• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1c0Ni9V8pE

Jade Harvester + Quetzalcoatl. Probably the strongest thing in this game.

FfXJobL.jpg

I have 2 pieces so far, going to take forever to get them all or 5 plus a ring of grandeur.

Lethal

Neo Member
Raiment SUCKS - I wouldn't even bother with it. Aughilds however is awesome, as is Blackthornes. I generally try for around 2 aps, though with Odyn being so slow I settled for 1.8 on it.

Yup, I agree with the raiment comment. It's garbage. Same goes for Sunwuko's set. I use a 2 piece Aughild's and a 2 piece Asheara's supplemented by a RROG for the bonuses. Inna's is also terrible because it has AR for some reason. Waste of a primary for a monk. That's also (one of) the reason(s) I think Blackthorne's is crap.

Dahbomb

Guys you just don't know... once I get the right pieces I am going to make 2H Monk with that Sunwoko set viable!

But yea aside from very specific builds, Monk sets are mediocre. A full Raiment set is outdone by a Thundergods Vigor and an Andariels. Although I guess it doesn't matter because an end game Lightning Monk build will have all 3 anyway.

The best set pieces for Monks are Aughilds and Ashearas.

First day as a demon hunter.

rUbQts6.png

Damage is a little low but I'm still missing 2 pieces of gear. Spent 500 shards on various armor slots and crafted the rest. Shards got me a legendary chest armor. Too bad it has useless movement speed on it. It summons 3 wolves though so its great for keeping enemies off me.

I'm also aware that the best way to go is 2x bows for double gem crit dmg, but I haven't found a decent 2nd weapon yet. So I crafted the quiver.

+25% dmg to cluster arrow and +15% fire dmg so far. Not bad. Cluster crits for 4-6 million and fires very rapidly. I'm still very much a n00b when it comes to maintaining hatred. I'm using preparation - punishment like it's going out of style.

I'm switching back and forth between grenade and entangling shot for my primary. Can't decide.

Rain of arrows doesn't seem that great. I'll probably just throw in another discipline skill like vault. All in all, seems like a great class for killing shit quickly. When lots of flying things swarm around me, I feel a lot more exposed than I did as a wizard.

th3dude

I got my first piece of Akkan set for my crusader this week (boots), so I'm really wanting to get more. I also have 2 pieces of the Thorns set (forget the name) which makes me really want a thorns build, but I have no clue if that is viable or not.

Discobird

grats neoenigma, pretty awesome to get a Garwulf so early :)

At low difficulties RoV - Shade can clear a screen of trash pretty fast. At higher difficulties RoV - Flying Strike is an AOE 7s stun that works on everything you can find in a rift (including the rift guardian). It almost never leaves my bar.

Unless you are lucky enough to have legacy flat CA cost reduction gear, Preparation - Punishment will probably stay on your bar forever.

eek5

Guys you just don't know... once I get the right pieces I am going to make 2H Monk with that Sunwoko set viable!

But yea aside from very specific builds, Monk sets are mediocre. A full Raiment set is outdone by a Thundergods Vigor OR an Andariels. Although I guess it doesn't matter because an end game Lightning Monk build will have all 3 anyway.

The best set pieces for Monks are Aughilds and Ashearas.

fixed haha

I think crimson + born's is pretty good too if you want to run a epiph/CDR build. I'm still trying to craft mine though, as farming those mats is a pain in the ass.

Basically every good monk build involves using a lot of generic legendaries that all other classes have access to. That's how you know something is really wrong.

scy

The problem I have with Born's is that it competes with Aughild's for important slots since Helm is typically Andariel's and Bracers are Reaper Wraps for many classes; hell, Cindercoat for Fire builds takes another spot too. Makes it a little awkward to slot in :(

I'll probably break my Asheara's 4pc for Crimson, though.

eek5

I'm probably going to try to do chest, pants, shoulder, boots w/ reapers, gyana, and magefist.

When I get cindercoat I can drop reapers for a bracer slot since my epiph should have pretty good uptime at that point and cost reduc will help with being able to spam more LTK.

scy

I'm probably going to try to do chest, pants, shoulder, boots w/ reapers, gyana, and magefist.

When I get cindercoat I can drop reapers for a bracer slot since my epiph should have pretty good uptime at that point and cost reduc will help with being able to spam more LTK.

Maybe if I go Fire Crusader I'll be allowed to do the same. But, until then, Aughild's Shoulder + Chest / Asheara's Gloves + Pants / Crimson Boots + Belt for when I go back to Holy Crusader.

ElyrionX

Traded for a Tal source today (from a friend who already had a better Tal source. Next rift, one dropped for me from a mob so now I have two.) and finally got the 4-set meteor bonus so I'm happy. Only lacking the chest armour now.

Dahbomb

Anybody here use a Cluster Arrow DH that can crit over 35 mil? Wondering why one of my friends can crit up to 45-60mil (edit: without belt buff) but I only do 30mil while her and I have similar gear, except I'm still working on getting fire % dmg on my Andariel's Visage.

We both have:
Boots and a quiver with Cluster Arrow %.
Amulet with 700+ dex, 80%+ CHD, 9%+ CHC, and fire % dmg
Bracers with fire % dmg, 400+ dex and vit, 5%+ CHC
Cindercoat but instead of diamonds, I use Royal Emeralds (2).
Magefist except mine is better with a trifecta roll. Others only has dex, AS, and CHD.
I also have around 300-400 more dex.

Everything else is pretty similar excluding the Andariel's Visage since I still don't have fire % dmg on it BUT I do have Cluster Arrow 15%.

I tried dual-wielding 2 one-handers putting me at 590% CHD and I literally saw no difference in crits when changing from a one-hander + quiver setup. Tried using a 2-hand bow as well, and I only saw a slight increase in damage.

Any thoughts appreciated. Here's my profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Archer-1731/hero/45545731

My guess is that she's using Wolf Companion plus Cull of the Weak passive (more damage against slowed enemies). So you can get higher crits if you turn on Wolf Companion, use Entangling Shot to slow and then fire a shot. That what hit for over 40 million.

ferr

My guess is that she's using Wolf Companion plus Cull of the Weak passive (more damage against slowed enemies). So you can get higher crits if you turn on Wolf Companion, use Entangling Shot to slow and then fire a shot. That what hit for over 40 million.

Also no +elite dmg? Maybe his friend has unity+soj?

ampere

Two more of my friends who had quit Diablo just bought the expac...

Loot 2.0 is REAL.

REAL. I hit 70 the other day and I have a legendary weapon with 33% blind on hit. It's really fun.

edit: picture

Artanisix

So how the fuck are we supposed to manage our stashes now?

Look at my stash. This is almost primarily all gear for my Crusader/Barb, taking into account different builds. I have pretty much one tab for all my other classes now.

Grinch

Banned

Look at my stash. This is almost primarily all gear for my Crusader/Barb, taking into account different builds. I have pretty much one tab for all my other classes now.

Create more characters and use them as mules. Works as long as you have slots available.

Uh, are you sure you need ALL of that? I'm sure there are some forgotten souls in there

Also, you can just create a new character and use it's inventory to store stuff.

Artanisix

Uh, are you sure you need ALL of that? I'm sure there are some forgotten souls in there

Also, you can just create a new character and use it's inventory to store stuff.

I've purged almost everything I don't need. A lot of the repeats you see are variations on elements. I have five sojs floating around with different elements, each bracer has a different element with high crit roll, gear for thorns builds, different shields, all the crusader weapons, several different sets, elemental immunity items...

It's a nightmare.

th3dude

While this is true, I think Blizzard overlooked something when removing the auction house/trading. We are much more likely to hoard things because we can't sell/trade them.

One more bank tab, in my opinion, does not make up for the lack of trading/selling.

I should note that I do not want trading/selling, I just think we should have more room.

Strider

I've purged almost everything I don't need. A lot of the repeats you see are variations on elements. I have five sojs floating around with different elements, each bracer has a different element with high crit roll, gear for thorns builds, different shields, all the crusader weapons, several different sets, elemental immunity items...

It's a nightmare.

Yea man. Having so much useful gear must be terrible.

eek5

I just consolidate all my legs into a stack of forgotten souls. Has worked out pretty well for me.

I am struggling with inventory space as well carrying different sets of gear (element / elite dmg / %skills) for few characters.

My WD for example, I like to switch between dotting / cold gear if I feel lazy and wanna dot everything and run on T1 and at times I'll switch it up to T3 pet gear.

1 is already dedicated to mats

eek5

I am struggling with inventory space as well carrying different sets of gear (element / elite dmg / %skills) for few characters.

My WD for example, I like to switch between dotting / cold gear if I feel lazy and wanna dot everything and run on T1 and at times I'll switch it up to T3 pet gear.

1 is already dedicated to mats

Level a 2nd WD. Problem solved!

Strider

But seriously we really do need more stash space.

With all the legendary mats, The white items that dont even stack, Playing 6 characters (1 of each class) if you want... 4 tabs isnt much.

kmfdmpig

I'm not sure why there is a small limit on what we can hoard. 5 more tabs doesn't seem like it would have any negative impact. They talked about moving the materials to a system like the currency which would be nice but still insufficient.

Well that's a neat tip.

Cindercoat \ magefist. Grrrrr!

I swear that is the ideal setup for every class.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I'm not sure why there is a small limit on what we can hoard. 5 more tabs doesn't seem like it would have any negative impact. They talked about moving the materials to a system like the currency which would be nice but still insufficient.

Yeah, it's like they planned to make a F2P inventory squeeze and then forgot to put the tabs up for sale. Weird.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
neoenigma said:
Cindercoat \ magefist. Grrrrr!

I've got a Cindercoat with 3 sockets... but it's lvl 69. ;_; Which means I need to find another.

Still better than any lvl 70 rares and most lvl 70 legendaries though.

Dahbomb

Well that's a neat tip.

Cindercoat magefist. Grrrrr!

It's actually the most beneficial for the DH. Their most damaging nuke AND highest cost skill is Fire damage which makes Cindercoat + Magefist ideal. Plus DHs need Reaper's Wraps too (even though they basically have a Reaper's Wraps like passive... they burn resources so fast they need all the help).

Dreavus

What do you guys think about set items?

I feel like sets got overlooked a bit with the transition away from the AH and toward self-found-only loot in 2.0. Trying to assemble a set of found gear requires absolutely crazy luck. Greens are pretty rare to begin with, and there's no guarding against receiving a double. I know all drops are random and that's the point of the game, but I feel like there should be another way to search for these, especially since they often have the most interesting abilities attached to them.

I'm not looking for a guarantee, but maybe some small way to influence what you're looking for? Maybe a way to avoid doubles?

I'm not saying this because I've been burned (haven't found much of anything yet) but it was just something I've been thinking about.

Discobird

I've got a Cindercoat with 3 sockets... but it's lvl 69. ;_; Which means I need to find another.

Still better than any lvl 70 rares and most lvl 70 legendaries though.

If a lvl 70 Cindercoat is BIS for your particular build then a lvl 69 Cindercoat will be next-BIS and will be better than other lvl 70 options. All you are missing is a little bit of armor, mainstat and/or vit I think.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I just need a break from tanky melee classes (Barbarian, Crusader)...

I think I might start up a Demon Hunter. Are they still pretty high up there when it comes to damage output potential?

Dahbomb

Maybe I just need a break from tanky melee classes (Barbarian, Crusader)...

I think I might start up a Demon Hunter. Are they still pretty high up there when it comes to damage output potential?
Without talking about broken stuff in the game (like WD critting for 300 million), DHs have among the highest burst damage in the game. Their main problem is survivability though.

Pretty fun class though. They have two resources unlike the other classes which makes them a bit interesting.

ferr

What do you guys think about set items?

I feel like sets got overlooked a bit with the transition away from the AH and toward self-found-only loot in 2.0. Trying to assemble a set of found gear requires absolutely crazy luck. Greens are pretty rare to begin with, and there's no guarding against receiving a double. I know all drops are random and that's the point of the game, but I feel like there should be another way to search for these, especially since they often have the most interesting abilities attached to them.

I'm not looking for a guarantee, but maybe some small way to influence what you're looking for? Maybe a way to avoid doubles?

I'm not saying this because I've been burned (haven't found much of anything yet) but it was just something I've been thinking about.

It's worthwhile. For DHs at least, all of the top DPSers have 2x nat set, 3x marauder set, with RROG for the extra bonus.

Getting all of the items is another subject. You might consider someone lucky if they managed to get a set item they want with desirable rolls. But for that same person to get 5x specific set items all with desirable rolls.. that's not luck. That's just playing the game, a lot. Blizzard's solution to the Auction House simulation game that was D3V has been replaced with "play the game to win". Keep playing and you will get the items you want eventually, within reason (perfect trifecta such and such on every item isn't reasonable).

Is there an easy way to sort and organize items? Or you just have to do it all yourself?

scy

So just got a Thunderfury for on my Crusader, should I ditch Heavenly Strength in favor of a 1h build?

If it rolled well enough for you to reroll the damage to +1400 Holy Damage, you can make it a good Holy Cause weapon for a Holy build. The proc doesn't scale anyway so not being Lightning doesn't matter here.

Honestly, barring a few weapons, most the good 1Hers beat out the 2Hers since many aren't strong enough to warrant use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom