• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm seriously considering buy a $40 expansion. >_<

This new patch turned me around completely. It's such an awesome game now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
All transmogified to Sovereign set (yellow items, you got them just by leveling the mystic) but the boots and gloves (Akkhan set).

dagvdsafdsfdsafdsafdsaf

Nokterian

Adventure Mode,Bounty's,Nephalem Rifts are one of those things that will keep you busy and this tease from twitter means one thing..ladders are coming.

#D3RoS Systems designers researching ladders... yup, fun to climb!

Biuz9PRCQAAFyhJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/joshmosq/status/444646853083004928

Just saw the community designed legendary with the most generic name and type of weapon ever.

sGpEe5K.png

Proc seems cool, even better that for my WD, the nova sounds like an aoe rather than the other two which sounds like a single projectile and a randomized projectile.

styl3s

What's wrong with buying a $40 expansion? Especially considering you get a boat load of new content and class. It's not like it's some bullshit season pass where you get a few maps.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Legendary OT! Subbed!

How long before Yoshi ragequits it? (the thread, not the game) ;)

I am almost rage quitting the thread right now. Back and forth-action between Torment 4 and the thread is making my group have less exp efficiency! Gotta focus on the action to min max dat shit!

Heck. When I first accepted this OT, I was planning on making it REALLY serious and detailed. But... this game allowed zero downtime for the past two weeks ._.

Valnen

sad that they killed the AH, imo.

I don't see why they can't just leave it up honestly and leave the new drop rates in. I honestly think it's because they know people are stupid and would blame the AH if they got a string of bad luck. Best to just remove it for good PR.

With legendaries being account bound and having a decent drop rate there really is no good reason to remove it though.

Enemy level scaling actually makes this have the best difficulty setup of any ARPG right now. Not having to beat the game multiple times to reach end game is glorious and all ARPG's should be set up this way.

I dont know, isn't the difficulty levels enough? I can't stand the thought of level scaling in any game, I like having everything static so you can see your progress. If you want a challenge, up the difficulty to Master or whatever.

I've already beaten the game 4 times with a char, now I feel like I'm level 1 again.

Valnen

I dont know, isn't the difficulty levels enough?

Not really. I like having at least some threat of getting killed while leveling up, and the new system does that quite well if I want it to. And I don't want to have to beat the game 4 times per class to get a challenge.

Dahbomb

You can see your progress in this game too. Like if you are farming Torment 2 and then suddenly change to Normal you will see how far you have come in the game.

Holy shit, just got a cindercoat to drop for my dh that will last me way into 70 come ros, so many cluster arrows so much damage!

I don't see why they can't just leave it up honestly and leave the new drop rates in. I honestly think it's because they know people are stupid and would blame the AH if they got a string of bad luck. Best to just remove it for good PR.

With legendaries being account bound and having a decent drop rate there really is no good reason to remove it though.

No, they really cannot let it stay. No matter what the drop rates are, you'll always feel like your finding shit in comparison to what's going to be on there.

Nokterian

sad that they killed the AH, imo.

What? The AH is one of the worst things ever added to a ARPG. It was a bad idea since they announced it and it was bad when it was launched. This wasn't Diablo 3 but Diablo 3 AH Edition...only way to get good loot was getting a lot of gold and buy it from the AH. Thank god that is changed to what Diablo really is..killing hordes of monsters and get good loot.

kirblar

With Blizzard accounts becoming hyper-individualized with achievements/armories visible now, D3 was the one game where P2W was a real thing, and it stood out against the others. Removing it also works as a show of faith to the audience that it's a clean slate. You can definitely do RoS with it, but I don't think the costs would be worth the trade-offs, knowing what we know now.

I totally understand why they put it in initially in an attempt to regulate the black market, but given the problems they ended up with (as well as the black market still functioning out there), removing it was the better of the two options.

Valnen

What? The AH is one of the worst things ever added to a ARPG. It was a bad idea since they announced it and it was bad when it was launched. This wasn't Diablo 3 but Diablo 3 AH Edition...only way to get good loot was getting a lot of gold and buy it from the AH. Thank god that is changed to what Diablo really is..killing hordes of monsters and get good loot.

That was because they tuned the drop rates around the existence of the AH. Now that that's not an issue, why not just leave it in?

Not really. I like having at least some threat of getting killed while leveling up, and the new system does that quite well if I want it to. And I don't want to have to beat the game 4 times per class to get a challenge.

I agree about your last statement, but I'm referring to the new difficulty settings not inferno and all that garbage. You want a challenge, select a higher difficulty on the fly, no need to also add a level scaler.

I'm going to have to play a while on 2.0 to make a definitive statement but theoretically it rubs me the wrong way.

V_Arnold

I am sorry D3-gaf, but I cant care yet. Yet.
PoE holds my soul firmly, not even free legendaries change that :p

Okay, that 4-set Tal Rasha bonus will draw me back. I WILL have that in my life.

TheYanger

I dont know, isn't the difficulty levels enough? I can't stand the thought of level scaling in any game, I like having everything static so you can see your progress. If you want a challenge, up the difficulty to Master or whatever.

I've already beaten the game 4 times with a char, now I feel like I'm level 1 again.

Uh, you do? cause I go in on my level 60 to 'normal' and sneeze at ANY mob and it dies. I can one shot diablo almost.

Nokterian

That was because they tuned the drop rates around the existence of the AH. Now that that's not an issue, why not just leave it in?

It is still a issue people will not play the game for loot they will play it for the AH and that isnt what diablo is about. Thank god it is gone, and the new money sink is the Mystic for example.

Dahbomb

So don't look at it. Problem solved. This really isn't a good reason to remove it.
People don't understand that Blizzard will never implement an AH without decreasing the loot quality significantly. The balance is impossible to maintain... either loot is good and the game becomes a cake walk because you can get items so easily on the AH (good loot just means it's easier to buy them for cheap on the AH). Or loot is shit and progress is hindered without use of AH which is what D3 was.

Buying items on the AH defeats the purpose of the game. No matter how Blizzard makes the game with an AH, acquiring gear is going to be the most efficient through playing the AH.

That said the system they have now isn't exactly great either due to BoA. Severe restriction on trading means it's harder to make crazy builds that require very specific gears/Legendaries. I have been trying to find a Thundergod's Vigor since like the launch of 2.0 and I still haven't gotten it yet.

Yoshichan

Okay, that 4-set Tal Rasha bonus will draw me back. I WILL have that in my life.
wat wat wat

Also I am using 4-set TR right now... SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

Valnen

Have they even fixed the desync issues that game has yet? And are the developers still being stubborn dicks and refusing to add basic features like floating combat text?

Terra

Having played since new patch and feeling kind of burned out. It´s an amazing uplift that has been done to the game. It´s fun to play again, but I am 50/50 on RoS right now.

I want to see another expansion promise coming after RoS. Hopefully pretty soon.
RoS is NOT a boatload of content. That is for sure.

AEREC

Pre-orderd...really hope that Mathiel (or whatever demon) doesn't taunt you every 10 seconds:

"You may have defeated Diablo...but you will never defeat me"

Valnen

People don't understand that Blizzard will never implement an AH without decreasing the loot quality significantly. The balance is impossible to maintain... either loot is good and the game becomes a cake walk because you can get items so easily on the AH .

Doesn't BoA eliminate that problem? The AH effectively can't sell the best gear with the way loot 2.0 works. Even if they left the AH in, the best way to gear your character would be entirely with loot you find yourself since legendaries and set items>rares now.

Pre-orderd...really hope that Mathiel (or whatever demon) doesn't taunt you every 10 seconds:

"You may have defeated Diablo...but you will never defeat me"

I don't think there's any boss taunting at all in Act V (and none in any act in Adventure Mode), but it's been months since I watched video of it.

Kssio_Aug

Already pre-ordered mine too! However, is the digital and "basic" one. =)
Can't wait to see that level 70 equipments and the Adventure Mode!

Having played since new patch and feeling kind of burned out. It´s an amazing uplift that has been done to the game. It´s fun to play again, but I am 50/50 on RoS right now.

I want to see another expansion promise coming after RoS. Hopefully pretty soon.

This is pretty much how I feel as well. I'm definitely sure I will do a wait and see. The end goal of just playing blindly for random legendary drops on a timer doesn't sit well with me at the moment. Noticing obvious patterns of the same shit legendaries drop and knowing your timer is reset upon drop of it just makes me want to log out and give up.

Valnen

This is pretty much how I feel as well. I'm definitely sure I will do a wait and see. The end goal of just playing blindly for random legendary drops on a timer doesn't sit well with me at the moment. Noticing obvious patterns of the same shit legendaries drop and knowing your timer is reset upon drop of it just makes me want to log out and give up.

You don't want to farm loot in a loot game?

kirblar

Doesn't BoA eliminate that problem? The AH effectively can't sell the best gear with the way loot 2.0 works. Even if they left the AH in, the best way to gear your character would be entirely with loot you find yourself since legendaries and set items>rares now.
The materials become super-valuable for crafting. The P2W aspect simply doesn't go with their direction in all 4 other games they have and so it's been removed. Better to remove it than risk history repeating, and gives them a unified "want to get more stuff? Play more!" message across their brand.

Nokterian

Adventure Mode,Bounty's,Nephalem Rifts and last but not least Ladders are coming also. And RoS is a butload of content. You clearly don;t want to do these runs for better loot.

Valnen

Better to remove it than risk history repeating, and gives them a unified "want to get more stuff? Play more!" message across their brand.

Exactly why I feel it's a PR move and not an intelligent design decision. People will scream P2W even when it's not.

So I got D3 for free through the wow annual pass promotion (was going to be on wow anyways so whatever). What I can't tell now is if i now own D3 even if i for some reason cancelled wow. Not that i planned to, but it'd be weird potentially buying an expansion to a base that might expire

Tzeentch

So I got D3 for free through the wow annual pass promotion (was going to be on wow anyways so whatever). What I can't tell now is if i now own D3 even if i for some reason cancelled wow. Not that i planned to, but it'd be weird potentially buying an expansion to a base that might expire
-- I got it the same way, and yes you keep Diablo 3 even if you cancel WoW.

-- Which is good because WoW is currently just a waiting game treadmill and D3 is now the best its ever been.

Kssio_Aug

The only problem in my opinion is that the rng seems quite buggy or unbalanced yet. I can see that some people get many armor equipents, some get many weapons, and not 50/50. I, for example, may have dropped, in 10 legendaries, 6 or 7 weapons (and mostly swords). Hope that they balance it better soon, I need better gear!

The onlu problem in my opinion is that the rng seems quite buggy or unbalanced yet. I can see that some people get many armor equipents, some get many weapons, and not 50/50. I, for example, may have dropped, in 10 legendaries, 6 or 7 weapons (and mostly swords). Hope that they balance it better soon, I need better gear!

I've looted a disproportionate amount of Voodoo masks. I just figured RNG though. Probably RNG.

-- I got it the same way, and yes you keep Diablo 3 even if you cancel WoW.

-- Which is good because WoW is currently just a waiting game treadmill and D3 is now the best its ever been.

yea i'm still working through some heroic progressions with the guild on the last instance but that's all i'm doing in the game. Its good to know the D3 game i got is now not going away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom