• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

desverger

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!! So during my lunch break I figured I would just give this a quick try so I don't have to fuss later tonight when I play with some friends. I went with Ballistics and Custom Engineer, put on sentry + missiles and cluster shot + missiles. Within 5 minutes of playing with it, this fucking quiver dropped, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bombadiers-rucksack

Now I have 5 missile firing sentries. It is insane. My build just got way more fun/awesome.

Haha wow, that is insane. Grats on the drop, I can only imagine how crazy it is!

Ourobolus

Banned
Still gotta put in my order. I'll probably succumb to it. Got too much shit to play right now - Dark Souls 2, FFX/X-2 HD, SMT....urgh.

Braag

well looky what the maillady brought me today.

Ro_S.jpg

Few more days....

traveler

Not Wario
"Heavenly Strength".... Oh sweet baby Jesus

That's my style.

I think it's going to be everyone's style tbh. I don't think the penalty they have in place is enough, especially pre-optimized endgame lootrun levels of gear when ms really matters. Kind of a shame as there are some 1 handers I'd love to try with the class, but it seems like passing up a 2 hander is just too big an opportunity cost.

Kacho

Guys I am way too excited for this. I'm thinking about taking a nap when I get home on Monday just so I can play all night before work on Tuesday. I need help.

eh..what the hell am i reading here?

Before D3 launched, they showed off a damn cool team vs team Arena MP mode at Blizzcon that was a hell of a lot of fun. But it wasn't in the game at launch, and after a while they said 'nope, we aren't putting it in'. I know a few people who also bought D3 based on that MP mode, and were a bit sad it wasn't in.

Mugaaz

I think it's going to be everyone's style tbh. I don't think the penalty they have in place is enough, especially pre-optimized endgame lootrun levels of gear when ms really matters. Kind of a shame as there are some 1 handers I'd love to try with the class, but it seems like passing up a 2 hander is just too big an opportunity cost.

Its like the only meaningful penalty possible that cannot be overcome in anyway. If they made the numeric penalty much higher it would make it useless, because it would reach a point where they couldn't join groups due to not being able to keep up.

Cathcart

Of course, it would be awesome if Blizz did something similar, but it is possible that the "we did not invent it" problem persists there still, in which case we will never see something like this implemented.
I'm sorry but like, have you ever heard of Blizzard? "We did not invent it" is their goddamn mission statement.

The Firebird's Finery level 70 set for Wizards is a mixed bag.
The 4 piece bonus is kinda useless now, though, given you can revive at your corpse anyway.
Not so bad for HC characters, though.

Did they fix the bug where the gemstone has like a 0.5% chance to drop from the spawn?
I have an extra one in my stash, I wish I could give it to you (acc bound) :(
Blizzard does not consider it a bug, so there will be no fix. Though they may make it easier to get at some point in the future. Like when we have flying cars maybe.

Fuck i want to play at midnight i guess my physical C.E will be delivered on tuesday in the morning/day.
So I was horrible. I bought the digital version because I figured I'd end up playing it anyways. Now that I've been enjoying the game so much more, I feel the need to have the physical so I went ahead and ordered that too. :\

I'm such a sucker for their CEs. :| I have all the Warcraft ones too. :/

Nokterian

No thats what I'm saying - Because the valor wings are so prevalent, the original CE wings are now seen as cool and rare xD

Indeed that's why i got the C.E despite i needed to money to buy some food i said fuck it. Also got some comments about it and it's pretty cool :D

So I was horrible. I bought the digital version because I figured I'd end up playing it anyways. Now that I've been enjoying the game so much more, I feel the need to have the physical so I went ahead and ordered that too. :\

I'm such a sucker for their CEs. :| I have all the Warcraft ones too. :/

Did the same thing with WoW. Bought Wrath of the Lich king and TBC just the normal editions and bought the C.E after that..also a sucker for Blizzard C.E. I think i am going to buy the digital one and then upgrade to the physical c.e when i have it.

Shifty76

It's a cool idea, but I'm not sure how it would work with various skills. Cyclone to EP for example.

Well, EP damage is all over the place, based off the hp of the enemy it happened to be cast on, so even a target dummy situation wouldn't accurately reflect actual EP damage. The DoT component, sure, but who uses EP for the DoT anyway, other than the EB rune on low difficulty levels?

I know over on the monk subreddit people are working on edps calculators for LTK and CS builds, but that's based off the ability to spam those skills and those skills alone, so it wouldn't take into account your SW and other random damage dealers.

At this point in time Ghom runs are still your best indicator of true single target dps.

Interesting strategy they are suggesting. Log in before 9pm Monday night, that way you don't have to wait for authentication and what not. You just have to wait in queue to create a game, which is better than being in a queue just to log into the game.

HildyB

Went ahead and got the Naga. I considered the hex since it has fewer buttons and I don't see myself using more than 6, but I felt like the layout for the regular naga was more ideal, even if I only use 6 on it. Plus so many positive reviews on amazon.

It's a great mouse, like I mentioned, I sprung for the Epic version and loved it. Just kept getting cramps reaching for buttons. The HEX is a bit more limiting, but for a game like Diablo, it's been more than enough.

traveler

Not Wario
What was the final state of the crusader? I seem to remember hearing that they were actually quite weak compared to other classes once godray got fixed. Were they even brought up to par or did the beta end with them in that state?

Its like the only meaningful penalty possible that cannot be overcome in anyway. If they made the numeric penalty much higher it would make it useless, because it would reach a point where they couldn't join groups due to not being able to keep up.

There are other things they could hit. % loss of weapon dps, drop the block chance on the shield by a certain amount, etc. Might have to go outside the standard box, sure, but I think they could tweak it more. (Not saying either of those options are necessarily balanced, just options) Could also approach it by buffing crusader's using 1 handers in some way. I suspect, in the end, the talent will be viewed as mandatory and blizz will eventually rework it.

Nete

What was the final state of the crusader? I seem to remember hearing that they were actually quite weak compared to other classes once godray got fixed. Were they even brought up to par or did the beta end with them in that state?

Slow (even with the horse) and with resource generation problems when using 2h+shield, something almost mandatory. Bad sustained DPS compared with the other classes, but with several good nukes: most of the good skills have a) a long cooldown, or b) expensive resource cost for what they do. Lots of useless passives and lack of synergy between most of them and the regular skills.

That said, is pretty fun and it can be played in several different ways. It just need some work to tune it.

Slow (even with the horse) and with resource generation problems when using 2h+shield, something almost mandatory. Bad sustained DPS compared with the other classes, but with several good nukes: most of the good skills have a) a long cooldown, or b) expensive resource cost for what they do. Lots of useless passives and lack of synergy between most of them and the regular skills.

That said, is pretty fun and it can be played in several different ways. It just need some work to tune it.

Yeah, true testing for the class begins next Tuesday, in a year we will be like "remember how the Crusader played when it launched?"

Nokterian

My finger is hovering over the normal digital version right now. Yes i get the physical C.E on Tuesday but i think it will come later in the day that i am at work and i want to play it at 00:00 EST.

scy

My finger is hovering over the normal digital version right now. Yes i get the physical C.E on Tuesday but i think it will come later in the day that i am at work and i want to play it at 00:00 EST.

This is honestly like 90% of the reason I went with the digital edition lol

Nokterian

This is honestly like 90% of the reason I went with the digital edition lol

Yeah i like digital also but i am a sucker for Blizzard C.E there pretty packed and are very nice. Ah well fuck it i will buy both your getting 130 euro's from me blizz,don't let me down!

Seil

God damn, I want those Wings of Valor but I do not want to pay that much to Blizzard when I can get it else where cheaper :(

You don't have to buy straight from Blizzard to get the wings, though. Everyone who registers a retail code to their account by the 31st gets them. Pre-purchasing digital means you get the wings sooner rather than later, though.

Yeah i like digital also but i am a sucker for Blizzard C.E there pretty packed and are very nice. Ah well fuck it i will buy both your getting 130 euro's from me blizz,don't let me down!

Don't worry, I've done the same thing. No shame. No way in HELL am I waiting until I get off work on Tuesday to play, especially considering I can play at 9pm on Monday night :D

Edit: HOLY CRAP!!

This is it! We're unleashing Diablo III: Reaper of Souls™ for Windows and Mac on March 25. To celebrate—this weekend only—we're doubling down on the +50% Bonus XP that's already available in Diablo III, and boosting it all the way to +100% Bonus XP. This +100% Bonus XP period ends on Monday, March 24 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time. So, (if you need to) update your Diablo III game files here, log in this weekend, and rack up some last-minute Paragon Levels to aid you in your upcoming crusade against death itself.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13407841/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom