• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

wat wat wat

Also I am using 4-set TR right now... SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

I hope it remains viable on lv70!

Have they even fixed the desync issues that game has yet? And are the developers still being stubborn dicks and refusing to add basic features like floating combat text?

Desynch is still in there. I wont ever use fast movement skills. Searing Bond abuse FTW.
And no, no combat text, but I personally never missed that in the genre. D2 did not have it and I survived. It is an MMO feature, not an ARPG-one.

EDIT: Also, I shall be a stubborn person and play only Wizard till I see how good WD is when the Torment farming begins. Sorry, my Hounds.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hammerdin you mean? idk wtf a Crusader is.

THE SOUNDS OF HAMMERS

I HAVE DREAMT

10 YEARS

FOR IT TO BE REMADE

IT IS HAPPENING

10 DAYS

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Another day closer!

862141.gif

Alric

So who here does solely Hardcore mode? Haven't played Diablo 3 in quite some time but I only made Hardcore characters when I did.

Gotchaye

I've been trying to level up some characters to 60 in preparation for the expansion. I only had a Wizard before Loot 2.0 hit. My Demon Hunter hit 60 before the end of Act 3 because I could throw a ruby on a random weapon and multishot my way through Torment.

I'm going through with a monk now, though, and it's much slower - I'm level 42 halfway through Act 3. I don't feel like I do nearly as much damage and while I can take more hits I have to be right in the thick of things such that I end up taking a fair amount of damage. Expert seems like the experience-maximizing difficulty for me, which I find disappointing because I've got a massive damage bonus on my weapon from some tier of star ruby and I have radiant square diamonds in four or five armor slots. Is there some non-obvious best build for leveling monks that can tear through Torment using high-end gems?

You don't want to farm loot in a loot game?

Ehh I guess i'm just feeling grumpy about how Blizzard handles drop rate for legendaries. I've gotten so many that I can see patterns from myself and in the GAF clan that many junk legendaries are artificially raised to drop and they revealed that legendaries will increase over time so when said junk legendary like this just dropped for me, it just makes me wanna log off knowing I have to farm like another hour to get a high chance of said item dropping. Just wish it was completely evenly randomized rather than Blizzard controlled drop rate.

And yes I do play for loot, I farm normal/hard mode over T3 for paragon levels which I am capable of doing just to get loot. I want to try out some WD class drops but no luck so far other than 1 set ring (zunimassa set).

it just makes me wanna log off knowing I have to farm like another hour to get a high chance of said item dropping. Just wish it was completely evenly randomized rather than Blizzard controlled drop rate.

... there's no control about it aside from a safety net if you're unlucky. Which is awesome.

I've got two within the span of five minutes before, six in one hour and sometimes I have to wait out that invincible timer.

ZenaxPure

You don't want to farm loot in a loot game?

Well personally I didn't put hundreds of hours into vanilla D3 because I wanted to farm loot (since that aspect of the game was pretty meh). I am more excited for random dungeons/adventure mode then I am excited for any of the loot changes (except increased elemental damage, that shit was fucking needed really bad and I am still confused how it wasn't in the game at launch).

Really though the new set up doesn't really make it seem like you can actually "farm" for loot. With how the drops work right now you are entirely at the mercy of RNG which is totally shitty. I've been trying to get one more piece of my IK set for the past week but it's not like I have any control over what legendary items drop when they do drop. My one hope on that end is that the RoS crafting can get around that a bit, it seems interesting.

... there's no control about it aside from a safety net if you're unlucky. Which is awesome.

I've got two within the span of five minutes before, six in one hour and sometimes I have to wait out that invincible timer.

Yeah pretty much, the timer is entirely a safety net, legendary items are still bound by some sort of RNG. I mean quite literally this morning I killed an elite pack and got a legendary sword then went and opened a chest and got a legendary mace from it, about roughly one minute from each other.

bcl0328

anyone willing to power level a char from 1-60? i really want a wizard but don't have a lot of free time, and RoS is coming soon.

This OT is one of the best OTs I've seen in a while. Now all I have to do is WAIT FOR THE PS4 VERSION.

It's going to be tough, I know. :(

Drayco21

This is a godly OP. I've managed to hold off on buying any version of Diablo III since its release despite being a big Blizzard fan, but I'm all in for the PS4 version. Couch Co-Op, no auction house, latest patched version, and the base game + expansion in one? Can't wait.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks guys, so much for the compliments! I had no fucking idea it was gonna bring such positive reactions :lol

Clearly, rushed OTs > well thought out OTs

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hell yeah and if you're playing hammer crusader, you're doing it wrong. Yeah that's right I said it!

DON'T YOU PUT THAT HAMMER HATE ON ME

Thanks guys, so much for the compliments! I had no fucking idea it was gonna bring such positive reactions :lol

GAF needs more of your mspaint skills

tomasdk

Very nice OT, had a good laugh.
I'm a bit sad I won't be there for the launch as my copy from Amazon will arrive God knows when, hopefully in time for me to get the pre-order bonuses. On the other hand, if it will be like the previous launch better not be there :D

eek5

Gold or real money? Is anyone still buying with real money or should I just stockpile gold?

For gems and stuff? Gold. For some equipment, RMAH might be better then convert back to gold but time is kind of running out for that..

I've been trying to level up some characters to 60 in preparation for the expansion. I only had a Wizard before Loot 2.0 hit. My Demon Hunter hit 60 before the end of Act 3 because I could throw a ruby on a random weapon and multishot my way through Torment.

I'm going through with a monk now, though, and it's much slower - I'm level 42 halfway through Act 3. I don't feel like I do nearly as much damage and while I can take more hits I have to be right in the thick of things such that I end up taking a fair amount of damage. Expert seems like the experience-maximizing difficulty for me, which I find disappointing because I've got a massive damage bonus on my weapon from some tier of star ruby and I have radiant square diamonds in four or five armor slots. Is there some non-obvious best build for leveling monks that can tear through Torment using high-end gems?

Monk was easiest for me. I was one shotting enemies with his sprint skill. Fastest playthroughs ever.

I am thinking of actually resetting all my quests and going through the campaign over and over for legendaries on normal to plow through.

Savitar

Loving the changes they made with the game, the story is still shit but you know. It's made me decide to get the CE for the expansion despite questioning how much content there really is.

But I do got to ask....with the AH going out the door is there a point for this game to stay online? Making this thing offline capable should be much less work than something like Simcity.

Wouldn't have to deal with the wacky lag lately.

Valnen

D2 did not have it and I survived. It is an MMO feature, not an ARPG-one.

I consider it an RPG feature, not to be confined to any specific type of RPG. Just because Diablo 2 didn't have a basic feature does not mean all future games should exclude it. Diablo 2 is an old ass game, new games should be striving for more modern design elements.

Skab

IAnd no, no combat text, but I personally never missed that in the genre. D2 did not have it and I survived. It is an MMO feature, not an ARPG-one.

I consider it an RPG feature, not to be confined to any specific type of RPG. Just because Diablo 2 didn't have a basic feature does not mean all future games should exclude it. Diablo 2 is an old ass game, new games should be striving for more modern design elements.

I'm confused here. Diablo 3 has always had floating damage numbers, or are you guys referring to something more specific?

ampere

Honestly the super duper fancy OTs people make look more like PR releases than they do fan created threads. It's best if an OT has some information, and then lots of fun. This OT is funny and it told me about the new expac features, so it's good in my book.

Teknoman

I'm confused here. Diablo 3 has always had floating damage numbers, or are you guys referring to something more specific?

Probably some sort of chat log damage info? Honestly i'd rather have it like D1 or 2 where you dont see any numbers, just the enemy bar drain.

TheYanger

Ehh I guess i'm just feeling grumpy about how Blizzard handles drop rate for legendaries. I've gotten so many that I can see patterns from myself and in the GAF clan that many junk legendaries are artificially raised to drop and they revealed that legendaries will increase over time so when said junk legendary like this just dropped for me, it just makes me wanna log off knowing I have to farm like another hour to get a high chance of said item dropping. Just wish it was completely evenly randomized rather than Blizzard controlled drop rate.

And yes I do play for loot, I farm normal/hard mode over T3 for paragon levels which I am capable of doing just to get loot. I want to try out some WD class drops but no luck so far other than 1 set ring (zunimassa set).

uh, it IS completely randomized. You get an increasing drop rate, it's not '0% then it goes to 100% after 2 hours' like people want to marginalize it to. I have absolutely gotten like 8 legendaries in two hours and sometimes 1 in 3 or 4.

Skab

Probably some sort of chat log damage info? Honestly i'd rather have it like D1 or 2 where you dont see any numbers, just the enemy bar drain.

Well, you can turn them off. Theres options to hide the white dmg and the yellow crit dmg. So you can show neither or just one or the other if you want. I play with just crit dmg on.

KAP151

Want to be at para150 for RoS launch.

Bank alts are emptying (finally), selling/de all my old legs and greens.

The only question remains is just how shitty will the Blizzard servers be. Hopefully the mice and the 386's powering the servers are primed and ready.

Bring It!

uh, it IS completely randomized. You get an increasing drop rate, it's not '0% then it goes to 100% after 2 hours' like people want to marginalize it to. I have absolutely gotten like 8 legendaries in two hours and sometimes 1 in 3 or 4.

That's not what I am saying. I am saying certain legendaries have higher drop rate than other legendaries. Believe me I know you can get lucky streak on drops (I have, I got 8 legendaries 3 set items in 2 reset runs and ID'ed them all at the same time which lagged several people for seconds) Yes if you were on at that time, that was me. 11 fiery brimstomes.

kirblar

The only problem in my opinion is that the rng seems quite buggy or unbalanced yet. I can see that some people get many armor equipents, some get many weapons, and not 50/50. I, for example, may have dropped, in 10 legendaries, 6 or 7 weapons (and mostly swords). Hope that they balance it better soon, I need better gear!
They've confirmed it's not working as intended right now as 60 because it's balanced around 60 being a notch on the leveling ladder. (2Hs the biggest symptom.)

Nokterian

I love this OT Yoshi knows how to make it..fast and dirty also gonna level up a Crusader from the get go! :D

Amazing people all ready here..love you gaf! <3
tumblr_m1u44w4jF41qjtv36o1_400.gif

Yoshichan

I love this OT Yoshi knows how to make it..fast and dirty also gonna level up a Crusader from the get go! :D

Amazing people all ready here..love you gaf! <3
tumblr_m1u44w4jF41qjtv36o1_400.gif
LOVE YOU TOO NOKTERIAN :_:

This is so emotional for me!

Yoshichan

Thanks for changing the OT title, shouta :D!

maouvin

That OP. I'm underreacting towards it right now, for the sake of my health. Good show!

I'll sit there with the "waiting for the PS4 version" people now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom