• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

quest

Not Banned from OT
I wonder what drop rates will be like. You can grind for hours on the PC version and end up with nothing to show for it.

It is the same as the current PC but RNG is going to be RNG. Even with the turbo drop rate of the vanilla D3 on console I could go 3-4 hours with out a legendary. Then a couple days later get 20 legendary in an hour.

Drame

Street date broken here in Finland.

ihimcKm08XCmQ.jpg

Fellow fingaffers, check your local Citymarkets.
Oh my. I was kind of thinking of doing the good old "milkshop" tour to see that if good old Prisma or Citymarket had broken the date.

"Nah, this time they won't do it. I'll just pre-order it at psn"

Dang...

gruenel

Oh my. I was kind of thinking of doing the good old "milkshop" tour to see that if good old Prisma or Citymarket had broken the date.

Dang...

You could always cancel the PSN preorder.

Jolkien

How do you link your battle.net profile with your PSN ? You need Reaper of Souls or can I link it already on their website ?

I'm definitely getting this game but when it comes but when it comes to RPGs I'm a bit clueless. Anyone have a good breakdown of each of the classes strengths and weakness or what skills to use?

I'm definitely getting this game but when it comes but when it comes to RPGs I'm a bit clueless. Anyone have a good breakdown of each of the classes strengths and weakness or what skills to use?

Just try out things. You can at any time change your skills and really, leveling up to 60 is just a really long tutorial of sorts. Up to then there is not that much of a challenge and you will realize which skills and such work well together. You unlock more skills as you level up so you are encouraged to try them out as you go along.

(there are builds out on the net but most are for PC version(just add console version when you google) and also they really are meant for level 60+ chars.

As for class is really mostly personal preference. I like the wizard since I rain death from a distance and feel the rush of avoiding enemies that can crush me into goo.

twelver

Question: if I preorder physical ps4 copy do I get all 4 bonus items like the hound and bonus slots or do I only get the pauldrons? Places like Amazon only show pauldrons, but the digital blizzard page shows all the pre order content... Thanks.

Autofokus

That's what I was thinking of doing. So far I've only bought single player games from the U.S store because I wasn't sure if there would be problems with the servers
On PS3, you could freely change the region you want to play on-the-fly (main menu -> options) . Even put on restrictions like Matchmaking same region-only or going further, same language-only.

My concern is the lack of information I can find about importing multiple profiles into the PS4 version from PS3 version.

Have two other offline profiles that my friends use with char's on them. Hopefully it's a simple thing of creating&importing new offline profiles on the PS4.
I don't think that works. The Export/Import feature is tied (going from last to current gen) to a PSN account.

Jolkien

Those are PC version builds though and also based on level 70 builds.

There's not really any ''wrong'' build while you level and get acquainted with the game mechanics. You play with what works, and I suggest to play around with every skill you unlock so you can play around with a build that suits your gear.

Dang...

Cancel it, that's what I did!

Played roughly 2 hours as a Crusader...god damn this game is going to be real time sink again! Didn't expect it to be much different from the vanilla PC version but oh boy it's absolutely fantastic. Drop rates seem just fine and this time around like 80% of the loot drops are for my current class. I'm almost lvl10, exploring the dungeon that leads to the Skeleton King and I've already gotten 2 legendaries.

That framerate patch is not yet available but it's very smooth as it is now, no drops as far as I can tell. Graphics are nice, the UI is slick and simple. Can't really find anything bad to say about it.

I'm going to continue onwards...fire away if you got some questions!

baconcow

Are there any new (post-E3) footage of the PS4 version of the game? I've only seen the short pieces from Digital Foundry and the video trailers posted by PlayStation.

Jolkien

Are there any new (post-E3) footage of the PS4 version of the game? I've only seen the short pieces from Digital Foundry and the video trailers posted by PlayStation.

IGN video review is up. But they used the Xbox One version (you can see an achievement pop up at the end of the video). The reviews mention FPS fluctuation but Digital Foundry and Blizzard found the problem and it'll be fixed in the day 1 patch.

I don't think that works. The Export/Import feature is tied (going from last to current gen) to a PSN account.

That would seriously suck in that case. Got like 5 characters like that. Two of them are paragon 10+.

At least I could plunder my friends corpses for the gear I guess and tell my friends, "sucks to be you, lol".

Just went into GAME to see if I could pre-order it there instead of online for same price so I didn't have to rely on the Postman.

(Only store here that I can easily get to)

They couldn't tell me the launch day price despite it releasing in 4 days.
And that the stores systems wouldn't tell them the price till launch day.

Is this a new thing?
(Last time I pre-ordered a game was years ago mind....!)

Opted to keep my web order as I at least know what I'm paying.

Danis

Neo Member
Can anyone link me to an image of what the game looks like in Split-screen? This was an instant buy for me when I thought my couch co-op buddy and I would share a screen (just need to stick together). But now that I know it's split screen, I'm on the fence.

I looked around, couldn't find any.

Can anyone link me to an image of what the game looks like in Split-screen? This was an instant buy for me when I thought my couch co-op buddy and I would share a screen (just need to stick together). But now that I know it's split screen, I'm on the fence.

I looked around, couldn't find any.

Same. The GF wants in but i'm curious as to what the split looks like.

Danis

Neo Member
Same. The GF wants in but i'm curious as to what the split looks like.

Now I'm even more confused. OP says it's split-screen for local co-op, Battle.net's official page for the game says this:

Play solo or form a party of up to four heroes—either with local players together on the same screen or online with players via PlayStation Network or Xbox Live.

Does that mean same screen co-op? Or the same screen split up. Ugh.

EDIT: Found this here.

Offline mode allows up to four players to play on the same screen at the same time. There is no split screen but in order to keep the screen as uncluttered as possible each player's on-screen UI is condensed with each one sitting in a corner of the screen.

And this....

In offline multiplayer, (as all characters share the one screen), if a character disappears from the screen as the other players move away the character will instantly teleport to the rest of the group.

I'd REALLY like OP to cite his source on split-screen... because I'm finding nothing here.

The hell? Split? I just assumed it would be like the ps3 version. Same screen coop and you stick together or someone teleports.

*edit* I think OP's wrong. I googled and saw that wiki said the same thing he did but if you check the wiki articles reference to a blizzard pressrelease from back in may. Ctrl-f and nothing about split.

Danis

Neo Member
That's what I'm thinking too (OP being incorrect). Because, split-screen really makes no sense, at all. It would be 4 screens displaying literally the same exact thing for 90% of the time, which would just be a visual mess.

Edit: Here it is again, straight from Blizzard: All four console versions of the Ultimate Evil Edition feature 4-player same-screen and online multiplayer Link.

Perhaps OP should update the first post.

Marv_79

Neo Member
A few quick questions if I may. I'm looking for something to fill a hole whilst waiting for Destiny and was wondering if this game is form me.

How noob friendly is this? I've never played a Diablo game before.

I love Action RPG's but don't like it when they get too bogged down in stats and buffs - Does this have a stat/buff for every little thing?

How essential is the multiplayer in this? I much prefer to play solo.

I only get to game a few hours a night on weekends, is it even worth me starting this with only 3 weeks (from when Diablo is release) until Destiny is released?

Many thanks in advance.

quest

Not Banned from OT

Go to twitch I have watched a few people playing it. There is a person here who has it and been doing sessions on twitch. He posted a link page or 2 back.

Admodieus

A few quick questions if I may. I'm looking for something to fill a hole whilst waiting for Destiny and was wondering if this game is form me.

I love Action RPG's but don't like it when they get too bogged down in stats and buffs - Does this have a stat/buff for every little thing?

I only get to game a few hours a night on weekends, is it even worth me starting this with only 3 weeks (from when Diablo is release) until Destiny is released?

Many thanks in advance.

1) Extremely noob friendly. Impossible to build your character wrong - you get all skills and runes over time.

2) It has a lot of stats but they have streamlined them for item comparisons - when you pick up loot you'll see if its better or worse in three areas - damage, toughness, and healing. Every stat folds into those three categories.

3) Diablo 3 has legs. I've played on PC for a while and I get hooked for a few weeks, then take a break for a month or two to play other stuff, and eventually come back to it.

Badgerst3

Many thanks in advance.

Same general questions plus one:

Does better loot have a higher drop rate based on difficulty?

LCGeek

formerly sane
1) Extremely noob friendly. Impossible to build your character wrong - you get all skills and runes over time.

I disagree with this while this is true for skills and runes knowing what to look for in terms of stats on items is huge. Get this wrong and you will never get to higher difficulties cause you will not do enough damage or you will die too quickly.

Marv build guides and various D3 forums, reddit and diablofans topics are a good way to learn the nuances of diablo 3. Though I will say, avoid the whining and in general negative attitude of some.

Bittercup

Xbox achievements are already listed. They should be the same as on PS4:
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/diablo-3-ulimate-evil-edition/achievements/
(obviously don't read if you don't want to see spoilers)
Seems overall a lot less time consuming than Diablo 3 last gen. No more 5 million gold to pick up! I wonder if trophies will unlock if you import a character. There are many old ones on the list.

bidguy

Banned
I watched for a minute or 2. He never showed his inventory but it is hacked legacy gear from vanilla D3. That is why public games are worthless in this game. Just add us legit players from GAF and you will be fine.

cant be true because hacked gear does not transfer according to blizzard

quest

Not Banned from OT
cant be true because hacked gear does not transfer according to blizzard

I knew that was BS they might catch some but not all of it. He was doing up to 25 million point crits lol. This is the reason I wanted a always online option but at least going in I know public games are tainted.

Admodieus

I disagree with this while this is true for skills and runes knowing what to look for in terms of stats on items is huge. Get this wrong and you will never get to higher difficulties cause you will not do enough damage or you will die too quickly.

Marv build guides and various D3 forums, reddit and diablofans topics are a good way to learn the nuances of diablo 3. Though I will say, avoid the whining and in general negative attitude of some.

True, but you can't permanently ruin your character. When you find a new build online, you just switch your skills and start looking/crafting for the gear at that point. Better than Torchlight 2 which had no respec mechanic.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I knew that was BS they might catch some but not all of it. He was doing up to 25 million point crits lol. This is the reason I wanted a always online option but at least going in I know public games are tainted.

I had secret hopes they would do like in D2 where you could make offline characters and online characters.

That was the best of both worlds, you had offline characters to try builds with the trainers or conversion mods and online characters for legit gaming.

Inevitably, nu-blizzard always disappoints.

Top Bottom