• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
im getting back into this game HARD. Ive leveled a Wizard to 30 in like one night. I want to go back to my Demon Hunter that is level 54 but the old skills don't seem to work the same.

Any good builds for a DH around level 54? I want to hurry and at least get to 60 this weekend.

edit: I don't have Torment unlocked yet.

Loot drop frequency seem really down to anyone else? I ran 2 quests tonight: raise the catapults & defeating Ghom, and I didn't even fill my inventory once. Basically white enemies never dropped anything & elite packs dropped only one item. I know RNG gonna RNG, but for me that's usually item quality, not huge dips in drop quantity.

Anyone else?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck it, bailing. Kept sleeping infront of computer way too many times.

18 levels today. Fuck it. Tomorrow, paragon 300!

Sciz

I'm afraid I don't have too much to add to the topic, since I've not gotten too deep into the game, but it was curious about something...is it more valuable to salvage unwanted equipment, or sell them for gold? I've mostly just been salvaging, as items aren't really too valuable, but I wonder if selling for gold would be beneficial for upgrading this blacksmith faster. Although, I suppose upgrades are useless without materials that you get from salvaging, so...I guess a balance would make sense? Just wondering what your thoughts are, at least, as they could be applied to a low level starting player. Thanks in advance!

Salvage everything. You'll get the gold you need as you go, especially once you turn the difficulty up. Vendors will drain your cash fast, so try not to buy gear unless it's a good, solid upgrade.

People must have bots doing this. The mindless grind would kill me.

You seriously underestimate some gamers' ability to engage in mindless, pointless, endless grinding.

At least Kongor scams his stupid viewers into giving him free money watching him engage in the boring, pointless grind. He gets something out of it.

Nete

21 levels since the 100% bonus hit (Paragon 254 currently), plus 15 legendaries and a Hallowed Plan. Sadly the only good leg of those 15 was the only set piece I already had (Natalya Helmet)... at least Naito completed his set with it.

This has been a pretty good night!

Someone's probably answer this already but is the gaming going to be unlocked at midnight? What are the times? I've been getting conflicting answers about that one.

You can check the launch time for each region/zone here.

LowParry

Someone's probably answer this already but is the gaming going to be unlocked at midnight? What are the times? I've been getting conflicting answers about that one.

My dudes, the gf got off work late so I won't be on for a bit longer. You've probably already gone about things but I figured I'd give a heads up anyway.

Sorry about that, wasn't sure where you were and didnt have your bnet id. Were you able to get powerleveled?

Rokam

Here you go
Blizzard said:
For Asia, the expansion will be available to play at 11:00 a.m. PDT on March 24.
3:00 a.m. KST on March 25
2:00 a.m. CST on March 25
For Europe, the expansion will be available to play at 4:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
23:00 GMT on March 24
00:00 CET on March 25
01:00 EET on March 25
03:00 MSK on March 25
For the Americas, the expansion will be available to play on 9:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
10:00 p.m. MDT on March 24
11:00 p.m. CDT on March 24
12:00 a.m. EDT on March 25
1:00 a.m. ADT on March 25
1:30 a.m. NDT on March 25
12:00 p.m. SGT on March 25
3:00 p.m. AEDT on March 25

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
battle.net app updated and now it doesn't say beta

plz mean the games won't crash anymore

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I've been doing some tests and for many zones the hotfix nerf makes it so we're getting less exp/hour with the 100% buff than we were before the nerf with only the 50% buff.

It's affected way more than "below average health swarming monsters" - it seems like it's the majority of the monsters in the game. It didn't even take the crown away from CotA, it's still the fastest.

Grr.

Dahbomb

Hi there, hope you don't mind a newbie to Diablo III entering this thread. I once tried the starter edition way back, but the game never really hooked me, but I heard about the recent changes to the game, tried playing a different character the other day, and felt that for $20, the game would give me more than enough entertainment value. I haven't actually played since buying, as I've been busy and currently out of town, but I'm looking forward to getting into the meat of the Diablo III experience soon. If I really like it, I might just buy the expansion pack as well! But, as with many games, I'm taking it a step at a time, haha.

I'm afraid I don't have too much to add to the topic, since I've not gotten too deep into the game, but it was curious about something...is it more valuable to salvage unwanted equipment, or sell them for gold? I've mostly just been salvaging, as items aren't really too valuable, but I wonder if selling for gold would be beneficial for upgrading this blacksmith faster. Although, I suppose upgrades are useless without materials that you get from salvaging, so...I guess a balance would make sense? Just wondering what your thoughts are, at least, as they could be applied to a low level starting player. Thanks in advance!

At the start you want to sell items for gold so you can level up your Artisans fast. After they are all leveled up you start salvaging your items.

I've been doing some tests and for many zones the hotfix nerf makes it so we're getting less exp/hour with the 100% buff than we were before the nerf with only the 50% buff.

It's affected way more than "below average health swarming monsters" - it seems like it's the majority of the monsters in the game. It didn't even take the crown away from CotA, it's still the fastest.

Grr.
So I am not the only person who noticed this...

Ashodin

Here you go

OH SHIT IT'S UP AT MIDNIGHT ON THE EAST COAST!?!?!?!?

M7z3ZHq.gif

13 levels to 200. should be doable this weekend, i think.

also, IF I GET ONE MORE FUCKING WORMWOOD, i'm going to reach through internets and strangle someone.

scy

13 levels to 200. should be doable this weekend, i think.

also, IF I GET ONE MORE FUCKING WORMWOOD, i'm going to reach through internets and strangle someone.

I got three Exarian's back-to-back-to-back today.

Didn't even have the decency to roll a huge -Req. Level :|

IceMarker

You guys think if my copy of RoS CE doesn't arrive in the mail from Amazon by March 31st they'll still give me pre-order bonuses if I submit a ticket?

Amazon says I pre-ordered on January 3rd, 2014...

Yeah, confirmed.

People are starting to compare base experience numbers to get the exact figures.

Risen dropped 70%. Apparently even bigger monsters like the Tremors in the keep depths have their base experience reduced.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12187048854

Man...I knew it was weird at how much slower I'm getting XP even on Torment 1 and that is with the 50% XP Boost, I pre-ordered the physical version, so no 100%.(actually they increased it to 100% for everyone so...wow that is even worse then I thought,nerf nerf away blizzard)

I hope this gets rectified for the expansion pack as I'm going to dread playing a crusader from 1-70 and my witch doctor is level 30 now and XP has slowed down considerably on Hard.

Wallach

What the hell was the point in adding another XP bonus if they nerfed the base XP values into the ground?

I suppose to make it even more important to get players in game this weekend, since there will be an even more dramatic difference when it ends.

I'm just now getting back into this after a long, long absence. I have no idea what to do now that everything is different. I have a level 60 Barb and DH but it seems their skill builds no longer exist which as an extension makes their gear close to useless. It seems all the gear in my stash is useless now as well? The first thing I awkwardly killed dropped something infinitely better.

I have Torment VI unlocked, whatever that is. I just don't know where to begin to begin again. I don't even know how to get the enchanter or whatnot (new transmog/reroll merchant).

IceMarker

I have Torment VI unlocked, whatever that is. I just don't know where to begin to begin again. I don't even know how to get the enchanter or whatnot (new transmog/reroll merchant).

You might want to stick to Torment I, Torment VI is the equivalent of MP10 Inferno, don't do it unless you have top 0.1% gear. Mystic is only in RoS so don't bother looking for her.

plake

I'm just now getting back into this after a long, long absence. I have no idea what to do now that everything is different. I have a level 60 Barb and DH but it seems their skill builds no longer exist which as an extension makes their gear close to useless. It seems all the gear in my stash is useless now as well? The first thing I awkwardly killed dropped something infinitely better.

Kill more stuff on torment I to get even more infinitely better loot. Then slowly advance to torment II etc.

forrest

formerly nacire
Damn, being someone that ordered the retail copy of the CE from Amazon it's going to suck waiting for it to arrive on the 25th while everyone is essentially playing all night long the night before. It would be amazing if Amazon would deliver it on the 24th. :(

IceMarker

Damn, being someone that ordered the retail copy of the CE from Amazon it's going to suck waiting for it to arrive on the 25th while everyone is essentially playing all night long the night before. It would be amazing if Amazon would deliver it on the 24th. :(

If they begin delivering on the night of the 24th, the best we can hope for with free shipping is Wednesday, which has happened to me before. Just crossing my fingers. If they don't get it on my doorstep by the 31st you better believe I'm never ordering physical again.

You might want to stick to Torment I, Torment VI is the equivalent of MP10 Inferno, don't do it unless you have top 0.1% gear. Mystic is only in RoS so don't bother looking for her.

Alright but I don't really understand whats going on - none of my attacks seem to do much damage with the gear I had on months ago even on easy. The things I had were pretty good too - enough to get through Inferno.

Braag

I pre ordered the normal retail copy (from an online discshop we have here) Wednesday and it arrived to me yesterday... It was a little unexpected. Got my wings tho, which I don't use.

Alright but I don't really understand whats going on - none of my attacks seem to do much damage with the gear I had on months ago even on easy. The things I had were pretty good too - enough to get through Inferno.

I logged on my lv.39 Barb today after ages and I was struggling on normal difficulty at CH2. I guess they buffed the enemies as well as the gear because within next 20 min each piece of my gear was replaced by a vastly better one.

ZehDon

Alright GAF, your insistent praise since Loot 2.0 has convinced me to give Diablo III another chance. I haven't played since launch, which turned me off the series entirely. I know that I have access to an Australian server now, but is there anything else I need to know before jumping back in?

forrest

formerly nacire
If they begin delivering on the night of the 24th, the best we can hope for with free shipping is Wednesday, which has happened to me before. Just crossing my fingers. If they don't get it on my doorstep by the 31st you better believe I'm never ordering physical again.

I have Prime, but it was showing that it would arrive the 27th, so I dropped the extra few bucks to get 1 day delivery which showed it arriving on the 25th.

I pre ordered the normal retail copy (from an online discshop we have here) Wednesday and it arrived to me yesterday... It was a little unexpected. Got my wings tho, which I don't use.
\

Man I would love to luck out and have it arrive early. I have the blue CE wings and hardly ever use them. I'd love the SC wings but I don't really play Starcraft and can't imagine dropping 60 bucks just to get something I'd use every now and then.

kitzkozan

im getting back into this game HARD. Ive leveled a Wizard to 30 in like one night. I want to go back to my Demon Hunter that is level 54 but the old skills don't seem to work the same.

Any good builds for a DH around level 54? I want to hurry and at least get to 60 this weekend.

edit: I don't have Torment unlocked yet.

The power leveling and grinding has been quite crazy indeed. A friend of mine boosted my freshly made wizard to 50 and I decided to do the last 10 level on my own to learn the class and test out the skills. :) I might make a barbarian tomorrow to seal the deal on the power leveling.

This comeback to Diablo III has been completely insane and well beyond expectation. From having a monk and dropping the game at level 53 to possibly 4 level 60 characters and paragon level 100+.

Playing T1 now. I have to get back to town every 10min because my inventory fills up so fast with blue and yellow stuff.

Wonder if I should just rush through and only pick up orange / green stuff. It it worth it to pick up everyting and sell it?

Playing T1 now. I have to get back to town every 10min because my inventory fills up so fast with blue and yellow stuff.

Wonder if I should just rush through and only pick up orange / green stuff. It it worth it to pick up everyting and sell it?

Im doing COTA runs and just salvage the whites, yellows and blues.
When i feel like lets burn some mats and gold i just craft items hoping for trifecta(etc) or an upgrade :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom