• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nete

Monthly reminder on how you will fill up that fancy new stash tab with legendary crafting mats.

Agpt8EQ.jpg

Its a pretty nice guide tho.

Mayyhem

Hey any of you guys been playing barb post 2.0? What skills/runea have you been running? I'm so lost with what to do with my barb

I think I dun goofed, I accidentally reset quests when I was trying to change quests, ignoring the warning it threw up. Please tell me there is a way to gain back all the quests, I don't want to have to beat the whole game again before RoS release, please help me out GAF! T_T

Robin64

I think I dun goofed, I accidentally reset quests when I was trying to change quests, ignoring the warning it threw up. Please tell me there is a way to gain back all the quests, I don't want to have to beat the whole game again before RoS release, please help me out GAF! T_T

You have to beat the game again. Sorry dude, but that's all you can do. :(

Goldenhen

Yep you will have to do it all over again there is warning prompt for a reason.

epmode

I suggest running with a new class so you get something out of it!

IceMarker

I seemed to have been kicked from the NA GAF guild. What happened? I was a part of it last week.
GOD DAMN IT ASHODIIIIIIIIIIIN

Is this what's going on in the background of NA GAF?!
Is it because I don't have a single lvl 60 toon yet?
Nah man that would be harsh and stupid as fuck. Better confirm with Ashodin though!
No; unlike EU, NA is on it's third clan. I don't remember if recluctant was one of them, but there have been periodic purges of people who have no one at level 60 and have under 1000 achievement points (aka they are probably not an active player) to allow people in who are active players. As of right now there is literally only one person left in the clan who fits this criteria, so if reluctant is actively playing he can probably get Ash to swap him out for that guy unless someone can vouch for him (they do callouts if anyone knows a player before booting him).

THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE POPULAR YOSHI-KUN
Hey hero, we wanted to get some more space for those who regularly played, and since we have no real last logged on metric, we used achievement points. It's possible you were one of those with near zero that we removed. It's not a requirement to join GAF clan, but we wanted to foster more "always there" players in the clan, and has nothing to do with you personally.

Unrelated, we also believe there might be people who signed up initially joined GAF clan to spy on it who lurk banned on GAF. We'll be doing a check and cull after RoS.
This has to be the stupidest reason I've ever heard in my entire life. Kick people or make them "third tier" because you assume they're "inactive" (or rather "shitty players") based of their achievements?

Unlike NA, EU is one clan. One clan with only top notch quality players - and even if we had five EU clans, I would never remove anyone and put them in the tier 2 or 3 clans just because of their achievement points.
Hey hey no smack talk brother! Just because EU is lazy and only has one clan doesn't mean the MIGHT of the NA clans are weaker!
So we should let inactive idle accounts sit in the clan when we are getting literally tens of messages a day from active players who want in? Read my and Ash's posts again; there's no last log in date shown, so all we have to go by are people who have no one at level 60 and/or have very low achievement score as a best guess as to who has actually played the game in forever.
The logic in this post :( I'm sorry man... just no.

Inactive? 2.0 has been out for two weeks - have they been inactive for two weeks? Get the shit out of here, NA GAF fucked up and if the leadership behind it won't admit it then that's even more pathetic.

If you guys want to talk more about this, I'm on Mumble. I don't want to shit this thread any further.

Just got home from work to see these posts as it saddens me I pretty much caused all this. I can explain.

A couple days ago a relatively active gaffer Holden was on Diablo III and I had asked him if he'd like to be in <GAF> to which he replied yes. Ashodin wasn't online at the time and I was aware that at least a few members of our clan basically jumped in the clan just to be in the clan and not actually be active in Diablo III at all. Ashodin had already mentioned that he wanted to do a purge of the *for sure* inactive accounts shortly after RoS launches, and knowing that I decided to jump the gun and bit and find the most under-leveled-zero-paragon-furthest-into-the-past-login account I could find and Reluctant was the one who came up in my search, and sequentially crosshairs. I asked the currently online members of the clan in chat if anyone knew or talked to him and all who posted said no, and so I kicked him to make room for Holden. I swear that we are not kicking anyone for any personal reason it was purely statistical.

I sincerely apologize for the quick action I took without first skimming the previous clan and |OT|s for your posts Reluctant to see that you were actually wanting to be a part of an active clan. If Ashodin or the other officers have not already rectified the situation I will do my part to find a truly inactive account right now and make room for your return. Glad to hear you're back in!

PEACE AND LOVE BETWEEN EU AND NA

plake

24 hours to go for ROS to be unlocked in Europe. I'll e online a few hours before that to wrap up act 3 and 4. Aiming to be lv 70 before I beat act 5 for best loot from the boss :D omg I can't wait!!

HYPE!!!!!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Excellent clarification IceMarker.

Peace and love, brother.

jasonng

Just got home from work to see these posts as it saddens me I pretty much caused all this. I can explain.

A couple days ago a relatively active gaffer Holden was on Diablo III and I had asked him if he'd like to be in <GAF> to which he replied yes. Ashodin wasn't online at the time and I was aware that at least a few members of our clan basically jumped in the clan just to be in the clan and not actually be active in Diablo III at all. Ashodin had already mentioned that he wanted to do a purge of the *for sure* inactive accounts shortly after RoS launches, and knowing that I decided to jump the gun and bit and find the most under-leveled-zero-paragon-furthest-into-the-past-login account I could find and Reluctant was the one who came up in my search, and sequentially crosshairs. I asked the currently online members of the clan in chat if anyone knew or talked to him and all who posted said no, and so I kicked him to make room for Holden. I swear that we are not kicking anyone for any personal reason it was purely statistical.

I sincerely apologize for the quick action I took without first skimming the previous clan and |OT|s for your posts Reluctant to see that you were actually wanting to be a part of an active clan. If Ashodin or the other officers have not already rectified the situation I will do my part to find a truly inactive account right now and make room for your return.

PEACE AND LOVE BETWEEN EU AND NA

Ew, of all people why Holden? Also he should be EU.

Cipherr

Would it be possible to join someone else's party who is already at the end and then be able to unlock all the quests that way?

I dunno if that would work, but if you are Torment geared, wouldnt just putting it on easy and cruising through it all really quickly be fine?

plake

Would it be possible to join someone else's party who is already at the end and then be able to unlock all the quests that way?

You'd join their game and, if they were to kill Diablo, I believe it would let you pass through to act 5. Untested though, but it would be logical. It wouldn't unlock all quests though as you'll have to clear the whole game yourself for that to happen.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ew, of all people why Holden? Also he should be EU.
This post made me laugh, and of course it had to be from jasonng XD

jasonng

I'm happy with my brothers in the Overflow. We're totes the better clan.

Edit: Wait, there's a third clan? Why is that necessary? I added Hazard to the clan last night without any problems.

You'd join their game and, if they were to kill Diablo, I believe it would let you pass through to act 5. Untested though, but it would be logical. It wouldn't unlock all quests though as you'll have to clear the whole game yourself for that to happen.

I'd be okay with this, as I just want to be able to play RoS on Monday night without having to grind the game 'till completion for the next two days.

plake

I'd be okay with this, as I just want to be able to play RoS on Monday night without having to grind the game 'till completion for the next two days.

I get that.
It should be fine seeing as if I join someone killing an act boss I progress to the next act with them. However if blizzard made it as you'd need all quests unlocked to get to act 5 it wouldn't work. I see no reason for that though.

Fingers crossed!

Myself I'm going to wrap up act 3-4 tomorrow eve just to be safe. Luckily those are quite short.

IceMarker

I just look forward to the day we no longer have to purge and all 150 accounts will be active at least once every couple of weeks/months. <GAF> best clan!

Dang, sorry I caused a ruckus. Ice, no worries. I figured that being under 60 would be against me before ROS launched and fully intended to use the double XP to my advantage. But then life got in the way and I haven't plays as much as I wanted to. But I'm back now, just in time for ROS.

jasonng

Dang, sorry I caused a ruckus. Ice, no worries. I figured that being under 60 would be against me before ROS launched and fully intended to use the double XP to my advantage. But then life got in the way and I haven't plays as much as I wanted to. But I'm back now, just in time for ROS.

They won't love you as much as we do. Join the Overflow.

Westonian

Yeah, I just checked. The Overflow clan has a lot of seats. There shouldn't be a need for a third clan.
Well, if that's the case I'd like an invite. I have no idea what my achievement points are, but I've been pretty active since the launch of the game. Westonian#1503

ZenaxPure

Hey any of you guys been playing barb post 2.0? What skills/runea have you been running? I'm so lost with what to do with my barb

I've just been running with a fire based WW/HoTA spec and it was working well once I got some gear for it (Don't mind my gear/gems I sold all of it off before the AH went down so now my gear is mostly shit and ungemmed, I was able to do Torment 4 before then). Really just pick what fury dump you want and try to get some gear that is focused on that (specifically talking +skill damage and +elemental damage) and you will be fine. If you don't have the 4 piece IK set bonus (perma ancients) I highly suggest running war cry with the 50 fury rune, that with some cooldown reduction will make fury generation not feel as shitty as it is otherwise.

Alternatively, if you come across a fulminator the exact same build except everything changed to lightning works really well. The lightning rune for WW makes it play like pre patch WW barbs (as in, inside a group of 5-6 enemies you have infinite fury) and the fulminator is strong and procs constantly with lightning overpower + WW.

Honestly though you can kind of build around any skill, most of them have been buffed in one way or another. For example I think nearly every skill has had one of its runes changed to be extremely high weapon damage at the cost of losing the utility effects of said skill, most of them attached to the fire element.

Yoshichan

BOOM! Done for today (yes, I know. 1am, Casualchan, Yoshicasual etc, but it's all planned out to maximize RoS week :D).

312 paragon -> 338 (26 levels) today!

TOMORROW, IS THE DAY, WE STAND AND FIGHT. PEACE, YA'LL! NOSTALGIA PICTURE INCOMING BELOW!

xjNY2.jpg

Can someone please link me the thread that explains all the changes and new systems for RoS? My searching whilst on my phone is failing me miserably right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom