• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingslunk

I'm going to have 3 infernal machines soon. Anyone else with infernal machines want to team up? Trying to guarantee myself a hellfire ring before expansion on Tuesday.

I think I dun goofed, I accidentally reset quests when I was trying to change quests, ignoring the warning it threw up. Please tell me there is a way to gain back all the quests, I don't want to have to beat the whole game again before RoS release, please help me out GAF! T_T

Alright, just beat the entire game again on normal, it was a nice refresher right before the day of launch! Tomorrow shall be fun! :)

Braag

There's no point in buying the expansion if I only lvl to 60 and aren't interest in the crusader right?

There's lv.70, Act V, Adventure mode (and Nephalem Rifts), New artisan (The Mystic), New loot, The Crusader class (which you're not interested in).
So you do get plenty of content from the expansion, not as much as we've come to expect from Blizzard expansion but still plenty of new stuff.

Alright, just beat the entire game again on normal, it was a nice refresher right before the day of launch! Tomorrow shall be fun! :)

I think everyone has done that mistake once...

Rokam

Really looking forward to tomorrow, have had D3 since launch but have never listened to any dialogue, watched the class cutscenes, or done any of the conversations. Going to do 100% of everything on the Crusader and take it nice and slow clearing all the things.

Really looking forward to tomorrow, have had D3 since launch but have never listened to any dialogue, watched the class cutscenes, or done any of the conversations. Going to do 100% of everything on the Crusader and take it nice and slow clearing all the things.

Exactly what I am doing. I have forgotten everything from the slow play through I originally did 8 months or so ago and my DH probably won't be ready for ACT V in time so I will play a fresh Crusader and pay attention to everything along the way. Going to be good.

sqwarlock

Bye bye, bonus experience. You were nice while it lasted. Got my first 60, and then paragon 22 on her, and my monk went from 1-24. Didn't play too much, else those numbers would've been far higher.

Jasconius

My bonus experience... ;_;

Oh well, I guess I did pretty well in making the most of it - leveled 4 characters to 60 and got 65 paragon levels! Bring on the expansion!

Ferrio

Banned
There's lv.70, Act V, Adventure mode (and Nephalem Rifts), New artisan (The Mystic), New loot, The Crusader class (which you're not interested in).
So you do get plenty of content from the expansion, not as much as we've come to expect from Blizzard expansion but still plenty of new stuff..

Yes but is that stuff available during 1-60? Like if I played to 60 today and played to 60 with the expansion how different would it be? Or is it the same do the prelease patch?

KuroNeeko

So I sat down and played a bit with the Demon Hunter. I've only really played with the Wizard (cleared Normal), but the DH seems really limited compared to her.

Am I missing something? What do people see in her?

I've been playing Witch Doctor in normal Hardcore as well and like going the spirit route. Almost lost the character in Act II when I ran into the first venom-spitting fly - cleared my sinuses right up...

Beepos

So wait I assume Blizzard will have their normal maintenance times, which for Australians is like 7-8pm....

No expansion play after work ? :((((

Jasconius

So wait I assume Blizzard will have their normal maintenance times, which for Australians is like 7-8pm....

No expansion play after work ? :((((

There is usually no scheduled maintenance on expansion release day. Whether the servers will be up, there is emergency maintenance, everything breaks and explodes in balls of flames... well that remains to be seen?

So I finally hit 60 tonight rerunning through all the acts. I liked the way his gear turned out looking.
EIJEfEW.png

Is there anything else to do at "end game" now? Or shall I keep slaying demons in the quest of more epic loots.

Did 15+ levels on my Monk today with bonus XP in a couple hours of play. She's still not 60 though :(

Guess that's okay since I have 3 other 60s to choose from - I can come back to her later.

_woLf

Annnnd they just turned off the XP bonus. Was nice while it lasted!

Really enjoying running through this game again after really not liking it much the first time. It's a lot more fun now.

Tomorrow I'm gonna wake up early and doodle around with the Crusader on the Asia server. Unfortunately I'm going to be in a class when the Americas goes up.

Probably gonna see a ton of 70 crusaders when I get home lol

BigDug13

I've been out of the game for awhile. What's all this keywarden/Ubers stuff? I've tried to google for it, but all that info seems outdated when it's telling me to play Inferno with full Nephalem stacks.

How do you acquire keys now?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've been out of the game for awhile. What's all this keywarden/Ubers stuff? I've tried to google for it, but all that info seems outdated when it's telling me to play Inferno with full Nephalem stacks.

Apparently it's the same, except rates are now tied to Torment levels.

Baliis

It's still the same, but instead of needing 5 stacks and the drop rate being 10% * MP level, you just go kill the key warden with a drop rate going from 25 to 50% as you go from T1 to T6

Javaman

Is there any benefit to resetting quests?

Honestly feels like you can get legendary items faster if you just went the normal route of farming in specific areas as opposed to going through the whole game again for 1 legendary guarantee at Diablo.

Right?

I got burned resetting quests. Played though to middle of act 2, joined a friend who was playing act 3 and went all the way to diablo, No leg drop from the end. Went back and played from middle of act 2 to the end of the game and no leg drop from Diablo that time either, despite reset quests being active again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GG! Good morning! What did I miss out here? Community buff is off... and?
Ladies and gentlemen of EU and NA!

In this corner, weighing at 125,053 unbuffed Monk DPS, we present the beast of NA-DIII-GAF:
RATICUS79
eFVaa.gif

In this corner, weighing at 144,053 unbuffed Wiz DPS, we present the brother of EU-DIII-GAF:
YOSHICHAN
uZOEWF9.gif

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEE
LOL waking up to this... great :D

Soon.

Someone sell me on the Deluxe upgrade. Because I'm not there yet. I don't play Hearthstone or whatever it's called, I don't play WoW, I don't play Heroes of the Swarm, I don't play SC anymore. And I'm never going to.

Now...

...go.

Grassy

Finally got my Monk to level 60 today. I really have no idea what I'm doing though, I'm about to try Expert as I can cakewalk Hard after hitting 60 and getting some upgrades.

So now I'm a 2H Monk. Not sure how common this is...it's fun although my DPS is only 45k, really need to get it up there. Looks like a bad mofo though.

diabloiii2014-03-2418kouz7.png

Really enjoying Diablo 3 especially now we have an Australian server, it feels so much better. Looking forward to RoS tomorrow!

Ashodin

The Melee DH Ashodin, Leader of the Order of the Lion, looks forward to the future...

The Reaper of Souls awaits.

Last Picture At Level 60!

qgq3SjN.jpg

ZenaxPure

Yes but is that stuff available during 1-60? Like if I played to 60 today and played to 60 with the expansion how different would it be? Or is it the same do the prelease patch?

All the stuff he listed is only available in the xpac. Mystic, adventure mode, and act 5 are all things you can do 1-60, so you will miss out on those without the xpac. Adventure mode is kind of the big thing since it's a completely different mode (no cutscenes, random objectives, random dungeons). You have to finish the game to access it, but, unless you are being power leveled you will probably finish the game without hitting max level (where adventure mode will become the better option for gaining those last levels).

Kvik

XP Buff finished already? I could've sworn that it finishes on the 25th.

Oh well, time to unsocket the Ruby from my Mempo and switch to non-xp gear ... :-\

I found Goldskin on the weekend, very keen to try it on. :)

glaurung

How come some people have those smooth lines on their toons in those screenshots? Mine looks blurry and aliased as fuck.

Third party forced AA?

Soon.

Someone sell me on the Deluxe upgrade. Because I'm not there yet. I don't play Hearthstone or whatever it's called, I don't play WoW, I don't play Heroes of the Swarm, I don't play SC anymore. And I'm never going to.

Now...

...go.

I vote no. Not even getting deluxe or physical CE this time around myself. The value just isn't there. Physical CE a bit more debatable for the soundtrack and art book, but if you're not into the other games, digital deluxe is not worth it at all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The Melee DH Ashodin, Leader of the Order of the Lion, looks forward to the future...

The Reaper of Souls awaits.

Last Picture At Level 60!

qgq3SjN.jpg
Always loved that DH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom