• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saya

Finally found a Star of Azkaranth.

8H9QbFf.png

What should re-roll for a socket of fire damage?

ferr

Got a second pair of TnTs. Not chd/chc again! ugggh.

Also.. the DH ball lightning build is so cool. It is so awesome to fill up the screen with BL. I can't get to 4.15 without major sacrifices so I doubt I can do much with it atm.

Insaniac

It's not perfect obviously, but it could work for a stampede crusader if you roll the 62-133 damage to a socket.

I've tried and it's just not very good, even with Eternal Union. Strength T&T is much better suited towards a barb with IK.

Did you use the baleful remnant flail and Unrelenting phalanx shield? I found it to be completely T6 capable.

Celegus

Did you use the baleful remnant flail and Unrelenting phalanx shield? I found it to be completely T6 capable.

I was still using my Heart Slaughter, but Baleful would probably be better. It was fine for T6 but seemed pretty slow compared to other builds. Single target damage was good, but clearing a giant group of enemies was tedious.

StMeph

Baleful Remnant crushes T6, but it's useless at higher GRs. Celegus's "not very good" is in reference to end-game performance in GRs. There are a lot of builds that work for T6, even for DH and Monks. But that's not really end game anymore, and that's not what most build discussions assume the context is for.

For Phalanx, Stampede really is head and shoulders above the other options. Furnace is ideal, and Heart Slaughter is a not-that-close second. Baleful wrecks T6 and lower GRs, and any other Phalanx build (Bowmen + Eternal Union) will only be useful at T6 and lower GRs.

MrDaravon

Would someone mind power leveling my Witch Doctor? I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for your time if you do so. :D

Don't pay people here for that, come on lol

Are you on US Seasons? I'm going to be on and off today just doing T6 bounties on my main (DH) getting act 1 bounty bags to open on my Crusader, if you're on US and doing Seasons you can tag along no problem.

VoxPop

DH started getting boring so decided to switch it up to the lightning build.

Running with a Helltrapper (need a better one) and Meticulous bolts.

Preparation, Smoke Screen, Mark of Death, Ele Arrow (Ball Lightning), Sentry (Polar Station), Companion

So basically i run around doing mark, balls, prep?

ferr

DH started getting boring so decided to switch it up to the lightning build.

Running with a Helltrapper (need a better one) and Meticulous bolts.

Preparation, Smoke Screen, Mark of Death, Ele Arrow (Ball Lightning), Sentry (Polar Station), Companion

So basically i run around doing mark, balls, prep?

Been trying it out as well. I forgot about trying this part, but part of the build is making use of Night Stalker to build up huge amount of discipline quickly so you can constantly use Smoke Screen. With that many hits/crits, it is supposed to keep you 100% invisible. You also need about 35% CDR to get over SS's cooldown.

Shifty76

Farmed up a bunch of GR35+ keys on my DH, and since my DH is incapable of clearing that high just yet I figured I'd try to crack 36 on my monk.

First floor was Pandemonium Fortress so I was about to quit, but wait: Skelly Summoners and Zombie spawners - yes!

Filled 2/3 of the bar on floor 1 and got to the RG (the lightning guy) on floor 2. Ended up taking him down with a minute and change left - so stoked. Would have failed prior to the lightning enchant nerf, as that guy was insta-gib for melee.

Still can't make up my mind on the 3rd gem for SWK. Used Pain Enhancer that run, but I think I still prefer Taeguk. Wish they'd just hurry up and fix BotT then it wouldn't be in doubt.

Duress

I finally got a Peshkov for my monk, and built some gear; with cool down reduction. It's just a bunch of button mashing to me.I don't even have any resemblance to a rotation.

Addnan

The purple things can finally stop killing me ffs. Will need to roll for higher crit damage.
NMd3RLV.png

My hellfire did add unity so I am missing out on that perk. What do.

TSM

The purple things can finally stop killing me ffs. Will need to roll for higher crit damage.
NMd3RLV.png

My hellfire did add unity so I am missing out on that perk. What do.

All jewelry:

1) does it have a socket?

2a) no, roll a socket
2b) yes, enjoy the luxury of rolling one of the other stats

There is no stat on any jewelry that is better then a leg gem

Addnan

All jewelry:

1) does it have a socket?

2a) no, roll a socket
2b) yes, enjoy the luxury of rolling one of the other stats

There is no stat on any jewelry that is better then a leg gem

You guys tell me this now!

What should I be aiming to have in there? In my rings I have Simplicity's strength and Mirinae. They might not even be the ones I should be using in the rings. This is in a spam spirit monk.

Begaria

Got my fifth Vault today. I kill every gobby I see while running Act 1 T6 bounties and this one actually startled me. I was clicking furiously and then suddenly I'm seeing a loading screen.

"What the he-OH VAULT!"

Rollin' in gold now (just over half a billion). Shame I've enchanted my gear as high as I really want it to go for now. Time to find some near gear and get those enchantments going.

Shifty76

You guys tell me this now!

What should I be aiming to have in there? In my rings I have Simplicity's strength and Mirinae. They might not even be the ones I should be using in the rings. This is in a spam spirit monk.

As a monk you'll want Mirinae and Gogok for sure in your rings. Usefulness of 3rd gem vs cc or cd on amulet is debatable

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
As a monk you'll want Mirinae and Gogok for sure in your rings. Usefulness of 3rd gem vs cc or cd on amulet is debatable

Makes sense. I had been struggling to pick a third and had been going with bleed+speed, but I find I'm usually not surrounded for long. Hmm.

My season monk's SWK build is coming together. I'm playing around with some support variations. Tonight I'm going to try the 7 second freeze rune on SSS with a 58% flow of eternity I found.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/54018042

Edit: lol, nope. The seven-sided strike has quite an opportunity cost in lost attacks.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Would someone mind power leveling my Witch Doctor? I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for your time if you do so. :D

I will do for free.

I will be online in about 30 minutes / 1 hour.

Feel free to add me
Gromph#1483

Chocobro

zdps monk not really working to well in public games. It really shows how geared people are.

Are you using zDPS monk in high tiered grifts or just regular rifts?
Because (public) T6 rifts are a joke right now and there's no need for someone to tank damage. Just having one or two M6 DH is more than enough to carry a full group through T6 rifts.

Ayumi

Decided to change things around and have been farming for basic boring achievements I should have done 2 years ago. It's a bit dreadful but nice when you hear that sound upon completion. :3

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Had a good season GR session with ZenaxPure and JoeSmokey. My monk was still a few points short for 100% Serenity, so I was getting clobbered during the gaps. Finished that up and now I sit at 81% when Gogok is active.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/54018042

Next milestone for me will be getting a Sunwuko amulet - that'll let me keep the 4 piece bonus with full CDR and have some reasonable damage from the clones. I think the clone taunts actually work occasionally too, so there's a bit more crowd control there too. I have one waiting for me in nonseason if I don't get one by the time the season ends.

The Firebird set requires quite a different playstyle! We were dragging elites along with us to gather and fight as groups. Good strategy, but a bit tough to coordinate.

I need to rewrite my macro so it's just a toggle instead of a button I hold. Quite a few of my deaths were probably due to having released the button briefly to use cyclone strike.

Duress

Are you using zDPS monk in high tiered grifts or just regular rifts?
Because (public) T6 rifts are a joke right now and there's no need for someone to tank damage. Just having one or two M6 DH is more than enough to carry a full group through T6 rifts.

Just normal rifts. Most groups I played with had a demon hunter or crusader.

I see several gotten furnace recently, meanwhile I'm getting trolled by Crushbanes up the ass, think 4 dropped today.

Really want to see the difference from a 2300+ 28% elite sunkeeper with 400+ dmg 20% fire/10% crit source.

ZenaxPure

I think the clone taunts actually work occasionally too, so there's a bit more crowd control there too.

I've been playing swk for about 30 hours now and to me it seems like they do taunt white mobs, but, it's so brief (because they explode) that it doesn't do more than just cause them to pause their actions for maybe half a second (if that). And for some reason they seem to have no effect on elites which is weird because barb/crusader/demon hunter taunts all work on elites and are quite effective.

joesmokey

Really want to see the difference from a 2300+ 28% elite sunkeeper with 400+ dmg 20% fire/10% crit source.
For a firebird wizard, the difference is huge. Your dot ticks for much higher, meaning rift guardians are faster to kill. Taking longer on trash is a bit subjective, but generally you concentrate them with elite packs anyway, so that isn't much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom