• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

But how does it work?
I once picked an item and it said I unlocked the Transmog... Does it mean I can apply the skin to other items later on, freely?

There's a small gold cost, but yes. You visit the Mystic, drop an item in to her window that you want to alter and you get a UI showing all the possible options. She has a whole bunch of white sets that you unlock by levelling her, as well as the legendary items you've picked up to choose from.

styl3s

Hopefully Comcast comes out early to do what they were supposed to last week.

I am ready to level a pali- i mean crusader.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got a 2hr legendary at lvl 70 :(.
Same.

Act 5 was really a bust, as I have only replaced half my gear. I had to bring it down to Expert in order to take out the final boss. I have a feeling that this is going to be an Inferno grind again... at least for me. :(

Meanwhile, I really can't believe the ending of the game. Why didn't I see that coming?

omfg, only been playing for an hour

ymqWZ7j.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So is it true that you need to kill Diablo to unlock Act V? Even if you killed him many times in the past?

DSmalls84

Only got to play about an hour before work this morning but i jumped from 60-63 pretty quickly. Thinking I'll get my Wd to 70 and then level the crusader. A couple points:

-Pirahnas are awesome
-finding marquise/imperial gems and useable rares like crazy is going to take some getting used to.

Seems like an awesome expansion so far.

Only had a chance to start Act I with a Crusader up to lvl 6 this morning before work, but I'm liking the class so far. I look forward to getting Cameltoealot up to lvl 70 as quickly as possible. I think I will go adventure mode with my existing toons and wait to do Act V with my Crusader once I beat Diablo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
err how do you change what spells go in each slot again? I cant seem to find how to do it o_O

what I mean is, for example I have secondary spells as an option atm for the first slot, but I want a voodoo spell instead.

joesmokey

How are you guys beating Torment+ in Act V? The gear check with
The Ram
is way too hard for my Wizard. Is there a strategy I'm missing for getting past that without dropping to Master?

Robin64

err how do you change what spells go in each slot again? I cant seem to find how to do it o_O

what I mean is, for example I have secondary spells as an option atm for the first slot, but I want a voodoo spell instead.

Options -> Gameplay -> Elective Mode

Amazon has a charge pending on my card, but it hasn't shipped yet. It just says "Shipping Now". I'm getting really close to cancelling Prime...
Prime really started to drop in quality about a year and a half ago for me, so I cancelled my membership up until last week. Looks like things haven't changed.

Arkanius

Guys, can I have a list of skills unique to Reaper of Souls?
I have a friend that wants to buy D3 base for now, and wants to know what he will be missing (Other than Act V, Nephalem Rifts and Adventure Mode)

Robin64

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I sure am glad I am at work for the next 8 hours and not playing Diablo 3

;__________;

CaLe

Are there any sites selling this at a rebate ? I'm trying to avoid paying full price for games, considering how quick they drop in price.

This being a Blizzard game, I doubt sites like GreenManGaming have this on rebate with a coupon.

So I've just done it. Beat the last boss of Act V. I was playing on Torment 2 at first and then Torment 1 a bit later as I just didn't find enough upgrades, especially as far as weapons were concerned. Although I did find a Tal Rasha's Helm which opted me to go for the 4 set bonus combined with 3 lvl 60 parts of the set, two of whose (can you use whose here?) I was using anyways already.

This dropped from Act V boss:
IIi8ZSx.png
as well as "Reaper's Wraps" recipe.

The amulet drop is rather nice. If I ever find other good pieces to go for a lightning build, which I would love, I already got a neat amulet with +20% light damage role. I would probably reroll the slot or ranged dmg reduction. But holy fuck... it requires a flawless imperial Ruby D:

Reknoc

the temptation to install this on my work computer is too strong. would probably run terribly but aaaaaaaaaa want to play during downtime :(((((((((((( (i already have D2 on here lol)

Are there any sites selling this at a rebate ? I'm trying to avoid paying full price for games, considering how quick they drop in price.

This being a Blizzard game, I doubt sites like GreenManGaming have this on rebate with a coupon.

I got mine from a site called cdkeys - seemed like the cheapest deal. CD Key resellers are your best bet. Not sure how cool it is to mention them though!

So I've just done it. Beat the last boss of Act V. I was playing on Torment 2 at first and then Torment 1 a bit later as I just didn't find enough upgrades, especially as far as weapons were concerned. Although I did find a Tal Rasha's Helm which opted me to go for the 4 set bonus combined with 3 lvl 60 parts of the set, two of whose (can you use whose here?) I was using anyways already.

This dropped from Act V boss:
IIi8ZSx.png
as well as "Reaper's Wraps" recipe.

The amulet drop is rather nice. If I ever find other good pieces to go for a lightning build, which I would love, I already got a neat amulet with +20% light damage role. I would probably reroll the slot or ranged dmg reduction. But holy fuck... it requires a flawless imperial Ruby D:

Sick roll honestly. And that mystic cost is not messing around :O

Amazon has a charge pending on my card, but it hasn't shipped yet. It just says "Shipping Now". I'm getting really close to cancelling Prime...
I'm in the same boat. What makes the matters worse, is that Amazon lists a delivery estimate of today by 8:00 PM. This is the second time Amazon has fubar'd a video game release date delivery for me in the past four days. I'm not getting Infamous until today and now it is looking like Diablo is going to be late, too.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There's something I don't understand about Crusaders that hopefully someone can clear up for me...

Skills like Shield Bash and Blessed Shield say on the tooltip that they add X% of your shield's block CHANCE as damage, not block VALUE. How can this even matter? If you have a 20% block chance, and Shield Bash adds 300% of your block chance that's just an extra 60 damage, which is totally meaningless after the early game. Does it actually use the block value and the tooltips are wrong, or is something else going on? Am I just bad at math?

Bradach

I'm working from home tomorrow. Does anyone know if EU maintenance is cancelled this week too?

Although I did find a Tal Rasha's Helm which opted me to go for the 4 set bonus combined with 3 lvl 60 parts of the set, two of whose (can you use whose here?) I was using anyways already.
In this case I'm pretty sure you would use 'two of which'.

garath

I was a little surprised I got into the game this morning with no issues at all. I only got to play 15 min or so before work but dinged 61 and already got an amulet upgrade lol.

DH's vengeance skill is pretty awesome.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
god I love the witch doctor now that pets dont die from 1 hit, aving so much fun. have died a few times on torment 1 to some nasty packs, and so have my pets, but nothing like stupid inferno was before.

Also, piranhas!

can someone explain what this paragon thing is? I dont know how to level it or what exactly it is

Ourobolus

Banned
No more damage from Arcane Turrets? They HEAL you now?

You're invincible.

Yeah, I have one of these on my DH. It's amazing when I need a heal, just stand on the point of origin of an arcane blast and keep getting healed. Move to a new one when necessary.

Strider

Well Gaf I did it. I called in "sick" to work. I actually hadn't planned to but I slept like shit last night and the hype is getting to me. Work would've gone by so slow today.

I actually feel kinda bad about it because I never miss work but I'm sure I'll forget those feelings once I start playing :)

Tiu Neo

Yeah, I have one of these on my DH. It's amazing when I need a heal, just stand on the point of origin of an arcane blast and keep getting healed. Move to a new one when necessary.

That looks awesome. I have to find one of those for my Barbarian. Arcane Turrets are pretty much the only thing that can hurt him fast enough to kill him, and dodging them is not a viable option sometimes.

robochimp

can someone explain what this paragon thing is? I dont know how to level it or what exactly it is

Once you hit max level 60/70 your experience goes towards an account wide paragon level which let's you apply bonus stats in 4 categories. You can make up for shortcomings in gear you really want to use with enough paragon levels

Atram

Well Gaf I did it. I called in "sick" to work. I actually hadn't planned to but I slept like shit last night and the hype is getting to me. Work would've gone by so slow today.

I actually feel kinda bad about it because I never miss work but I'm sure I'll forget those feelings once I start playing :)

Blizzard Games are bad for people...
with jobs

you are for sure not the only one :)
2 more hours to get home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom