• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlludiumQ36

cOh02wp.jpg
tXEaVkv.jpg
YBlPTa4.jpg

RNG has been kind to my wizard.

Really concerned about potential soft and hard caps on this elemental stuff based on what I saw on my character sheet(the bonus damage to elites was at 32.8% even though my gear adds up to 34%).

Also, I have Spectral Blade damage at +36% across two items. I wonder how that stacks with the Arcane skill damage?

Chocobro

Well, looks like I won't be able to get a Hellfire Ring now that my Spring Break is ending. 10 machines total with my friends and I got nothing; they both got enough organs for a ring. This sucks.

Dahbomb

So what would you recommend for 60+?

Here is my current setup.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/HerpDerpSt-1817/hero/803016
Replace Exploding Rune with Flesh is Weak for higher Torment. Otherwise stick with Essence Burn for lower stuff.

Get Cyclone Strike with Implosion rune.

Replace Fist of Thunder with Way of Hundred Fists (as you have a skill modifier for it).

If you want to keep LTK replace it with the Fire rune.

You can choose to drop Sweeping Wind if you want but only if you are changing Essence Burn as well.

You have +% Fire skills through your Mage Fists and +% Way of Hundred Fists through your pants.

But more importantly you seem to be lacking in All Resistance. You need to rectify that immediately.

Any Europeans online that can do me a favor? Need to get to Shen (the jewel dude), but I just reset quests and that fucking mayor is blocking the way (who's bright idea was it to block the road?). Don't want to do the quests to get it out of the way.

Sincerely, Desperately, questionmark#2628

F34R

So, I've had a year lay off from this game... I boot it up, and it feels like a completely different game now.

I need one of those newb guides lol. Pre-ordered RoS for the sake of doing it.

F34R

Any Europeans online that can do me a favor? Need to get to Shen, but I just reset quests and that fucking mayor is blocking the way (who's bright idea was it to block the road?). Don't want to do the quests to get it out of the way.

I'm "Americas"... can I just switch to EUR and do what you need?

Sykotik

Does anyone have 2 Radiant Star Emeralds (or marquis) they're willing to part with? I know they'll be dropping like candy shortly, but I want to eek out a bit more dps tonight, for the hell of it.

Great items.
I wish I would find a weapon with high damage And high LOH. Although one with high damage and socket would do the same work

Cipherr

Does anyone have 2 Radiant Star Emeralds (or marquis) they're willing to part with? I know they'll be dropping like candy shortly, but I want to eek out a bit more dps tonight, for the hell of it.

You aren't the only one. I have zero of the top tier gems in game, because with only 50m to my name I'm afraid of the socketing costs. Are they still sky high?

Either way, I can't wait for the expansion so I can have high tier gems dropping like candy.

bogg

Any Europeans online that can do me a favor? Need to get to Shen (the jewel dude), but I just reset quests and that fucking mayor is blocking the way (who's bright idea was it to block the road?). Don't want to do the quests to get it out of the way.

Still need help with that?

Just hit 60 and spent a bunch of gold/mats getting my barb to 800k tough and 100k damage only to realize Tommorow night he hits 61 and it ends up kind of pointless :(

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
GAF community chat is coming to life now. Sorting out the third GAF clan. Just join the community chat in the meantime.

Looking forward to the great gear reset when RoS arrives. So many hours, so little power :)

Edit: there we go, mouse over people in the community roster and look for the people with the GAFMAX tag. They can invite you. Samus4145 and Sciz.

huxley00

Any advice for Barbarians? I have pretty decent gear, tried about 10 different builds or so, always find Wizards and Demon Hunters out DPS me by a fair to very heavy margin. Is that just the nature of the game at this point? Not sure what else I can really try, just been focusing on getting as much crit chance increase and mainly crit damage as possible. It has definitely helped but not as much as I was hoping...

MrDaravon

I'm working on a blacksmith plans/transmog spreadsheet including the RoS stuff (using the bnet guide). I'll post it here when I'm done for everyone, but need some clarification, ideally from someone who was in the beta:

-Can you use set items for Transmog purposes?
-On crafted leg/set plans that have newer level 70 versions in RoS (ex. Griswold's sword, Cain's Set armor pieces, etc) do they look visually any different, aka would those be considered two separate transmog skins or not?

Basically just trying to mostly figure out what I need to list for the Transmog checklist or not. Also as I'm thinking about this I'm not sure how they would handled currently available leg/set crafts, as you could craft them today but I don't know if they would still consider them pre 2.0 or not. I may need to scrap the transmog part of the spreadsheet until RoS actually launches until I can get clarification >_>

ferr

Speaking of rarer legs, I've never seen anyone get a 2.0 Frostburns. I think they're the rarest item in the game.

So excited. I'm especially excited that the popularity of D3 in general has skyrocketed in anticipation for RoS. D3 used to be like maybe #29 on the most viewers on Twitch. Now it's in the top 5 regularly. Population was my biggest worry for the game since I love chatting and shit while I'm farming--so I'm pretty ecstatic that it looks to be as popular as ever.

joesmokey

Finally hit paragon 100! Not bad for coming back two weeks ago.

Now the question is if I can take a break until RoS hits like I originally planned to...

So I know they wanted to make some gear only attainable in Torment or higher. Was there some sort of note about legendaries not dropping at all in normal? I've been grinding Cave of Frost for a couple of hours now and I've seen nada. Seems really odd to have gone this long before today and not see - something - drop.

ferr

So I know they wanted to make some gear only attainable in Torment or higher. Was there some sort of note about legendaries not dropping at all in normal? I've been grinding Cave of Frost for a couple of hours now and I've seen nada. Seems really odd to have gone this long before today and not see - something - drop.

Lots of complaints today about it. I feel like I got fewer as well.

GorillaJu

Is the Thunderfury really rare or something? Got one a couple weeks ago.

I'm convinced that some uniques are extremely rare. I've never seen a SOJ, Tal Rasha's chest piece seems to be very rare, and there are others. On the flipside I've seen a shit ton of Leoric's Signets, Empyrean Messengers, Denials, Rakoff's Crystal... etc.

On the other hand, I started a new Barbarian and within the first 30 minutes of having reached level 60, I got both socketed Thunderfury and Fulminator. /shrug I don't even like/want to play Barbarian. Game is just unfair.

I'm sure there are people that can explain this better than I can. To put it simply, some legendaries are much more rare than others.

I just got one for my Level 60 Wizard while running through Torment II. Unfortunately, it took away 15% of my toughness,
but it's worth it. That's what I keep telling myself.

But now I only have around 660k toughness in comparison to my 140k DPS. Glass Cannon best cannon.

Sciz

Alright, GAFMAX is ready and willing to take in all our unaffiliated NA demon slayers. Picking through the last few pages for requests shortly, or throw me or Samus4145 a PM to make sure you aren't lost in the shuffle.

edit: Blizzard can't test their own slash commands, ask in the community chat or expect a friend invite.

Nete

I'm working on a blacksmith plans/transmog spreadsheet including the RoS stuff (using the bnet guide). I'll post it here when I'm done for everyone, but need some clarification, ideally from someone who was in the beta:

-Can you use set items for Transmog purposes?

Yes and no. You can't use class set (Tal'Rasha, Natalya...) skins to transmog other items, but you can use non-class set items (Demon's Skin i.e.). That said, during beta were some weird issues with this, with some pieces unable to transmog with set skins (mainly gloves), but that looked more like a bug.

-On crafted leg/set plans that have newer level 70 versions in RoS (ex. Griswold's sword, Cain's Set armor pieces, etc) do they look visually any different, aka would those be considered two separate transmog skins or not?

Low level and level 70 versions looks exactly the same, only stats and set bonus changes, so they should be considered the same for transmog purposes. I can't assure this at 100% as I only got plans on beta after hitting 70, and I never had luck on getting D3V plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom