• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCGeek

formerly sane
It depends on the maps. If it's something like Jail or Graveyard with heavy density elites, it's a clear. If it's something big and open with low density elites, it's a remake. Other maps are up in the air, depends on what others feel like.

This which is why I don't mind playing with you guys. We keep it simple and don't waste too much time or all that much, unlike my friends or certain clan members who can sometimes take forever.

nbraun80

Wish there were better options for gem effects in helms. Got my first tal rashas piece and its really the first time I've used a socketed helm. XP, gold, and mf are all pretty useless, as is cdr on a cold wizard, so I suppose I'll go life. Just give me my jewels back blizz.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just completed the Bul Karhos' oath set. It would be nice if the whirlwind proc would actually save it self for when attacking.

It just goes off randomly when walking or talking to NPCs

Ha, there's a comic waiting to be made there. "Hey, how do you like my new Bul'Kathos set?" *thwack* "Oh, sorry, they just do that sometimes"

scy

This is also why I like voice chat for runs. So we can easily reach the conclusion of "yo fuck this rift" without having to stop to type.

Also, I probably alt-tab less.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So... best kind of rift or not? :p

7lrASYQ.jpg

Such a night, so many leg drops, i think i had more in the past 2 hours than I've had all week. Though some where just souls in the making, others made me happy even though the rolls aren't as good as i would have liked.

This one in particular made me smile as T3 is now on the go. (now up to 72% fire damage).

I agree w/ this.

I've had a ton of drops tonight. Got cindercoat off Kaldara w/ good rolls. Got a great stone of Jordan. Rerolls are happening on first or second roll. Someonen is drunk @ Blizzard HQ. Turned the awesome switch on.

I did 5 rifts in a row without a drop. After not playing all day.

Not so good...

I've given up and just started doing the hell rift bounty on T6 for some monies. I need 17 million. I have 7 million now. I estimate it will take me about 2 hours...

The Cowboy

So... best kind of rift or not? :p
I'd say its the best for layout and ease (strait lines), however I've had other Rifts with more elites and better density. For example, this is a Rift i had a few days ago, this was the amount i had done to finish the Rift - the entire southern/northern highlands, hunting grounds and the manor area was the Rift and it was jam packed and full of elites.

After no loot on barb for 3 days I finally rolled a good crit dmg on my necklace that I've spent over 35m on

Spent some bloodshards on my witch doctor on helmets today (about 1000) since spending them on weapons is a waste of shards right now, and got a really good fire andariels and a good roll 99 percent pet dmg mask of jeram in one inventory worth of helmets

The gargantuan hits so fucking hard with that, saw a 130m crit with my totem up on the t2 rift boss (who died in a few seconds) and my WD has very little gear (20 percent fire dmg 900k sheet dps 28 percent elite dmg)

What should I buy next? gloves for a tasker and theo? (already got a fairly crappy magefist - high rolls but not trifecta) or mojos for a thing of the deep?
what weapons do fire/pet build WDs use? any random high dps one or are there any specific desireable ones to look out for

I also keep getting azurewraths on my barb, where were those when I still played my wiz :( finally found an Odyn too but it was worthless (no str no socket low dmg)

Dec

Game seriously frustrates me. Can go a week with no problems then suddenly some of my forced driver-level settings don't work and nothing I do, deleting the profile and setting it back up etc. helps.

Specifically triple buffering. I know Radeonpro is working because SMAA is being forced but once in a while I just can't get triple buffering to work and the in-game vsync has a screen tearing bug I mentioned earlier.

Like 15 minutes of launching the game, nope still broken, exit game and change some settings, try again. Repeat until I just give up. Then the next day everything works fine.

After the game deciding to not reward my DH at all for the past 2-3 weeks I finally got a couple of upgrades last night. Ended up with all the materials to craft a set bow(forget which one it was now, not a very good one though) which gave me a bit of a DPS boost and a significant toughness boost and then I got a legendary amulet drop which required a flawless imperial topaz to re roll but I got 82% crit damage on my first roll so I was pretty happy with that.

Now sitting around 670k dps(after passives) and 6.5m toughness. Only problem is I have almost no life regen in between potions and pots. Still doing T1 fairly ok though. I also can't decide on a skill set to use. I tried the explosives build but it was kinda boring.

Frostburn

This is also why I like voice chat for runs. So we can easily reach the conclusion of "yo fuck this rift" without having to stop to type.

Also, I probably alt-tab less.

My friends and I hang on Skype when playing any games on PC. It's just more fun for us even if we are just doing rifts and bounties and don't need to talk strategy much, makes it a ton more fun.

Discobird

Now sitting around 670k dps(after passives) and 6.5m toughness. Only problem is I have almost no life regen in between potions and pots. Still doing T1 fairly ok though. I also can't decide on a skill set to use. I tried the explosives build but it was kinda boring.

TBH you don't really need life regen at all on a DH. If you feel like you do, you're either not blowing things up fast enough or taking too much avoidable damage. Try slotting Awareness and focusing on not getting hit at all (Pride's Fall is good at forcing you to do this), then once you're good at avoiding damage you can slack off a bit and faceroll the lower difficulties.

By explosives build, do you mean CA:LFB? There are other viable builds but they will be gear-dependent to varying degrees. Depending on what interesting legendaries you've found so far, I can suggest some alternatives.

garath

Did a quick rift with nothing but from the 50 shards I got a cloak of garwulf from kadala. :eek: that's only the second legendary I've ever gotten from her. Its no cindercoat but with a re roll I'll take the 3 wolves Lol. Damn. I wish I could play more.

Edit. Downside is no sockets. I don't even have a forgotten soul to reroll it :(

And I logged off. After almost no real improvements besides some natural progression of level 70 stuff tonight was just insane. Wow.

You've gotta be kidding me.

What the hell Blizzard....

RjziRT7.png

Worst magefists I've ever seen. I'm about to rage-salvage my DH now...

This was similar to mine. With the fire damage it was still an improvement for me once I got crit chance on it.

And I logged off. After almost no real improvements besides some natural progression of level 70 stuff tonight was just insane. Wow.

This was similar to mine. With the fire damage it was still an improvement for me once I got crit chance on it.

I already don't have crit dmg on either ring (stone of jordan, royal gandeur). Not having it on my gloves would gimp the fuck out of me. They're already a forgotten soul....

those would've been decent for your monk bro :eek:

need all the vit you can get

I don't play my monk. He's naked.

eek5

I already don't have crit dmg on either ring (stone of jordan, royal gandeur). Not having it on my gloves would gimp the fuck out of me. They're already a forgotten soul....

those would've been decent for your monk bro :eek:

need all the vit you can get

lol 12 rolls later, socket on Azure wrath.

Sheet DPS is lower than my Thuderfury but crits with cold dmg boost are much higher. The 2nd free orb = ownage even in T3.

RjziRT7.png

That's far from the worst Magefist. I'm using a Magefist similar to that (with only 5% IAS and 18% fire), enchanted one of the mod to crit chance 9.5%. I'm still happily rolling around with it. There are other slots in my gear that need more attention first.

zlatko

Banned
How bad has the lag and internet connection issues been for everyone as of late?

It feels like a week now that all I get is massive lag spikes for no reason, and now I have more than once gotten DNS issues but they ONLY occur when I try to play Diablo 3.

Is Blizzard even aware of this kind of crap, or is this only happening to me ?

Edit: Also, what is the quickest way to hit 70? My barb is level 55 and I just want to be 70 already with him. :(

RDreamer

My DH was getting so many legs this morning (and decent ones, too) that I was kind of afraid to log off. She's cruising now, but I've got sooooo many items to re-roll. It's a decent problem to have, but nothing is re-rolling for me. I've got about 4 items that I've tried at least 10 times each to get something. So now I've stopped on a lot of vitality on those items waiting for the stuff I want (damage modifiers). So Now I'm a DH rocking like 10 million in toughness, lol. Still have about 750k dps, though. It's actually nice to not die so often.

Ultratech

I'd say its the best for layout and ease (strait lines), however I've had other Rifts with more elites and better density. For example, this is a Rift i had a few days ago, this was the amount i had done to finish the Rift - the entire southern/northern highlands, hunting grounds and the manor area was the Rift and it was jam packed and full of elites.

Oh yeah, I"ve had this one before.

And like you said, it's literally jam-packed with Champions and Elites.

It's not uncommon to be fighting like 2-5 at a time with chaos all over the goddamn place.

Any Monks here that can help me?
Last week I got Flow of Eternity and decided to build a monk stacking CDR. What I have until now:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Victor-1486/hero/28506802

So, any tips on what I should improve, reforge, gamble? Any help is appreciated.

Are you planning on Tempest Rushing or SSS+LTK spam under Epiphany? I'm assuming the latter most of the time, because there are better 2Hs for tempest rushing, and honestly once you get enough CDR you just DW tempest rushing+LTK spam in a no-generator build.

The most important CDR items are, in this order:

- Ring of Royal Granduer, the item that glues everything else together. You can mystic the one you get into CDR.
- Born's Command 2 pc (chest, shoulders). Sword and shoulders is better for CDR builds but you are using 2H.
- Captain Crimson's 2 pc (boots for sure, I would say pants.> belt due to the interesting options you have in the belt slot. And by interesting, I mean Harrington's Waistguard if you solo)
- rare/good legendary 2ndary ring/amulet. I'm a big fan of gambling for rings because SOJ is just that important.
- Bracers: Either Reaper's Wraps (helpful when you are at lower CDR levels, less good as you get more refined gear on that stat) or Warzechain/Strongarms. I think people undervalue Warzechain, the effect from it feeds directly into your efficiency. You could also go with Aughlid's Helm+Bracers here, I suppose.
- Helm: This is another good gambling spot. There is a spirit stone w/ build in CDR (Kekegi) but even just an Andariel's is a good item for low CDR builds. If you plan on spamming LTK under Epiphany, then the GNK spirit stone simply cannot be beaten.

Those are some goals.You've got a lot to farm, but it's a fun ride and once you start to get abilities like Inner Sanctuary and Epiphany with high uptimes, the build is really cool.

How bad has the lag and internet connection issues been for everyone as of late?(

Out of nowhere around two or three days ago the game's become literally unplayable due to lag. I called Comcast and all of that to check it up on me and they said my numbers were looking good. The forum tech support is literally littered with tons of complaints about this sudden lag. So it's looking like the connection is being dropped somewhere along the path.

Every time I move I rubberband back, or I'll suddenly do skills but nothing happens etc. Went from a once every few hours type of thing, to a every minute thing.

cdyhybrid

Just got this:

0HMJmlz.jpg

I suppose I'll save it to see if they do anything to Wave of Light in the (hopefully) upcoming Monk changes.

Edit: And of course, the same day I decide to give my Maximus to my Crusader and go with a fire build, I get a Schaefer's Hammer to drop.

The Cowboy

Got this a little earlier and didn't think much of it for a legendary bonus (i had another belt with very similar stats), mainly as chest can be common in some areas and not in others and as such the bonus would be a bit uncommon to use in general..
But man is that description misleading, its not just chests - its anything and everything you can search (and these are very common in all areas). I did a Rift set in the Act 5 battlefield and due to the armour racks it was basically a permanent 105% increase in damage and it was glorious, its a shame the roll was on the lower scale and I'm sure this great boost is old news to others (i had no idea), but this is my new favourite toy :D.

veras

Has anyone tried/read about Fate of the Fel plus Eberli Charlo and getting some cdr then using Heaven's Fury with Ascendancy? Would only need about 40% CDR to get 100% uptime on the lasers, curious how that fares on higher torments with heaven's fury skill mods and holy damage items

Martheron

13974996641_9bd6c58faa.jpg

I'm Still really getting the hand of Barbarian. I rage quit my Crusader after getting no legendary weapons aside from one things. I'm looking for some help deciding what to roll into what and any other general advice about Barbs in general.

Also, I've only rerolled the Butcher's Sickle so I could get the socket.

Harrington changes the way you play. It demands more and is fussy (and sometimes completely bricks on some maps), but the reward is huge. The effect is probably a bit too strong (but not too much) but it's a good effect.

It's somewhat balanced by the fact that it is really only good for solo rifting/bounties-in multiplayer other party members will drive the positioning and tempo of the party and that makes using its ability to its maximum the highest. I recommend getting a backup belt for grouping.

Dahbomb

RjziRT7.png

Above average Magefists.

High fire damage roll, high attack speed roll, high dex roll. You can get crit chance on it and it beats a trifecta Rare glove easily.

You are basically confusing "not perfect trifecta" Magefist with "worst Magefist ever". If you truly think those are the worst Magefists ever then kindly salvage all of your gear and uninstall D3.

Dahbomb

I think I should take the advice of my friend and start complaining on forums more for drops. Maybe then I would also get godly items for complaining!

That Pride is best in slot. You can now roll the crit to 6.0 and probably never replace it on the DH.

cdyhybrid

4 leg belts yesterday and 2 more today so far, and none of them are Thundergod's Vigor. I'm going to write the most epic fuck-you-RNG post ever once I get it.

I think I should take the advice of my friend and start complaining on forums more for drops. Maybe then I would also get godly items for complaining!

That Pride is best in slot. You can now roll the crit to 6.0 and probably never replace it on the DH.

Not so easy. This game is seriously fucking crap with RNG sometimes. There are 7 options. 7 fucking options. 10 rerolls... No crit. Burning through souls and gold fast.... gonna be broke soon if I keep trying.

EDIT: It just came up 1% crit. The range is 1% - 6%??

Totakeke

Has anyone tried/read about Fate of the Fel plus Eberli Charlo and getting some cdr then using Heaven's Fury with Ascendancy? Would only need about 40% CDR to get 100% uptime on the lasers, curious how that fares on higher torments with heaven's fury skill mods and holy damage items

Heaven's Fury runes aside from Fires of Heaven will never be good enough as primary damage dealers based on my experience, as long you're fine with that, then it certainly works. They also seem to be bugged with Judgment: Resolved as they don't gain the +80% crit chance.

Also this means you don't want to use AC Rally because once you cast it again, the beams refreshes so you can't stack them.

Actually, it sucks. Forget about it imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom