend to sink a lot of time.

So it adds new legendaries too?

Yoshichan

Spent some blood shards to test the new hotfix, just bought pants until my inventory filled. Not sure how I should feel about this...On one hand it was pretty good getting that many and on the other I thnk Kadala is just trolling me with all those Blackthorn's.:(

Spent 500 on her last night on boots and got nothing. NOTHING.

UGh :(

Nete

Found a nice -cooldown amulet to test the non-crit crusader build and works pretty good so far. Main problem it requieres perma-Akarat for max performance, and I'm still with only 2 set pieces. But oh god, so fun. Will be a great end-game build.

x-Lundz-x

Omg. I want this. It's so beautiful.

It's amazing, probably the best drop for me yet minus my amazing Mojo I had on my WD. I had the one where 30% damage went to your pets. Still didn't save me from 3 elite packs with ice, firechains and arcane though :(.

Tonight I am on a mission to find this shield.

DSmalls84

My buddy got a 3000 damage warmonger last night, no socket though.

Besides a Blackguard all of my drops have capped at 2650 damage. Must just be bad luck on the stats I guess. Good to know huge upgrades are still possible for me though, may spend some time gambling 2 handers for my crusader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom