• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm seeing all these Wizard builds that focus on fire (firesbirds set, blazar/apoc runes, etc), but I'm not seeing how they get the benefit from their bane of the trapped gems. Am I not seeing a control-impairing effect somewhere?

av2k

So I'm seeing all these Wizard builds that focus on fire (firesbirds set, blazar/apoc runes, etc), but I'm not seeing how they get the benefit from their bane of the trapped gems. Am I not seeing a control-impairing effect somewhere?

Majority of it is from Slow Time. However, black hole also causes the effect for a few seconds.

Celegus

As long as you're close enough, the secondary effect of the gem itself does it. I also run slow time on my build, which does it.

joesmokey

CC is based on follower for solo play. Thunderfury, Ess of Johan, Wyrdward, etc. Bane of the Trapped is more useful in GR as it takes much longer than a minute to kill the rift guardian, so Bane of the Powerful is mostly useless there.

Majority of it is from Slow Time. However, black hole also causes the effect for a few seconds.

As long as you're close enough, the secondary effect of the gem itself does it. I also run slow time on my build, which does it.

CC is based on follower for solo play. Thunderfury, Ess of Johan, Wyrdward, etc. Bane of the Trapped is more useful in GR as it takes much longer than a minute to kill the rift guardian, so Bane of the Powerful is mostly useless there.

Thanks. Slowly but surely trying to understand the late progression of this game :)

Got a Sun Keeper and some Strong Arm bracers last night. Making progress!

barit

There are now some sound bugs with 2.1. My character doesn´t speak anymore to himself. No "I´m so strong, I kill everything" when doing kill streaks or level up´s or teleporting back home. Hope Blizzard is fixing this with the next patch.

I just picked up the new xpac and wondering if I could get in the EU clan?
Johnlenham#2341

I tried to look for social games online but got nothing. Thought that was abit odd. Also no idea what to do with my Hunter (58).

Logged in and had 350k, levelled up the craft guys as Im sure I had done that prio to the xpac and ran about like a headless chicken for awhile.

Ayumi

It's great that I can now tank through T6 but my fucking fingers using up spirit is hurting. What a stupid fucking build.

I really hate any character builds that causes carpel tunnel as a side effect. :|

lol, the concept of Woh Wiz is great in T6 but holy christ am I glad I changed. I barely need to use any buttons with Furnace/Fire bird, and I'm mostly just kiting around now while waiting for Black Hole to reset. My hand was getting messed up from all the old CDR/Woh so I'm happy and I'm never gonna use it again.

I feel so bad for classes that only have one viable build which require your arm to fall off in order to play properly. At least Wizards can rely on a few different weapons now. I fully support third party software for these kind of things, and hope that no one gets banned by using keyboard help.

Shifty76

I was going to type up a post complaining about never getting m6 helm which would allow me to use T+T. Sure enough, Kadala finally gave it up last night.

2.84 bp is bonkers, can't even imagine 4.15.

Now if she'd just give up the rucksack...

Wow...20% Rucksack and then a really nice Etrayu (~2700 dps with 7% dmg rolled on and 19% cold dmg) within 30 mins of eachother tonight

ZenaxPure

Wow...20% Rucksack and then a really nice Etrayu (~2700 dps with 7% dmg rolled on and 19% cold dmg) within 30 mins of eachother tonight

I killed a rift guardian in a GR a couple of nights ago that dropped an Etrayu and a TnT with CHD on them. Not to mention like 4 other items including the new rapid fire crossbow. Was pretty stupid yet amazing at the same time.

Ayumi

Suddenly got a 3007 error when trying to start D3. It didn't wanna connect me to the game. I thought something was wrong with the servers due to some BlizzardCS tweets earlier.. but I think I know my issue?

After getting a new phone, I forgot to remove the authenticator app from my old phone. I'm signed into the Battle client but I'm not signed into the website, so I can't get into my account to remove it. I sent them a ticket explaining my situation so let's hope it takes less than 5 months to get a reply... please pray for me and my account. :<

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Bleh, good luck with the errors. Try logging on to a different region, then back to your normal one. (Random thing that worked for other problems)

---

My season DH is coming along nicely now. The ball lightning build is interesting. Here's my version:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/51771344

I'm running the 10% crit chance caltrops and Marked for Death: Mortal Enemy instead of the usual setup with punishment and contagion. It lets me sustain smoke screen better with fewer targets and the ball lightning spam is self-sustaining, which is great for crowd control procs (hence the Blind Faith while I'm waiting on T&T).

I might run Wyrdward for groups once I roll a socket in mine.

With smoke screen immunity and getting in their face, the playstyle feels a bit like monk with some CM Wizard windup in there. Should be pretty good for DPS and group support once I'm finished up.

If I could get away without Meticulous Bolts, I'd use Chanon Bolter as my offhand. Seems like such a great utility combo to have the enemies gathered by taunts from the spawned traps. Edit: never mind, lol, it's a 2H xbow.

Ayumi

Bleh, good luck with the errors. Try logging on to a different region, then back to your normal one. (Random thing that worked for other problems)

It seems like it wasn't my authenticator (although I did get that fixed just now). I did a lot of network troubleshooting, but nothing seems to work.

When I try to connect, it's stuck at "Connecting to Battle.net servers...". The Battle.net is connected (I can see my friends online) but it stopped showing who is playing games. I also see that stupid blue error animal on the front.

The region check doesn't work though.. I don't know. The internet posts I found on error 3007 mostly say that it's the ISP. I wonder which ISP Gromph has? (I'm on Yahoo). Even the Asian servers don't work for me. I seriously hope this will fix itself or else I will go CRAZY. lol

Krassus

Don't worry, most people are just trolling at this point.

Luxury#1795 - No troll here with my furnace, my sader and DH have been blessed by something. It took me forever to get Taskers on standard and have them already on DH and im paragon 600 something on standard and had never seen a furnace till now =)

ZenaxPure

If I could get away without Meticulous Bolts, I'd use Chanon Bolter as my offhand. Seems like such a great utility combo to have the enemies gathered by taunts from the spawned traps.

Chanon Bolter is a 2h weapon.

I'm working on the build as well, the demon hunter I run with uses it as well and it's very cool. I also just find it a lot more mechanically satisfying than the normal M6 build which I had actually grown kind of bored of to be honest. It was novel at first but I got tired of it after a while because you are basically just stacking spenders and then throwing out sentries and running around. I much prefer how the lightning ball version actually works and plays.

w4ttsup

Posting for good Furnace karma! Not one in 436 paragons.

Ayumi,

Please send me a clan invite when you get a chance!
w4ttsup#1736

Thx!

Wickwire

This is my Fire Wiz biz I use firebirds with Serpents . My crowd control comes from black hole with Jangs envelopment belt, the maxed BoT gem, my enchantress, the procs of Ess Johan. It works pretty well for me. I can walk through t6 and do high enough grifts to make me happy.

I'm sure I could probably do higher grifts with my gear, but I love this build. Its fun, fast and mobile. With a good rift density I can keep up around a 20- 25% damage increase from spectral blade for a while. stacking that with Twister w gale force just melts everything

Bombless

Hope you clear the issue Ayumi, not being able to play for no fault of my own is frustrating as hell.

I hope Blizzard will hurry the hell up and buff build diversity because I don't want to just run around with sentries all the time :(

ZenaxPure

I hope Blizzard will hurry the hell up and buff build diversity because I don't want to just run around with sentries all the time :(

I am incredibly excited to see how they plan to make other demon hunter builds competitive with M6 in the future. I feel like the easiest way to do it for mass game balance is to nerf sentries slightly so they are in line with other builds (since sentries are so clearly ahead of everything right now), but fuck this is blizzard, for all I know they could throw caution to the wind and add items that make every class and new builds as powerful as M6.

Either way I am pretty sure there is going to be a lot of salt and I look forward to reading the hate and tears.

StMeph

TurboHUD is so last week. DH boosting is the new hotness.

Apparently the top Barbarian got his ranking by:

1. grouping with 3 DH and starting a GR
2. all the DH leave
3. clear the rift solo, since Raekor speeds are insane, spawn guardian
4. DH come back, get guardian near death
5. all DH leave game again
6. Barb kills guardian
7. ???
8. Profit by getting a GR 47 solo credit

Dahbomb

2. all the DH leave
6. Barb kills guardian
7. ???

LMAO!

What a fucking joke!

ZenaxPure

2. all the DH leave
6. Barb kills guardian
7. ???

Yeah the top end greater rift scene is a nightmare. I like a lot about greater rifts (adding a timer, making death meaningful, and a constant difficulty increase) but I have just been sticking to the mid 30 range on my characters because around there it still feels like a fucking video game and not a nightmare that takes everything fun about the game and throws it away.

This is my Fire Wiz biz I use firebirds with Serpents . My crowd control comes from black hole with Jangs envelopment belt, the maxed BoT gem, my enchantress, the procs of Ess Johan. It works pretty well for me. I can walk through t6 and do high enough grifts to make me happy.

I'm sure I could probably do higher grifts with my gear, but I love this build. Its fun, fast and mobile. With a good rift density I can keep up around a 20- 25% damage increase from spectral blade for a while. stacking that with Twister w gale force just melts everything

You know... I'm really glad I didn't break that belt down. I got the second highest roll on the slow effect. I'll definitely hang on to it now.

PS - I like the FF6 themed character names :)

J. Bravo

2. all the DH leave
6. Barb kills guardian
7. ???

gotta do what you gotta do i guess. although i wish there were ways to get that high without stupid gimmicks. and having more than 1 build in the highest tier that are all pretty much equally effective would be nice too.

StMeph

gotta do what you gotta do i guess. although i wish there were ways to get that high without stupid gimmicks. and having more than 1 build in the highest tier that are all pretty much equally effective would be nice too.

To be fair, there is no limit to how high GRs go, so there's always going to be some kind of exploitative or near-exploitative behavior to push the envelope. Even if some normal/non-exploitative builds were able to get as high as exploiters are now, there would be new exploits to push into even higher GRs. I don't think that is even unhealthy for the game's evolving meta and understanding of its underpinnings, though it obviously taints leaderboards.

Celegus

Seems to be a popular choice! My DH is Locke and I know I've seen a Celes around somewhere. Though most of my names come from books, since it's fun to match the diablo characters to what I've always imagined the characters to look like.

Ayumi

Can someone invite me to EU clan if there is still space Addnan#2643
Not sure if there is one, and if it's public. Try to search for it. If not, then you'll have to post again and try to figure out who here plays on EU then ask them. Maybe someone knows so you can PM them?

@Ayumi is there room in the NA clan?

Actually, not anymore. The last spot was sent to another user.. once he accepts, we're officially full. Sorry! You can check again in a while (maybe a few weeks) in case someone has left.

taybul

Rankings are a joke. Greater rifts are a joke. Blizzard either needs to go back to the drawing board and come up with the next failure or just give us higher torments and new legendaries.

ZenaxPure

To be fair, there is no limit to how high GRs go, so there's always going to be some kind of exploitative or near-exploitative behavior to push the envelope. Even if some normal/non-exploitative builds were able to get as high as exploiters are now, there would be new exploits to push into even higher GRs. I don't think that is even unhealthy for the game's evolving meta and understanding of its underpinnings, though it obviously taints leaderboards.

Yeah I feel like the harsh reality is no matter how many new builds come into the game the most competitive people are always going to be pushing the content with the same exact build, whatever is considered best at the time. Like you I think that is fine, the real problem is that people who have no real chances of every reaching those points still latch onto those builds and try to use them instead of toying around with other capable builds. I'm not really sure how you counter that mindset honestly.

Wickwire

You know... I'm really glad I didn't break that belt down. I got the second highest roll on the slow effect. I'll definitely hang on to it now.

Seems to be a popular choice! My DH is Locke and I know I've seen a Celes around somewhere. Though most of my names come from books, since it's fun to match the diablo characters to what I've always imagined the characters to look like.

lol Ive noticed this as well. Ive seen a few celes, terra, and kelfa. My two dogs are also named Terra and Edgar

MrDaravon

My Crusader.

I used to run around in a green tunic with a blue-colored Cain's helm and white everything else. Exarian for Atma/Ultima Weapon. Azurewrath was kind of chunky.

Haha I also have a Crusader named Celes. Have another one named Agrias, and a WD named Gau. Normally would have gone with Terra for my Wizard's name, but did Belgara instead.

Krassus

LF Ubers have 14 keys, don't need carry just others with keys since they are most likely going to roll crap and will need to do multiple.

Bombless

The EU clan exists but we're only about a dozen still playing and none have officer rights. I'll shoot a pm to Yoshi when I get to work to see if he can make me officer.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So the Blizzcon schedule has been released, and Diablo has a "What's Next" panel, which is usually where Xpacs are revealed.

bueno

Raticus79

Yup, my money's on druid... int-based melee-ish shapeshifter to round things out. They do have a bit of a tricky situation there with avoiding overlap with the WD, but having living pets instead of zombie pets should give some wiggle room.

Hah, nice! My cats are Kupo and Shoopuf. Riiiide ze shoopuf?!

Shoopuf's waiting!

Shoopuf would work pretty well as a name for the male WD.

Shifty76

Looking for a good Monk build ...any suggestion? Haven't found one to my like

Well Sunwuko is by far our strongest dps build.
Zdps allows us to do higher level greater rifts than Sunwuko, but is only viable in groups.

Tough to know what to recommend without knowing which you prefer, or if progression is something you care about or if you're just happy to fart around on T6 doing rifts, in which case pretty much anything can be made to work.

Raticus79

Looking for a good Monk build ...any suggestion? Haven't found one to my like

Well Sunwuko is by far our strongest dps build.
Zdps allows us to do higher level greater rifts than Sunwuko, but is only viable in groups.

Tough to know what to recommend without knowing which you prefer, or if progression is something you care about or if you're just happy to fart around on T6 doing rifts, in which case pretty much anything can be made to work.

I just saw this post about how things work in a GR45 group with monk, WD and two DH - seems promising.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/comments/2imu8h/as_requested_zdps_group_play_video_gr45_clear/

Bombless

So the Blizzcon schedule has been released, and Diablo has a "What's Next" panel, which is usually where Xpacs are revealed.

bueno

Considering how RoS ended I think no one should be surprised by this. Hopefully a return of a spear character! (I miss my spearazon :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom