• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwateber

I think I found the solution to my crusader single target woes. Phalanx and provoke with the bowmen and charged up runes does some ridiculous damage. I haven't felt this cheap since I was running a Maximus build

This and increased dmg to elites are some of the best mods to get as your gear starts getting decent. People only care about sheet stats though, so they seem to ignore these.

Here's an observation I had yesterday. Basically, all shoulders in this game are shit, unless they're part of a set. If you don't have a set shoulder already, getting Aughild shoulder + helm with ring of royal g is much, much better than random lego shoulder + andariels helm if you were using ring of royal already. People are obsessed by IAS + elemental + cc on andariels, I get it. However, if you can't take advantage of the proc if you're a ranged class, then do this math - 15% elite dmg + 6% cc + 15%skill + dmg reduc set mods VS 20% element + 6%cc + x%ias on Andariels + worthless bonus on your shoulder. I find Aughilds is usually the victor, and its very easy to farm the mats and make really, really nice pieces.

(remember you need to factor in your other skill/elemental bonuses)

Completely agree. I was disappointed to find out I have the lower level version of the plan. I was getting ready to craft the set.

Firemind

Shoulder for set bonus is a no brainer. Aughild's/Asheara's Shoulders are amazing especially when combined with another plus that Ring.

It's not uncommon for people to go for Aughild + Asheara or one of those plus a class set.

My long term plan is to craft Aughild shoulder + helm, Asheara gloves + bracers, obtain Blackthorne's chest belt, pants and the Cameo for the arcane immunity.

How good is the follower join proc on Asheara's set bonus? I can craft the boots too to obtain the full set bonus, but I'm pretty sure Ice Climbers is BIS.

Dahbomb

The Follower join proc is INSANE especially if you have the "Followers have all Skills" Legendaries for all 3. Plus you equip all of them with powerful Legendary procs (like Maximus) and you become a one many army.

The 4 set bonus is definitely worth getting, I would even get it over Ice Climbers (if it's trading Immobilize immunity for the 4 set bonus). Of course this is assuming your Followers are decked out appropriately.

LCGeek

formerly sane
My long term plan is to craft Aughild shoulder + helm, Asheara gloves + bracers, obtain Blackthorne's chest belt, pants and the Cameo for the arcane immunity.

How good is the follower join proc on Asheara's set bonus? I can craft the boots too to obtain the full set bonus, but I'm pretty sure Ice Climbers is BIS.

Been using it for about a 2 weeks and would say it's pretty damn good. Make sure your follower's got the gear or it won't mean much.

V_Arnold

I would not want to confirm this or speculate too much, but I *THINK* that when the Asherea proc summons your follower, they not only retain their gear and damage and skills, BUT they also gain your crit damage bonus like all other summoned beings.

My basis for this? I have seen summoned followers RAVAGE elites, sometimes taking off more than quarter HP's by a single (yellow) hit. I am not 100% sure because those could have been a stack of Arcane Mines (they have similar power for hard hitting :p), but I could swear that I have seen this happen without loose mines laying around.

scy

They're basically always around when you're actually fighting. I have all three of the "All Skills" Relics so I get a lot of small passive buffs just by having them around. Plus, they're actually fairly well geared so they add a decent amount of damage.

Firemind

This and increased dmg to elites are some of the best mods to get as your gear starts getting decent. People only care about sheet stats though, so they seem to ignore these.

Here's an observation I had yesterday. Basically, all shoulders in this game are shit, unless they're part of a set. If you don't have a set shoulder already, getting Aughild shoulder + helm with ring of royal g is much, much better than random lego shoulder + andariels helm if you were using ring of royal already. People are obsessed by IAS + elemental + cc on andariels, I get it. However, if you can't take advantage of the proc if you're a ranged class, then do this math - 15% elite dmg + 6% cc + 15%skill + dmg reduc set mods VS 20% element + 6%cc + x%ias on Andariels + worthless bonus on your shoulder. I find Aughilds is usually the victor, and its very easy to farm the mats and make really, really nice pieces.

(remember you need to factor in your other skill/elemental bonuses)

Easy to farm? I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, good sir. I've been farming four straight days for Asheara's legendary mat and it only dropped once. The bounties that have the ghost uniques are pretty damn uncommon (Festering Woods, Cemetery, Oasis). It doesn't help that the quests in the Cemetery and Oasis don't always spawn, so you're just wasting time wandering. Festering Woods has, like, one ghost unique out of 20 runs. Any other spots I'm not aware of?

scy

Easy to farm? I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, good sir. I've been farming four straight days for Asheara's legendary mat and it only dropped once. The bounties that have the ghost uniques are pretty damn uncommon (Festering Woods, Cemetery, Oasis). It doesn't help that the quests in the Cemetery and Oasis don't always spawn, so you're just wasting time wandering. Festering Woods has, like, one ghost unique out of 20 runs. Any other spots I'm not aware of?

I mean, rarity of the drop doesn't really factor into this, does it? Asheara's has a checkpoint you can utilize in the story + it's just the one guy (and maybe a few adds) so it's pretty easy to do the fight on T4-5 for the drop. For Aughild's, you just make games over and over until you see the quest. Have friends on voice chat also doing that and it goes by a lot faster.

Baliis

Tomekeeper and Archivist in Archives of Kulle also drop the Aughilds piece I believe. Four days? Are you farming on normal or something? It's like a 30+% drop rate on T1 now for crafting mats.

The mob for the Matriarch's Bones bounty in the cemetary drops it also.

Dahbomb

Pretty sure you just keep reloading games and check for the Bounties to kill the Unique mob. Play on at least T3 for good chance (just gotta kill one Purple mob, not that hard).

Firemind

Tomekeeper and Archivist in Archives of Kulle also drop the Aughilds piece I believe. Four days? Are you farming on normal or something? It's like a 30+% drop rate on T1 now for crafting mats.

Yeah, I'm playing on HC, which is why I want the Blackthorne's four set bonus in the first place. Whoever said legendary mats have the same drop rate as Death's Breath is lying. Seriously, I farmed the Asheara's mat on Master (which should make it 1/4) and I had to kill the unique 10+ times for it to drop. Not gonna try farming Aughild's mat on Master or higher, since there's no predetermined location for the unique to spawn.

V_Arnold

Asheara, sir?
A few days ago, I decided to farm the mat needed for that.
You do not need bountie, you do not need anything. You just keep reloading that one place (Dahlgur Oasis, Act2, go to the bridge, and kill the 100% spawn rated unique there. He will drop it).

After three hours of farming, I got 9 materials from him, and a random legendary. Torment 1.

scy

Well, dunno then. Matriarch's Bones + Fecklar's Ghost / Hawthorne Gable + Archivist / Tomekeeper are the bounties I look for when I reload the game. Doing this with at least one other friend makes it a fairly fast process for getting the bounty and then we can do the kill on T3+.

traveler

Not Wario
Asheara, sir?
A few days ago, I decided to farm the mat needed for that.
You do not need bountie, you do not need anything. You just keep reloading that one place (Dahlgur Oasis, Act2, go to the bridge, and kill the 100% spawn rated unique there. He will drop it).

After three hours of farming, I got 9 materials from him, and a random legendary. Torment 1.

Just some additional details for anyone considering this- do the quest on story mode for this and, after you kill the spawn, have Kulle open the aqueduct just past him. Walk in and you'll get a checkpoint from which you can easily restart and backtrack onto the bridge for access.

Tarsul

i would love to use aughild but I have a helm + chest from tal rasha. And the bracers from malthael are too good to give up, also. Doesn't matter anyway since I have yet to get the set-1 ring.... (I wear Asheara as shoulders+trousers)

I'm at a point where I feel the grind: I have so many good items but if I want to improve I need exactly a very certain kind of item that is very hard to get (soj, Tal rasha, frostburn, triumvirate) . I think I will play less and not be so driven to farm the next legendary... otherwise I might lose all the interest.

cdyhybrid

AgMZDrU.jpg

Thoughts? Trying to become the Thundergod but obviously either one will be replaced once I find a Thunderfury.

Do barbs have good lightning skills/build?

Think you need Shard of Hate to really make it ridiculous, but yeah.

Sigmaah

All I get are legendary weapon drops lmao. I want the armor!

Just got me an odyn son. Do barbs have good lightning skills/build? Got me a nice Thunderfuy and odyn son so why not put them to good use?!

Dahbomb

All I get are legendary weapon drops lmao. I want the armor!

Just got me an odyn son. Do barbs have good lightning skills/build? Got me a nice Thunderfuy and odyn son so why not put them to good use?!
Of course they do. Lightning WW is all the rage now. TF + Odyn Son combo is legit! You would then need a Thundergods Vigor Belt.

Sledge Fist WAY better than that other weapon. Just get a socket in it, remove CDR affix.

Kyoufu

My findings today. Huge damage gains from these for my lightning barb!

Still no weapon though. I have a good lightning build going which would turn me into a monster with a Thunderfury or Shard. At this rate, I don't think I'll get them for a while. I may even get my hands on the Immortal King set before either of those swords so my build may change drastically.

Athreous

It's so hard to find green stuff >_<

I'm playing with both Wizard and Crusader, but it's so hard to complete tal's set and arkhan sets >_<

ElyrionX

How are you mobile if you use magic missle, it cannot be cast while moving. What is complicated about this concept? I'm well aware of MM-conflag, it does nice DPS, but so what? Other classes deal tons of DPS WHILE MOVING. If another class is applying his DPS as he moves through mobs, he will clear the map faster than you even if he has lower DPS. I played a shitload of wizard, the abilties are cool and all, but theyre all stationary...unless you get Wand of Woh, which I never did. I have a lot of faith in that build, but I wasn't going to grind continously for 1 single legendary. My barb has SoH/TF/OS and its hillarious. Even with lower DPS I was getting faster clear times just continuously sprinting through the map while spinning. Granted that weapon combo is as hard to get as a WoW.

The dealbreaker to me with wizard is their sets. Theyre just not compelling. They all sound cool, but thats it. The other classes sets really allow for some game-changing / breaking shit. These are the items youre going to be pursuing after you hit soft-cap on gear and this was not a big enough carrot for me on Wizard.

It's funny because just one week ago everyone is saying how OP Wizard is and how weak Barbs are and now it's the Barbs who are clearing higher Torments with ease while everyone catches up.

Also, is this true about the Wizard sets? Are the other class sets really that much better?

Baleoce

iBM3oTvUa0Bnl.png

Interesting. I thought that in the Cavern's of Frost, it was a placeholder spot between either Zelusa or Chiltara, but according to this screenshot apparently not! (Chiltara is a pain in the arse to get to pop..)

Either way, it was a pretty productive day for my cold build wiz :)

Got these two:

i4zx3R9TpvPSo.png
i2d4bMwqTIxUt.png

Not perfect rolls by any means, but it meant a huge improvement for my non-sheet cold DPS.

eek5

It's funny because just one week ago everyone is saying how OP Wizard is and how weak Barbs are and now it's the Barbs who are clearing higher Torments with ease while everyone catches up.

Also, is this true about the Wizard sets? Are the other class sets really that much better?

Monk has the best sets, hands down. You'll probably be able to clear torment 10 with the lightning 6 set.

Fularu

Banned
I dislike you intensely right now...

Random drops or Kadala? All I want is just one SoJ...

Random drops

I've gotten 3 of them so far (Fire, Physical and frost)

The physical one has +30% Damage to elite, max str roll but vit. I'll probably reroll it at some point.

Bombless

It's true that being able to cast on the move is quite good. It's what pushed me towards experimenting with Strafe builds on my DH. With almost permanent strafing, standing around feels so so wrong haha.

Trickster

It's so hard to find green stuff >_<

I'm playing with both Wizard and Crusader, but it's so hard to complete tal's set and arkhan sets >_<

It's hard to just find a single piece of a set. I've played this game so much since RoS released. And I've only found 1 firebird and vyr set piece. Both of which are average set pieces that pretty much suck compared to the items I'm already using in those slots.

Dahbomb

Alright I did some Shenlong Fist set bonus tests. I know that guy who heads the Diablohub page wants some information on it.

Here's what I gathered (the math will obviously be off, can't really scientifically get values for stuff that is based on RNG):

*The actual chance of getting the fireball is fairly high. I was getting it once every 2-3 hits, I would say around 40-60% chance. I know this is a big range but the best way I describe the chance is "often enough".

However the reason that it doesn't come out as much as one would think is that it's on an internal cooldown of around 2 seconds. You can never have 2 fireballs on the screen at once for this reason.

The way I figured out that it was the internal cooldown which was limiting the proc was that I basically hit the air until I got the proc off (which usually happens immediately) and then I stopped for like 3 seconds before I started again. If you do it using this method you will realize that the actual chance is high but if you keep attacking you won't get it again until like 6-7 attacks due to the internal cooldown.

*The fireball pierces (will never stop going, goes through everything) and is able to crit which scales off of your own values. It's doing around 5 times the damage of your basic auto attack (I used a skill that was 109% weapon damage) so somewhere around 450-500% weapon damage is my guess. The range is good but it's very narrow. The fireball will also proc even if you aren't hitting an enemy so you can use it as a pseudo ranged attack but it will come out at specific intervals due to internal cooldown.

Basically if you are critting for 500K damage (unbuffed by any other source like skill damage or element) then the fireball will crit for 2.5 million. It's a very solid off sheet DPS boost but it's really only good against single targets, AOE is pretty meh.

*The damage of the fireball does not seem to be boosted by any element from what I could tell. I tried 4 different element amulets of around the same dexterity/crit damage so that the value wouldn't be altered that much and it was doing the same damage as all.

Didn't really check if attack speed impacts the speed of the fireball or if it does more damage if you have more attack speed (some skills like Backlash scale off of attack speed).

Not sure how much of this is old or new information. I would imagine that most of this is known and people would just want confirmation about what has changed from the original proc (if there is any change at all).

Monk has the best sets, hands down. You'll probably be able to clear torment 10 with the lightning 6 set.
Troll post?

Troll post.

rando14

It's hard to just find a single piece of a set. I've played this game so much since RoS released. And I've only found 1 firebird and vyr set piece. Both of which are average set pieces that pretty much suck compared to the items I'm already using in those slots.

Only set pieces I get are Blackthorn

D3 gods hate me

Athreous

Yeah it really is! =D

I'm playing since release and I got just a tals belt with my wizard, and 2 parts (that are horrible rolls) with my crusader...

Yesterday I played 12 hours straight and I just got an upgrade for my wizard through the Kadala Gamble, which was a Mirrorball with good dps/stats and 2 missiles bonus...

But 12 hours was too much for me... so I'm taking a break from the game this week... Playing some offline games such as FF X HD Remake on PS3 and Infamous second son on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom