• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Coop is the only reason to play Diablo 3 in any manner.

Single player solo is horribly boring, and not having any loot to share / compete against makes the entire exercise pointless.

Funnily enough I've played Diablo 3 solo more than I have coop. I just find it really fun to play :)

Also, I'll be very interested to read folks thoughts about playing it on the Vita. That's another big appealing thing about the PS4 version for me.

m@cross

I don't think this is mentioned in the OP clearly, so I went looking and found an answer.

For those wondering about digital vs disc, all pre-order bonuses are the same digital as they are for physical. Obviously a couple extra come to the PS versions, but you get them no matter which version you order.

This includes:
The Infernal Pauldrons, a unique shoulder wearable at level 1, these devilishly handsome shoulder plates provide bonuses to Vitality, Life per Second, and Cooldown Reduction, and are primed and ready for transmogrification

Arma Mortis and Arma Haereticorum, two exclusive collections of helm and weapon transmogrification recipes to distinguish your hero among the champions of Sanctuary

Liber Canis Mortui, an ancient scroll that will summon a loyal Spectral Hound minion to keep your adventurers company

Three additional character slots to accommodate your new nephalem

as well as the PlayStation exclusive bonus content

source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13734283672?page=2

gruenel

Funnily enough I've played Diablo 3 solo more than I have coop. I just find it really fun to play :)

Also, I'll be very interested to read folks thoughts about playing it on the Vita. That's another big appealing thing about the PS4 version for me.

Yes what dog$ said is entirely subjective, I love playing D3 solo.

Also looking forward to remote play. It'll be glorious!

Chesskid1

Banned
any word on a PS4 demo?

already own PS3 version and i think i did one playthrough on normal and havent touched it since (been busy), but i would like to see the graphics update irl for i can decide to upgrade or not

Pimpbaa

Can't believe this is the third time I'm buying this game (PC, PS3 and soon PS4). Really do prefer playing these type of games on a controller for some reason. I'm playing Marvel Heroes on PC and I'm always losing sight of the cursor and constantly put my fingers on the wrong keys. Also, nothing wrong with playing this game solo. I've enjoyed the entire series solo more than I have co-operatively. I'm greedy, I wants all the loots!

Flunkie

Banned
Very tempted to get my first digital PS4 title with this. Definitely something I'd love to just keep on my hard drive and boot up without having to switch discs, and I don't see the game leaving my playtime anytime soon.

Daximuss

They do scale to your level, but eventually you'll find gear that allows you to one-shot everything in a difficulty - at that point it's time to move up to keep picking up XP at a decent rate and finding better gear.

It's hard to explain but you'll see it play out once you beat the campaign once.

Apparently console difficulties are like PC difficulties now. At least that's what I'm gathering from the comments here.

The other info on that page should still be correct though.

Thanks a bunch to you both.

comakaz

Neo Member
Can't believe this is the third time I'm buying this game (PC, PS3 and soon PS4). Really do prefer playing these type of games on a controller for some reason. I'm playing Marvel Heroes on PC and I'm always losing sight of the cursor and constantly put my fingers on the wrong keys. Also, nothing wrong with playing this game solo. I've enjoyed the entire series solo more than I have co-operatively. I'm greedy, I wants all the loots!

I own PC, PS3, pre ordered PS4 version. I am thinking of getting it for X bone. I'm imagining playing it with soccer games on tv snapped. bliss.

funkypie

Banned
The new difficulty system seems weird. Think i preferred the old one on playing each mode first. I'm coming from quitting after couple months of PC release.

Admodieus

The new difficulty system seems weird. Think i preferred the old one on playing each mode first. I'm coming from quitting after couple months of PC release.

It works better because monsters will scale to your level no matter what difficulty you're playing on. You won't get as much XP playing on normal as you will on Expert, but you'll still get decent XP. Unlike vanilla, where playing on Nightmare when you were level 60 was an absolute waste of time.

Karak

any word on a PS4 demo?

already own PS3 version and i think i did one playthrough on normal and havent touched it since (been busy), but i would like to see the graphics update irl for i can decide to upgrade or not

I'm assuming the same day the press codes go live for review. I was told by Blizzard it was August 17th for the full game so I assume both at the same time.

ramuh

Haven't played outside 10 minutes of a Demo on PC back in the day. Wondering what I should roll first.

Hoping this has a demo, I cant find a demo for the ps3 version which I could've sworn existed on psn. Was going to be between this game and Garden Warfare but the microtransactions in GW are ridiculous so that game is out of the picture(which sucks since its actually a pretty fun game). I just need a demo of this game to see if it'll be my cup of tea or not. If theres no demo theres no chance of purchase.

DustinC

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there's also an option to link to your Battle.net account, which nets some level 1 legendaries to use for starting characters. I've only played the PS4 version for review, so no idea if these are console exclusive or whatever, but one seems to reference a Sony title.

Wasn't sure if people care about spoilers for stuff like this, but I'll hide it anyways.

Shoulders - The Hero's Journey - +4 Life per sec, ignores durability loss, +10 health from globes, 12% movement speed.

Ammy - Drake's Amulet - 30% gold find, 10 % magic find, +3 radius pick-up, ignores durability loss

Ring - Leah's Ring - +10 vit, 5 % attack speed, 15% magic find, ignores durability loss

Ring - Signet Ring of the Blizzard - 3 - 6 Damage, + 17 vit, 2 life per hit, 10 % chance to freeze,

Then there's one level 30 legendary:

Gauntlet - Leoric's Gauntlets - 5% crit chance, 50 % crit damage, +120 vit, -5% from melee, Chance to summon minion of Leoric when attacking.

A new copy of each gets dropped into your stash for each new character you make too.

Dynamic3

Just watched the GiantBomb QL...I thought they toned down the loot for the console versions (meaning you got fewer but better loot given the way the inventory is handled on the console), but they got sooo much loot and were constantly junking and such. Did this change?

Kemal86

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there's also an option to link to your Battle.net account, which nets some level 1 legendaries to use for starting characters. I've only played the PS4 version for review, so no idea if these are console exclusive or whatever, but one seems to reference a Sony title.

Wasn't sure if people care about spoilers for stuff like this, but I'll hide it anyways.

Shoulders - The Hero's Journey - +4 Life per sec, ignores durability loss, +10 health from globes, 12% movement speed.

Ammy - Drake's Amulet - 30% gold find, 10 % magic find, +3 radius pick-up, ignores durability loss

Ring - Leah's Ring - +10 vit, 5 % attack speed, 15% magic find, ignores durability loss

Ring - Signet Ring of the Blizzard - 3 - 6 Damage, + 17 vit, 2 life per hit, 10 % chance to freeze,

Then there's one level 30 legendary:

Gauntlet - Leoric's Gauntlets - 5% crit chance, 50 % crit damage, +120 vit, -5% from melee, Chance to summon minion of Leoric when attacking.

A new copy of each gets dropped into your stash for each new character you make too.

The shoulders, amulet, gauntlets, and one of those rings were in the PS3 version as Playstation exclusives. They aren't given for tying your account to Battle.net. The other ring is the bonus item.

I did it GAF. I preordered.

Now the question is...Monk, Wizard or Witch Doctor?

I played a Wizard most recently, loved the class. DPS out the ass.

My initial runs on PC at launch was as a Monk, which was pretty fun, but I had a lot of trouble getting my DPS up to reasonable levels. I don't know how the class has been after all the patching.

ZenaxPure

Just watched the GiantBomb QL...I thought they toned down the loot for the console versions (meaning you got fewer but better loot given the way the inventory is handled on the console), but they got sooo much loot and were constantly junking and such. Did this change?

I think that mostly applies to legendaries. You're going to see a load of yellow/blue items no matter what.

But it's not a big deal really in RoS. You will get good legendaries fairly quickly, especially with all the new crafting stuff. It won't take you very long before you are at a point where you automatically junk every single blue/yellow item. To be honest it's a good thing that so many drop because you need them for the crafting mats. Crafting mats are super important in RoS as you use them for both legendary item crafting and enchanting (which you will be doing a lottttttt).

This is speaking for max level of course.

DustinC

The shoulders, amulet, gauntlets, and one of those rings were in the PS3 version as Playstation exclusives. They aren't given for tying your account to Battle.net. The other ring is the bonus item.

Ahh, gotcha. The only console version of D3 I had played previously was on 360. Thought it was odd the insert only mentioned one item for linking, and then I had all of the above in the stash!

Is the save export thing a one time thing, or does it link your account to battle.net and keep updating? I'm playing daily on 360 still and will be exporting to Xbox One. I'm wondering if I should even bother with the export until I have my Xbox One copy downloaded.

catspit

I am in the same boat.... Can't believe I am buying this for the third time... PC, PS3 and now PS4.. PC was fun but the Auction house was the devil and a source of money at the same time when I dumped all my gear. The PS3 was fun, but then it felt like it was "attacked" by modded and hacked items/players.. I am hoping the ps4 versions is a new experience ... And it will be with RoS, but I hope modders stay away.

dengatron

hmm.. plenty of time to kill before destiny, and since this is actually getting patches, it might be worth it. blizzard lemme get my witch doctor onto console, doe.

Kubiubo

I caved and bought the game. I'm mainly excited that I won't have to suffer with lag anymore. PSN ID is Kubiubo, onwards to LOOT!

mstevens

I don't think this is mentioned in the OP clearly, so I went looking and found an answer.

For those wondering about digital vs disc, all pre-order bonuses are the same digital as they are for physical. Obviously a couple extra come to the PS versions, but you get them no matter which version you order.

This includes:
The Infernal Pauldrons, a unique shoulder wearable at level 1, these devilishly handsome shoulder plates provide bonuses to Vitality, Life per Second, and Cooldown Reduction, and are primed and ready for transmogrification

Arma Mortis and Arma Haereticorum, two exclusive collections of helm and weapon transmogrification recipes to distinguish your hero among the champions of Sanctuary

Liber Canis Mortui, an ancient scroll that will summon a loyal Spectral Hound minion to keep your adventurers company

Three additional character slots to accommodate your new nephalem

as well as the PlayStation exclusive bonus content

source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13734283672?page=2

Uhhh.. is there any way to get those additional character slots without preordering? I'm getting this game for sure, but I don't want digitial and I'm not a big fan of gamestop.

ZangBa

Uhhh.. is there any way to get those additional character slots without preordering? I'm getting this game for sure, but I don't want digitial and I'm not a big fan of gamestop.

You're out of luck unless you pre-order. It's possible they will allow people to purchase the pre-order bonuses somewhere down the line, but not guaranteed.

OmegaDL50

Well you could always pre-order from Amazon, who will have the bonuses as well.

Top Bottom