• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunfisch

11 more levels, hit 227. Gotta wrap up quests in preparation of souls. Don't forget folks, disable automatic skipping of cutscenes if you haven't yet.

Once again, EU-MumbleGAF was a blast. The banter per minute ratio keeps me well refreshed.

There have been some issues about carpetry, where some folks might have felt as though they were getting fleeced out of their fun, but I was straight up covering for those out of their comforter zone.

THE TERROAR!

Since all of my toons are level 60 I started a hardcore barb and took him through Act 1 today. Taking my sweet time and going through Normal, it's pretty much a cakewalk until you run into an elite mob and then it can get kinda dicey. I don't like having my health drop down below half or down to a quarter with pots on cooldown and no health globes around. That tension definitely changes the experience a bit. Also have been getting some pretty cool drops, I got some legendary boots that allow me to double leap. I want that on my regular barb so bad.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I noticed that sometimes a weapon/armor drop that seems to have superior main stats (+damage, + strength, + vitality etc) still says it will decrease my overall toughness/dps percentage. Why is this is? Because of stuff like Crit changes and resistance bonuses etc?

Do you guys always go with whatever increases your toughness/dps more or should I pay attention to the specific stats?

Chocobro

I would like an invite to the Overflow as well! Chocobro#1646

Additionally, I'm still looking for one more person for uber runs on Torment 1 or 2. We have a total of nine machines. I asked the GAF community on D3 but got no response. Hoping to make a Hellfire Ring before I go to bed :T

IceMarker

SrN5fYc.gif

I noticed that sometimes a weapon/armor drop that seems to have superior main stats (+damage, + strength, + vitality etc) still says it will decrease my overall toughness/dps percentage. Why is this is? Because of stuff like Crit changes and resistance bonuses etc?

Do you guys always go with whatever increases your toughness/dps more or should I pay attention to the specific stats?
Resistances on non-intelligence classes play a huge factor in toughness calculation, even the 250 max you can get from paragon can throw you up another 200k. As far as DPS goes, whatever you have the least of the following, crit chance, crit damage, and attack speed, will greatly put a weight on what increases your damage the most (besides main stat). Crit damage seems to skew the numbers the most.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This may have been answered but will the expansion pre-load if you order it digitally from battle.net? Or will it just be a free for all come midnight?

Is there any reason to roll over anything to the expansion or can I sell everything (besides my currently equipped gear of course)? I'm assuming everything lvl 60 (gems, mats, gear) will be obsoleted minute 1 of the expansion. Or am I wrong?

This may have been answered but will the expansion pre-load if you order it digitally from battle.net? Or will it just be a free for all come midnight?

I believe it's already preloaded, regardless of whether you bought the expansion or not. The content will go up seamlessly; if you kill Diablo a minute after the expansion goes live, you'll go straight to Act V.

Shadow780

A broken build for a monk is

Way of 100 fists > blazing fists

Sweeping wind > cyclone

Exploding palm > essence burn

Then any mantra of your choice

Cyclone strike > implosion

Dashing strike > quicksilver

Any passives choose the ones you like

The way the bug works is sweeping wind procs like mad from exploding palm and counts each burn as a crit, so all you do is run into a huge pack press cyclone strike spam way of 100 fists and spam exploding palm on as many mobs as you can nd watch the 100 cyclones fill the screen.

That Monk build is really fun at lower levels but at higher levels Essence Burn doesn't do HP% ramage like Flesh is Weak making it under powered compared to other options at high levels.

Thanks guys I will play around with that setup!

How many of you are going to run Crusader instead of continuing with your previous characters?

I might roll a Crusader, not sure if I'd stick with it. First thing I will take one of my current 60s through Act V though. Undecided on which to take though (Wiz, Barb, or DH, and Monk might be there before Tuesday with the XP bonus)

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
BOOM! Done for today (yes, I know. 1am, Casualchan, Yoshicasual etc, but it's all planned out to maximize RoS week :D).

312 paragon -> 338 (26 levels) today!

TOMORROW, IS THE DAY, WE STAND AND FIGHT. PEACE, YA'LL! NOSTALGIA PICTURE INCOMING BELOW!

http://i.imgur.com/xjNY2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ha, we're neck and neck. No vacation for me though, so it'll be tough to keep up. Will see how it goes. [[URL="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/3454234"]Profile[/URL]]

XShagrath

I'll be running my Crusader up to 70 first thing.

I know if I bump one of my other guys up to 70 via Act V and unlock Adventure Mode, I won't want to go back.

Javaman

Hey any of you guys been playing barb post 2.0? What skills/runea have you been running? I'm so lost with what to do with my barb

A lot of it depends on what your drops are. For a while I was using a boring ground stomp/WW barbarian until I found a powerful mace that dropped the fury cost of Seismic slam by 40%. I focused on that for a while and buffed it with some cold damage% and seismic slam damage% items. On top of that I found an armor that causes 100% crits when below 22% health. As a passive, relentless (While below 35% Life, all skills cost 75% less Fury and all damage taken is reduced by 50%.) is INSANE with that. Once I let my health get low I could do pretty much constant cold seismic slams without running out of fury that did around 1million damage to everything it hit, with a paper DPS of only 80k or so. I'm in a flux now though since I decided to go with 2 one handers and seismic slam is much more expensive. I've been salvaging tons of stuff without even considering physical skills which apparently most of the barb runes use. Time to be more careful with that!

Bottom line, just try out different skills based on what element and skill boost drops you get. Try to combine them off of each other and have fun. Don't worry too much about paper dps.

mileS

All this talk about the clans got me thinking. If the community can hold 400+ people, why don't we use it more... Yeah, it's hard to remember you have to manually join the chat each time you log on but its a feature thats sitting there getting 0 use whatsoever. If you're looking for groups, community chat for Reddit, and a couple of popular streamers are the goto places right now. We could have all 3 GAF clans in there chatting at once, making even more groups together.

It's there to be used people. and we are doing an awful job at that.

IceMarker

Ha, we're neck and neck. No vacation for me though, so it'll be tough to keep up. Will see how it goes. [Profile]

Ladies and gentlemen of EU and NA!

In this corner, weighing at 125,053 unbuffed Monk DPS, we present the beast of NA-DIII-GAF:
RATICUS79
eFVaa.gif

In this corner, weighing at 144,053 unbuffed Wiz DPS, we present the brother of EU-DIII-GAF:
YOSHICHAN
uZOEWF9.gif

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEE

All this talk about the clans got me thinking. If the community can hold 400+ people, why don't we use it more... Yeah, it's hard to remember you have to manually join the chat each time you log on but its a feature thats sitting there getting 0 use whatsoever. If you're looking for groups, community chat for Reddit, and a couple of popular streamers are the goto places right now. We could have all 3 GAF clans in there chatting at once, making even more groups together.

And people don't even need to be invited to the GAF community. You just search for it, and join.

xero273

lol in the GAFO clan, one of the news post was to join community to chat

j-wood

So this weekend I started out only having a wizard at level 60. I got a barb, monk, demon hunter, and witch doctor all from level 1 to 60 at about an hour per character. Really glad they did the 100% bonus lol

mileS

lol in the GAFO clan, one of the news post was to join community to chat

Excellent. That's what I want to hear! Except like I said, it seems some are just joining it once and forgetting that you have to manually join the chat each and every time you log on. That can't be stressed enough until people get the hang of it. But yes, this is good news. It seems like a lot of us in the original clan forgot about this.

Also, at a certain point you stop caring about manually joining a community chat when theres 0 people currently in there. The more people, the more people are compelled to join.

Nete

I will roll a Crusader and ignore the other classes for a long time. I fell in love with him (well, her) during the beta.

Btw, if somebody on EU wants to powerlevel a toon or try to get a hellfire ring before RoS hits, I will be glad to help tomorrow. Just yell on clan chat or whisp me in game! (I'm Kharn in D3). On ubers, I have keys for at least one full round.

Also, I wouldn't mind some powerleveling with my Crusader once RoS comes out (and the server doesn't die), but I understand everybody will want to play the new HYPE things.

oneils

Sciz

Okay, seriously, does a second overflow clan even exist? Because if not, I'm about ready to go and start one just so people stop asking if there's room.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Apparently now there are "multiple" but nobody knows anything.

NA GAF clan worst PR.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Grabbed the last 7 levels on my witch doctor and 17 levels on my demon huntress to level 35. Not sure how some people are getting three 60s this weekend. Heh.

I last played probably June 2012, so coming in 2.0 has been pretty amazing. Too bad the game didn't launch like this.

Anyway, going to give a healthy run to my DH tomorrow and see if I can't have two 60s ready for the expansion. I won't be able to play until Tueaday afternoon anyway as I have to wait for my CE to be delivered.

I'm bored and was planning to watch some netflix and mindlessly grind for useless loot, wanna be powerleveled lol?

I prefer leveling the classes on softcore myself (I get them powerleveled on hc). Anyway, I assume you're US since you're up at this hour. I'm EU. Thanks for the offer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom