• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will they still have maintenance downtime on Tuesday for Diablo? If so, it'd be awesome if they got it out of the way before the expansion launch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
100% IS OOOOOOOOOOOOOOONLINEEEEEEEEEEEEE

sEHDEOC.jpg

Takuan

Slow (even with the horse) and with resource generation problems when using 2h+shield, something almost mandatory. Bad sustained DPS compared with the other classes, but with several good nukes: most of the good skills have a) a long cooldown, or b) expensive resource cost for what they do. Lots of useless passives and lack of synergy between most of them and the regular skills.

That said, is pretty fun and it can be played in several different ways. It just need some work to tune it.

Is this the Crusader we'll be getting on launch, or could there be tweaks? Obviously they'll work on the balance in time, but speed is kinda important to me. I hate a slow attack.

You don't have to buy straight from Blizzard to get the wings, though. Everyone who registers a retail code to their account by the 31st gets them. Pre-purchasing digital means you get the wings sooner rather than later, though.

Oh really?
So I can grab a cheaper copy, put the key in on launch day and still get the Wings?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Shifty76

I'd prefer a system were I don't have to sit there with a stop watch and keep going in and out of the game and I think you can only do it 3x in row now.

That would indeed be nice, but it's about all we have now.

Unless something changed in the last 2-3 days since I was able to play then Ghom can still be run over and over - I did 10+ runs in a row when testing various gear sets. Just need to remember to reset the quest after each one.

Firemind

I think it's going to be everyone's style tbh. I don't think the penalty they have in place is enough, especially pre-optimized endgame lootrun levels of gear when ms really matters. Kind of a shame as there are some 1 handers I'd love to try with the class, but it seems like passing up a 2 hander is just too big an opportunity cost.

The movement speed penalty and taking up a passive slot aren't enough?

Crusaders are going to be the third wheel in a lot of parties.

its kinda disturbing how you do about anything your battle.net is locked for suspicious activity, yet my paypal account been saved for over 2-3 years and i could just 1 click buy the diablo expansion.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Looks like me and my girlfriend will be playing our lvl 8 Barbarian and Witch Doctor this weekend with this bonus. 100% Community buff + 75% Hard Difficulty buff should make this pretty fast.

garath

Blizzard is smart this time around. Hyping this really well. AH shut down, Loot 2.0, bonus xp. Getting everyone playing and enjoying themselves. Makes them buy the expansion.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This should be a fun crusader build (hammer suckers need not apply) :http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#aZiVfQ!aYVh!abbZYb

two abilities with cooldown reduction, some shield goodness, firey steed. aww yiss.

Also considering a variant that uses phalanx and bombard instead of condemn+ akarat, and uses the passive that boosts steed, phlanax, and bombard.

Thrakier

Is anyone interested in doing some power leveling runs, alternating turns? I have a monk at 20 and wouldn't mind having a wizard on hand.

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours!

I'll scratch more than that if I need to. Join me and Yoshi-chan in EU GAF.

Yoshi is never playing with me. I'm asking him every time and all I get is "soon". I'm giving him all my love. What do I get back? Nothing.

Takuan

I'll scratch more than that if I need to. Join me and Yoshi-chan in EU GAF.

Yoshi is never playing with me. I'm asking him every time and all I get is "soon". I'm giving him all my love. What do I get back? Nothing.

Aw, I am a dirty North American. We can'ts plays together. :(

epmode

Blizzard is smart this time around. Hyping this really well. AH shut down, Loot 2.0, bonus xp. Getting everyone playing and enjoying themselves. Makes them buy the expansion.

+ the stutter fix, FINALLY

It worked for me. I just ordered the expansion and I wasn't a big fan of D3 at all.

God damnit, I was gonna play infamous all weekend...sigh guess Ill get my barb to 60 and finally break 100 paragon this weekend...

Aw, I am a dirty North American. We can'ts plays together. :(

I wouldn't mind helping, I got a 60 wizard, though I'm not sure how powerleveling works though. Add me I'm Razgriz#1810 and lemme know what time you plan to play

ferr

Does Ghom rage like the butcher? Been looking for other mobs to test on.

T5 Butcher takes roughly 2 million dps to kill with his hps at 180s to enrage.

That's a lot of dps. Is that 2 million with 4 people in the game.. and much less solo?

Shifty76

Does Ghom rage like the butcher? Been looking for other mobs to test on.

T5 Butcher takes roughly 2 million dps to kill with his hps at 180s to enrage.

Honestly, no idea - never had a fight last that long with him. From what I recall, his enrage is basically just filling the entire room with his fart clouds anyway, so nothing to worry about assuming your resists/sustain are up to the job.

Best to run him at a level that takes <60 secs anyway - that's plenty of time to figure out edps.

Butcher enrage on the other hand...yeah that hurts.

Takuan

God damnit, I was gonna play infamous all weekend...sigh guess Ill get my barb to 60 and finally break 100 paragon this weekend...

I wouldn't mind helping, I got a 60 wizard, though I'm not sure how powerleveling works though. Add me I'm Razgriz#1810 and lemme know what time you plan to play

Someone broke it down earlier:

Level 1 character creates a new campaign on Torment 6 difficulty
Level 60 joins and wrecks shit while level 1 trails along, until about SK

Repeat for as many characters as you want. I will be home at around 8pm EST. Don't wait up if you can get someone to take you through earlier; I'm sure I'll be able to figure something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom