• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Everyone always talking about TF or Shard of Hate but why is no one excited for this weapon? I don't have TF but I think this is massive increase in dmg over a TF.

Because the TF / SoH proc just does more damage than that. It's basically a better Elemental Skill% affix but limited to Elites.

Edit: Just to clarify, that's still damn good but it's just not damn good enough to outweigh the current strength of adding an extra 2-300%+ Weapon Damage proc whenever you do something.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So can I just warp to the maps and open up my map and see them if they dropped? The map doesn't have to be revealed by me first right?

Nope. It can be completely dark and you'll still see the orange star if your buddy opened a chest or something.

First time i'm seeing this one, looks like a really good end-game weapon and i would probably use it even i had TF or SoH, 30% to elite is HUGE.

Sun Keeper is awesome and I was CRUSHED when the one that I had drop rolled 1900 dps and no main stat/no socket. Item is nuttersbutters good.

joesmokey

Isn't the movement speed cap 25% as is?
With Irontoe, you can gain up to 27% extra movespeed based on how much life is taken. That goes beyond the 25% cap. Illusionist skill (if used) stacks with that as well, giving you even more after using teleport. However, some mobs will go just whatever speed you're going even if it is a ridiculous percentage.

Realyn

Started playing RoS on sunday and found my frist true end game item I believe. Out of the ~10-15 lvl 70 uniques I also got the shrine gloves. Let the swapping begin.

HioEe3R.jpg

Grampasso

Wow, you either don't play much or have incredibly bad luck.
I'm in the same ballpark. Been farming T1 for 2 weeks and T2 for 1 week now, all I had for my DH was a pair of gloves for shadow set (so no Marauder's) and... IK gloves -___-
The only way I feel I can progress now is finding proper set pieces and upping elites/fire dmg (well... a kridershot would help as well)

Robin64

This is quite an interesting look at the item quality Kadala hands out, based on the many thousands of items submitted via Diablofans forum. Quiver seems unusually high, but I would wager it just needs more data as the ones submitted have been exceptionally lucky.

cPh5CGE.jpg

kirblar

Quiver/Mojo being set to a better ratio would kind of make sense, given how anonying they are to farm up in general unless you have the appropriate recipe.

J2d

Was a bit miffed when a odyn son with only 1900dps dropped but then I got a shard of hate later on. Question though as I don't want to do anything stupid, as a lightning barb the thing to enchant is fire damage to lightning damage right?

ScreenShot2014-04-15at110533_zps2f7eb695.png

Oh and he's not just the dullest character ever, he's also a backstabbing bastard ;P

ScreenShot2014-04-14at143020_zps81b10555.png

eek5

rofl @ the amulets. 20 shards a piece QQ

Everyone always talking about TF or Shard of Hate but why is no one excited for this weapon? I don't have TF but I think this is massive increase in dmg over a TF.

8VN530f.jpg

I think the biggest diff is a SoH boosts barb dps by like 300-400% against everything. The SK boosts by 30% to elites only. Plus you can always have both. lol

Started playing RoS on sunday and found my frist true end game item I believe. Out of the ~10-15 lvl 70 uniques I also got the shrine gloves. Let the swapping begin.

HioEe3R.jpg
I have something very similar, albeit I got mine from Kadala.

Has perfect rolls on aspd, cd and cc with 618 int. Only had to re-roll the aspd from 5.5 - 6 with one death's breath.

So yeah, check all your yellow shit from Kadala, occasionally she can drop something extremely good that requires minimum work to make it near perfect.

Didn't get much today, only some Inna's Pants that were pretty poor because Paragon points and the way 4/2 interacts with One With Everything make it's fixed itemization just terrible.

At least I got the transmog so I am slowly returning my Monk back to the prepatch looks.

edit: and then I get a GNK with crit baked into it so I can go crit,dex,LTK, and spirit regen. Hot.

Nymerio

I've been leveling my Witch Doctor through adventure mode and I'm now level 65ish. Can a WD player give me some pointers on how to play the class? What skills have good synergies, what passives are good? I like having lots of minions so I took the Fetish Sycophants passive and try to use as many of the physical realm spells as possible to spawn sycophants. I'm using something like this currently: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SRYhlT!VSd!bcYcZZ

What type of stats should be I be looking for in my items?

Svafnir

I feel like I am going crazy. So there is the moon clan in Diablo 3 and these monsters exist with various skin variants.

But I have never ever seen "ice clan" and I googled it quickly and did not find it.

Has anyone seen Ice Clan Warriors before? After over 1000 hours of Diablo 3, I saw these guys in a rift and I can't recognize them. Do I just need sleep?

b1lv2vd.jpg

desverger

I feel like I am going crazy. So there is the moon clan in Diablo 3 and these monsters exist with various skin variants.

But I have never ever seen "ice clan" and I googled it quickly and did not find it.

Has anyone seen Ice Clan Warriors before? After over 1000 hours of Diablo 3, I saw these guys in a rift and I can't recognize them. Do I just need sleep?

I was in a cow rift yesterday. True story!

Svafnir

Its the repetition, honestly I was expecting way more for a full price expansion.

Diablo 3 got a lot of updates after launch. I imagine Reaper of Souls will get even more.

We already know we are getting ladders (Seasons) and tiered endless rifts with a leaderboard. Plus they stated they will be introducing new items and other things. I am hoping for news soon.

Realyn

Diablo 3 got a lot of updates after launch. I imagine Reaper of Souls will get even more.

We already know we are getting ladders (Seasons) and tiered endless rifts with a leaderboard. Plus they stated they will be introducing new items and other things. I am hoping for news soon.

To be fair, with D3 release they also said that we would get real PvP soon™. So there's that.

Svafnir

To be fair, with D3 release they also said that we would get real PvP soon™. So there's that.

They said they had plans for it, this time it seems like they are actually working on ladders and tiered rifts. I can't see them going back on it again

V_Arnold

There is that? They provided info on why they did not implement the PVP they envisioned. It clashed wildly with their damage/health system, and would needed to rework everything from scratch (maintaining basically two skillsets/metagames), and that is just not going to be a good Diablo-experience.

There is that, and there is following the strong vision of what their endgame plans are with ROS. One is asking the devs to rething everything they have done so far, other is devs continuing on their path.

Trickster

They said they had plans for it, this time it seems like they are actually working on ladders and tiered rifts. I can't see them going back on it again

Eeeeh, they did quite a lot more than that. They showed off working arena multiplayer before the game released. And promised it would be in the game before the end of 2012

Finally uninstalled this game and hope this will prevent me from coming back.

I must have the single worst drop luck of anyone on GAF, potentially the fucking world. At some point I just have to admit I'm wasting too many hours playing this game. I'm also growing more and more jaded looking at the fantastic drops everyone gets who's in a party with me. Now these last ~150 or so Act1 bounty runs without a single ring dropping are just another punch in the gut.

It's like you'd hope at some point it evens out and you're on the receiving end. But if that doesn't happen for basically 20 days... /rant

Ohnonono

Sooooo... Still never getting any plan drops. I have all the mats for the items that I want to craft and never get fucking plan drops ever. I don't have bad loot luck or anything. shit gamble lady gave me a Thunderfury last night but I am a crusader and would have to keep re-rolling the damage to holy to even use it (knowing that I can craft an item that would replace it immediately if i could get a plan to drop.) I am in great shape but I want to craft more shit. here is my toon. He is rad.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fizlah-1379/hero/43879354

I've been leveling my Witch Doctor through adventure mode and I'm now level 65ish. Can a WD player give me some pointers on how to play the class? What skills have good synergies, what passives are good? I like having lots of minions so I took the Fetish Sycophants passive and try to use as many of the physical realm spells as possible to spawn sycophants. I'm using something like this currently: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SRYhlT!VSd!bcYcZZ

What type of stats should be I be looking for in my items?

This is the skillset I run with on hardcore.

Screenshot042.jpg

The most important synergy here is between Fetish Sycophants, Firebats and Pierce the Veil. Firebats is without a doubt the best ability for spawning fetishes. With the Vampire Bats rune it doesn't cost any mana to channel, only when you start casting it. With Piranhas being the only other active ability used a lot (for the 15% increased damage), this allows me to use Pierce the Veil without running out of mana. Grave Injustice is possibly the best passive ability in the game, no matter what class, and should be used by every WD build unless you run without a single ability on a cooldown. Spirit Vessel is a necessity on hardcore, but can easily be replaced on softcore. Spirit Walk is another necessity on hardcore, but is an excellent ability even in softcore, because of the mobility, survivability and utility it provides. I use the Honored Guest rune for the extra mana those times I need it.

As for items, you want the same as almost every other class basically. Int and trifecta (AS, CC, CHD). Some specific items, if you want to run pet based builds (which is the best atm, expect a nerf some time soon), are Mask of Jeram, Tasker and Theo, Starmetal Kukri, and the 4 set bonus of Zunimassa's Haunt.

DSmalls84

I don't think I'm going to be able to go back to 2 hander on my Crusader unless I find a Blade of Prophecy or build changing item. Switching to Sky Cutter and getting 24% movement speed back makes the game much more enjoyable. Crusader feels less like a plodding tank.

GorillaJu

Finally uninstalled this game and hope this will prevent me from coming back.

I must have the single worst drop luck of anyone on GAF, potentially the fucking world. At some point I just have to admit I'm wasting too many hours playing this game. I'm also growing more and more jaded looking at the fantastic drops everyone gets who's in a party with me. Now these last ~150 or so Act1 bounty runs without a single ring dropping are just another punch in the gut.

It's like you'd hope at some point it evens out and you're on the receiving end. But if that doesn't happen for basically 20 days... /rant

If you're actually thinking of quitting the game because your drops aren't good, then it really is for the best that you do. If you aren't having fun killing demons with your friends, then there's no point in playing.

Once you burn out on this game, all those items you spent hours farming for will be worthless to you, and if you didn't enjoy the time you spent getting them it's a true waste.

Deadly

At this point, I don't know if ladders will be that enticing. You have the general problem of the skills always being the same and the trek from 1-70 being pretty boring. I was leveling my crusader legit and by the time I got to ~40, I got really sick of it and asked my friends to plvl me instead. Going through story is shit and adventure mode at first is abit long because of the kill x monsters criteria.

GorillaJu

We'll see what they do with ladders. There's no guarantee it'll be like D2 and just an exp race. They might have specific things in mind to shake it up.

Kyoufu

Am I crazy for thinking that the items (and rolls) you get depend on your equipped gear? Like if you have lightning gear, you get more of it?

DSmalls84

Am I crazy for thinking that the items (and rolls) you get depend on your equipped gear? Like if you have lightning gear, you get more of it?

Hard to say. I have had Holy Reapers Wraps, Lightning Mara's Kaleidoscope, Fire Magefist, and multiple T Gods belts drop. I was thinking it probably has more to do with what kind of skills your class has available.

Vade

Yes, you are; with the amount of money I spent to try and get +fire on my reaper wraps and getting lightning or cold.

GorillaJu

Is there a viable barb build that focuses on Cold dmg? Would be fun to do a SOH/Azurewrath build instead of the more typical lightning WW build.

Dark_castle

MLW.jpg

Just gotten a Moonlight Ward, is it worth sacrificing fire % for its proc effect after the nerf? I am running a fire build atm. It rolls on the lower end though :|

Ohnonono

I don't think I'm going to be able to go back to 2 hander on my Crusader unless I find a Blade of Prophecy or build changing item. Switching to Sky Cutter and getting 24% movement speed back makes the game much more enjoyable. Crusader feels less like a plodding tank.

I want my Sky Cutter so bad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom