• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svafnir

WC3, WoW vanilla + all expansions, SC2 + expansion, D3 + expansion CEs here. =/

Also, is this bonus additive or multiplicative? If additive then it isn't a huge deal when running the higher Torments, right?

It's multiplicative. 100% when you are getting 3000% at torment 6 would be stupid.

It doubles.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
By getting powerleveled or solo? If solo, how? :p

Power leveled. Start a level 1 T6 game and play through until SK, you'll be around level 50, then leave and start doing CotA runs on the highest Torment your friend can handle until 60. My friend and I both wanted a female DH so we boosted each other.

foxdvd

I got my wings!!!

uNsfEcw.jpg

Svafnir

Does Exploding Palm take into account multiplayer HP boosts? It seemed a little lacklustre when partied up

Yes. It scales with hp, it does not calculate differently if it's multiplayer or not. It's the strongest skill in the game by far.

If you find one of these and get a 100% roll you basically kill elite packs in 1 shot. By just focusing down one of them. It's an insane skill.

foxdvd

Does Exploding Palm take into account multiplayer HP boosts? It seemed a little lacklustre when partied up

I think it does, the problem with it is the range is very small. I recommend only flesh is weak for the bonus damage vs elites and bosses, and essence burn for crazy life on hit return and insane proc rate for something like cyclone on sweeping wind (you can easily have 20 tornadoes out at once with it) or if you have something like andariel's visage, where the explosions of the essence burn will proc the backlash of the helm.....

Uthred

I think it does, the problem with it is the range is very small. I recommend only flesh is weak for the bonus damage vs elites and bosses, and essence burn for crazy life on hit return and insane proc rate for something like cyclone on sweeping wind (you can easily have 20 tornadoes out at once with it) or if you have something like andariel's visage, where the explosions of the essence burn will proc the backlash of the helm.....

Im using essence burn at the moment as I picked up a Burning Axe of Sankis, havent played my monk since back at release, trying to figure out whats what

Power leveled. Start a level 1 T6 game and play through until SK, you'll be around level 50, then leave and start doing CotA runs on the highest Torment your friend can handle until 60. My friend and I both wanted a female DH so we boosted each other.

I could be interested in doing this with somone else tonight. I'm think a wiz at 60 before the expansion would be good.

Still waffling on whether I want the physical CE or not. Digital has everything minus the blu-ray, art book, and soundtrack. Is that stuff worth $20? I always like having those extras, but never do anything with them.

kitzkozan

Blizzard is awarding a big exp buff for the weekend, but they also hotfixed some aspect of the game such as:

All class set items will now only drop in Torment I or above.

Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.

Can I PL solo with two accounts by just parking the lowbie and killing stuff with the 60? Or does the lowbie have to be in a certain range (there isn't a /follow command, is there)?

kitzkozan

Just so people know, Blizzard hotfixed the amount of exp awarded from mobs with lower than average HP so CotA is nerfed compared to what it awarded in exp before. I'm going to log in 5 minutes to try and guess how it affect the exp gain, but I'm guessing CotA won't be so hot even with the weekend exp buff.

Still waffling on whether I want the physical CE or not. Digital has everything minus the blu-ray, art book, and soundtrack. Is that stuff worth $20? I always like having those extras, but never do anything with them.

I was torn on the same dilemma. I pulled out the Diablo III CE art book and listened to the soundtrack (does the digital CE come with a digital form of that) and decided that I enjoyed it enough I'd regret not going physical.

KarmaCow

Getting loot now is so bitter sweet with the expansion being less an a week away. I'm tempted to just level my DH to 60 with the 100% exp buff.

Is the 100% bonus XP multi-player only? Under details, "Bonus Experience", it shows a multiplier of 2.00x and notes that it is available in multiplayer -- is that only, or in addition?

Ashodin

Is the 100% bonus XP multi-player only? Under details, "Bonus Experience", it shows a multiplier of 2.00x and notes that it is available in multiplayer -- is that only, or in addition?

solo or multi, it's up to you, you got 100% more XP!

It's even more in multi because the extra boost with more players makes it INSANE

Dahbomb

Blizzard is awarding a big exp buff for the weekend, but they also hotfixed some aspect of the game such as:

All class set items will now only drop in Torment I or above.

Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.
RIP in peace COTA runs.

Those hotfixes are under the "upcoming" category though and not "live." I'm going to still run CotA tonight because I tried it earlier and was still getting good xp

Jira

I get off work at 10am on Monday, I should probably just boot up the game when I get home and play/keep the connection alive occasionally.

Dahbomb

How are you managing that? I'd love the boost, been spending way too much timie solo-leveling my team up to 60 from 15-ish each or so.
I can boost you easily. Just come online at around 10 PM EST.

I have done it for a few players. It takes one and a half hour but with the new XP bonus it might just take an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom