• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunfisch

roger that.

I wouldn't be quite that quick to write it off. There's, somewhat unfortunately, one precise difference which made me go for the Digital Deluxe - you gain another 3 character slots. With the normal edition of RoS, you get two more, up to 12 slots total from vanilla D3. With the CE / Deluxe, you'd end up with 15.

May not be of value to some, but to me, that shit's important. Means I can have all my softcore and a better selection of HC chars on top. Might even have space for a mule or two.

It's up to you. The transmogrification plans, spectral hound pet and the other stuff for Blizzard franchises, well... most of that is just cosmetics. Up to you. But 3 more char slots is tangible.

I wouldn't be quite that quick to write it off. There's, somewhat unfortunately, one precise difference which made me go for the Digital Deluxe - you gain another 3 character slots. With the normal edition of RoS, you get two more, up to 12 slots total from vanilla D3. With the CE / Deluxe, you'd end up with 15.

May not be of value to some, but to me, that shit's important. Means I can have all my softcore and a better selection of HC chars on top. Might even have space for a mule or two.

It's up to you. The transmogrification plans, spectral hound pet and the other stuff for Blizzard franchises, well... most of that is just cosmetics. Up to you. But 3 more char slots is tangible.

I still have 3 open slots as it is. any more slots will just become mules that will just promote my further indecisiveness when dealing with shitty drops.

Reknoc

bonus exp no come back i wanted you to help me get the last few levels i need for my wizard...

oh well its only 3 levels can probably do it without

sueil

Can't wait to play my new Crusader. Have a 60 wizard with like paragon 100 I didn't really play much this past month because I was just waiting for the expansion to drop. Got really sick of doing the story mode so adventure mode is a god send. Story will be done one last time on Crusader and then never again.

Bradach

Story will be done one last time on Crusader and then never again.

I can't even bring myself to go through Act 1 - 4 with my crusader. I'm just going straight into act 5 with my Barb, clear it, unlock adventure mode and start my lvl 1 crusader off in adventure mode.

Kosma

Banned
14 hours to go!

.....until Error 37.

Never forget!

I can't even bring myself to go through Act 1 - 4 with my crusader. I'm just going straight into act 5 with my Barb, clear it, unlock adventure mode and start my lvl 1 crusader off in adventure mode.

I wonder if they done all new banter between the crusader and all followers.

Nah, RoS is not gonna sell as much or intense as Diablo 3 did. Activity is low on this game. Only about 40% of my friends are biting at Diablo again.

I think you will be very suprised.

Im sure ros will sell millions, vanilla diablo 3 even charted again in germany this week ;)

Nah, RoS is not gonna sell as much or intense as Diablo 3 did. Activity is low on this game. Only about 40% of my friends are biting at Diablo again.

It might not hit Diablo 3 levels of sales but on the flip-side to your friends ... I have friends who played Diablo 3 originally but only very briefly already logging on this past week to hit 60 or make alts.

It's going to sell and I doubt the servers survive.

Well you have to assume they are going to try real hard to not encounter server capacity issues of that scale again. And especially since the log-in servers may not be nearly as stressed as they were on D3V release thanks to the ability to log in prior to the RoS unlock it may work out relatively well this time.

I do however anticipate that there are going to be a bunch of issues anyways. But man... it better don't be on the scale of vanilla release or Blizz is never gonna hear the end of it ;O

I'm getting some weird lag/rubberbanding type stuff where the game will just pause for seconds at a time in the middle of combat before resuming. It's not on my end (I've played League without lag for months now) so maybe it's the server I'm using? I'm playing on the America server but I'm in New Zealand. Should I play on the Asia one instead? There doesn't appear to be an Australian one or anything.

It might not hit Diablo 3 levels of sales but on the flip-side to your friends ... I have friends who played Diablo 3 originally but only very briefly already logging on this past week to hit 60 or make alts.

It's going to sell and I doubt the servers survive.

I have a few friends who are only now getting into it, based on me and other friends recommendations. Before the game was a harder sell than it is now.

Tiu Neo

FqShbAt.png

Won't RoS launch at that time?

Surprise feature, or announcement at the same time? If it's already in, it would be awesome, but I'm betting on announcement.

So I am just about finished Act IV with my DH who is currently 48, likely 49 by the time I finish the act. Can I do ACT V with this DH as it is now when RoS releases or do I need to be 60?

Arkanius

There's lv.70, Act V, Adventure mode (and Nephalem Rifts), New artisan (The Mystic), New loot, The Crusader class (which you're not interested in).
So you do get plenty of content from the expansion, not as much as we've come to expect from Blizzard expansion but still plenty of new stuff.

I think everyone has done that mistake once...

Most of the stuff they had to develop was to fix D3 and not expansion exclusive.

Wallach

Surprise feature, or announcement at the same time? If it's already in, it would be awesome, but I'm betting on announcement.

There is a Twitch launch party stream that starts at the same time as RoS launch, so I suspect that is where it will be announced.

I'm getting some weird lag/rubberbanding type stuff where the game will just pause for seconds at a time in the middle of combat before resuming. It's not on my end (I've played League without lag for months now) so maybe it's the server I'm using? I'm playing on the America server but I'm in New Zealand. Should I play on the Asia one instead? There doesn't appear to be an Australian one or anything.

I'm in Australia, playing on America and my game seems to connect to the new Australian server getting about 20ms of ping. So I don't think so?

Bradach

Yegads! It's launching at 11GMT. I expected it to pop at midnight at least so I would get very little playtime before exhaustion got me. Good times indeed.

Excellent. I'll have an hours run around @ 11pm tonight in that case I think. (assuming simplycdkeys send my code today and the servers don't melt)

EU Countdown: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...8&year=2014&month=3&day=25&hour=0&min=0&sec=0

Also is the Reaper of Souls content already in the game, or does it still need to be downloaded.

tumblr_inline_mgadik1cQo1ro2d43.gif

Me in work right now...

FYI: Anyone who ordered from cdkeys.com - here is an e-mail response I received from them. If you are keen to play tonight, I suggest you drop them an e-mail at mail@cdkeys.com. They where very fast to respond and very helpful, I have no received my code :)

I'm very sorry about this situation.

We have limited stocks for Diablo 3 ROS keys today and the majority of the stocks will be available tomorrow. However, we can send you your code later today if you want to proceed.

Gothos

Erm, if it's already in the game then we will know when the first region launches RoS. Maybe it's an announcement and ladders are coming in the future patch. We'll see.

Goldenhen

Choose American region if you want to access to ANZ server as it is done in the background.
Today we have really bad thunderstorm in Sydney that cause one death and two people struck by lightning.

Just finished Act IV. Now at main menu not sure what to do lol.

EDIT: Now says Act I. Welp. Guess I will be playing Act V on the weekend. Not alot of time to play during week.

Tiu Neo

Erm, if it's already in the game then we will know when the first region launches RoS. Maybe it's an announcement and ladders are coming in the future patch. We'll see.

That's true, if it was at launch he probably would use the time of the first regional launch. Probably Australia?

But yeah, it's probably just the announcement.

Robin64

Just finished Act IV. Now at main menu not sure what to do lol.

EDIT: Now says Act I. Welp. Guess I will be playing Act V on the weekend. Not alot of time to play during week.

It puts you back at Act I, but you'll see you have all the acts open now if you go into game settings. Just don't hit reset quests.

MrDaravon

Yes and no. You can't use class set (Tal'Rasha, Natalya...) skins to transmog other items, but you can use non-class set items (Demon's Skin i.e.). That said, during beta were some weird issues with this, with some pieces unable to transmog with set skins (mainly gloves), but that looked more like a bug.

Low level and level 70 versions looks exactly the same, only stats and set bonus changes, so they should be considered the same for transmog purposes. I can't assure this at 100% as I only got plans on beta after hitting 70, and I never had luck on getting D3V plans.

Thanks for the response! I'll probably just wait a day or two until I get the Mystic and can personally confirm. Also looking around at Reddit and some other places from back during the beta I was seeing slightly conflicting responses so I'll just wait to verify.

It puts you back at Act I, but you'll see you have all the acts open now if you go into game settings. Just don't hit reset quests.

Ok so as long as I don't hit reset quests I can keep doing random sections of the game and when RoS releases I should be right to go straight to Act V?

Thanks

So... CD-Key's still haven't sent me out my key. I have my fingers and toes crossed they get it to me before 11pm tonight.
Been wondering this myself. They haven't exactly been very helpful when others have asked the same question on their FB page. Makes me think they have no idea when they'll be getting their keys to distribute to whoever purchased one. Worrying.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Isn't it like that because of some dumb restrictions with DD games in Korea? I remember Steam having issues there.

KuroNeeko

Does the game unlock at 3/25 00:00 local time, or is it set to say PST/PDT?

Maaaan, the game still isn't out yet, but the $20 discount is over. :/

MrDaravon

I expect there will be general weirdness and lag/downtime for a few days, but nothing on the scale we saw at vanilla launch. They were smart and included the actual RoS gamefiles with 2.0 so everyone who has played the game in the last few weeks literally already has all of the content, and enough people came back over the last few weeks (and especially over this last weekend) that they probably have a good idea on server load. It'll still be fucked in some way, but I doubt there will be lengthy or signifcant downtime or anything like that.

Of course I could just be salty because I have a full workweek that I have zero way of getting out of so I'll only be able to play for 3-4 hours a day until this weekend. It's not like I'm bitter or anything.

Staab

I grabbed a digital pre-order just now, been having fun with the game since 2.0 hit so I'll bite again, don't let me down Blizzard !

Now to wait 11hours and 31minutes... CET midnight launch FTW !

Sucks though, my main (monk) is stuck on Act1, Quest 2... wanted to level all classes to 60 with the XP boost, which I did, but I completely forgot about having to be at the end of Act 4 for the expansion.
Damnit, hope I get to squeeze in enough hours before launch and breeze through the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom