• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 rifts in a row followed by 500 shards with no legendaries.

This is why I don't want to play anymore...

Anyone in denial that there's been a huge stealth nerf to the loot is crazy...

I just don't understand why the dev team holds out on the loot.

I've spent over 25k shards and 300 paragon levels looking for a kridershot and still can't get one.

I've completed like 3 blackthornes sets but only found two pieces to the Marauder set..

I can speed farm normal with a strafe build and get 1-2 legs an hour.. I can speed farm solo T3 and get 1-2 legs per hour.

It's really... ridiculous. I'll be moving on to another game soon.

that feeling when you get a legendary, and it's so trash that you accidentally sell it instead of salvaging because you forgot it even dropped

A lot of legs are trash.. but theres a ton that are still complete game changers..

They are just so insanely rare the motivation to keep grinding for them is so low.

It's a single player game... why do we have a global item distribution still?

Artanisix

I just don't understand why the dev team holds out on the loot.

I've spent over 25k shards and 300 paragon levels looking for a kridershot and still can't get one.

I've completed like 3 blackthornes sets but only found two pieces to the Marauder set..

I can speed farm normal with a strafe build and get 1-2 legs an hour.. I can speed farm solo T3 and get 1-2 legs per hour.

You're delusional, it's called rng. I have full IK set, full earth set, and almost full raekor set within like 2-3 weeks of play.

On the other hand, I'm still looking for Shard of Hate and Thunderfury.

BigDug13

Am I wrong in feeling like I find more legendaries solo? Found 2 legendaries just doing 1 set of 5 bounties solo, then proceeded to spend the next couple hours in groups doing rifts for no drops.

Dahbomb

If you are getting 1-2 Legendaries in T3 Rift groups per hour then I don't know what to say. Rate has generally been higher for me in T3, a bit over 1 Legendary per Rift.

Legendary and Sets distribution is kinda lame though especially in a BoA game. Instead of having blatantly good Legendaries and blatantly terrible Legendaries they should've gone for a better middle ground.

On one hand you have stuff like Thunderfury, Odyn Son and Shard of Hate... on the other you have crap like Logan Claw and the new Echoing Fury. Or Crudest Boots compared to Ice Climbers.

You're delusional, it's called rng. I have full IK set, full earth set, and almost full raekor set within like 2-3 weeks of play.

I am sure I've put in more hours than you... my DH was in the top 100 for a while on D progress but I've hit an absolute wall.

It's not delusional.. I understand completely how RNG works... the problem is why are you rewarded with all that you have yet I am rewarded so little for what I've done?

Does that make the game more fun somehow? Does that make sense in a game that doesn't allow trading or have an economy to have random item distribution between the population?

Do you even hear what you are saying?

scy

yo scy just got the sickest combo

7YCAchC.jpg

285% as Physical Avatars for every dude that dies? Not bad. That'll go nicely with my:

Now if only my Physical Haunt of Vaxo wasn't DEX for some bizarre reason.

I think I get 1 every 2 hours. Sometimes 2 if I'm lucky. And my last 2 were both staves (lol). 0 legs in the last 1250 shards. I can't put up with RNG anymore. I'm about to salvage everything I'm wearing. Just starting to get more frustrating than fun.

ElyrionX

If you are getting 1-2 Legendaries in T3 Rift groups per hour then I don't know what to say. Rate has generally been higher for me in T3, a bit over 1 Legendary per Rift.

Legendary and Sets distribution is kinda lame though especially in a BoA game. Instead of having blatantly good Legendaries and blatantly terrible Legendaries they should've gone for a better middle ground.

On one hand you have stuff like Thunderfury, Odyn Son and Shard of Hate... on the other you have crap like Logan Claw and the new Echoing Fury. Or Crudest Boots compared to Ice Climbers.

Just over 1 leg per Rift is probably the average for me as well.

If anything, that makes me want to stop playing even more. The game seems to give some people a shit ton more than others. Yeah, it's all luck, but the unlucky ones feel like shit with no silver lining in site.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Over how many rifts are you guys pulling that number? There are plenty of times I'll go three rifts in a row without seeing a single legendary.

Dahbomb

285% as Physical Avatars for every dude that dies? Not bad. That'll go nicely with my:

Now if only my Physical Haunt of Vaxo wasn't DEX for some bizarre reason.
Watch when you try out the new Phalanx build with that weapon and then you go back to Shard of Hate because it's just too good.

Over how many rifts are you guys pulling that number? There are plenty of times I'll go three rifts in a row without seeing a single legendary.
I don't think I have gone 3 in a row Rifts without getting a Legendary post patch. Sometimes I don't get a Legendary on a Rift (maybe even two) but then there's a Rift where I can get 3 in one Rift. So it averages out the same.

I normally have a session of about 6-8 Rifts with 2-3 sessions a day. I would document and post pics of my drops but then people would get mad that I am showing off or whatever. I don't consider myself particularly lucky but I don't consider myself unlucky either.

That number also goes higher when you consider the Legendaries you get from the Shards after completing Rifts. Not sure how people would want to factor that in to Legendary per hour rate.

scy

I am sure I've put in more hours than you... my DH was in the top 100 for a while on D progress but I've hit an absolute wall.

It's not delusional.. I understand completely how RNG works... the problem is why are you rewarded with all that you have yet I am rewarded so little for what I've done?

Does that make the game more fun somehow? Does that make sense in a game that doesn't allow trading or have an economy to have random item distribution between the population?

So ... you want time investment to be less random in your rewards? I dunno. Sounds possibly boring if it was purely static. I get you, though. I mean, I have 30k shards dumped so far and that Baleful is the first decent 2Her she's given me. Meanwhile, my Wizard has gambled Mirrorballs and Magefists. I have a friend who went from nothing to Cindercoat / Magefist / Stone of Jordan in a few hours.

I think a lot of problems in general would be fixed with just less shit tier Legendaries.

Watch when you try out the new Phalanx build with that weapon and then you go back to Shard of Hate because it's just too good.

Probably. I have to craft some other stuff to fix up the build (Captain Crimson with Phalanx + Punish Belt, Asheara's Pants with Punish too probably) and then figure out what Helm I'll use for it. The biggest issue so far is I'd really lack +Physical Damage. Like, I have no SoJ so none from my Ring, my Amulet is Moonlight Ward currently so none there, I don't have a Physical Andariel's, etc. so it'll probably just be the 20% Bracers? Meh. That's the biggest downside so far.

Well, that and it's based around AC (and even Phalanx Bowmen) uptime which takes a lot more CDR than I have. Like, a lot more.

Tonight was the best loot I ever have got. I found a new legendary ring. Noticed I might have enough stuff to craft my first legendary. Needed some items for salvaging. So I gambled a ton if items and got a legendary mojo. Then crafted the legendary. Rerolled once and got crit damage. Played an extra 3 hours after! Love this game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think a lot of problems in general would be fixed with just less shit tier Legendaries.

Yep.

Honestly, just get rid of the shitty legendaries that are nothing but rare items with slightly higher stat rolls.

Put all of the crafting nonsense in its own separate pool. Don't make some bullshit recipe count as your legendary drop.

dengatron

i've gotten 3 pairs of magefists and 19 pairs of swampland waders with bola damage on them from kadala. you guys just dont know how to treat her.

Dahbomb

Less shit tier Legendaries and less shit tier crafted Legendaries. Also not have every set piece be a god damn Blackthorne. If I hadn't salvaged my Blackthornes I would've had the set 3 times already (just have one set now).

It's a travesty that some Legendaries went into RoS from Vanilla completely untouched while others got big changes.

i've gotten 3 pairs of magefists and 19 pairs of swampland waders with bola damage on them from kadala. you guys just dont know how to treat her.
Some pro tips for gambling:

If you want a Cindercoat and you are using a Demon Hunter... DO NOT spend your Shards as a DH to gamble on a Chest. Switch to your LVL70 Monk and then gamble for the Cindercoat. That's how I got mine. This is because for a DH you are likely to get some of the DH exclusive Cloaks which compete for the Cindercoat.

On the flip side... if you are a Monk and you want to get an Andariels then do not waste your shards as a Monk... switch over to the DH to use your shards. That is because the Monk has numerous Spirit Stones that compete for that slot.

scy

Blackthorne isn't a bad set if it had better rolls available to it. Even then, the set bonuses probably more than make up for it in the end. Well, for a few slots anyway (Chest, Belt, Boots).

Yep.

Honestly, just get rid of the shitty legendaries that are nothing but rare items with slightly higher stat rolls.

Put all of the crafting nonsense in its own separate pool. Don't make some bullshit recipe count as your legendary drop.

I feel like some of the "rare but with higher stats" are fine. Just as a baseline "well, at least you have those."

Problem is we have the crafted ones as that. And then half the Legendaries in the game on top of that are just that. Then you have the Legendaries with "unique" affixes that are pretty shitty like Movement Speed on a Weapon or LoH on a slot with better Primaries.

And then, on top of that, many of those "unique" affixes actually take a Primary slot.

da bola chakram build is real tho

LCGeek

formerly sane

This is a pet peeve of mine.

Plans should not count as legendaries had one friend who had a night of mostly this and shit rolls that some of his yellows could beat out.

Artanisix

I'm at over 850 hours played total, with nearly 300 of those on my Barbarian.

Who cares if your DH was top 100...? If anything, that implies your RNG for item drops has been vastly superior to many others -- so why are you complaining?

You're whining that loot drops have somehow been nerfed. It's RNG. It's streaky as hell. Yes it's fun, that's the point of the game.

I'm at over 850 hours played total, with nearly 300 of those on my Barbarian.

Who cares if your DH was top 100...? If anything, that implies your RNG for item drops has been vastly superior to many others -- so why are you complaining?

You're whining that loot drops have somehow been nerfed. It's RNG. It's streaky as hell. Yes it's fun, that's the point of the game.

You are the problem with this game.

It's like you are a perfect avatar of the official forums.

Diablo 3 Buzzwords of the year

RNG
MULTIPLICATIVE

and everyones favorite phrase

"Do you want everything handed to you so you can faceroll t6 after 3 weeks?"

LCGeek

formerly sane

I chime in at my own detriment but considering his own points on top of shit rng, I think the post should highlight RNG needs balancing. I only can do so much with 5 thunderfuries at this point.

Extremes aren't preferred to balance. In light of rng and trading they have made the experience worse in some places for people.

Instro

Yep.

I thought they said that crafting related stuff does not count, or has something changed recently?

Dahbomb

I have nothing against Blackthornes (I think it's an excellent hardcore set) it's just that it drops way too commonly compared to the class sets. If I see a green chest I automatically assume it's a Blackthorne.

Crafting mats don't count as your "pity" Legendary drop. Plans probably do but you honestly want your plans dropped sooner than later anyway to complete them and get them out of the way.

They shouldn't remove the shitty Legendaries, they should just add interesting secondary affixes. Like the Demon Claw you craft looks amazing visually but it's a generic as fuck weapon. If the secondary effect was something like "Reduce resource cost of Physical skills by 20%" then that item would at least be thought about.

I think this legendary timer thing has much more effect on the drops than anything else.

Sure.. RNG is present but the game simply won't let you surpass a certain number of legs per hour no matter how efficient you are at facerolling mobs.

And also, I geared my characters mostly off abusing the core of arreat runs over a 4 day period with a group of 4 and then manglemaw after.

I believe purple mobs and chests weren't affected by this legednary timer and were put in the game as "bonuses" and now that people exploited them... blizzard simply removed them.

Well.... figured it would look something like this.

C5D8xdD.png

No way in hell that thing could be viable unless area dmg rolled as INT instead. Then I could reroll the useless attack speed. The 20% arcane would be based on much lower dmg due to the loss of int. Not sure that's worth the vitality hit.

Great potential for speed clearing T1 I guess....

Dark_castle

I would not want to confirm this or speculate too much, but I *THINK* that when the Asherea proc summons your follower, they not only retain their gear and damage and skills, BUT they also gain your crit damage bonus like all other summoned beings.

My basis for this? I have seen summoned followers RAVAGE elites, sometimes taking off more than quarter HP's by a single (yellow) hit. I am not 100% sure because those could have been a stack of Arcane Mines (they have similar power for hard hitting :p), but I could swear that I have seen this happen without loose mines laying around.

Question. Does the proc work in multiplayer mode?

scy

I mean, if the IAS% is that bad then reroll it off for near 100% Crit Damage. Area Damage is still adding an effective +9% Damage as AoE. I just swapped a similar Amulet (albeit as a Rare; 14% Element, 624 STR, 62% CHD, 10% CC) for my Moonlight Ward (5% IAS, 97% CHD, 6.5% CC) and it's a pretty big upgrade in general.

Also, losing 700 INT isn't that big of a deal. Going from, what 8500 to 7800 or so? Not even a 10% drop.

Question. Does the proc work in multiplayer mode?

Yes. Their buffs, however, only work on the player they belong to. You can have all four players in the game with their followers out, however.

Great pickups tonight! The sword is a real game changer for my holy build. I'm sitting at 34% cooldown reduction and looking for other places to stack it.

TJhGJ4u.jpg

izuWgHj.jpg

hRGlkuy.jpg

OtgGgg8.jpg

I1MB1FE.jpg

Some items you get might be better suited for another class or a different build. An Arcane Torrent Wizard for example would still love that item.

I'm disintegrate just due to preference, but it's still a "stand still" type build. The loss in survivability hardly seems worth it. It would at least be lessened somewhat if it had INT instead of attack speed. Oh well...

zon

Are there any tricks I can do to nudge the game into dropping a certain type of item (1h weapons in this case) more often? My barb needs better weapons D:

I got 4 legs in over 15 T3 rifts today. Not cool.

It's hilarious to me really. Someone must have really screwed up the other night.. .because immediately after that "hotfix" went live everyone in my clan was blowing the chat up with found items. We were finding 1-2 per rift... for at least 5 hours.

Next day? It started to dwindle... and now tonight?

I am running T2's in a 140% MF Set with c ains and I am finding one leg per three rifts consistently.. aka 1 / hour.

Totakeke

Oh how far we've gotten since people jumped on me pre-RoS 2.0 when I said some legendaries were worse than rares (they could roll lower, but also higher, than rares) and they should be taken out. Now people are saying that legendaries that definitely roll higher amounts than rares should be taken out.

I'm on the side that thinks the system is fine. Without trading, no one should be hoping that they get that one single item that they want just by playing more. Just face it that the single item you want may never drop and that's the nature of the game.

I wish drop rate is even across the board for legendaries.

I see magefists drop daily many times in clan. Great fucking gloves, BiS in most builds.

And then theres frostburn... where the fuck is it?

Dark_castle

Ah okay, looks like I need to hunt down those Ashera sets now, since I do own the "access to all skills" relic for all my followers.

On a separate note, is Odyn Son good even for non-lightning build? I'm currently using a Azurewrath just for its freeze proc, don't feel like going back to Serpent (dual Hydra). The downside is, Odyn Son has slow AS.

scy

Oh how far we've gotten since people jumped on me pre-RoS 2.0 when I said some legendaries were worse than rares (they could roll lower, but also higher, than rares) and they should be taken out. Now people are saying that legendaries that definitely roll higher amounts than rares should be taken out.

I'm on the side that thinks the system is fine. Without trading, no one should be hoping that they get that one single item that they want just by playing more. Just face it that the single item you want may never drop and that's the nature of the game.

There's just no reason to have this many boring Legendaries in the game. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom