• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I saw someone on the general forums use the "how does it affect you, it's a single player game" argument as a way to justify adding trade. I thought that was pretty funny.

The main benefit of taht weapon is the permanent big bad voodoo. The fetish army skill itself is lackluster, since it's kills all your passive summoned fetishes every time you use it.

Yeah, I am ditching fetish army and try another rift with just BBV and fetish psyhopants.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is Magefist the only gloves that has an elemental boost (Fire that cannot be rolled) ?

If this is the case what is the idea behind this ?

I don't really understand the question. The purpose of (good) legendary items is to provide boosts that are not normally available on non-legendary items of that type.

I don't think the sycophants work for it. It specifies Fetish Army in the weapon's affix. Worth re-checking anyway.

Fetishes spawned via the Sycophants passive reduce the cooldown of BBV with every attack.

I hear ya. I stopped playing Wiz because I hit a 9-day straight gear wall. Very few "build-defining\game-changing" items and no class set pieces either. That got old. So I switched to Demon Hunter. I've had a lot more luck. But we'll see how long that lasts...

Yeah I got my last upgrade 2 saturdays ago. My gear isn't even that great there's so much for me to find. No luck though. I was thinking of DH myself, but they seem to need specific weapons and needing specific things is scary to me in this game right now.

Guesong

How viable are Fire builds compared to Lightning builds for Crusaders?

I guess what I'm really asking is should I give my Maximus to my Crusader or my Barb?

I got Maximus on my Crusader like 20 minutes after I hit 70 at launch, and it's still the weapon I'm using.

It saddens me, really. But on the plus side, that's because Maximus hurts like a goddamn truck. Trying to twist a fire build out of it with the very limited choices of Fire Crusader skills is not the way to go.

Here's a link to my profile.

Basically, I make use of Maximus to enhance Punish - Roar. That's it. I don't need much more than that. Charge in, vacuum everything up, call some good ol' rays, and watch the fireworks as blocking rips the bunched up mobs to shreds while healing me more than they damage me.

The part where Maximus truely helps me out here is for the single boss encounters. Fire Chains RIPS them open. Considering my build relies around blocking alot of attacks at once, it'd be much less efficient with another weapon, but Maximus remedies that.

I'm doing Torment III with relative ease at the moment, so it can't be that awful of a build.

I'm trying Sweep Attack at the moment see if it's better than Fists of Heavens, but I think I'll switch back to FoH soon to have that extra reach.

I don't really understand the question. The purpose of (good) legendary items is to provide boosts that are not normally available on non-legendary items of that type.

My bad, my question was not very clear , i meant why there is no other legendary gloves with other elemental boost?

And maybe i have a beginning of answer as i see that there is a belt with only lightning boost etc.

I was just curious as how the balance is done with elemental boost in the itemization.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got a SoJ, it's not great but it's still a massive upgrade because it's so OP. Took like 30 rolls to get any holy damage at all though.

4Ts8vlZ.jpg

Insaniac

Which would you guys recommend:

Belt with 7% IAS and 11% Electrocute damage

or

Thundergod's Vigor with 11% Lightning skill damage, 13% Electrocute damage (5% DPS drop)

IF: I use Electrocute Arc Lightning, Blackhole Supermassive (lightning spells)

and

I fight in melee range, therefore making the Thundergod proc more useful

assuming all other stats on the belts are negligible

scy

Oh, man, I would have taken that in a split second for my cru alt :\

I ended up just using the first one with a 14% Blessed Shield roll. Would have definitely preferred giving that one away, though. Second went to someone in the group thankfully so it wasn't a depressing soul.

My bad, my question was not very clear , i meant why there is no other legendary gloves with other elemental boost?

And maybe i have a beginning of answer as i see that there is a belt with only lightning boost etc.

I was just curious as how the balance is done with elemental boost in the itemization.

There's +Cold% Gloves as well. Lightning has a Belt and Poison has Pants. It's more that Magefists can be quadfecta and then there's Cindercoat :x

The Cowboy

Question to fellow Wizards regarding a skill and its performance.
-
I've just started playing with Mirror Image and am having a weird performance issue with it, whenever i active it my game goes from 60fps to around 45fps for a seconds or 2 (it kinda locks up) - this is in an empty town or during a big fight (after the game load its fine, then after a bit it starts to do this). I'm not sure if its the same issue as the UI one (when you get stutter/lag when you open/hover over things after a bit), is this a known issue with this skill?. For the life of me i can't get it to work smoothly, i mean apart from the usual places that get FPS drops (like the bridge etc), i can maintain a stable 60fps even with a screen full of enemies so its very weird to get a drop just for loading some duplicates.

starmetal kukri is alright so far, too inconsistent with fetish AI and doing dmg myself to keep it up. It works really well at T4+ for sure though.

Discobird

another day, another 8 etrayus to make me think i got a kridershot.

hear hear brother

Etrayu's not very sexy but at least it always rolls black damage so it's not hard to get good DPS out of it. I have a 2750 DPS Etrayu sitting in my stash for when I feel like pew pewing with a bow

Discobird

Can someone please help me with upgrades to my Demon Hunter?

Not sure what I should buy at Kadala's?

This is my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nonstand-2728/hero/36347164

Assuming you want to keep going down the CA:LFB path, here's what I would do (in rough order of effort):

• Put Preparation - Punishment on your bar, it is absolutely essential for CA:LFB builds unless you are one of the few lucky SOBs with legacy -CA cost gear. It will at least triple the number of CAs you can fire before running dry. I'd remove either wolf companion or marked for death depending on whether you need the wolf to tank for you or not.
  • Put Vault and/or Smokescreen on your bar, you need some kind of defensive skill to move up in Torment levels. Even if you're steamrolling content, Vault will help you get around the map faster and cut down your clear times. I'd remove either ROV or Vengeance depending on taste.
  • Reroll the CDR on your shoulders to RCR.
  • Get Cluster Arrow damage on your helm and boots. A rare helm with CC, CA damage and dex will outperform your current legendary helm by a lot even if the dex is lower.
  • Craft Reaper's Wraps with fire damage and CC. This plus BV plus paragon points in max hatred should net you around 80 hatred per globe. Very important for sustaining your resources. Once you have Cindercoat and Pride's Fall you can flirt with replacing Reaper's with Aughild's or Strongarms, but for now you really need the Reaper's.
  • Gamble for Cindercoat on a lvl 70 monk (so you don't get cloaks).
  • Do A3 bounties for Pride's Fall. Replace Perfectionist with Awareness when you get it to help maintain the Pride's Fall buff.
  • In the meantime, keep your eye out for rings with Dex, CC, CD and either AS or RCR. I wouldn't gamble rings until you're happy with your armor slots since rings cost 10 shards to gamble and there are a LOT of bad legendary rings out there. Everyone wants a trifecta Ring of Royal Grandeur, but IMO it's best not to farm A1 until you have your Pride's Fall, unless you have 3 pieces of good Marauder gear just begging to be worn or something.
  • Consider crafting Asheara's pants/shoulders/boots or Captain Crimson's belts/pants/boots if you have nothing better to put in those slots such as Harrington's, Marauder's pieces or Hexing Pants.

Those are the essentials. Notice I didn't list any weapon upgrades. Gambling for weapons is pretty inefficient right now. When you factor in all the 1H melee weapons and wands and crap you get from Kadala, the real cost is like 20 shards per usable weapon. Save the weapon gambling until you have the essential upgrades out of the way.

Also, I highly recommend using a 2H xbow until you can get a Cindercoat and Pride's Fall. Your resources must be really stretched by dual wielding right now. 2H Xbows have about 35% higher average damage per shot than comparable 1H xbows. That means that, from a damage/hatred efficiency perspective, switching from two 1H xbows to a 2H xbow and quiver with the same sheet DPS is like getting a free 25% resource cost reduction! It's huge. Even a rare 2H xbow with at least 2300 DPS would probably be an upgrade for you since your current 1Hers don't have any legendary affixes.

When you have everything on the list above you can look for the nice-to-have upgrades--weapons, Harrington's belt (super duper good), Hexing Pants (if you're good at stutterstepping), Marauder's gear, etc.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
What?

I remember paying 90 mil on EU/HC for the first really good Inna's Chest. That was one of the most expensive items for quite some time(yes, hidden brag). How are 83m much nowdays?

Depends on one thing, did you play the Auction House?

If you did, 83m is (should be) nothing.

th3dude

What?

I remember paying 90 mil on EU/HC for the first really good Inna's Chest. That was one of the most expensive items for quite some time(yes, hidden brag). How are 83m much nowdays?

For players like myself that didn't come back until 2.0 or later, we will never see anything close to that in terms of gold.

I sold everything on the AH right before it went down and hit maybe 8 mil, all of which was gone immediately in RoS with all the crazy costs for gems and rolling gear.

Realyn

For players like myself that didn't come back until 2.0 or later, we will never see anything close to that in terms of gold.

I sold everything on the AH right before it went down and hit maybe 8 mil, all of which was gone immediately in RoS with all the crazy costs for gems and rolling gear.

Yeah I too have huge gold problems since I'm playing SC this time around. Always sitting around 1-2m. Still, my point being people who kept playing should have hundreds if not thousands million of gold in their stash. Not a real "WTF?" moment for me there.

Just had this Andy drop. The stats aren't perfect but I can finally replace the socket.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wish they would change the gems required to rerolls necklaces and rings. Shit is ridiculously expensive, especially if you don't get what you want within the first few rolls. Make it require Imperial gems at least. :(

ManCannon

I have about 90M and I can answer this for you

start with 165M and waste 75M trying to get a goddamn socket

Sadly I once blew about 12M in a few minutes while late night drunk crafting with the Mystic. Never did get whatever it was I was trying for... the next morning I was broke and mad. > <

Shifty76

Yeah I too have huge gold problems since I'm playing SC this time around. Always sitting around 1-2m. Still, my point being people who kept playing should have hundreds if not thousands million of gold in their stash. Not a real "WTF?" moment for me there.

Just had this Andy drop. The stats aren't perfect but I can finally replace the socket.

I had around 400m but sold 350m of it on the RMAH which got me RoS for free so I'm not going to complain :)

Down to 20m now with all the crafts and rerolls.

scy

I mean, I've made like 200m+ gold since RoS launched so I'm not really sure. Just a lot of T3/T4 rifts and vendoring rares.

Edit: Granted, I've also spent like 200m+ gold since RoS launched :(

• Gamble for Cindercoat on a lvl 70 monk (so you don't get cloaks).
5 legendary cloaks later, I'm going to start doing this...

Though I have no illusions that it will help me. I've heard the horror stories of people spending upwards of 20k shards looking for one. I've only put in 5K so far....

Insaniac

5 legendary cloaks later, I'm going to start doing this...

Though I have no illusions that it will help me. I've heard the horror stories of people spending upwards of 20k shards looking for one. I've only put in 5K so far....

well, RNG ya know. I did get a very nice cindercoat on my wizard after only about 300 shards so, yeah

no i don't want vitality on this mace, i want a socket

no, that doesn't mean two options for less vitality

no

stop that

third time stop it

I hate that feeling when you're starting to feel that it would be faster and cost less to just farm for another legendary or material (if it has a plan) than to keep rerolling on an item that seems to refuse to give you anything.

Discobird

Weighted RNG. It's one of the more rare items you get from Kadala. Like Ice Climbers and Witching Hours.

I think your experience is a rather huge outlier.

It's hard to prove either way, but it doesn't feel as rare as those items, judging from how many people say they've gambled a Cindercoat on their monks whenever this topic comes up on the DH forums (and the sheer number of people with Cindercoats vs Witching Hours or Ice Climbers).

I got a Cindercoat on my monk in the first 400 shards after spending 1k shards on my DH, but I admit I got really lucky so I'm an outlier (this was before all the Kadala buffs too).

Rokam

Got a Blade of Prophecy yesterday, went from struggling to kill anything in T1 to one shotting champion packs & managing to get a few of the quick kill achievements. I had all but given up on the Crusader just because the gear wouldn't drop, and while grinding on my barb it dropped. Then when I switched to Crusader, TF finally dropped for my barb. Yesterday was a good day!

Dahbomb

Cindercoat is rarest chest that is neutral class.

I think rarest glove might be Frostburn Gauntlets. I have only seen one pair of it.

eek5

I killed that snake 7-8 times last night on T5 and got nothing. I just assumed it had been nerfed but I guess RNG just hates me

Damn that's some bad luck. I've definitely had streaks like that farming mats on high torment though. That RNG man :(

If you want I can nuke it for you on T6. Just send me a msg. Takes like 5-10s when I respec for all my CDs haha

Cindercoat is rarest chest that is neutral class.

I think rarest glove might be Frostburn Gauntlets. I have only seen one pair of it.

You know, I had totally forgotten about Frosties. I have not seen one pair since RoS launched. Come to think, I can't remember the last time I saw any.

Nokterian

I think i found the performance problems..this game doesn't like 120hz monitors. So putting it to 60hz and in-game v-sync it runs pretty stable right now? Pretty bad on blizzard part for not supporting 120/144 hertz monitors. Still ridiculous the game is not optimized for high end machines and can cripple with v-sync off and not working with nvidia inspector.

Dahbomb

I have one in my chest for novelty purposes. Rolls are bad though.

Farmed today for Aughilds on my Monk. Didn't get what I want, got really unlucky with the Shoulder rolls (no game I do not want SSS). One of the chests was just one roll away from being excellent.

Oh well tomorrow I can try again. At least getting the mats wasn't too difficult.

Dec

I think i found the performance problems..this game doesn't like 120hz monitors. So putting it to 60hz and in-game v-sync it runs pretty stable right now? Pretty bad on blizzard part for not supporting 120/144 hertz monitors. Still ridiculous the game is not optimized for high end machines and can cripple with v-sync off and not working with nvidia inspector.

Problem with ingame vsync is that it actually causes screen tearing some how. Force triple buffering outside the game rather than using in game if you notice that kind of thing. Using windowed fullscreen rather than normal fullscreen works as well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151267791

larvi

What do you mean by performance problems? I'm running 144hz in windows and have vsync off in game and I've been seeing server lag issues lately and the usual slow downs in heavily populated areas but don't see how the refresh rate would affect that.

no i don't want vitality on this mace, i want a socket

no, that doesn't mean two options for less vitality

no

stop that

third time stop it

I hate that feeling when you're starting to feel that it would be faster and cost less to just farm for another legendary or material (if it has a plan) than to keep rerolling on an item that seems to refuse to give you anything.

Hah. Yeah. I'm the master of getting two of the exact same roll with no difference. It's like purposeful, anti-rng. Oh, you no longer wanted this 1000 Life on hit? Here is 1000 Life on Hit and 1000 Life on Hit for you to choose from.

The real question is: Do you superstitiously keep your original roll or take one of the new rolls?

Fularu

Banned
Elemental damage fix :

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to pop in here and let you know that we have a potential fix in place for this internally and it is currently looking like this fix will retroactively apply to existing weapons. While we will not be able to deploy this as a hotfix, we currently expect this fix to make it to live servers with our next game patch. I obviously can't make promises as to when that patch will arrive, but it is something we are actively working on, and we hope to be able to get that deployed as soon as possible.

Thanks again for all of your reports. I know it took me a bit of time to get back to you, but your patience is greatly appreciated!

Retroactive, as I've said a few times in clan chat

RDreamer

Elemental damage fix :

Retroactive, as I've said a few times in clan chat

Awesome. I've got a bow waiting on this that should get a good boost... Though a second with black damage rollable to get some extra just dropped for me today too. I'll have to see what ends up better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom