• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been wondering this myself. They haven't exactly been very helpful when others have asked the same question on their FB page. Makes me think they have no idea when they'll be getting their keys to distribute to whoever purchased one. Worrying.

Like I said in a follow up e-mail seems like a good route. I got a response within 15minutes and replies even swifter after that.

I have my key from them now, and so does a friend (he didn't even have to pester them for it early).

So it's worthwhile checking your account for it. They won't send a new e-mail saying it's been added or anything, just check periodically.

Bradach

I grabbed a digital pre-order just now, been having fun with the game since 2.0 hit so I'll bite again, don't let me down Blizzard !

Now to wait 11hours and 31minutes... CET midnight launch FTW !

Sucks though, my main (monk) is stuck on Act1, Quest 2... wanted to level all classes to 60 with the XP boost, which I did, but I completely forgot about having to be at the end of Act 4 for the expansion.
Damnit, hope I get to squeeze in enough hours before launch and breeze through the whole thing.

I would just turn it down to normal and literally run to the end of each area ignoring everyone I could :)

styl3s

I grabbed a digital pre-order just now, been having fun with the game since 2.0 hit so I'll bite again, don't let me down Blizzard !

Sucks though, my main (monk) is stuck on Act1, Quest 2... wanted to level all classes to 60 with the XP boost, which I did, but I completely forgot about having to be at the end of Act 4 for the expansion.
Damnit, hope I get to squeeze in enough hours before launch and breeze through the whole thing.
Lower the difficulty?

plake

Me tooooo. I'm ridiculously hyped right now. Not going to be able to concentrate on work at all this week.

ME TOO! Trying to get some studying done so I can jump in at 20ish CET and soothe my D3 nerves.

HYPEEEEEED!

Really thinking about taking tomorrow off, should I do it?

If it's paid time off/vacation days - sure!!! What better day to do it! (although have in mind servers might break...)

You're good to go if your game is fully updated now.

Is this confirmed? So, absolutely no download when launched? That'd be a bit surprising!

Found the exert here - us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13407839/reaper-of-souls%E2%84%A2-launch-day-preparation-3-21-2014

"Diablo III will be available the night Reaper of Souls goes live and there will be no need to patch or exit the game once the clock strikes GO!"

Can't you just get someone to give you the last quest in act 4?

Like I said in a follow up e-mail seems like a good route. I got a response within 15minutes and replies even swifter after that.

I have my key from them now, and so does a friend (he didn't even have to pester them for it early).

So it's worthwhile checking your account for it. They won't send a new e-mail saying it's been added or anything, just check periodically.
Just checked my account and it was there. Weird that they don't send an email letting you know. HYPE TIME

Portman

It's funny how calm I am about this compared to the launch of Diablo 3. I had taken a whole week off of work for that but this time work is biting back and I have to be there. Will have the game tomorrow evening but won't really be able to devote time into it until the end of the week. Looking forward to another 90 hour week(end) of madness.

Dawg

8f393914ccb192816336fyvcwe.jpg

4b326989cebb6c0fd1b861xdk8.jpg

bd4ba750ea02edc8732c5pydv6.jpg

28596713c5bc3cde57590bpft3.jpg

5bb305ab0d5870ce17cb620i2d.jpg

acd53e968c54efb48f70dxyddt.jpg

319836d676dd1124971b403emd.jpg

47f7f2cd9cc211b2eed8equiyq.jpg

e9441ce70ddd5c1a3bf1fozeo6.jpg

9cf0c10ed8e1538d87f08yfdke.jpg

carlton-dance-o.gif

plake

Launch day preparation guide/FAQ FYI:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13407839/reaper-of-souls™-launch-day-preparation-22-03-2014#launch%20times

Regional Launch Times
Reaper of Souls will launch at different times in each Diablo III gameplay region. Please see the below list to learn when the expansion will be available in your preferred region.
For Asia, the expansion will be available to play at 11:00 a.m. PDT on March 24.
3:00 a.m. KST on March 25
2:00 a.m. CST on March 25
For Europe, the expansion will be available to play at 4:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
23:00 GMT on March 24
00:00 CET on March 25
01:00 EET on March 25
03:00 MSK on March 25
For the Americas, the expansion will be available to play on 9:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
10:00 p.m. MDT on March 24
11:00 p.m. CDT on March 24
12:00 a.m. EDT on March 25
1:00 a.m. ADT on March 25
1:30 a.m. NDT on March 25
12:00 p.m. SGT on March 25
3:00 p.m. AEDT on March 25

Launch Night Login
Diablo III will be available the night Reaper of Souls goes live and there will be no need to patch or exit the game once the clock strikes GO!
We advise logging in ahead of time to reduce potential queue times. Once you're in-game and the Reaper of Souls has launched in your region, you'll see a server broadcast message letting you know that the expansion is now available to play. This means you can continuously play Diablo III all night long and jump straight into Act V the moment it’s available!
Note: In order to access Act V once Reaper of Souls is live, you will need to exit your current game and select Act V from the Quest Select window. If you want to avoid having to recreate your game, we recommend that you set up your game so that you're killing Diablo after your gameplay region's launch time. This way, you can naturally transition into Act V without any additional effort.

So I do need to be at end of Act IV instead of the main menu where I can just choose random quests? Or can I just choose to go beat diablo again now and chill there instead of talking to the AI and heading back to main menu?

Xyber

Just rush through the game on normal. Will not take more than 2-3 hours if you just ignore everything but the quests.

So I do need to be at end of Act IV instead of the main menu where I can just choose random quests? Or can I just choose to go beat diablo again now and chill there instead of talking to the AI and heading back to main menu?

If you beat Diablo after RoS is unlocked in your region you will be able to go to act V right away. No backing out and connecting to a new server or anything.

plake

Either: waiting in main menu with act 4 completed for act 5 to unlock is fine. Killing act 4 Diablo after launch is fine as it will transition you to act 5 as well.

People in game are saying that 60-70 takes 4 hours with normal leveling, does anyone know if this is correct? Think about staying up to hit 70 before bed as long as the servers don't die.

I keep going back and forth trying to decide whether to buy RoS or not. I'm having fun with Diablo 3 right now, but I'm afraid that in the end it will just be an endless loot grind without a purpose and that'll I'll get burned out pretty quicky. But then again, I'll get hours of fun out of it. And farming with EU Gaf won't be boring. Ah.

Open game on last quest of Act 4, wait for the server broadcast saying the expansion is live, slay Diablo, and move directly into Act 5.

I keep going back and forth trying to decide whether to buy RoS or not. I'm having fun with Diablo 3 right now, but I'm afraid that in the end it will just be an endless loot grind without a purpose and that'll I'll get burned out pretty quicky. But then again, I'll get hours of fun out of it. And farming with EU Gaf won't be boring. Ah.

Do it. Think of the hours of enjoyment and it will get updates in the future - ladders etc. that will likely bring you back for a while.

Raxious

Sooo, ofcourse just before RoS hits I get some nice drops:

First mob pack:
- Key of Terror
- Plan: Infernal Machine

Second mob pack:
- plan: Griswold's Masterpiece
- 2h Mace

An-Det

Looks like my CE has shipped and will arrive tomorrow, so I'm excited. Is the game already updated if your haven't input a RoS code yet/bought the digital version?

I mentioned this before but no one responded. Does anyone know if the horadric caches can be farmed on a main farmer... and then given to another character to drop loot for that character instead?

Don't think it'll ever have the lasting appeal of D2, but I didn't quite expect D3 to rope me back in with the last patch like it did either.

Thanks guys. Sorry for cluttering up the thread, limited time means I want to have it right.

VWdrewzBie#6802 if anyone wants to run some areas to pass some time!

wormania

Is there an EU 'gaf clan that I can join in preperation for the circlejerk/ragefest that will inevitably ensue at 11pm?

Edit: As it seems to be thing, wormania#2962 if there's space

Ricker

Same here...since the latest patch,I went from being stuck on Belial on Nightmare,at level 45 with my WD to level 55 now,changed the difficulty to hard but it's still damn easy and now I am almost at Diablo...so I wont reach 60 with the 100% exp thing...being on the US Overflow Clan is great though...I will decide tomorrow,waiting on impressions of Act V.

XShagrath

No maintenance tomorrow, I believe.
I really hope so. Tomorrow's my day off anyways, and it's put a frown on my face when I can't play for 6-8 hours that day due to patching.

It's finals week for my students, so I have to administer their final Wednesday, and then I don't have to be back at work until next Tuesday. No vacation time needed. Five glorious days of RoS!

Going back to what I said about starting a Crusader first thing, I think I've changed my mind just a little bit. I'm gonna farm with my main for a bit first to get a high-level ruby to drop into my STR Hellfire first. Do those drop right at 61+, or do they not drop until 70?

Kosma

Banned
Ive put like 50/100 hours into Beta before D3 came out.

About 100 hours in D3 itself, a big part of which since loot 2.0

So getting RoS is kind of a no brainer.

I mentioned this before but no one responded. Does anyone know if the horadric caches can be farmed on a main farmer... and then given to another character to drop loot for that character instead?

From what I believe an items stats have already been rolled when it's dropped - so I think that caches loot would be determined on drop as well. I guess there is only one way to test it :)

Radec

Looks like my CE has shipped and will arrive tomorrow, so I'm excited. Is the game already updated if your haven't input a RoS code yet/bought the digital version?

If you fully updated your vanilla D3, then its already RoS ready.

The client right now is RoS.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Really thinking about taking tomorrow off, should I do it?

I wouldn't take tomorrow off. I'd take off Friday, give the game and servers a few days to equalize and settle down, as there may be launch day problems and then you won't be able to play on your day off anyway.

Robin64

I have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off. Decided to not take Tuesday due to past Blizzard antics. So just my luck it will work flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom