• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaYotiX

Banned
My CE is out for delivery! Won't be home till Wednesday morning to play but I figure the servers are gonna be messed up anyways on Tuesday.

Dawg

Just to be clear, I have to wait till tomorrow before I can play right? I mean, I have the physical CE right here but can't do anything until it goes live, right?

Robin64

Just to be clear, I have to wait till tomorrow before I can play right? I mean, I have the physical CE right here but can't do anything until it goes live, right?

Yep

Regional Launch Times

Reaper of Souls will launch at different times in each Diablo III gameplay region. Please see the below list to learn when the expansion will be available in your preferred region.

For Asia, the expansion will be available to play at
11:00 a.m. PDT on March 24.
3:00 a.m. KST on March 25
2:00 a.m. CST on March 25

For Europe, the expansion will be available to play at
4:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
23:00 GMT on March 24
00:00 CET on March 25
01:00 EET on March 25
03:00 MSK on March 25

For the Americas, the expansion will be available to play at
9:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
10:00 p.m. MDT on March 24
11:00 p.m. CDT on March 24
12:00 a.m. EDT on March 25
1:00 a.m. ADT on March 25
1:30 a.m. NDT on March 25
12:00 p.m. SGT on March 25

Damn. That's insane. When does this start? Midnight tonight? Article doesn't say.

I wouldn't take tomorrow off. I'd take off Friday, give the game and servers a few days to equalize and settle down, as there may be launch day problems and then you won't be able to play on your day off anyway.

Yeah that's the only reason i'm not sure, I guess i'll check if everything seem stable tomorrow morning.

Dawg

Yep

Regional Launch Times

Reaper of Souls will launch at different times in each Diablo III gameplay region. Please see the below list to learn when the expansion will be available in your preferred region.

For Asia, the expansion will be available to play at
11:00 a.m. PDT on March 24.
3:00 a.m. KST on March 25
2:00 a.m. CST on March 25

For Europe, the expansion will be available to play at
4:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
23:00 GMT on March 24
00:00 CET on March 25
01:00 EET on March 25
03:00 MSK on March 25

For the Americas, the expansion will be available to play at
9:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
10:00 p.m. MDT on March 24
11:00 p.m. CDT on March 24
12:00 a.m. EDT on March 25
1:00 a.m. ADT on March 25
1:30 a.m. NDT on March 25
12:00 p.m. SGT on March 25

Oh, that's tonight! Awesome :D

Hmmm, tempted to stay up too late to play for an hour or so but I would be so surly tomorrow morning it wouldn't be worth it. I'll check it out in the am. lol

MYE

kingslunk

I have three infernal machines does anyone who has infernal machines want to run right before the expansion goes live tonight like 10:30 central?

Effect

Going have to wait a long while until the price drops. Managed to grab Diablo 3 for $25 a few weeks ago. Not about to spend $40 for the expansion when really the biggest thing for me would be Act 5 after just finishing the base game. It's going to be a very long wait I think. :(

Whooter

Yeah was going to say this! Nothing more frustrating then taking the day off and having the servers crash. Made that mistake when D3 launched and will be waiting until after work this time.

Yeah, luckily (or unluckily) I'm working overnight tonight, so I can watch the carnage in this thread and see how my chances of getting online look in the morning...

DSmalls84

Pretty hyped to try out the Crusader. Loved the Paladin and Necromancer in D2. Using a two-handed weapon and shield sounds insane damage wise. Storm Shield will finally get the respect it deserves again!

Headhunter

Neo Member
What will you do?

Start the Crusader, or go straight into Act 5?

BTW do you have to be Lvl60 to enter Act 5 or is a low char possible (ofc you have to finish the campaign at least once with that char)

sueil

Crusader is looking like a lot of fun. I'm a spass marine go fuck yourself. Use a two handed weapon and a shield? Oh god.

DSmalls84

What will you do?

BTW do you have to be Lvl60 to enter Act 5 or is a low char possible (ofc you have to finish the campaign at least once with that char)

Crusader for me. Pretty sure you need to finish at least Act 4 to start 5.

Amneisac

Going have to wait a long while until the price drops. Managed to grab Diablo 3 for $25 a few weeks ago. Not about to spend $40 for the expansion when really the biggest thing for me would be Act 5 after just finishing the base game. It's going to be a very long wait I think. :(

Certainly you know what's best for you, but for $40 you're also getting Adventure Mode, which I'm most excited for. You should check out Nephalim Rifts (if you haven't already):

One of the key elements of Nephalem Rifts is how randomized they are. They do not take place in any of the current Acts, but will use tile sets from the acts in new configurations and are populated with randomized selections of monsters. These will mix up the usual play formula considerably, since monsters never normally found in a given area will occur in Loot Runs.

Each Nephalem Rifts has a special end boss or bosses who are also randomized, selected from a long list of possible end bosses, most of whom are much-upgraded versions of current quest bosses. Some Loot Runs will even feature two bosses, much like the pairs of Ubers faced in the Infernal Machine event. - See more at: http://www.diablowiki.net/Nephalem_Rifts#sthash.PbaFcxpZ.dpuf

Is there any consensus on which difficulty is best to solo level on? If you go up too high it seems like TTK would get high enough to where you cancel out any time saving from higher XP.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Straight into Act 5 with either my Wiz or DH. Unlocking Adventure mode is my main priority and I'll be using that mode to level the Crusader later this week.

This for me. Just finished what I consider an extremely spur of the moment day yesterday.

1. Buy a second computer.
2. Buy Diablo + expand
3. Spend 3 hours power levelling my toon with my gf.
4. Get as much gold as humanly possible.

Worth it though, now we can play together !!

garath

Act 5 into Adventure mode all the way.

I like my DH. I want to do the new content with him.

I'll level a crusader later. I have little desire to trudge through the regular content yet again after grinding so much the last few weeks.

joseph

Banned
I'm happy with my brothers in the Overflow. We're totes the better clan.
tumblr_mb5f1uqhXq1rvl81t.gif

What will you do?

doing act v with my barb because he deserves it, then..

hc crusader

Nete

My e-reader has died this morning, clearly a sign to fuck everything but RoS.

Also, I CAN HEAR. Lets see how long this headset survives my killer cat.

EU GAFers needing a push on powerleveling or ubers for a hellfire, let us know!

hello guys, can anyone recommend a cheap key that contains the Italian language? thanks

Is this some sort of joke post?

If you mean to get Diablo 3 or RoS cheap then just get both now. You can get RoS cheaper by changing your country to US while shopping and gift yourself the game for 40$ instead of €.

plake

Is there any consensus on which difficulty is best to solo level on? If you go up too high it seems like TTK would get high enough to where you cancel out any time saving from higher XP.

Depends entirely on your character. If you can handle a high torment - go for it. As yo unsaid TTK is key and if you notice TTK is too slow or you kill mobs easily, switch difficulty up/down.

hello guys, can anyone recommend a cheap key that contains the Italian language? thanks

Go to battle.net, log in with your usual (EU I assume) account, switch to US store, gift the game to yourself for 40 USD. Cheap if you're in Europe. All keys are global.

What will you do?

Hmmm, I was thinking about taking my Sorc into Act 5 and finishing that before rolling a Crusader. But then I'd have to play through the game again right after and do all that new content again in a day or so... maybe I'll just start a Crusader and do all the acts from the get go. Can't wait to get in all those 4 man Crusader games. lol

Bradach

for anyone who bought RoS from SimplyCDKeys I just got this message;

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that your CD Key will be sent to you this afternoon, this is the earliest we are able to ship this game due to strict publisher restrictions.

Kindest Regards
SimplyCDKeys Customer Service

Depends entirely on your character. If you can handle a high torment - go for it. As yo unsaid TTK is key and if you notice TTK is too slow or you kill mobs easily, switch difficulty up/down.

Mostly trying to figure out what the lowest difficulty i can set it to and while starting fresh and still hit level 60 by Diablo. My guess would be Master.

I just wanted to tell you I hate you all since I have to travel for work from tomorrow morning until wednesday evening. I hope you lot get Error 37 until then.

Just kidding. It sucks not being able to play for an entire evening. :)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm probably going to jump right into Crusadin' instead of finishing act 5 with a existing char, but that may change. I won't be playing until after work tomorrow so who knows what I'll actually feel like doing when the time comes. I barely played at all this past weekend just because I was burned out on doing the same runs with the same characters, so new character plus adventure mode should liven things up a bit.

plake

Mostly trying to figure out what the lowest difficulty i can set it to and while starting fresh and still hit level 60 by Diablo. My guess would be Master.

Ah, I see. I don't have numbers but I ran act 1-2 on master and act 3-4 on expert starting a new character. I was about lv 55-56 when beating Diablo. I did have 30 % bonus exp (via helmet gem) from lv 15 onwards.

Master should do it then but it would depend on your luck with gear. I'd say it's better to focus on TTK and switch up/down when needed.

stOex

I get home tomorrow at around 3:30pm. My SO will not be home until 8:00pm. I got 4 1/2 hrs of uninterrupted game time. Bring it on, RoS!

I plan to get my barb to 70 with some of my friends, then we're all going to power level each other's Crusaders (assuming Blizz doesn't nerf power leveling).

Would this game be okay playing through single player for the first playthrough? I did that with Torchlight 2 and enjoyed it a lot.

I've also heard this game can "lag" on single player. Has that been an issue for any of you guys?

I'm thinking of getting the base game and RoS but I can't decide. Maybe I should just get the main game and decide if I like it first lol.

Isn't it annoying they're launching it (EST anyway) on the same day they do maintenance? So unless you're up at midnight and start playing, by the time you get up in the morning servers will likely be down.

Would this game be okay playing through single player for the first playthrough? I did that with Torchlight 2 and enjoyed it a lot.

I've also heard this game can "lag" on single player. Has that been an issue for any of you guys?

I'm thinking of getting the base game and RoS but I can't decide. Maybe I should just get the main game and decide if I like it first lol.

SP and MP are the same thing in Diablo III. The only difference is, if you let people join your game or not. Because SP is still played online, it's at the whim of lag, but unless your connection cronks out, it's not really an issue.

You can play solo no problem. Yes the game can lag. Depending on connection etc. It's not that bad but when it does happen you are like

Fuuuuuuuuu

Thankfully it only happens a few times here and there for me.

Although it happens enough that a HC character is out of the question for me.

plake

Sure! To enjoy the story it might be wiser to play SP at first.

Haven't got any lag while playing SP.

Get D3 first then and see if you like it. Especially seeing as the bundle is actually 1 cent more expensive than buying both games separately... :D

Isn't it annoying they're launching it (EST anyway) on the same day they do maintenance? So unless you're up at midnight and start playing, by the time you get up in the morning servers will likely be down.

SP and MP are the same thing in Diablo III. The only difference is, if you let people join your game or not. Because SP is still played online, it's at the whim of lag, but unless your connection cronks out, it's not really an issue.

Today should be maintenance day lol.

JCizzle

I'm saving my crusader for ps4 to keep things fresh once that releases.

Over the next week or two I think I'll be going: Barb, monk, WD to 70 then gearing them over time equally to prevent burn out from playing the same class too much.

Thanks for the fast responses!

So, just to clarify, if my internet drops out and I'm in the middle of a big battle, am I essentially screwed? I have a fast connection, but I'm just curious.

I'll probably pick up the base game and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom