• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

I don't think I've seen any compilation for the female crusader. Just imagine these models more stylized:

9Qhpo5J.jpg

For reference, my beta femsader with one of those sets.

K5u9TPw.jpg
What about the reveal armor? That was badass.

Also, some of those designs are kinda demonic-looking for a holy warrior.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Got my wings on EU, they're purty.

Hopefully we get the 100% buff as well, I still need a female Barb and DH to finish off my collection.

Wilsongt

Was playing last night and was going through the first part of act I on T2 and managed to get a legendary crossbow drop. It was better in the toughness/healing aspect, but a little worse in the damage. Consider my bow was still from the AH days and sold for a measly 7 gold, I figured I might as well upgrade to a 2.0 weapon and just take a slight damage loss.

I've picked up about 4 or so legs and a set piece so far with 2.0.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What's a better idea this weekend. Push a Demon Hunter 1 to 60 or push Paragon levels?

Do you have a friend who can boost you? I levelled from 0 - 60 in about 1 hour yesterday. All you need to do is start a game on T6 (1) and have your friend kill everything as you play through the game, you'll be 60 before SK, although you should get to 59 then stop and kill all the end bosses to get a bunch of free legendaries, including a bugged double drop from Diablo.

JesseZao

Any mouse recommendations or controllers for use with D3 on PC? Never considered using it as input. Or is keyboard superior?

Im partial to the "left-hand keyboard controllers" like the logitech g22 (I think) and Razer nostromo.

They work nice for pretty much every game that doesn't rewrite extensive typing.

I do have a Naga, but I prefer spreading out my controls and don't try to play the entire game with just a mouse.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Do you have a friend who can boost you? I levelled from 0 - 60 in about 1 hour yesterday. All you need to do is start a game on T6 (1) and have your friend kill everything as you play through the game, you'll be 60 before SK, although you should get to 59 then stop and kill all the end bosses to get a bunch of free legendaries, including a bugged double drop from Diablo.

That would require having a friend who can solo T6. Soloing T6 isn't exactly common.

garath

That would require having a friend who can solo T6. Soloing T6 isn't exactly common.

The idea is the level 1 character starts the T6 game. The mobs will be leveled to the game host (the new char). Anyone that can solo any level of Torment will be able to handle that just fine until the new char is around level 50 or so. Then you have to back the game down to T1-T4, depending on what the level 60 can handle.

I did that with a new wizard. I was 50 in about 45 min, got 60 in another 1.5 hours give or take. Got 60 right after SK.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What's a better idea this weekend. Push a Demon Hunter 1 to 60 or push Paragon levels?

With bonus XP, Paragon is always the better option because it's infinite. Progress you make with bonus xp is essentially permanent, whereas leveling a character not only has an upper limit, but can be done pretty quickly without bonus xp.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The idea is the level 1 character starts the T6 game. The mobs will be leveled to the game host (the new char). Anyone that can solo any level of Torment will be able to handle that just fine until the new char is around level 50 or so. Then you have to back the game down to T1-T4, depending on what the level 60 can handle.

I did that with a new wizard. I was 50 in about 45 min, got 60 in another 1.5 hours give or take. Got 60 right after SK.

Ah that makes more sense.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

I said T6 (1), an average geared hero will start to struggle around level 45 and you can turn the difficulty down as necessary.

inky

Witch Doctor has the most rewarding skills.

What the hell is wrong with the framerate in this game. Random stuttering and framerate drops!

I think it has to do with how the game streams data. Some people suggest moving your game to an SSD (which I did) if you own one, or even to a USB stick. It definitely fixed the stuttering issues for me a while back. The game has also been improved in terms of netcode I think. I would always get 120-150ms, but now I get a steady 50-70. Not the best, but very playable.

What the hell is wrong with the framerate in this game. Random stuttering and framerate drops!

Are you SLI by chance? Since the newest Nvidia drivers, my framerate's gone to crap and stutters like crazy. People told me to lower Sound Channels to Low, which helped somewhat, but not much. I think Nvidia's newest SLI profile for D3 broke things.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So everyone will be running around with the golden wings... Kinda wish it was still a CE exclusive.

Been wearing my original CE wings to be a hipster, and have gotten a ton of comments from people in public games wearing the valor wings asking "OMG how did you get those?!?!" hahahaha

Xyber

The second bridge you pass over right before Siegebreaker is crazy. When played with 2-3 other people everyones FPS goes down to ~10 for a second or so constantly.
This has never happened to me before. And I'm not using the new Reflections options either.

I'm still waiting to see a second DH set piece after a gazillion hours. Probably will get all them just before RoS hitting and me switching to the Crusader.

I have yet to get a DH set piece. To date I've gotten:

1 - Torso
2 - 2H bows
4 - Quivers
1 - Pair of Bo Janglers that buffed rapid fire.

and that's it. I've never found anything else DH specific. I really wanted one of the cool 1H crossbows like Calamity and a cool Torso like Blackfeather or the one that summons the 3 wolves. Alas, no luck.

Been wearing my original CE wings to be a hipster, and have gotten a ton of comments from people in public games wearing the valor wings asking "OMG how did you get those?!?!" hahahaha
I tried on the new wings yesterday and I just didn't like how they looked compared to Tyrael's. So those stay on my DH and I like using Kerrigan's on my barb because it makes her look more metal.

conweller

Neo Member
DH Level 61 skill Vengeance with Seethe possibly seems great for speed runs, does anyone have any beta experience with it? I assume the hatred regen is only for the 15 seconds essentially giving 150 hatred over 15 seconds, but if I kick off other skills, does that health regen stop? I sure hope not.

Shame it's the lamest animation.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have the same problem, it's very annoying and I still haven't found a solution for it. :(

Changing the pre rendered frames to 4 made a huge difference to the smoothness of my game, I used to suffer with stuttering as well. You can change this in the NVIDIA/ATI control panel.

What do you have your left hand mapped to?

1skill=Z
2skill=X
3skill=C
4skill=V
potion=spacebar

Shift is still default hold still. My hand rests in the lower left of my keyboard and doesn't move. I am only using shift, alt and ctrl ever. If I panic I have the space bar to slam for a emergency potion. Backspace is close all windows as well as a mouse button. I can't remember the last time I triggered a skill with keyboard.

traveler

Not Wario
Been going through items for interesting combos (I know, I know- kinda pointless given that everything you get is random now with no ah or easy trading) and I now have a dream, a vision for my barb:

Might of the Earth set + Lut Socks oh yes

(Using other sites because bnet family is down right now)

Edit: Woops, used old item description for the socks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Friends list is full guys... I'm so sorry, but this needs to be done ._.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna go try this myself, see if it solves my microstutter.

I tried every tweak in the book and nothing helped, but changing PRF really did make a difference for me. Good luck.

Goes away if you install the game on an SSD.

I suspect it has something to do with the constant streaming tech in the engine.

Yup. Though I do remember them saying they did some kind of optimization, instead of the levels caching as you play, it does it when the game is first launched. Could be wrong though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bought an additional back-up keyboard for the week to come

Three mice
Three keyboards
One extra 100gb (100Mbit) mobile Internet

My body is ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom