• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty76

Is it worth trying to enchant the damage into crit chance/damage?

jWF7aLDoXeyqU.png

Change the LoH! Avg dmg is great

bcl0328

Is it possible to change which bonus you're enchanting once you've already started that or just to re-roll the same one over and again? I've fucked up a few items I'd like to get back. :(

you can only reroll one stat.

i had a RoRG but salvaged it because of shit rolls. plus, i don't even have one set item. this game hates me.

Erm, you can Enchant them. Of course, you can't get rid of two stats here but still.

Nope. I tried putting it into the Transmute and it said I can't.

You don't use a Cold Wizard? You can just roll the Armor into Crit chance and this becomes a very good Bracer.

I can't reroll *any* of its stats for some reason, but perhaps it glitched out or something last night. And no, I don't use a Wizard at all. Witch Doctor all the way.

EDIT: I'm going to log in now and try again, see if the Mystic will take the item now. I thought it odd that she rejected it last night.

Double-edit: Oh geeze. I was trying to put it in Transmog last night. That's why it was rejected it, since you can't transmog it. I blame PAX East. Rerolled the Cold stat and picked +17% to Physical, because everything else was bleh.

kmfdmpig

you can only reroll one stat.

i had a RoRG but salvaged it because of shit rolls. plus, i don't even have one set item. this game hates me.

Why not stash it for the future. I figure eventually with enough set items it can be very useful to have one stowed away.

Bizazedo

Am I crazy for thinking that the items (and rolls) you get depend on your equipped gear? Like if you have lightning gear, you get more of it?

Yes.

I have a Witch Doctor at like 995k paper sheet dps, so I decided to mimick DahBomb and make a Monk. Been grinding him for a few days now.

Annoyingly, I found no good weapons as I hit 70 (and I was powerleveled to 68, so my gear sucked bad), so I'm using a Maximus with INT and no socket just because I had, like, nothing, and went into a fire build. The damn sword + demon do an annoying amount of damage with a bracer doing +fire as well, but that's a different story. A Cindercoat dropped as well, so I was like, well hell, I guess fire build Monk it is?

Right after I said this and put it in my mind to start looking for fire based weapons, Thundergods Vigor, Haunt of Vox, Eye of the Storm, and some legendary bracers with a +lightning affix. I'm almost to 400 blood shards so I'm dumping them on 1 handers tonight, but yeah, it's in your head.

RNG is gonna RNG.

Wow reading the latest pages if this thread I can see how the frustrations of RNG are starting to kick in for many people, it seems this Loot 2.0 wasn't the all mighty fix many hoped. Me, I'll keep playing for a while hoping Blizz keeps increasing the drop rate with every hotfix, I'd like to see a green item for a change, NONE has dropped on me since RoS launched.

Wow reading the latest pages if this thread I can see how the frustrations of RNG are starting to kick in for many people, it seems this Loot 2.0 wasn't the all mighty fix many hoped.

I think it's where it should be. Any more and people would all quit because "there is nothing to do!" at least now it serves to give min-maxers a reason to keep going on the chance they find that perfect item. You take that away...

Celegus

Wow reading the latest pages if this thread I can see how the frustrations of RNG are starting to kick in for many people, it seems this Loot 2.0 wasn't the all mighty fix many hoped. Me, I'll keep playing for a while hoping Blizz keeps increasing the drop rate with every hotfix, I'd like to see a green item for a change, NONE has dropped on me since RoS launched.

It's definitely a huge improvement, but it is still just random. Did 10 T1 rifts last night and not a single orange/green, not even a material or forgotten soul. Not even a single gear upgrade and I'm only at 280k damage. RNG!

Shifty76

Decided to switch to normal for those A1 bounty bags.

How stupid is it that I can get better drops from playing on the lowest difficulty in the game rather than on T3? Excluding the torment only items of course.

Over the course of an hour I think I got 5 leg/set plans and a handful of legendaries, compared to no plans and maybe 1-2 legendaries when I was doing it on T3.

Doesn't exactly encourage growing your character when the best way to get drops is to roll lower difficulties.

Trickster

Just keep on upping the dropchance on legendaries would be a bad way to fix the issue imo. We don't really need to find legendaries more often than we do currently. But as you increase the difficulty, the chance to find good legendaries like SoJ's, Shard of Hates and set items should increase while the shitty ones become slighty less common.

This would make finding that next piece of legendary loot a more exciting and rewarding prospect.

Of course, to really fix the loot, blizzard would need to do much more than just change how drop chances work.

Grampasso

How stupid is it that I can get better drops from playing on the lowest difficulty in the game rather than on T3? Excluding the torment only items of course.

Over the course of an hour I think I got 5 leg/set plans and a handful of legendaries, compared to no plans and maybe 1-2 legendaries when I was doing it on T3.

Doesn't exactly encourage growing your character when the best way to get drops is to roll lower difficulties.
My 2c. I often do that, when nothing drops what I do is change mode/difficulty level, because it seems like the lucky stream of legs can only be in one so you need to find the one "active" at the right moment. But it may just be RNG anyway! :D

StMeph

Diablo has never been about gearing fast. The chase IS the game, and if you were suddenly fully decked out in BIS item within a few days... what would be left to do?

Loot 2.0 was just the change from an AH-based economy to an Account-bound system, so that necessitated higher drop rates for high-level items. That doesn't mean the rolls will be good, even though smart loot already skews at least one figure toward your primary stat, which is more than Diablo 2 ever did. Rerolling is new too, and means you can improve almost-BIS items to BIS instead of chasing a new drop of it.

I can agree that, now, it's a matter of tweaking drop rates, but the same people QQing now about no gear/drops will QQ when they have nothing to do once everything is BIS. Seriously, the game's been out for a few weeks.

ferr

So I can see why DHs with CA builds frown upon Kridershot + FA builds now. I'm sitting at about 117% Fire/CA with items like Cindercoat/Magefist/SOJ which is a huge investment to just give up and switch to frost arrow. I would guess FA is a decent replacement for ES:JIS even if it's unbuffed cold damage.. but then it comes down to whether there's another weapon that better compliments CA.. like say Calamity + Nat Slayer with 2x emeralds and set bonuses from nat. Maybe Buriza with the HA quiver and HA:SA.

I would like to see the higher Torments get some weight for better drops. I want more incentive than just XP and Gold because it seems like you are going to be high Paragon and have lots of gold once you put in the hours to get good enough gear to even play the highers T's. Better drops would be a big incentive to give the higher challenges a go sooner than later.

garath

I'm convinced my DH is cursed. Run 3 more T2 rifts last night. One forgotten soul to speak of. Burn all blood shards on chests, nothing. That's now 1 forgotten soul and 1 legendary in the last 13 rifts. :(

Play my crusader on normal story mode for TEN minutes, killing Diablo and starting act V and I get an Ouroborus amulet with a good roll from Diablo and a legendary plan from a random chest.

I guess I'm going to redirect my focus to my crusader. He's nearly as strong as my DH anyways. Not T2 ready but can definitely handle T1. Sigh. I LIKE my DH. She's fun to play.

So I can see why DHs with CA builds frown upon Kridershot + FA builds now. I'm sitting at about 117% Fire/CA with items like Cindercoat/Magefist/SOJ which is a huge investment to just give up and switch to frost arrow. I would guess FA is a decent replacement for ES:JIS even if it's unbuffed cold damage.. but then it comes down to whether there's another weapon that better compliments CA.. like say Calamity + Nat Slayer with 2x emeralds and set bonuses from nat.

I actually like the higher damage from a single 2H weapon for a CA build. With a Krindershot I'd just use Frost Arrow as my generator and still use CA for my spender. Frost arrow would be MUCH better dps than entangling shot and slow a lot more enemies even without supplementing it with % cold damage.

Vossler

I'm convinced my DH is cursed. Run 3 more T2 rifts last night. One forgotten soul to speak of. Burn all blood shards on chests, nothing. That's now 1 forgotten soul and 1 legendary in the last 13 rifts. :(

Play my crusader on normal story mode for TEN minutes, killing Diablo and starting act V and I get an Ouroborus amulet with a good roll from Diablo and a legendary plan from a random chest.

I guess I'm going to redirect my focus to my crusader. He's nearly as strong as my DH anyways. Not T2 ready but can definitely handle T1. Sigh. I LIKE my DH. She's fun to play.

I actually like the higher damage from a single 2H weapon for a CA build. With a Krindershot I'd just use Frost Arrow as my generator and still use CA for my spender. Frost arrow would be MUCH better dps than entangling shot and slow a lot more enemies even without supplementing it with % cold damage.

We must have the same RNG coefficient applied to our DHs.....ran 3 t2 rifts last night with mine, and got the same Magefist gloves I have equipped currently, with worse stats. Switched to Wiz, got a Mirrorball with 2 extra missles, as well as 2 handed fire staff.....swear this game has hated my DH since I got the 70 Nat's chest to drop.

Dark_castle

MLW.jpg

Just gotten a Moonlight Ward, is it worth sacrificing fire % for its proc effect after the nerf? I am running a fire build atm. It rolls on the lower end though :|

Decided to stick with MLW. Its proc is pretty good. Suggestion on which stat to reroll among the three for Crit. Damage?

garath

We must have the same RNG coefficient applied to our DHs.....ran 3 t2 rifts last night with mine, and got the same Magefist gloves I have equipped currently, with worse stats. Switched to Wiz, got a Mirrorball with 2 extra missles, as well as 2 handed fire staff.....swear this game has hated my DH since I got the 70 Nat's chest to drop.

Blizzards hates DH's confirmed.

(at least you have a magefist and a set chest! I'm loaded with rares and generic legendaries) :p

Tom Penny

If the drop rates were actually accurate based on T level it would give incentive to player higher ones. I did 20 T3 rifts and got 4 legs between last night and this morning and 2 were plans the other 2 were belts. As someone stated earlier. Why bother when you could play normal blindfolded and get the same amount in less time and effort.

kencey

Is it worth trying to enchant the damage into crit chance/damage?

jWF7aLDoXeyqU.png

I would not waste gems/souls on a royal ring without either cc or cd on it
Just my opinion. I have one similar to yours and i'm farming more bags till i get one with crit.

ElyrionX

2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword 2H Sword

EDIT: 2H Axe

garath

If the drop rates were actually accurate based on T level it would give incentive to player higher ones. I did 20 T3 rifts and got 4 legs between last night and this morning and 2 were plans the other 2 were belts. As someone stated earlier. Why bother when you could play normal blindfolded and get the same amount in less time and effort.

Yeah. At this rate I'm thinking I'm just going to build my characters for max clear speed and spam normal bounties and rifts. It'll go SO much faster and still net legendaries.

The incentive of T1 and up items just isn't there. I've seen ONE DH set piece since RoS and I'm not even using it.

Mumei

I just made it to Adventure Mode yesterday and beat the bounties. I'm still playing on Expert, though I'm thinking about bumping it to Master soon. I'm not sure if I'm strong enough, though.

MLW.jpg

Just gotten a Moonlight Ward, is it worth sacrificing fire % for its proc effect after the nerf? I am running a fire build atm. It rolls on the lower end though :|

Oy. My Moonlight ward just had really bad rolls (I knew it would....)

I'd do attack speed. For me, the ideal setup is INT, CHD, CHC. I'm stuck with attack speed instead of INT on mine because it also rolled with cooldown reduction.

Celegus

That's still better than me! Similar thing happened for me too, haven't found a single thing on my barb, switch to level up my 67 wizard and she finds two legendaries right away.

Nice!

Care to link your holy build? I'm currently looking for something similar :)

All holy, all the time! I'm not able to access my profile here, so I'll give you a rough rundown.

Smite (Shatter) - I've been underwhelmed with wrath generators, but this is great for holy
Fist of the Heavens (Divine Well) - with enough +holy damage % this is insanely good
Condemn (Unleashed) - Blade of Prophecy makes this skill exponentially better
Heaven's Fury (Split Fury) - I go back and forth between this and the Ascendancy rune
Laws of Valor (Answered Prayer) - my go-to if I'm solo or the only crusader in a party
Shield Glare (Zealous Glare) - was using for wrath regen, likely dropping it now

Passives: Heavenly Strength, Hold Your Ground, Renewal, Finery
[I've considered Holy Cause, but don't think it does much unless your weapon is holy damage...if I'm wrong that is an obvious choice]

Regarding Shield Glare (Zealous Glare) for wrath regeneration, with Reaper's Wraps I don't think I really need it anymore. I'm thinking of trying out a few different options to see which I settle on:
1) Akarat's Champion (Rally) - been holding off until I got enough cooldown reduction
2) Judgment (Resolved or Mass Verdict)
3) Consecration (Shattered Ground)

I'm open for comments and suggestions.

shuri

Banned
Is there only one place available for pvp? That Nek guy only seems to hang out in the village of the first chapter. And there's never anybody in the pvp zone :(

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Is there only one place available for pvp? That Nek guy only seems to hang out in the village of the first chapter. And there's never anybody in the pvp zone :(

Yeah just the brawler, unfortunately pvp isn't really a thing in D3. You gotta invite people to your game and all of you have to go to the place to fight.

D3 pvp is usually just who can 1 shot the other guy first.

Insaniac

All holy, all the time! I'm not able to access my profile here, so I'll give you a rough rundown.

Smite (Shatter) - I've been underwhelmed with wrath generators, but this is great for holy
Fist of the Heavens (Divine Well) - with enough +holy damage % this is insanely good
Heaven's Fury (Split Fury) - I go back and forth between this and the Ascendancy rune
Laws of Valor (Answered Prayer) - my go-to if I'm solo or the only crusader in a party
Shield Glare (Zealous Glare) - was using for wrath regen, likely dropping it now

[I've considered Holy Cause, but don't think it does much unless your weapon is holy damage...if I'm wrong that is an obvious choice]

Regarding Shield Glare (Zealous Glare) for wrath regeneration, with Reaper's Wraps I don't think I really need it anymore. I'm thinking of trying out a few different options to see which I settle on:
1) Akarat's Champion (Rally) - been holding off until I got enough cooldown reduction

I have a very similar build, except i don't have Heaven's Fury or Shield Glare. I also run the Homing Hammer wrath generator instead.

Even though it isn't holy damage, I'd consider replacing shield glare with Phalanx - Bowmen

This skill is just soo good especially if you have good ias and crit increases, it absolutely wrecks single targets/bosses (I find my build's weakness is sustaining single target damage)

I also run bombardment / Annihilate because the Lord Commander passive reduces its cooldown while boosting phalanx damage. (also wrecks elites)

lilltias

The thing with random, is that it is fucking RANDOM. And it will most likely not be perceived as random at all.

If you ask someone to create what seems like a random list of one hundred 6 sided dice rolls, the final result will probably look random but it won't contain a set of seven sixes in a row within those hundred rolls. But that could actually happen. And this is what is happening here. Then some dude comes in here and complains about the RNG and some other fellas join in, and then we have a vocal minority who declare everything SHIT and all kinds of conspiracy theories goes into that. When it's just RNG doing it's thing. If there was no RNG, things would be A LOT more even.

Kyoufu

I just made it to Adventure Mode yesterday and beat the bounties. I'm still playing on Expert, though I'm thinking about bumping it to Master soon. I'm not sure if I'm strong enough, though.

Believe in yourself!

I just got what must be my 9th axe in past 24 hours. No 1h sword in sight. /sadface

The thing with random, is that it is fucking RANDOM. And it will most likely not be perceived as random at all.

If you ask someone to create what seems like a random list of one hundred 6 sided dice rolls, the final result will probably look random but it won't contain a set of seven sixes in a row within those hundred rolls. But that could actually happen. And this is what is happening here. Then some dude comes in here and complains about the RNG and some other fellas join in, and then we have a vocal minority who declare everything SHIT and all kinds of conspiracy theories goes into that. When it's just RNG doing it's thing. If there was no RNG, things would be A LOT more even.

Schools should have statistics courses based on D3. It would make stats more fun and might actually inform people how to analyze statistics better.

Nete

For a long time I said I don't want to level my Barb to 70, as its a class I don't really like... but the drops I've been getting during the last week* are starting to undermine my will. What a pretty Barb I could make.

XsdDqwq.png

*Last 3 days actually, except for TF and Shard.

Try Wrathful instead Renewal. Is a better (and more reliable) healing even if you are going with insane Block Chance amounts.

On the skill to replace Shield Glare, with that CDR I would already go with Akarat's Champion-Rally.

Ohnonono

This is my holy build. just cause I can actually link.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fizlah-1379/hero/43879354

Dahbomb

A clan trading post would fix a lot of people's complaints. Hope they get on that.
Would be really easy to get geared then. With just the gear in my stack I can make 2 other Monk players T3 viable in an instant and I am sure other people have even better stuff lying dormant in their stashes.

Then the complaints would shift from "I can't find this specific Legendary" to "I don't have anything left to do anymore" or "what's the point of playing if someone can just give me stuff and deck me out?"

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
For a long time I said I don't want to level my Barb to 70, as its a class I don't really like... but the drops I've been getting during the last week* are starting to undermine my will. What a pretty Barb I could make.

*Last 3 days actually, except for TF and Shard.

Do it! Become one with the shard of hate!

I recorded a clip to show a friend about how lax WW shard of hate barb is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeoyGjoXZco
Seriously it's like a vacation.

Also, I was a bit off on my numbers a few pages back, I was rounding most up so the 5mils are more like 4.8mil and I think the odynson is only ~8mil while shard is about 5.5-6.5mil

Still though things melt, especially when wrath of the berzerker is up.

PS:
I'm reallly really jealous of your ammy.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

I don't run bounties on normal, but master instead. Basically I've settled on running the highest difficulty that I can kill things quickly in, and for me the speed diff between normal and master really isn't that much. But I do get double shards and more XP/gold on master, so I run that. But T1 and above just take me too much time and elites can really give me grief in torment, so I stick to master for now.

Once I can run T1 fast though I'll certainly bump up to it, and then T2, and so on.

But then I kill everything and pop every barrel and such too. If you are simply running for caches alone as fast as possible, then yeah put it on normal and just run for the bounty target. Which, in reality may be the best way of doing it. I just like doing full clears, because I'm old school.

Play torment 1 and leech, stop trying to be honest in a game of GREED.

Bizazedo

Friend of mine insisted he could do Torment 6 rift yesterday. Said he was in a public game and was able to handle it "with this new build I have". I knew his character and his gear and said he was full of it and if he WAS doing Torment 6, he probably was being carried by a Barb with shard of hate or something. "No, no, join my game, I can do it."

Typical Wizard hubris.

Predictably, he dies horribly. The monster density was insane and the rift meter filled quickly, though, and I learned a Witch Doctor with charm frogs and Rhenlo Flayer *can* keep the T6 baddies back. We still died multiple times and I ended up with a 110k gold repair bill. Wizard's repair bill was even higher.

Finishing the rift gave like 150k some gold, though, so it worked out and I can say I finished a T6 rift. I think we got lucky it was Battlefields of Eternity, though, and gave me room to maneuver.

So WD's, get your charm frogs out and gear up a bit more. You can DO IT :).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

Last night was a weird night. I've been doing nothing but act 1 bounty bags hoping for the RoG. I've also been dumping all my shards into rings for an SOJ. I did get two SoJ's last night. Neither the right ones though. So I still have my lightning one in my stash and am still hoping for a fire one . The RoG is very elusive though. Lol

I did however find a burning axe of sankis at the end of the night! My fire damage is now up to 119%.

So I was oddly rewarded for all my efforts :)

I really need a RoG though. I want to spilt the ashera's and auglids set for the three piece bonus on each. That and an SOJ with fire would pretty much make my build. I havey auglids shoulders already rolled too. Just waiting for that stupid act 1 bounty to pay out.

TheYanger

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

Last night was a weird night. I've been doing nothing but act 1 bounty bags hoping for the RoG. I've also been dumping all my shards into rings for an SOJ. I did get two SoJ's last night. Neither the right ones though. So I still have my lightning one in my stash and am still hoping for a fire one . The RoG is very elusive though. Lol

I did however find a burning axe of sankis at the end of the night! My fire damage is now up to 119%.

So I was oddly rewarded for all my efforts :)

I really need a RoG though. I want to spilt the ashera's and auglids set for the three piece bonus on each. That and an SOJ with fire would pretty much make my build. I havey auglids shoulders already rolled too. Just waiting for that stupid act 1 bounty to pay out.

Why not just reroll one of the SoJs you did get?
It's impossible for it to have any other stat that is stronger than the fire damage anyway
IE: A fire (rerolled), primary stat, useless primary stat, elite damage SoJ is still a bis ring, even if it would obviously be BETTER with primary fire CD Elite damage or something.

It's what I did with my 60 SoJ and what I've done with my 70 one thusfar. Better to have 1 SoJ you can always use and then EVENTUALLY get one with two good filler stats to reroll with forever.

IE:
jjSwO8V.png

My current. Yeah it originally had physical and I don't use, and have no intention of using, physical any time soon.
So, IDEALLY it would've had crit damage instead of the flat damage, but either way it's worth using an inferior SoJ with the right element over not using one at all, by a wide margin. Added bonus that I can now fit it into any build I use ever.

I spent the better part of yesterday farming Act 1 bags. Opened 25-30.

I finally got the fucking ring. But the roll is so bad I am almost embarassed to show it LOL

I ran out of souls trying to re roll, so it can only get better. Now I just need to figure out which second set I should use. Leaning towards Born's Frozen Soul and Born's Privledge .

huYllye.png

Meh, it could be worse. At least I actually found it.

JCizzle

Would be really easy to get geared then. With just the gear in my stack I can make 2 other Monk players T3 viable in an instant and I am sure other people have even better stuff lying dormant in their stashes.

Then the complaints would shift from "I can't find this specific Legendary" to "I don't have anything left to do anymore" or "what's the point of playing if someone can just give me stuff and deck me out?"

Valid points.

My thought is that I wish the gear dropped more frequently across all levels, but was increasingly stronger in each difficulty. Like a TF you find in T1 is x% weaker than one you'd find in T3. That way people are getting stuff more frequently and there is a clear path of progression as you tackle harder content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom