• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Yup, my money's on druid... int-based melee-ish shapeshifter to round things out. They do have a bit of a tricky situation there with avoiding overlap with the WD, but having living pets instead of zombie pets should give some wiggle room.

I've always been bummed out the game doesn't have a rogue/assassin like character since that is what I usually like to play as in action RPGs. It seems like the demon hunter is supposed to fill that roll somewhat, but, I don't really think he does considering he pretty much a ranged only class.

ZenaxPure

How about a hybrid....an Amazonassin?

I wouldn't be surprised if we got something like that to be honest. It probably won't outright be an Amazon considering that term is primarily associated with female warriors so they would probably come up with some sort of gender neutral class name.

No way are they going to announce a new expansion this year.

Yeah, I imagine it will be their plans for 2.2 honestly. We're already pretty deep into 2.1 and by the time Blizzcon rolls around it would be around the time they would reveal the next patch anyway.

Pretty sure someone figured out it's Necromancer.

Necromancer was my runner up, unsure what they could bring to the table besides curses. WD is too similar.

I'd like to see a d2 vet show up though, similar to how the barbarian was originally wrote. Just throw in amnesia or something until the story catches up to the expansion.

edit: I'm still leaning toward expansion mostly because I'm an optimist, and it's their first scheduled show of the games, I think that holds significance. Usually they open up with the newest thing right? Whenever a wow expansion is announced, it seems like its the first thing shown. We might not get the expansion for another year but they could show off an early build. D3 was demoed way before it was released. The next significant thing to show would be Legacy of the Void, but people know that is coming already.

MrDaravon

Okay, got my Seasons Crusader to 70, what on earth are Crusaders doing now and what should I be gambling for first? I crafted aughild + crimson set and that's about all I've got. I'm set up with Firestarter since in the very brief time I spent with Crusader a while back at 70 that's what I was using, but seeing some people mention that's not really run anymore because something got stealth nerfed with the proc rates in 2.1.1 on it? So I guess what fresh 70 skills + leg gems should I be using?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
It seems like it wasn't my authenticator (although I did get that fixed just now). I did a lot of network troubleshooting, but nothing seems to work.

When I try to connect, it's stuck at "Connecting to Battle.net servers...". The Battle.net is connected (I can see my friends online) but it stopped showing who is playing games. I also see that stupid blue error animal on the front.

The region check doesn't work though.. I don't know. The internet posts I found on error 3007 mostly say that it's the ISP. I wonder which ISP Gromph has? (I'm on Yahoo). Even the Asian servers don't work for me. I seriously hope this will fix itself or else I will go CRAZY. lol

Yahoo BB, what happens to me lately is at 21:45+- i start with big lag spikes making the game unplayable for me.

Okay, got my Seasons Crusader to 70, what on earth are Crusaders doing now and what should I be gambling for first? I crafted aughild + crimson set and that's about all I've got. I'm set up with Firestarter since in the very brief time I spent with Crusader a while back at 70 that's what I was using, but seeing some people mention that's not really run anymore because something got stealth nerfed with the proc rates in 2.1.1 on it? So I guess what fresh 70 skills + leg gems should I be using?

Season char? Great..then you'll have access to the sader Condemn shield. Use it with Blade of Prophecy + Akkhan set...and you'll have a Condemn build.

But it's all RNG....your build really depends on what items you have. However, at least most of the sader builds do not require those REALLY rare item drops.

nvm, think reddit beat the optimism out of me. Blizzard's turn out for expansions seems to be atleast 20 months + d3's alotted time is only an hour. Still would be nice if they shared concept art and class ideas for the next expansion.

In other news I'm boarding the hype train for wc4.

ZenaxPure

I don't know all the sweet low gear level builds you can get away with, but, personally I just went with the Stampede build on my season crusader. Even without the shield it is still close to 1500% weapon damage and if you use a 2 hander with stacked CDR gear (before getting Akkhan) you can still drop a generator if you don't mind the occasional downtime waiting a few seconds on provoke or something. I gambled the shield first which gives an obvious huge power boost and then just went for Akkhan.

MrDaravon

I don't know all the sweet low gear level builds you can get away with, but, personally I just went with the Stampede build on my season crusader. Even without the shield it is still close to 1500% weapon damage and if you use a 2 hander with stacked CDR gear (before getting Akkhan) you can still drop a generator if you don't mind the occasional downtime waiting a few seconds on provoke or something. I gambled the shield first which gives an obvious huge power boost and then just went for Akkhan.

Is it this build? I don't know if that's a new one, but I'd never even heard of that when I left a month ago. Right now this is all I have to work with on my Seasons Crusader, currently trying to get a RRoG. Guess I'll gamble for shields first and see what I get along the way.

ZenaxPure

Is it this build? I don't know if that's a new one, but I'd never even heard of that when I left a month ago. Right now this is all I have to work with on my Seasons Crusader, currently trying to get a RRoG. Guess I'll gamble for shields first and see what I get along the way.

Yeah that's the one. The damage is still pretty good without the shield so I just used it when I was gearing up. To be fair I did have a Furnace when I was just starting out because I accidentally clicked a barrel and found one, so, I don't know how good the damage would be with just a generic weapon.

Bombless

This is what I currently use, with Eternal Union being an exception : I was trying the bowmen out and forgot to take it off :p My rings are crap though.

Ayumi

Yahoo BB, what happens to me lately is at 21:45+- i start with big lag spikes making the game unplayable for me.
I'm on the same ISP (1gig net plan). The game's latency is sometimes terrible, but not as bad as it used to be. I get orange lag a lot though. Gonna keep my eyes open for that timestamp..

KarmaCow

I finally got enough for an Inna 4 set but I'm having a tough time deciding if it's worth equipping it all. I'm confused about a few things.

1) I'm running a lightning build so does the Wreath of Lightning gem benefit from +Lightning Damage and if so, how (multiplicative or additive)?

2) Does the Lightning Epiphany rune change your damage to lighting? I don't quite understand if it actually does any lightning damage.

3) Are the Inna 4 set mantras just the base mantras, or are they worse somehow?

4) Is there any point to multiple monks using Unity in a group?

My biggest issue is my Depth Diggers (100% increased damage on primary skill) because they seem ludicrously superior to any pants my monk could ever use. I got that along with a 2H that boosts my Deadly Reach damage by 40%, so I've had basically the same build for along time now. I want to mix it up but nothing seems to come close. Single handed weapons don't match up to a 2H weapon, much less the 40% damage boost to Deadly Reach. Outside of Pillar of the Ancients for spirit dumps, my primary is my go to for damage I can control by a long shot. Outside of getting the ring which reduces set requirements, are there any alternatives?

Gromph

Staff Member
I'm on the same ISP (1gig net plan). The game's latency is sometimes terrible, but not as bad as it used to be. I get orange lag a lot though. Gonna keep my eyes open for that timestamp..

Lucky you! i'm on 100 Mb.. i'm usually green all the time until that time hit, then i stop playing.

Ayumi

Lucky you! i'm on 100 Mb.. i'm usually green all the time until that time hit, then i stop playing.

It only cost about ¥2200 a month or so! But to be honest, the speed is quite bad for what I pay for.. It's sometimes very good but most of the time it doesn't live up to its number, at all. Sometimes I notice my latency is orange but I feel no changes in the gameplay.

Gromph

Staff Member
It only cost about ¥2200 a month or so! But to be honest, the speed is quite bad for what I pay for.. It's sometimes very good but most of the time it doesn't live up to its number, at all. Sometimes I notice my latency is orange but I feel no changes in the gameplay.

Oh, are you sharing the internet connection with all the building?

Max at my home is 100 only.

Ayumi

Oh, are you sharing the internet connection with all the building?

Max at my home is 100 only.

No, it's my own but I'm guessing more people use the same service. I don't really know. But I don't share it.

I seem to still have annoying D3 connection issues.
Always stuck at "Connecting to Battle.Net servers...."

Most of the times I can't get on. :(

Gromph

Staff Member
No, it's my own but I'm guessing more people use the same service. I don't really know. But I don't share it.

I seem to still have annoying D3 connection issues.
Always stuck at "Connecting to Battle.Net servers...."

Most of the times I can't get on. :(

As a test, set google DNS.

junglist

how the hell do people play on torment 6? I am barely getting by torment 1 with my level 70 WD... my equipment/weapon suckssss..

Anyone playing hardcore seasonal? I just started a barb a couple days ago, level 21 right now. My plan is to get IK set and just go super tanky with a 1H+Shield. With decent gear I could see myself safely running T2/T3.

ZenaxPure

Is this actually looking likely? That would be incredible. I don't want another D3 expansion yet, so I'm hoping that part is just about the next patch.

I'm gonna say no, but, who knows with blizzard.

Personally at this point I wish they would do a brand new IP. It's been a long ass time since they made something not tied to one of their big franchises. With Titan finally dead (thank jebus) maybe we can get some cool new shit.

Shifty76

I finally got enough for an Inna 4 set but I'm having a tough time deciding if it's worth equipping it all. I'm confused about a few things.

1) I'm running a lightning build so does the Wreath of Lightning gem benefit from +Lightning Damage and if so, how (multiplicative or additive)?

2) Does the Lightning Epiphany rune change your damage to lighting? I don't quite understand if it actually does any lightning damage.

3) Are the Inna 4 set mantras just the base mantras, or are they worse somehow?

4) Is there any point to multiple monks using Unity in a group?

My biggest issue is my Depth Diggers (100% increased damage on primary skill) because they seem ludicrously superior to any pants my monk could ever use. I got that along with a 2H that boosts my Deadly Reach damage by 40%, so I've had basically the same build for along time now. I want to mix it up but nothing seems to come close. Single handed weapons don't match up to a 2H weapon, much less the 40% damage boost to Deadly Reach. Outside of Pillar of the Ancients for spirit dumps, my primary is my go to for damage I can control by a long shot. Outside of getting the ring which reduces set requirements, are there any alternatives?
1. Yes. Additive or multiplicative has nothing to do with how that dmg is calculated.
2. It doesn't do dmg
3. Base
4. If you don't have soj and rorg no reason why not.

Those pants honestly aren't as good as they sound. Maybe if our generators actually did meaningful dmg they might be.

Sunwuko is by far our highest dps option, doing up to 450m dmg/sec so keep an eye out for those pieces plus flying dragon daibo

Celegus

I'm gonna say no, but, who knows with blizzard.

Personally at this point I wish they would do a brand new IP. It's been a long ass time since they made something not tied to one of their big franchises. With Titan finally dead (thank jebus) maybe we can get some cool new shit.

That would be fantastic too. But it sure has been a long time since we've had a proper Warcraft game, and I've always liked those a lot better than Starcraft. I'm glad they gave up on the MMO idea, since I have no interest in ever playing one of those.

Is this actually looking likely? That would be incredible. I don't want another D3 expansion yet, so I'm hoping that part is just about the next patch.

Probably less likely than the d3 expansion. There is a 2 hour block missing between the opening ceremony and the warcraft movie presentation, unsure if that is normal or not.

av2k

That would be fantastic too. But it sure has been a long time since we've had a proper Warcraft game, and I've always liked those a lot better than Starcraft. I'm glad they gave up on the MMO idea, since I have no interest in ever playing one of those.

I'm a huge WoW fan but with that said, I rather have another proper Warcraft game as well. There's no room for any other MMO in my opinion.

StMeph

I don't know what the likelihood of seeing WarCraft 4 anytime soon is. WC4 would be mechanically similar to StarCraft, while also changing the course of the metaplot of WoW without it being available in that game, either.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't see why Blizzard would produce WC4 while WoW exists, especially with SC2 still expecting one more expansion. WC4 would have to come after SC2 and WoW to fill a void.

av2k

I don't know what the likelihood of seeing WarCraft 4 anytime soon is. WC4 would be mechanically similar to StarCraft, while also changing the course of the metaplot of WoW without it being available in that game, either.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't see why Blizzard would produce WC4 while WoW exists, especially with SC2 still expecting one more expansion. WC4 would have to come after SC2 and WoW to fill a void.

Yeah, I think they have each title designated to a gameplay style..

WoW = Classic MMO
Star Craft = Hardcore PVP
Diablo III = Cooperative
Heroes of the Storm = Moba
Hearth Stone = Casual PVP

which is perfectly fine with me, I really like what they're doing personally.

ferr

Probably less likely than the d3 expansion. There is a 2 hour block missing between the opening ceremony and the warcraft movie presentation, unsure if that is normal or not.

I just assumed it'd be about 2.2 and not an expansion. I would think we'd see at least a 2.7 before getting 3.0.

Between sc2 and wc3, I'm kind of odd and prefer wc3. I liked the in battle micro, not a huge fan of macro/absurdely large armires. Heroes are a really cool concept, part of the reason I enjoy DoW2 over SC2. I'd be fine with wc3 getting true 1080p and bindable hotkeys/redone texture. I do think there's enough difference between wc and sc to warrant a sequel.

And yeah, we'll probably get 2.2 info at the least at blizzcon.

taybul

how the hell do people play on torment 6? I am barely getting by torment 1 with my level 70 WD... my equipment/weapon suckssss..

I just hit 70 on my WD last night myself. I crafted most of my gear just after hitting 70 and was able to do T2 easily. Here's my toon:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Taybul-1433/hero/47317531

Also don't forget that you can enchant main stat off another toon's gear (which is why I have a DH hellfire amulet).

Celegus

Between sc2 and wc3, I'm kind of odd and prefer wc3. I liked the in battle micro, not a huge fan of macro/absurdely large armires. Heroes are a really cool concept, part of the reason I enjoy DoW2 over SC2. I'd be fine with wc3 getting true 1080p and bindable hotkeys/redone texture. I do think there's enough difference between wc and sc to warrant a sequel.

And yeah, we'll probably get 2.2 info at the least at blizzcon.

I'm the same way. Micromanaging a small number of units is so much more satisfying to me than giant clumps of units. Dawn of War 2 pulled it off perfectly, and even got rid of tedious basebuilding. Warcraft was always a nice in-between. But I'm still hoping Dawn of War 3 is actually going to happen.

KarmaCow

1. Yes. Additive or multiplicative has nothing to do with how that dmg is calculated.
2. It doesn't do dmg
3. Base
4. If you don't have soj and rorg no reason why not.

Those pants honestly aren't as good as they sound. Maybe if our generators actually did meaningful dmg they might be.

Sunwuko is by far our highest dps option, doing up to 450m dmg/sec so keep an eye out for those pieces plus flying dragon daibo

Hmm thanks. Guess I'll be burning shards on shoulders and gloves then.

About 4, I guess there is a ring called Unity, but I misread the description for Unity and thought it also affected party members.

Shifty76

Hmm thanks. Guess I'll be burning shards on shoulders and gloves then.

About 4, I guess there is a ring called Unity, but I misread the description for Unity and thought it also affected party members.

Oh, the skill?

You get 5% per party member buffed with a mantra, and each party member gets a 5% buff (so pretty tiny for them)

Capped at 20% for you, as monks were partying up with WD's with tons of fetishes and getting some pretty silly dmg numbers

Chocobro

I certainly got lucky today. Got a T4 and T5 A1 cache and they both gave me a RoRG with a socket.
3dc3e074912c8653d738336553f5cc23.png
a360bcd6b66cf319f17e459e548df6dd.png

Getting kind of bored with D3. Still trying to gear every class to do T6 comfortably though.

Deadly

Did a few rifts today on T3 and I only got 1 leg. Kadala netted me 1 junk leg. Game is sad, I'll never get SWK let alone FD :(

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Oh, the skill?

You get 5% per party member buffed with a mantra, and each party member gets a 5% buff (so pretty tiny for them)

Capped at 20% for you, as monks were partying up with WD's with tons of fetishes and getting some pretty silly dmg numbers

One little detail about Unity I found frustrating - 4 monks can't use it at once. MoC doesn't work, and if two monks use the same mantra (even with different runes), it only works for one of them. Reported that as a bug a long time ago, maybe they'll fix it someday.

If that worked, it would be 35% all around, but instead it's 30% for 3 and the last is stuck with 15.

---

I hope the season wraps up soon. Being divided is a pain.

---

I certainly got lucky today. Got a T4 and T5 A1 cache and they both gave me a RoRG with a socket.

Getting kind of bored with D3. Still trying to gear every class to do T6 comfortably though.

Nice, congrats. I'm flip-flopping between classes and builds quite a bit - not maximally productive, but it's interesting. Next up, I'm going to see how well I can get a SWK Tempest Rush build to work for T6 bounties. I'm surprised I haven't seen the Crudest Boots yet - 16% chance according to the spreadsheet. Oh well, shouldn't be too long.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2hiylh/211_legendary_drop_rates_bloodshard_prices_easy/

My main is the wizard. I party with people of different classes and they share their extra gear with me. With this, I've geared up my DH and partially completed my Monk. I fully geared my Sader with Kadala. I've also geared some my party members with full and partial firebird sets. By the time the gearing is done, it's usually T6 capable.

Firebird sets used to drop like crazy pre 2.1. Now, the drop rate for class sets seems to have been reduced significantly.

Bleh, finished about 10 T6 Act 1 bounties....ZERO RoRG. I have like 6 other RoRG....but none rolled with CC, CHD nor slot. It always comes with shit like Vit, % life, Area Damage....ughhhhhh

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was just grabbing gloves from kadala on my crusader to get akkhan gloves...

Got strength Taskers with no crit. why.png

Quickly leveled a WD on seasons the past few nights, got it to 70 tonight. Holy shit, its so fun. Crafted gear right away, jumped into T2 with my Crusaders really nice Furnace.

For (higher tier) Grifts, is pet doctor or jade doctor considered better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom