• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

taybul

Pretty good day today: opened a bunch of A1 caches and a lonely orange spire with the word "Ring" underneath appeared. Tried enchanting my Marauder chest for sockets so I could replace my Cloak of Garwulf and get the 4-set bonus now that I finally had the RoRG, only managed to get 2 sockets. While farming shortly after Marauder pants dropped, already had double sockets. Slapped those on, put Garwulf back on and now I have a fucking small infantry of 3 wolves, 2 bats (for some reason), 2 ferrets, a boar, and the templar companion. The templar has a weapon that summons a minion to battle on hit and I've got the amulet that spawns 2 clones on stun. In total I could have 12 additional allies with me on the field. Kinda nuts.

Bombless

Pretty good day today: opened a bunch of A1 caches and a lonely orange spire with the word "Ring" underneath appeared. Tried enchanting my Marauder chest for sockets so I could replace my Cloak of Garwulf and get the 4-set bonus now that I finally had the RoRG, only managed to get 2 sockets. While farming shortly after Marauder pants dropped, already had double sockets. Slapped those on, put Garwulf back on and now I have a fucking small infantry of 3 wolves, 2 bats (for some reason), 2 ferrets, a boar, and the templar companion. The templar has a weapon that summons a minion to battle on hit and I've got the amulet that spawns 2 clones on stun. In total I could have 12 additional allies with me on the field. Kinda nuts.

A crow and a bat.

When you have a good group of fetishes up, and a clear line of sight, this becomes a perfect way to snipe specific targets:

wm5LPoH.png

Vossler

I've been going back and forth with my DH in regards to dual wielding, or just 1 xbow with quiver.....I like the faster attack speed of 1 w/ quiver....but dual wielding gives me that much more discipline....I have a couple decent quivers, I'm trying to get cc on one that would be perfect, but it just won't roll. I need RNGesus to help me out there. I go back and forth, and I find that while vaulting is cool, shadow power is actually more helpful with my setup in doing dps.

The Cowboy

Got some decent stuff today, a Tasker and Theo and Last Breath for my WD. I also got this for Rifting, it'll tide me over until a Thunder drops.
Its not as damaging as I'd like terms of DPS, but for Rifting the proc hits like a truck and it hits often.
First experience with Rift it Forward.

"T2 Rift Boss ready - last one in opens"

The last guy in immediately leaves....
It happens with all things like this, the good thing is the community leader seems to keep on banning/listing the people who do it so they don't get in groups much.

Another night of absolutely garbage drops. Going on 2 weeks now with nothing to show for it except 74 forgotten souls in the bank and nothing to spend them on. I mean...just throw me a bone, Blizz! I'll take ANYTHING!*

*anything being a TF, SoH, Woh, SoJ, MLW, Tal ammy, off-hand or chest, Vyrs chest or pants, GoO....anything.

Nete

My third piece of Akkhan though!

I'd play an alt but then I'd get depressed when I finish their set faster :(

Thats exactly the reason I almost haven't touched the others classes in RoS yet. I would be so sad to finish a set with another class, specially when I was unable to complete Akkhan one in beta too.

That said, right now I'm sitting with 4 crusader set pieces, so with some luck I should get it complete soon™. A Blizzard soon, as two of those pieces have been gifts from other GAFers, I still can't get one more by myself :(

Vossler

I had a huge rush of greens two weekends ago, haven't seen one since....really wanting to get another Firebird Piece set, then rock my mirror ball out like crazy.

scy

Thats exactly the reason I almost haven't touched the others classes in RoS yet. I would be so sad to finish a set with another class, specially when I was unable to complete Akkhan one in beta too.

That said, right now I'm sitting with 4 crusader set pieces, so with some luck I should get it complete soon™. A Blizzard soon, as two of those pieces have been gifts from other GAFers, I still can't get one more by myself :(

I've gotten more non-Crusader set pieces on my Crusader than I have pieces of Akkhan. :/

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I've gotten more non-Crusader set pieces on my Crusader than I have pieces of Akkhan. :/

Lol the other week I got a piece of the DH set while playing my crusader, I just gave it to my DH friend who I was playing with.

Thinking back on it, it must have been hilarious to hear that exchange.

Me "OH SHIT A SET HELM, GUYS COULD IT BE? THERE ISN'T A BLACKTHORNES HAT IS THERE?"
Friend 1 "oh dude grats! what'd ya get!?"
Me "I THINK THIS IS MY LUCKY DAY I'LL HAVE 3 PEICE CRUSADER SET!"
Friend 1 "Just fuckin ID it dude"
Friend 2 "watch em have built a blackthornes hat just for you"
Me "Alright here we go"
Me "Dex? what the fuck is this? Oh come on it's the 70 demon hunters set helm..."
Friend 2 "gimmie"
Me "goddamn it hahaha just fucking take it"
Friend 1 "wow you got wilsoned in a post wilson world"

traveler

Not Wario
I've gotten more invokers than any other set. Up to 3 different pieces now. Also have the thorns shield. Don't have the bugged bracers, 4th piece, or hack though.

On that note, can anyone explain the theory behind the thornlight builds and such? I see people pairing thorns with fissure and charged up but I don't really get it. How do thorns synergize in any way with those? More to the point, are there any thorns builds that are even viable.

scy

I've gotten more invokers than any other set. Up to 3 different pieces now. Also have the thorns shield. Don't have the bugged bracers, 4th piece, or hack though.

I don't even count Invokers as a drop. I just leave it on the ground to send a message to the game.

Nete

Guys, in what items is it possible to have CDR?
Thanks

Shoulders, gloves, amulet, rings, crusader shield (not regular ones), weapon, helmet gem socket (diamond) and several set bonus (Captain Crimson, Born's).

Not sure on quivers, sources and mojos.

I laughed so hard last night with this. Running a T4 rift, called for players on the boss at 50% health with a "shortest nick opens". Tons of invite requests as usual, and suddenly the fourth player, a guy with a 4 letters nick, cancels the joining. SUSPICIOUS.

Since it I just go for paragon. Highest, lowest or the mid one.

eek5

I don't like last in opens. I usually just randomly pick someone (either by doing a random.org roll for 2->4 or by picking the first barb I see because I hate barb).

I also block anyone that leaves before portal is open even if someone says they got it or someone is called out. You should stay until a portal is open as a backup opener, always.

I would just block that guy that left and link his name in the RIF chat so other people can block him.

I don't really understand that mentality though. There are way more leechers than runners. I'd gladly pay 5 frags for 50 blood shards every single run if it meant I didn't have to compete with anyone... and for this reason I'll also often invite people that open the gate back to my next run.

eek5

CS would still require me to stop and is WAY less effective than SSS every 6 seconds or so.

Everything I've read says that that bonus happens when you move then activate a skill so if you move then hit SSS you should still get a bonus. For example if you TR from a standing start you wont' get the bonus but if you start walking then TR then you do get it.

cdyhybrid

Trying to roll CHD on my Asheara's gloves is going to bankrupt me. There aren't even that many options for it to compete with >:|

Fucking RNG. This plus refusing to give me TGV.

scy

It's easier to just accept loot won't happen.

I hope Kadala gives me an awesome paperweight when I hit 50,000 shards.

jblank83

I try to achieve a state of Buddhist non-desiring while playing Diablo 3. I stay in a state of contentedness with my equipment and if an upgrade happens to occur, then great.

Although I am working on Asheara's. Was happy to find that farming Iron Wolves Doctrine is a lot easier than farming Aughild's crafting mat.

scy

I hate having to use this just to keep up. I wish I could use my Defender of Westmarch without falling behind. :(

-MSPD is literally the least fun thing they could possibly have done as a penalty. The game boils down to efficiency and mowing through stuff. A penalty you can never circumvent (outside of an affix on a premium affix slot) is pretty much the definition of anti-fun.

Why can't this just have been like a reduced chance to block or a hit to our Armor or anything besides "hurrr, you move slower thats fun"

datamage

I try to achieve a state of Buddhist non-desiring while playing Diablo 3. I stay in a state of contentedness with my equipment and if an upgrade happens to occur, then great.

Although I am working on Asheara's. Was happy to find that farming Iron Wolves Doctrine is a lot easier than farming Aughild's crafting mat.

Haha, I love this. I try to do the same.

I have been so good about this. Not sure why, but ever since I started playing my Wiz, I am getting very frustrated with the lack of drops. Dunno why it is bothering me so much. Was I really getting that many drops on my WD? Using the exact mf too (yes I know mf affects quality not quantity). I mean, not even 2H swords. Eh, it's only been one day I guess.

ZenaxPure

Last night I decided I wanted to play my DH a bit so I just did an act 1 bounty run on T1, opened the one cache and got the ring from it (wasn't that great stat wise but I didn't have a dex one yet). I then walked over to Kadala and spent the few shards I had and got a Tasker and Theo (working on the zoo/sentry build since I'm not a big fan of CA).

This fucking game sometimes man.

datamage

-MSPD is literally the least fun thing they could possibly have done as a penalty. The game boils down to efficiency and mowing through stuff. A penalty you can never circumvent (outside of an affix on a premium affix slot) is pretty much the definition of anti-fun.

Why can't this just have been like a reduced chance to block or a hit to our Armor or anything besides "hurrr, you move slower thats fun"

Blizzard is striving for realism. It's obviously a more difficult feat to maneuver around with a weapon made to be wielded with two hands, and a giant shield.
;)

WicketSmaht here-

Why, oh why, do I have to swap gear between each char's Enchantress, Templar, and Scoundrel? Fix this shit Blizz.

Also - I have a strange feeling they're going to do a content patch at some point which opens the Necromancer as a companion as well. I can feel it.

Like others have said, isn't it enough that we're giving up a Passive Slot?

Been playing Wiz non stop since yesterday and all I've gotten is a shitty Sunkeeper and an INT Maximus. Easily 12+ rifts completed

Yeah.

Was the sun keeper bad rolls? I want one for the plus to elites.

Everything I've read says that that bonus happens when you move then activate a skill so if you move then hit SSS you should still get a bonus. For example if you TR from a standing start you wont' get the bonus but if you start walking then TR then you do get it.

Hmm ... Maybe I'm just trippin' myself out. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Interesting - blue comment on a Rift it Forward thread without threat of impending doom.

This sounds like a great way for like minded members of the community to get together, farm a lot of Rifts, and have some fun. I'm glad to hear that so many of you are having a great time doing it, and I'm looking forward to jumping on the bandwagon. Have shards, will Rift.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12506571192?page=3#45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom