• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

Blizz suggest, for the most seamless experience into Act V, that we plan it so we kill Diablo just after the RoS notice hits servers. Then you'll get the proper Act IV transition.

Going to wait just outside his room for the notice, personally.

FUCK.

Right in the middle of Act 2 at the moment... :(

GO GO GO!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm not hopping on EU mumble because you're starting shit and want to sweep it under the rug.
What the fuck are you talking about? I don't want to shit this thread up. People on EU GAF chat are already talking about your post, saying how awful you guys are handling the situation and I'm just inviting you to Mumble so you don't have to embarrass yourself any further.

hamchan

I don't think it's very nice to kick people just because they don't have a 60 or a certain level of achievement points. I thought it was agreed to start kicking people only after RoS has been out for a while anyways, since it's pretty obvious everyone joining the clan is going to play that.

Cipherr

Hey hero, we wanted to get some more space for those who regularly played, and since we have no real last logged on metric, we used achievement points. It's possible you were one of those with near zero that we removed. It's not a requirement to join GAF clan, but we wanted to foster more "always there" players in the clan, and has nothing to do with you personally.

Unrelated, we also believe there might be people who signed up initially joined GAF clan to spy on it who lurk banned on GAF. We'll be doing a check and cull after RoS.

Is there a chance some of us will get invited after the cull at ROS then?

theres-a-chance-o.gif

BearPawB

Banned
Blizz suggest, for the most seamless experience into Act V, that we plan it so we kill Diablo just after the RoS notice hits servers. Then you'll get the proper Act IV transition.

Going to wait just outside his room for the notice, personally.

GO GO GO!

Hmm. Fight that bastard one last time? i guess I am ok with that.

The thing is if you think it's fine to gain insane exp from low life trash on torment 6 then people really didn't think about what they were doing , I did Cota runs for about 45 mins and it bored me to tears, plus the exp nerf if you can call it that won't effect casuals at all , they'll get bored of grind for gear before grinding out para levels.

Trash? Ok. You do understand this nerf effected far more than the skeletons in CotA? You know those hulking demonic terrors in Keeps, yep they were effected by the nerf too. The overwhelming majority of the game is made up of these so called 'trash' monsters.

Trash are scorpions, bats, those black spirits on the Kulle quest, mini spiders, etc.

Blizzard took the easy way out, if they wanted to nerf CotA runs do that. Nerf those runs, decrease the monsters that spawn there. What they did screws over Act 1 for xp, Keeps, Bridge, etc. This is going to have large problems when RoS is released and we are doing bounties that have these types of monsters in them.

Ashodin

Is there a chance some of us will get invited after the cull at ROS then?

theres-a-chance-o.gif

Yep. We're thinking of removing people after a week of RoS, because if you haven't played by then, you're likely going to be inactive for long periods of time.

And Yoshi, brother, we got Reluctant back in the clan. Our glorious clan had someone sacrifice his spot just for Reluctant. NA GAF CLAN IS AWESOME!!

Sanctuary

Official forums are reaching peak levels of drama:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12203350394

This stuff needs the YouTube Comment Reconstruction treatment.

So what the hell did they end up doing to the game, and is it yet another bait-and-switch where people bought RoS based off of what was promised, and shown until recently, only for it to have been tossed aside at the last moment?

edit: Wait, is this only because of an XP nerf? If that's the case, some of these people need to remember just how fucking terrible XP was when vanilla D3 went live. The game was pretty much shit until Paragon levels, and even then it was still only slightly better shit. And I'm sorry, but casually playing for a few days (granted there was the +100% XP bonus in effect), I gained 57 Paragon levels. So I guess now that would have been 20 - 25? Boo hoo.

Something curious I was thinking about today.

As we all have seen, loot pretty much only drops for your current character and spec.

But what I am wondering.. is if I farm up a bunch of the horadaric caches on say my monk, and then transfer them to a WD and open them... will the items be for the WD or will they be for the monk? I guess it depends on when the loot was determined.

Just finished act I with my Monk in Torment 1...
It was not hard, I'm thinking about going Torment 2 for the second act....
I'm playing solo, btw

what do you think about stats and equip?

With how difficulty levels are handled you can't lose anything by bumping up torment levels and seeing how you go, the only thing to consider is even if you can handle a higher level if it takes you a long time to kill things then you are better off going down a level or two. moving faster means more exp and loot but not necessarily more fun.

But if you enjoy the challenge of barely surviving using everything you have to take down big mobs then disregard the above. Personally I sometimes enjoy higher torment just to test my survivability, then I lower it and absolutely smash everything.

Kacho

Mayyhem, I sent you a friend request this morning. Not sure if you saw that. I'll be on again later if you still need help power leveling your Wiz.

What I want to know is why the clan size is so restricted. Just dumb that it's limited to 150 or whatever it is. Should be at least 250 if not 500. I mean when WoW guilds can hold up to 1000.

PatzCU

What I want to know is why the clan size is so restricted. Just dumb that it's limited to 150 or whatever it is. Should be at least 250 if not 500. I mean when WoW guilds can hold up to 1000.

I'm sure we'll see an increase down the line in a patch. Agreed though, 150 seems slightly arbitrary unless the roster tab takes up a lot of ram or something.

Chocobro

Is anyone going to do infernal machine runs (preferably Torment 1 or 2) in about 2 hours? My cousin and I have a total of 8 machines and I'm missing the Writhing Spine.

Chocobro#1646

TTOOLL

With how difficulty levels are handled you can't lose anything by bumping up torment levels and seeing how you go, the only thing to consider is even if you can handle a higher level if it takes you a long time to kill things then you are better off going down a level or two. moving faster means more exp and loot but not necessarily more fun.

But if you enjoy the challenge of barely surviving using everything you have to take down big mobs then disregard the above. Personally I sometimes enjoy higher torment just to test my survivability, then I lower it and absolutely smash everything.

Yeah, I will try that. What about the loot? Does it change considerably from T1 to T6?

Shadow780

What's a cookie cutter build I can use for Monk? I can transfer over most of my DH's gear to her (Crit Mempo, 2 Piece Inna, 2 Piece Natalya, and a Dex legacy Echoing Fury)

I leveled her up pre 1.08 but never picked it up again and is planning to reset the quest tonight so I can bring her up to Diablo.

I'm sure we'll see an increase down the line in a patch. Agreed though, 150 seems slightly arbitrary unless the roster tab takes up a lot of ram or something.

It was my understanding that Blizzard setup the community option for larger groups like reddit and GAF. The functionality seems to be the same but communities can hold way more people.

They are setup the same way clans are just designed for less people.I don't think communities have a cap on roster since they can be made public.

It's all spelled out here.

Edit: The biggest thing that I see that is different is that you don't get notifications on item drops, promotions or online status when in a community but there is still a chat.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm glad I bought a 1,250 DPS windforce with good rolls for like 250k before the AH went down (This was months ago). Everything else I had I replaced in about 2-3 hours.
Original GAF Clan is best Clan, I asked for some uber runs help yesterday night and in less than a minute 3 overpowered dudes came to my recue with infernal machines et all and helped me craft my ring.
;_;
I seemed to have been kicked from the NA GAF guild. What happened? I was a part of it last week.
This was me, but I was inactive for like a year so I'm in <GAFO> now.
BOOM! THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST (before Jay Wilson decided to double it)
#dead
I'm very happy with two out of my last few drops. How long will these last me into RoS?

i9w7Ljyl.png
Ammy for a long ass time, passive 2 stronk. Just keep it in inventory.

Westonian

I love that amulet. I always keep it in my inventory and equip it when arcane elites spawn. Soooo good.

Super jealous of that Thunderfury.

What the fuck are you talking about? I don't want to shit this thread up. People on EU GAF chat are already talking about your post, saying how awful you guys are handling the situation and I'm just inviting you to Mumble so you don't have to embarrass yourself any further.

You sure are offering up your opinion rather willfully and without much of a filter. It's a difficult situation regardless of what you or anyone in the EU clan is snickering about.

I personally think the community feature should be utilized more, but that's not a complete solution either.

If anyone wants to offer up a solution not laced with condescension please do so.

LowParry

Are people planning on hitting 70 before doing act 5, or just blazing through act 5 for adventure mode?

Not too sure. I'll either have a friend powerlevel my Crusader to 60 first then decide to with it to 70 or my Wizard to 70. (I rather have both up there to be honest lol).

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I would love to use the community, but the problem is once a community goes over 150 people it stops showing the member roster and only shows the officers. Not really any way to enforce it being for actual GAF members. With clans we can do clan notes at least.

The whole situation's pretty ugly.

I imagine the clan limit is there for interface stuff such as the character previews and quick join.

I personally think the community feature should be utilized more, but that's not a complete solution either.

If anyone wants to offer up a solution not laced with condescension please do so.

Long story short, I'd say disband the US clans and use a community instead. Live with the shortcomings. Link interesting items manually, forget about having a usable roster. Sigh.

I would love to use the community, but the problem is once a community goes over 150 people it stops showing the member roster and only shows the officers. Not really any way to enforce it being for actual GAF members. With clans we can do clan notes at least.

The whole situation's pretty ugly.

I imagine the clan limit is there for interface stuff such as the character previews and quick join.

Is there a way we can bug them until they do something about it? I'm pretty sure that's already happening but we need more space ASAP.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Is there a way we can bug them until they do something about it? I'm pretty sure that's already happening but we need more space ASAP.

People bring it up a few times a day on the forums, and DatModz brought it up during the developer playtest stream. They're definitely aware of it, but we're stuck for now.

Taz

Trash? Ok. You do understand this nerf effected far more than the skeletons in CotA? You know those hulking demonic terrors in Keeps, yep they were effected by the nerf too. The overwhelming majority of the game is made up of these so called 'trash' monsters.

Trash are scorpions, bats, those black spirits on the Kulle quest, mini spiders, etc.

Blizzard took the easy way out, if they wanted to nerf CotA runs do that. Nerf those runs, decrease the monsters that spawn there. What they did screws over Act 1 for xp, Keeps, Bridge, etc. This is going to have large problems when RoS is released and we are doing bounties that have these types of monsters in them.

It only effects now because at level 70 bounty exp is the quickest way if it's still like the beta if it's not then, my point still stands casuals will get bored of gear grinding way before para grinding.

Taz

What's a cookie cutter build I can use for Monk? I can transfer over most of my DH's gear to her (Crit Mempo, 2 Piece Inna, 2 Piece Natalya, and a Dex legacy Echoing Fury)

I leveled her up pre 1.08 but never picked it up again and is planning to reset the quest tonight so I can bring her up to Diablo.

A broken build for a monk is

Way of 100 fists > blazing fists

Sweeping wind > cyclone

Exploding palm > essence burn

Then any mantra of your choice

Cyclone strike > implosion

Dashing strike > quicksilver

Any passives choose the ones you like

The way the bug works is sweeping wind procs like mad from exploding palm and counts each burn as a crit, so all you do is run into a huge pack press cyclone strike spam way of 100 fists and spam exploding palm on as many mobs as you can nd watch the 100 cyclones fill the screen.

Dahbomb

That Monk build is really fun at lower levels but at higher levels Essence Burn doesn't do HP% ramage like Flesh is Weak making it under powered compared to other options at high levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom