• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Can they? I tried with big targets like Siegebreaker and Ghom before and it didn't seem like it did. Granted, it was forever ago and I didn't have HF%/Holy% gear to make the damage standout. Still, I'd probably do Blessed Ground since it can cover so much ground and that probably helps more often.

and yes mad jelly. Even helped another Crusader switch to the same build when he got a godlike Skycutter to drop.

I'll have to settle for crafting a godlike Golden Scourge while crying softly at the +3 Smite target bonus.
Yeah I've seen like two beams hover on a boss, but never three. Fate of the fell would be neat to try out with the heavens fury build, but would be so much slower DPS.

Skycutter too OP. That damn weapon man. Any other build basically needs stupid OP damage (burning axe, the crafted axe) to compete with the massive sustain 1h holy has.

Also, Shouta, what makes Akarat's Champion even more awesome with rally is not only the Divine Well rune holy bolts from the base attack trigger rally, but ALL the zaps from the lightning they can do trigger it as well. It's essentially no cooldown condemns and heavens furies. Really ridiculous.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I've had my (admittedly, godlike) Defender of Westmarch since the day my Crusader hit 70. Innate 10% CC, good STR, AR, Life%, good Block%, good proc value, etc.

stark shield 4 lyfe apparently

rpkjAw5.png

Definitely, I am still grateful for the one you passed on to me :p

It served me well, but now I am back on to my barbarian days.

eek5

I don't think this has been posted yet, and it's insanely useful. Especially if you were confused by the Blue posts saying that Legendary crafting materials have the same drop rate as Death's Breath... which they don't.

That's outdated now. That change your'e talking about was done in the last patch.

Jrmint

I thought they said they upped the legendary crafting mat drop rate. Are these from anything specific? I've only ever found 1 and that was prepatch.
Yes specific uniques drop each of these. Google the one you're looking for and there will be tons of resources showing which mob they drop from now. Also they upped the rate to the same as the Deaths Breath rate so 31% in T1.

it's not that much time invested. just go check each act in adventure mode. the secondary proc is pretty good.

I just mean for the purpose of leveling an alt it isn't saving any time/difficulty at least at lower levels. Maybe that'll change around 50 or 60, but up to 35 leveling has been very fast and easy without it.

But it is pretty quick for me to kill key wardens on T1. I should give the uber bosses a shot and see how it goes.

Tom Penny

Crafting problems is more that some require flawless imperials. Say you have no imperials. That is 900K with 9 marquis gems and a forgotten soul per roll. I don't know some uber gem dropping trick so it's a long time and takes many many tries. I've been trying to roll high crit damage on an amulet and I hit 67% after who knows how many tries because that stat has a zillion options. I'm thinking of just saving up and getting at least royals for all my gear then move on from there and getting the my amulet the way I want. I just end up eating all my marquis and imperial emeralds.

Moff

is that treasure goblin ring actually worth it? it seems to take forever to get 12 whites.
I lost 2% damage with it, but gained 10% toughness, So I'll go with it for the time being

gaf help

I have no clue how to build this crusader after the patch, starting out from scratch with gear (all i've got is those chance to do 1000 percent thorns dmg on getting hit bracers from caches and the thorns set helmet, nothing else)

I'm looking for a fun to play build to work my way up to t1 (and be decent to run t1 once i get some items) , a build that doesn't rely on specific legendary passives (so not like cindercloak or mirrorball based builds for dh or wiz)

ZenaxPure

I lost 2% damage with it, but gained 10% toughness, So I'll go with it for the time being

I mostly just hold on to mine and use it in rifts where there are crazy amount of weapon/armor racks such as the battlefields of eternity or the halls of agony.

Shouta

Yeah I've seen like two beams hover on a boss, but never three. Fate of the fell would be neat to try out with the heavens fury build, but would be so much slower DPS.

Skycutter too OP. That damn weapon man. Any other build basically needs stupid OP damage (burning axe, the crafted axe) to compete with the massive sustain 1h holy has.

Also, Shouta, what makes Akarat's Champion even more awesome with rally is not only the Divine Well rune holy bolts from the base attack trigger rally, but ALL the zaps from the lightning they can do trigger it as well. It's essentially no cooldown condemns and heavens furies. Really ridiculous.

Yeah that's why I like 1h over 2h. It's just so fast and nuts.

Also my bubble helps with bunched enemies or nasty affixes. I can run without it though but I like just hovering over an enemy and flholdibg my primary lol

How much toughness is needed for Torment 6? I'm playing T2 with 4m toughness and 650k dps and dying preety a lot because of Arcane and all these shit Elies spamming

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
is that treasure goblin ring actually worth it? it seems to take forever to get 12 whites.

I had a level 60 one that I used in the weeks before RoS released. I ended up ditching it because I had no whites to craft anything with lmao.

I figure it's not actually worth it since it doesn't really have a much better chance at spitting out a legendary vs just killing stuff.

But it's great if you need more yellows for mats.

How much toughness is needed for Torment 6? I'm playing T2 with 4m toughness and 650k dps and dying preety a lot because of Arcane and all these shit Elies spamming

You should probably be doing T1 unless you're farming legendary crafting mats, it'll go faster. T6 I'd say you probably need at least 1.2k all res rather than high toughness, as well as really reliable healing, so a ton of healing per resource spent and a WHOLE LOT of killing power.

scy

I have ~21k Armor and ~1200 All Resists with 300k Health and I can tank well enough in T6 but not long enough for the DPS of the people I know to kill them before my sustain can't keep up. But that's with me not in a super optimized tank setup but it's probably still slow of a clear speed to care to do right now.

FeD.nL

There is a bug with Skycutter where the summoned Angel doesn't attack when a follower has the weapon, my templar has it equipped currently because I don't seem to get a socket reroll on the sword. I hate the mystic so much, wouldn't surprise me if she's turns into Diablo next exp...

Ashodin

I have ~21k Armor and ~1200 All Resists with 300k Health and I can tank well enough in T6 but not long enough for the DPS of the people I know to kill them before my sustain can't keep up. But that's with me not in a super optimized tank setup but it's probably still slow of a clear speed to care to do right now.
Crusaders are already ready for t6, we're just waiting for other classes to catch up ;)

ViviOggi

gaf help

I have no clue how to build this crusader after the patch, starting out from scratch with gear (all i've got is those chance to do 1000 percent thorns dmg on getting hit bracers from caches and the thorns set helmet, nothing else)

I'm looking for a fun to play build to work my way up to t1 (and be decent to run t1 once i get some items) , a build that doesn't rely on specific legendary passives (so not like cindercloak or mirrorball based builds for dh or wiz)

I'm pretty happy with my lightning build at the moment. Doesn't require any crazy legendaries, just roll some lightning/Fist of the Heavens damage on your rares and you should be good to go.

I'm also open for suggestions, haven't put much thought into the passives for example.

Kyoufu

You know, the drop rates in rifts are still garbage. :(

There is a bug with Skycutter where the summoned Angel doesn't attack when a follower has the weapon, my templar has it equipped currently because I don't seem to get a socket reroll on the sword. I hate the mystic so much, wouldn't surprise me if she's turns into Diablo next exp...

Kadala is going to turn into Diablo next.

And I'm going to enjoy slaying her.

Takuan

I have a Crusader Shield in my stash that, with a 10% Crit Chance roll, will be a fairly decent Damage and Toughness upgrade. Nothing massive but it'll be nice.

It has like 31 possible rolls so I'll probably just forget about it.

You seem to be Crusader expert 'round these parts, so tell me: WTF do I do with this?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Derelicte-1547/hero/43569823

I followed your advice and swapped some Rubies out in favor of Diamonds. I didn't have the cash to unsocket all of them but I'm doing well in T1 rifts without sacrificing too much damage (I have a bit more than 800K sheet dmg, buffed). As you can see, I'm trying to force a lightning build of sorts as I really enjoy FoH, and I'm currently dumping all of my shards into 1H in hopes of getting a Darklight Flail. I only run Steed Charge for Bounties, otherwise I run Akrat.

I do have +lightning dmg gear (+17% bracers and +15% Rondal's), but I like the Wrath replenish on Reaper's and my toughness drops significantly with Rondal's equipped. I also have a Halcyon's Amulet that has Vit as the primary stat that I use for fun that I've yet to re-roll.

What's a more efficient build based on my current gear?

ViviOggi

You seem to be Crusader expert 'round these parts, so tell me: WTF do I do with this?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Derelicte-1547/hero/43569823

I followed your advice and swapped some Rubies out in favor of Diamonds. I didn't have the cash to unsocket all of them but I'm doing well in T1 rifts without sacrificing too much damage (I have a bit more than 800K sheet dmg, buffed). As you can see, I'm trying to force a lightning build of sorts as I really enjoy FoH, and I'm currently dumping all of my shards into 1H in hopes of getting a Darklight Flail. I only run Steed Charge for Bounties, otherwise I run Akrat.

I do have +lightning dmg gear (+17% bracers and +15% Rondal's), but I like the Wrath replenish on Reaper's and my toughness drops significantly with Rondal's equipped. I also have a Halcyon's Amulet that has Vit as the primary stat that I use for fun that I've yet to re-roll.

What's a more efficient build based on my current gear?

No Akarat?????????????

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The only stat thats more useless than sheet damage is sheet toughness.

Sheet toughness factors in block chance and amount somehow. Whatever it's doing, it must be using a really small incoming damage amount in its estimation. I completely ignore block and dodge and just use armor + all resist to get the mitigation multiplier. I find 10x eHP to be a bit more intuitive than 90% damage reduction.

Been playing quite a bit of RoS. I'm pretty sure RNGeezus just hates me more than anyone.

Kadala has not dropped any legendaries for me at all. She just takes all my shards and laughs in my face.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Sheet healing man.

Sheet healing doesn't even factor health per resource spent whyyyyyy. Pretty sure all it counts is life on hit, life on KILL and life per second.

Toughness is weird because vit and life% inflate it way higher than all res does, making you think you have respectable levels of toughness when it is in fact shit.

I wish there was a way to get accurate numbers out of this game. All I feel it does is lie to you and then you end up making bad decisions to boost your sheet dps but every time you do something that would actually boost your dps more (like taking %elemental damage / %skill damage) your sheet dps goes down so you're left wondering if it was an upgrade or not even though the numbers look higher it doesn't feel very conclusive.

Honestly the only thing I find sheet dps useful for is determining whether or not a weapon is an upgrade or not. Even that can be tricky though.

MegaPanda

Is there any sort of consensus on which follower is most useful?

I would love to see some arguments against the Enchantress. Disorient is a 2 second disable on a 6 second cd. Mass Control and Charm are on an 18 second cd, but disable for 5 and 8 seconds respectively. Combine that with 1-2 CC skills of your own and mobs can't do much. I've put some cd reduction gear on her but I never actually tested to see if it works.

Also, 6% less damage from range attacks is nice

Atlantis

Is there any sort of consensus on which follower is most useful?

For me on my WD it depends on my spec. Normally I run with the Scoundrel since my build currently benefits more from Critical Hit chance, but when I switch to Firebats/Fetish, I like to use the Enchantress for extra attack speed.

For survivability, Templar.

Tom Penny

The only stat thats more useless than sheet damage is sheet toughness.

But love how much toughness I gain from useless dodge passive on my Monk !!! I wish they would make resolve useful even if it's 10% reduction from elemental damage elites cast. It doesn't help against the stuff that actually kills you. Same for dodge.

ViviOggi

But love how much toughness I gain from useless dodge passive on my Monk !!! I wish they would make resolve useful even if it's 10% reduction from elemental damage elites cast. It doesn't help against the stuff that actually kills you. Same for dodge.

My bad, you actually said that already. I just read the first lines and clicked the link.

Kyoufu

I think my point still remains valid. It hasn't even been a day yet.

I don't really care. I've gone long enough without drops that Blizzard gives me pity legendaries after 4 rifts without anything. Not even soul drops!

And Kadala isn't faring much better either.

Kawl_USC

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kawl-1313/hero/45037498

So I had a Maximus drop today so I retooled my setup to be based around fire damage and think I've managed to actually to put together a semi respectable build that I have fun playing with at least.

Any knowledgeable crusader have any recommended tips? I also spent a little bit of time re rolling some stats on most of my gear, but I think I may have made a mistake by sticking with the socket on my helm. I feel like the %Life just further inflates my toughness and I feel like I'm really lagging behind in the damage.

Although when the Maximus demon procs the fire chains do so much sweet sweet damage especially on huge packs of normals.

Dahbomb

I've run like 11-12 rifts with the hotfix. The leg drop rates inside rifts isn't drastically different than before. I go on streaks both hot and bad, just like before. The biggest difference is kadala is a lot more generous now. You should be running difficulty that takes you 5-10 mins max to clear a rift then get the shards and gamble away for things for slots you actually want upgrades in.
I disagree in that the Leg drop is substantially larger now. Before I would get 1 Legendary per 2 Rifts.. now I get 1 Rift per Legendary on average at the MINIMUM. Test in 3 sessions of 10+ Rifts each, in each session there was only 1 Rift I came out without a Legendary.

Also note that this is T2 with a 4 party which makes a difference. What also makes a difference is completing the Rift even after you killed the boss. I think half of my Legendaries came after I killed the boss.

IMO it doesn't matter how fast you are clearing a Rift, rates vary due to length of Rift and density. I have no problem spending 20+ minutes on a high density Rift, usually the rewards are there.

On the issue of money, I came into RoS with under 5 million gold and it got used up almost immediately. I realized a bit late that dumping my gold on early enchants was a waste of money (unless the enchant was easy to get) and there was a lot of trial and error early on that caused me to get a lot of gold wasted (like unsocketing items freely without regard). Now I have focused my gold sinks to upgrading gems only as this is a one time gold sink. I have 5 Royal Emeralds already, I just need two more to complete that set then I move on to Diamonds. After that is when I start enchanting my gear (I have like 5-6 Legendaries in my stash that are obvious upgrades but I need to enchant) and until then I am also stock piling on my Forgotten Souls.

To get gold I vendor my Rares. I also occasionally salvage materials for a decent yellow mat inventory. Some Legendaries require like 50 yellow mats so you need a lot of those too.

I am pretty sure there will come a break point for me where all my gems are upgraded and placed in their necessary gear slots plus most of my gear is enchanted to the right affixes outside of mix maxing (like trying to get perfect 10 crit chance on a Legendary Amulet)... at that point I will have a stock pile of gold and craft mats as well. That's also probably when I will start crafting as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom