• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

You are the problem with this game.

It's like you are a perfect avatar of the official forums.

Diablo 3 Buzzwords of the year

RNG
MULTIPLICATIVE

and everyones favorite phrase

"Do you want everything handed to you so you can faceroll t6 after 3 weeks?"

Boo-hoo. Am I the peruvian to your Diablo 3? You're free to continue your silly conspiracy theories (omg blizz nerfed droprates after they said they buffed them massively!!1) as much as you'd like. Congratulations on making a droprate assessment after two days of play.

Lol noob even I have Shard of Hate. Get good, son

Nice hand-me-down from sorislut bro.

Dahbomb

I wish drop rate is even across the board for legendaries.

I see magefists drop daily many times in clan. Great fucking gloves, BiS in most builds.

And then theres frostburn... where the fuck is it?
In my inventory. Garbage rolls though. Also Frostburn only has 4 primary affixes unlike Magefist which has 5. But Frostburn does have a better secondary so I guess it balances out.

GorillaJu

Ugh, 4 hours played and only 3 legs. That's LESS than one per hour. I'm 99% certain that my client or account is broken, because this is absolutely fucking stupid and it makes me want to quit this dumb game. There is literally no point in playing Diablo if I can't get muh legs.

Honestly I thought life couldn't get any worse but well, there it is. If anyone knows a number for a suicide prevention line I'm all ears.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Ah okay, looks like I need to hunt down those Ashera sets now, since I do own the "access to all skills" relic for all my followers.

On a separate note, is Odyn Son good even for non-lightning build? I'm currently using a Azurewrath just for its freeze proc, don't feel like going back to Serpent (dual Hydra). The downside is, Odyn Son has slow AS.

Those relics are a huge help, need to get one on my scoundrel. This and even decent rares is almost at the least with straight gear another 1mil to 1.5mil in damage. Even without damage I have ess of johan on some of my followers and besides the chickens the pulls are amazing for cc.

Totakeke

Well it's just a matter of the reward rate, and most people gravitate towards the legendaries that are proven to increase their dps significantly. And there's certainly a good amount of legendaries with unique properties that doesn't do much that people won't take a second look at just because it doesn't increase your efficiency killing mobs.

Let's take away all the legendaries with no unique properties whatsoever, than lower the legendary drop rate to compensate for that so you still get the same amount of "interesting" legendaries per hour, and of course that doesn't solve anything. In the end everyone just wants their SoH, TF, Kridershots, set items, and what have you. Maybe it's less frustrating? But I'm cool with generic legs as long they can roll better stats which they actually do now.

Dahbomb

you mean the 50 pairs of crudest boots we get a day would be better off elsewhere?
I swear those pair of boots are legit troll... at least those pants that fart are a good troll (because they do SOMETHING). Crudest Boots have the most appropriate name so it has to be by design.

Oh how far we've gotten since people jumped on me pre-RoS 2.0 when I said some legendaries were worse than rares (they could roll lower, but also higher, than rares) and they should be taken out. Now people are saying that legendaries that definitely roll higher amounts than rares should be taken out.

I'm on the side that thinks the system is fine. Without trading, no one should be hoping that they get that one single item that they want just by playing more. Just face it that the single item you want may never drop and that's the nature of the game.

Just sad how far this game strayed from D2... and continues to do so.

Blizzard made everything BOA since they were taking out the AH and didn't want third party sites to replace that revenue stream.

Diablo is about leveling a character... and trying any build you want with any gear you want.

Can't find a specific piece? Find another of equal value and sell or trade for it. The best days of D2 were the SOJ Currency days... so much fun was had.

Now? I am shoehorned into a build to maximize what gear I am given instead of being able to try something else because I can't have the gear that allows a different kind of play.

My personal unicorn? A kridershot.

2000 Shards over the last 2 days and I haven't even got a legendary 2H from Kadala..

I just got my 10th balefire caster though... SWEETTTTTTTTTT

ElyrionX

Ugh, 4 hours played and only 3 legs. That's LESS than one per hour. I'm 99% certain that my client or account is broken, because this is absolutely fucking stupid and it makes me want to quit this dumb game. There is literally no point in playing Diablo if I can't get muh legs.

Honestly I thought life couldn't get any worse but well, there it is. If anyone knows a number for a suicide prevention line I'm all ears.

You have Shard of Hate. You've used up all your RNG karma for the month.

dengatron

I swear those pair of boots are legit troll... at least those pants that fart are a good troll (because they do SOMETHING). Crudest Boots have the most appropriate name so it has to be by design.

yeah. pox faulds do great damage. cruddiest boots don't do shit. you always get excited to see a pair of fire walkers or ice climbers, and then it's crudest boots. i got 2 angel hair braids in the same rift tonight. why would i even want that?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD, IGNORE THACKER

I REPEAT IGNORE THACKER

If you try to help him or argue with him he will just spiral into a hatefilled pool of obscenities and racial insults.

scy

Well it's just a matter of the reward rate, and most people gravitate towards the legendaries that are proven to increase their dps significantly. And there's certainly a good amount of legendaries with unique properties that doesn't do much that people won't take a second look at just because it doesn't increase your efficiency killing mobs.

Let's take away all the legendaries with no unique properties whatsoever, than lower the legendary drop rate to compensate for that so you still get the same amount of "interesting" legendaries per hour, and of course that doesn't solve anything. In the end everyone just wants their SoH, TF, Kridershots, set items, and what have you. Maybe it's less frustrating? But I'm cool with generic legs as long they can roll better stats which they actually do now.

I don't want to remove them from the game entirely. I want them to be made better. Maybe they'd still be unexciting due to being less efficient but at least it's not "well, it just always sucks."

Just so many items are just automatically terrible and not even worth considering.

EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD, IGNORE THACKER

I REPEAT IGNORE THACKER

If you try to help him or argue with him he will just spiral into a hatefilled pool of obscenities and racial insults.

Racial insults? Because I hated playing with Peruvians in dota and consequently quit dota until they patch in region locking?

Smh.

this is neogaf.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the fuck is going on here?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Someone is bringing Dota drama to this thread since I am flexing my opinion about how terrible the "rng" system is in this game.
DOTA seems to invade every fucking thread I go into. Please get that shit out of here, god damn.
People calm down, let's settle this with some Brawling.
How do we know who won the duel if you can't show your opponents ears?

Totakeke

I don't want to remove them from the game entirely. I want them to be made better. Maybe they'd still be unexciting due to being less efficient but at least it's not "well, it just always sucks."

Just so many items are just automatically terrible and not even worth considering.

Though that's pretty much how it is. Take for example helms, how many helms are there even worth taking a second look aside from Andariel's? They would either make other helms as good as Andariel's, or the playerbase won't even care about them. One person would then go, I've spent 50k shards on helms but I haven't gotten an Andariel! Worst game ever.

fun story..
the game think i need a belt..
in the last 10 days i've dropped
2x tgold belt (1int, 1 dex)
3 string of ears
4 hellcat waistguard
2 angel braid
2 witching hour (both without primary stat.. go figure)
1 harrington
1 shermasomething
issue is.. i'm using a dex,allress hellguard already...

game think i need a ring too apparently.. in the same timeslot i got
3 manald heal
4 stolen ring
2 oculus ring
3 bk ring
2 more crappy legendary ring
issue is.. i'm using a 400dex/6ias/5.5crit/49 crit dmg ring and a 395dex/395vit/49critdmg/5.5crit ring

fun fuct! in the meanwhile i dropped ZERO (read ZERO) weapon and if it wasn't for kadala that gave me a (REALLY) low windforce with 2469dps (2469.. on a weapon without any specific secondary effect.....) i'd still be sporting my 2403 rare bow...

so pleanse enlighten me.. because either rnJesus hate me, or the smart roll isn't really working...

scy

Though that's pretty much how it is. Take for example helms, how many helms are there even worth taking a second look aside from Andariel's? They would either make other helms as good as Andariel's, or the playerbase won't even care about them. One person would then go, I've spent 50k shards on helms but I haven't gotten an Andariel! Worst game ever.

Right. We need more variety in what's even considered BiS. Everything for Helms is put on Andariel's because Elemental Skill% and IAS% and a bonus damage proc. Given two or three other helms to compete with this, however, and things would probably improve.

ElyrionX

fun story..
the game think i need a belt..
in the last 10 days i've dropped
2x tgold belt (1int, 1 dex)
3 string of ears
4 hellcat waistguard
2 angel braid
2 witching hour (both without primary stat.. go figure)
1 harrington
1 shermasomething
issue is.. i'm using a dex,allress hellguard already...

game think i need a ring too apparently.. in the same timeslot i got
3 manald heal
4 stolen ring
2 oculus ring
3 bk ring
2 more crappy legendary ring
issue is.. i'm using a 400dex/6ias/5.5crit/49 crit dmg ring and a 395dex/395vit/49critdmg/5.5crit ring

fun fuct! in the meanwhile i dropped ZERO (read ZERO) weapon and if it wasn't for kadala that gave me a (REALLY) low windforce with 2469dps (2469.. on a weapon without any specific secondary effect.....) i'd still be sporting my 2403 rare bow...

so pleanse enlighten me.. because either rnJesus hate me, or the smart roll isn't really working...

System has to be bugged somehow. In my first two weeks of playing, something like 70% of my leg drops were bracers and I got zero chest armours for a lobg time. Since last week, I started getting a ton of chest armours suddenly though the bracer drops have kept coming as well.

ElyrionX

I just hope ladders makes things more interesting.

The human mind just cannot handle RNG.

I've put so much time into my account. I am not starting over again. If Ladder gets implemented with a whole bunch of exclusive and clearly superior legs then I will be done with the game

V_Arnold

There's just no reason to have this many boring Legendaries in the game. That's all.

Except the fact that the game would be incredibly boring and frustrating without them.
Either that or everyone would be gearing on BIS gear (percieved bis anyway) within a week.
And then people would complain about AWESOME legendaries that they still not see the value of. And then people would complain that they have an interesting legendary, and a duplicate loot dropped.

People would complain anyway. But this way, boring legendaries go to the Forgotten Soul pile. The amount of rerolling one usually has to do with legendaries, they are more than useful to me.

scy

If they do, I hope it's super duper interesting. Right now, I'm not sure I'd start over for just small stuff.

Except the fact that the game would be incredibly boring and frustrating without them.
Either that or everyone would be gearing on BIS gear (percieved bis anyway) within a week.

I never said anything about making everything drop be BiS quality. Just more things that could compete with being BiS quality. And, yes, the game needs useless legendaries for the sake of souling. It's a bit excessive at this point, however.

Totakeke

I've put so much time into my account. I am not starting over again. If Ladder gets implemented with a whole bunch of exclusive and clearly superior legs then I will be done with the game

Eh the way I see it it's just a new way for people to potentially game the system (and maybe come out with more interesting gear and skill setups). Though the guy who gets everything dropped for them will still come out on the top, it'll be nice to have a change of pace. Playing D3 to "win the game" isn't a good idea imo.

1CCTmgN.png

Ran out of souls. I think that was 14 attempts. I want higher....

I guess if I ever do decide to play my monk, this could be interesting.

desverger

Too true. It's funny, but true :p

Just look at how many people in this thread are analyzing their drops from the past few days and pulling conclusions that Blizzard has obviously implemented some sort of mechanic that identifies them personally and gives them bad drops, because they are EVIL (insert sarcastic smiley here).

I've always thought that if you go expecting something to drop, it will just make the wait more unberable. Sure, I play a DH and sure, I want a Kridershot to drop as well as any fellow DH, but.. My mind would just explode if I was "actively" looking for it. Why not just play the game instead and see where it takes you and what it gives you? Playing multiple characters is also a good remedy for "that one drop I can never get".

I'm interested to see what happens with ladders though. I hope they make them very different from the base game/experience.

Kadin

Yep that's how it's always been. Treasure goblins/chests will drop loot for everyone in the game, regardless of their location. That's why split chest farming act V for chests on t6 was so efficient and netted 6-8 legendaries per hour.
So can I just warp to the maps and open up my map and see them if they dropped? The map doesn't have to be revealed by me first right?

joesmokey

Movement speed is kind of broken in this game. What good is having gear that greatly increases your movement speed at low health when there are mobs that move solely based on whatever your current movement speed is?

For example, I can get to over 40% movement speed (probably closer to 50%+) with the Irontoe boots, however there are mobs that can move just as fast as me even at that speed (like those stalker type mobs that jump on you). Totally ruins the fun out of some of the gear perks.

1CCTmgN.png

Ran out of souls. I think that was 14 attempts. I want higher....

I guess if I ever do decide to play my monk, this could be interesting.

Works great on WW barb too. I have these on mine and without it, dmg is gimped as hell. It's crazy strong.

lG3I9TO.jpg

funny thing, from lvl 60 item to 70, hardly any difference but i'll say again, the difference it brings in dps is MASSIVE.

Got my third Thunderfury in the span of less than a week while doing split bounties on normal for rift stones.

I'm going to get hit by a bus tomorrow, aren't I?

Narag

Movement speed is kind of broken in this game. What good is having gear that greatly increases your movement speed at low health when there are mobs that move solely based on whatever your current movement speed is?

For example, I can get to over 40% movement speed (probably closer to 50%+) with the Irontoe boots, however there are mobs that can move just as fast as me even at that speed (like those stalker type mobs that jump on you). Totally ruins the fun out of some of the gear perks.

Isn't the movement speed cap 25% as is?

Got my third Thunderfury in the span of less than a week while doing split bounties on normal for rift stones.

I'm going to get hit by a bus tomorrow, aren't I?

yesterday guildie with a fucking SHIT-toon barb with like 250k dps and 4m toughness dropped in less than 1 hours
azurewrath
soh
thunderfuryx2
maximus
fulminator
odyn son
andariel
at the first drop i was.. "cool".. and the shard i was like "cmon man".. at the thunderfury i was "is this for real??" .. at maximus i was blabbering inconsistent stuff.. at fulminator i was like "curse you".. at second tf i was like "may you perish while shitting in your pants"... by the end of his "golden hour" i wasn't even talking, i was just farming like a bot in t3 rift with some friends asking myself why was i even bothering with the game at all....
sooo.. yeah i'd say you're safe, he has to be dragged by a landslide before anything happens to you...

Everyone always talking about TF or Shard of Hate but why is no one excited for this weapon? I don't have TF but I think this is massive increase in dmg over a TF.

8VN530f.jpg

Everyone always talking about TF or Shard of Hate but why is no one excited for this weapon? I don't have TF but I think this is massive increase in dmg over a TF.

8VN530f.jpg

because...
if you keep the elite dmg increased...
you'd have to reroll asp away to get the socket...
and then the raw dmg would be like 2.1k or something?
I've seen weapon with 2.4k 1h so that dps doesn't really impress me :)

plus stuff like tf or fulminator have a COOL secondary, this one? is just "plain" dmg and better roll :)

Wanchan

First time i'm seeing this one, looks like a really good end-game weapon and i would probably use it even i had TF or SoH, 30% to elite is HUGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom