• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Guys, how does the multplayer work ? I can team up with randoms or strictly friend invites ?
Also, can you change your character's name later on ? (I accidentally validated before finishing inputing the name and was too lay to restart...)

Samus4145

Sucks to see copies already out in the wild. My digital code can't be redeemed till Sunday and I'll be busy with Summerslam.

Kyoufu

Guys, how does the multplayer work ? I can team up with randoms or strictly friend invites ?
Also, can you change your character's name later on ? (I accidentally validated before finishing inputing the name and was too lay to restart...)

The game has matchmaking too. Really easy to play with randoms.

Can't change your character's name I don't think.

The game has matchmaking too. Really easy to play with randoms.

Can't change your character's name I don't think.

Ok, well, too bad for the name, as for the matchmaking, is it unlocked from the start ?
Or do you have to reach a certain point in the game ? I'm around LvL11.
(Out of curiosity as I guess the servers are not yet avaible)

Sucks to see copies already out in the wild. My digital code can't be redeemed till Sunday and I'll be busy with Summerslam.

Yeah, this is why I need to stay away from OT's until the official release date. I get really jealous of the people with early copies.

Did you purchase from a specific retailer to be able to play Sunday?

confuziz

Banned
Can you play D3 online WITH couch co-op?. Let's say I got a buddy over here and I want to play with another buddy online at the same time. Is this possible?

Question for a friend, he has a review copy for his site and pod cast. He streamed some gameplay yesterday and now his PSN account is perma banned. He had no notification about an NDA not allowing him to do so, any one else with a review copy had the same problem or received any info regarding NDA?

Daximuss

Ok, I'm a bit confused and need some info from you Diablo players that have played the expansion.

I read today that there is no longer the normal, nightmare, hell, and inferno modes in this new edition that were originally in vanilla Diablo III. So once I beat the campaign the first time, how do I take on the more difficult mobs for the better drops on the second go around?

Admodieus

Ok, I'm a bit confused and need some info from you Diablo players that have played the expansion.

I read today that there is no longer the normal, nightmare, hell, and inferno modes in this new edition that were originally in vanilla Diablo III. So once I beat the campaign the first time, how do I take on the more difficult mobs for the better drops on the second go around?

You simply bump up the difficulty before you jump into the game and go from there - all acts and quests will be available to you. In fact, you can even bump the difficulty up to Hard or Expert on your initial run through the game (I think Master and Torment require beating the game).

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Is the co-op worth grabbing the console version for? That's what would make me switch from PC. Couch coop.
Coop is the only reason to play Diablo 3 in any manner.

Single player solo is horribly boring, and not having any loot to share / compete against makes the entire exercise pointless.

gruenel

Wait, what are all the difficulties in this game? It sounds like there are way too many ha.

Here's all you want to know :)

Edit: that page might actually be outdated.

Admodieus

Wait, what are all the difficulties in this game? It sounds like there are way too many ha.

It's Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, Torment I-VI.

It sounds like a lot but it's not, really. The first time you play you'll probably be on Normal, but for subsequent characters where you may have gear to pass down to them, they can level on a higher difficulty. Master and the Torments are typically done as part of the end-game, as there are certain set piece legendaries you can only find in torment. As you go up the difficulty ladder, your ability to find rare items increases, along with your XP gain and gold find.

What is that dodge i keep seeing @_@. Also, is it even worth buying if i've already invested a lot on the PC version?

The right analog stick on console versions allows you to dodge-roll. :D

Best thing about moving to the console editions after playing the PC version for me.

Daximuss

You simply bump up the difficulty before you jump into the game and go from there - all acts and quests will be available to you. In fact, you can even bump the difficulty up to Hard or Expert on your initial run through the game (I think Master and Torment require beating the game).

Damn, so the mobs don't automatically scale to my level?

Kyoufu

What is that dodge i keep seeing @_@. Also, is it even worth buying if i've already invested a lot on the PC version?

Dodge roll with the right stick.

I have 500 hours on the PC version but the number one reason why I'd rather play the console version is trading. I get trash legendaries on the PC version so I'd rather just trade or be gifted items I need.

Also it looks pretty fun with the controller.

Helscream

Banned
BOA is for the PC version. During the Q&A on gamespot the devs said that almost everything can be traded. You can even mail items to people on your friends list. I am sure the exceptions will be like vanillia D3 for consoles hellfire gear and max level gems.

Also the drop rate on UEE will be lower than on vanilla D3 for consoles. The consoles will get the current PC drop rates while buffed less than what console players are used to on vanilla D3.

So I went through the Q & A

At 35:30 http://youtu.be/QvygnSnkk9U It is stated that when you find a legendary there is a chance a "gift" box will drop alongside it which you can mail to a friend. When the player receives the gift the item will roll based on what class they are using. At 54:30 it is stated all trade restrictions from PC have been removed for the console, but the guy still says you have to mail it to your friend. Which could have a interesting twist on trading. Maybe this is Blizzards way of toning down the duping madness.

Concerning the drop rates being different on the consoles Reaper of Souls will obviously will be different than D3 Vanilla. There will no longer be Nephalem Valor, Paragon system will not soley tribute to Magic/Gold find, and only certain items will only be available on Torment difficulty. I have haven't seen any specific data on changes drop rate from D3 Vanilla to D3 UEE.

dorkkaos

Dodge roll with the right stick.

I have 500 hours on the PC version but the number one reason why I'd rather play the console version is trading. I get trash legendaries on the PC version so I'd rather just trade or be gifted items I need.

Also it looks pretty fun with the controller.

The right analog stick on console versions allows you to dodge-roll. :D

Best thing about moving to the console editions after playing the PC version for me.

Thanks, maybe I'll get it when it's less expensive then XD

Admodieus

Damn, so the mobs don't automatically scale to my level?

They do scale to your level, but eventually you'll find gear that allows you to one-shot everything in a difficulty - at that point it's time to move up to keep picking up XP at a decent rate and finding better gear.

It's hard to explain but you'll see it play out once you beat the campaign once.

Ooccoo

As someone who owns the game on PC, the PS4 version being $60 is a bummer. I wish we'd had a rebate or something. Can't really justify paying that much to basically double dip.

As someone who owns the game on PC, the PS4 version being $60 is a bummer. I wish we'd had a rebate or something. Can't really justify paying that much to basically double dip.

I was hoping for an upgrade from PS3 > PS4 digital for like $20 or something :(

Oh well, I think it'll worth it

SeanTSC

$48 at Best Buy if you have GCU. And got an email a bit ago that mine just shipped, yay.

I was going to grab this on PS4, but decided to put off the PS4 purchase for another few months until there are more games on the system I really want. Most of the stuff I'm really looking forward to at this point is still coming out for the last round of consoles. So I'll be playing this on PS3. At least I won't have to worry about save file transfer. And I save $20!

So are you guys picking up your old characters or starting fresh? I've got a Level 60 Wizard I'm going to dust off. Looking forward to it.

My weekend is set!

BvBfCOQCIAA1Mbw.jpg

LOL at the "bonus"!

Includes original game as well. Haha!

Top Bottom