• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

OmegaDL50

How exactly does that work? I get that it would be easy to track digitally, but does Amazon just ship the first batch with a code?

Possible to do at Target?

For any bonuses not included in launch editions of the game, Amazon will email you a code you can just copy and paste. Or type in manually.

Ascenion

Never actually had the pleasure of playing a Diablo game. I'm starved for an RPG though. Is this a good buy? It kinda reminds me of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

First Diablo game, thinking I'm gonna roll a Wizard and hard to start out. Any tips for me just jumping in?

Never actually had the pleasure of playing a Diablo game. I'm starved for an RPG though. Is this a good buy? It kinda reminds me of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

It's a great loot RPG. You'll always want the next piece of gear that is better than what you have. It becomes an addiction. It isn't the deepest RPG, all your stats are gear dependent, but the hunt for better gear is addictive, especially with some friends.

Mr.Fresh

Paid this off for PS4 while I was at the mall with my GF earlier. Not sure which class I should go with yet... Thinking Crusader or Demon Hunter.

OmegaDL50

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is similar but again it heavily based on the formula that took off when Diablo 2 was released. Many other developers made their own twist on the genre to capitalize on Diablo's success, which is why games like Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath, Dungeon Siege, Titan Quest, Fate, Torchlight, Sacred, etc were made.

Actually Torchlight 1 and 2 may be the most direct comparison outside of visuals because when Blizzard North was closed, Some of the Diablo 2 creators Eric and Max Schaefer, excluding David Brevik, formed their own studio Runic Games, along side Fate creator Travis Baldree which lead to the development of the Torchlight titles.

If you enjoyed the Dark Alliance games, then you'll easily enjoy Diablo III: RoS. It's definitely one of the pinnacle points of the genre, especially considering all of the changes implemented after Jay Wilson stepped down and could no longer impede in it's progress.

Nasbin

I'm confused about the TLoU/SotC content: is it actually a pre-order bonus or does it come with every copy of PS4 Diablo 3? The OP makes it sound like a pre-order bonus but the wording on the battle.net post isn't very clear. I won't have a PS4 till the Destiny bundle drops and I'm wondering if I should pre-order or just wait.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm confused about the TLoU/SotC content: is it actually a pre-order bonus or does it come with every copy of PS4 Diablo 3? The OP makes it sound like a pre-order bonus but the wording on the battle.net post doesn't make it very clear.
I'm pretty sure it's just a PS-exclusive.

zoobzone

My weekend is set!

BvBfCOQCIAA1Mbw.jpg

damn so jelly here

Wish they would just unlock the game for digital preorders.

Anyway I'm ready myself with Hellfire rings and all my old PS3 exclusives.

GRaider81

Hoping Shopto in the UK send this out today to get it tomorrow. With their "release day guarantee" I doubt they will send it on Monday.

Fingers crossed!

For those of you playing on ps3 and X360 and upgrading, are you going to remove the gems off your current character as well as the tomes of blacksmithing and jewelcraft and leave them in your shared loot chest for your new characters on XB1 or ps4?

I Have two level 60 characters and wanted to roll a crusader for the new version.. Wanted him to have access to some decent jewels to socket early on.

funkypie

Banned
It works better because monsters will scale to your level no matter what difficulty you're playing on. You won't get as much XP playing on normal as you will on Expert, but you'll still get decent XP. Unlike vanilla, where playing on Nightmare when you were level 60 was an absolute waste of time.

true. but why would you play on nightmare at level 60 lol.

Kemal86

Uhhh.. is there any way to get those additional character slots without preordering? I'm getting this game for sure, but I don't want digitial and I'm not a big fan of gamestop.

At least on PS3 for original Diablo 3, you could buy the pre order bonus helm as a separate purchase from the PSN Store. Hopefully that will be the case this time around as well.

romulus91

anyone who has played most characters .... how do each feel/play? :)

i only played the monk and found him to be fast, close range and pretty fun to play

At least on PS3 for original Diablo 3, you could buy the pre order bonus helm as a separate purchase from the PSN Store. Hopefully that will be the case this time around as well.

Does the PS3 DLC work with the PS4 version? Just wondering if I should buy the DLC.

Kyoufu

I wonder what drop rates will be like. You can grind for hours on the PC version and end up with nothing to show for it.

Well currently the console version have a fairly high drop rate imo. I doubt they will change that in the UEE version.

My concern is the lack of information I can find about importing multiple profiles into the PS4 version from PS3 version.

Have two other offline profiles that my friends use with char's on them. Hopefully it's a simple thing of creating&importing new offline profiles on the PS4.

Tuesday come faster!

I decided my classes to play. I will start with a crusader then level a wizard. Hopefully should be a nice contrast to the demon hunter I played on PC!

OmegaDL50

true. but why would you play on nightmare at level 60 lol.

If playing the original Diablo 3 and getting to 60 by the end of normal, you had no choice.

One needed to beat Normal, to unlock Nightmare, and play all through Nightmare to unlock Hell, and same to beat Hell just to get to Inferno.

You could not skip directly to Inferno.

The new difficulty progression with scaling and being able to adjust up T6 is much improved which means one isn't forced to go through the game multiple times to get the best rewards. Now how far you can go in the tiers is based on how well geared you are.

Well I just exported my characters on my 360 and I can't wait until next Tuesday when I buy this digitally on my X1, I was thinking about buying this on my PS4 but when they said it will be 1080p/60 as well on the X1 I'm going where all my friends are going and that's on the X1. I want this on my hard drive at all times and I'm pumped to play this with all my buddies again. I've put in over 400 hours on the PC version and I have no doubts I'll put the same amount of time into this version.

Ascenion

It's a great loot RPG. You'll always want the next piece of gear that is better than what you have. It becomes an addiction. It isn't the deepest RPG, all your stats are gear dependent, but the hunt for better gear is addictive, especially with some friends.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is similar but again it heavily based on the formula that took off when Diablo 2 was released. Many other developers made their own twist on the genre to capitalize on Diablo's success, which is why games like Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath, Dungeon Siege, Titan Quest, Fate, Torchlight, Sacred, etc were made.

Actually Torchlight 1 and 2 may be the most direct comparison outside of visuals because when Blizzard North was closed, Some of the Diablo 2 creators Eric and Max Schaefer, excluding David Brevik, formed their own studio Runic Games, along side Fate creator Travis Baldree which lead to the development of the Torchlight titles.

If you enjoyed the Dark Alliance games, then you'll easily enjoy Diablo III: RoS. It's definitely one of the pinnacle points of the genre, especially considering all of the changes implemented after Jay Wilson stepped down and could no longer impede in it's progress.

Thanks guys. Decided I'm going to pick this up. Looking forward to it.

quest

Not Banned from OT
For those of you playing on ps3 and X360 and upgrading, are you going to remove the gems off your current character as well as the tomes of blacksmithing and jewelcraft and leave them in your shared loot chest for your new characters on XB1 or ps4?

I Have two level 60 characters and wanted to roll a crusader for the new version.. Wanted him to have access to some decent jewels to socket early on.

Pretty much what I did also have poorly rolled hell fire ring for crusader. Can't complain to much a poorly rolled hellfire ring is still awesome at level 1. Also have a few pieces of level reduced gear for my crusader. I was going to jump right in with the crusader but decided to finish act 5 with wizard first to open adventure mode. Don't want to play through act 1-4 again lol. Also heard adventure mode is better EXP.

vato_loco

Very impressive!

GF wants to play this badly so I'm getting it for PS4. I have it on PC and I used to play it a lot, until they introduced (and bear with me here since I can't remember any names) those über hard enemies that were hiding behind portals where you had to find bosses somewhere in the map, kill them until they dropped something, gather enough somethings, open the portal in the town, enter it, kill the über boss, hope it drops something, repeat for several bosses, and craft an awesome ring.

Well, it took months for me to gather all the stuff, with the aid of some friends who were of higher level. I finally got everything I needed, and then I crafted.... the shittiest ring the world ever knew. I was SO enraged, I never ever grabbed Diablo III again. It just felt like... I dunno, a betrayal or something.

Top Bottom